• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wii or PS3

Wii or PS3

• Total voters
Years
  • I have stuck with nintendo for some time and like that you can play gamecube games and all on the wii. The ps3 has great graphics and battle games but I love my wii for having fun basic good games on my best animes. The wii remote is great and friend codes for pokemon and stuff is just too good

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Have to admit, wi + wifi + wifi game = heaps of fun but...

It all depends on what you're looking for, since this is a forum mostly for nintendo users (hence the pokemon tittle in the navbar up there) most of the people will say Wii since it's nintendo's and will have pokemon games and/or other stuff.

On my side i prefer and have a PS3 even though there's not THAT much games out for it all you have to do is wait untill they start to get for us the full of the system.

I have some inwords about the PS3 prices rising (i know why but because of forum rules i can't say it openly =.=) so i would say to buy one while they are still at this price :D

Years
  • I don't have the two systems as of yet. Both the Wii and the PS3 have their strong and weak points. if I ever do get them both, I'll finally make a judgement on which one is the best.

As of right now, I do have an Xbox 360. I love it so far.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    As a person who owns both systems, i can make a possibly accurate judgement.
    The wii is for people of young age, about 5-14 because of its many childish games.
    Its really a shame that there are few games for wii that are good.
    Of course, wii fit and the wiil(wii pun for wheel) are for more active people.
    It also breaks really easily.Once i tripped it over off its boost and the top part almost broke off.

The PS3 is for people who like the more gory,violent games.
    Since the PS3 focuses so much on the adult audience, games like ninja gaiden and call of duty 3 sell out fast. Most of its games are great, but there are few games to go around.
    However the sixaxis doesn't have much much movement.you turn the controller to the left and it moves left in grand turismo. But it is said that Sony is making the "Squiggle" which is like a wiimote, except without needing a sensor bar.

So the wii is for more active people and the PS3 is for inactive people that like mostly gory,violent games.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Wii. No question.

Ooohhh better graphics, weeeeeee - no. Graphics don't make the game, good graphics are nice, but the Wii is just plain better. The PS3 doesn't even come close. The Wii has a more imaganative way of playing, the PS3 is the same as the PS1 and PS2, but with better graphics, and internet... but the Wii has internet too! AND you can buy games on the Wii, like older games that you can't buy anymore. It has everything the PS3 has, but better, and it is more interactive, better for partys and all that jazz, also, you get a good work out when you play it haha!!

EDIT: If Sony lowered the price, I would buy one, because the new Ratchet & Clank and KH will most likely come out on the PS3, and I don't want to miss out on those ;)

So yeah, the PS3 isn't THAT bad, but I just don't get why it's so popular D:
    I've played one, and it's not all that great actually. Same as the PS1 and PS2 but with new games and better graphics, the only reason I would want one is for the new games.

Last edited:

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
    Years
  • I am extremely sorry for the hate I put in my last post. At the time, I was very upset emotionaly, for reasons you don't need to know. I decided to use this thread as an outlet for my anger. I do love the Wii, but that's just how I am. I know that there are some out there who think the PS3 rocks, and that is their preference. My preferences are not towards FPS's and Racing games, but towards platformers and RPG's, so I am naturally drawn to Nintendo consoles. Again, sorry to any PS3 owners out there, and owners of the 360. I have a lot of respect for the 360, and should not judge people owning PS3's just for owning them. I am usually against prejudice in any form, so that was a strange leap for me. I think it came from my accidentely stereotyping all PS3 owners as 'gramers' who only play games with awesome graphics and see the Wii as a baby's toy. Once again, sorry.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • If I had the choice, I'd get a PS3. But since the only one available isn't backwards compatible with my PS2 games, and that there's hardly any good games out, AND I don't have an HD ready TV... I'm sticking closely by my Wii.

I agree with whoever said a few posts back that the PS3 is way ahead of its time in terms of technological power.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • Wii. No question.

Ooohhh better graphics, weeeeeee - no. Graphics don't make the game, good graphics are nice, but the Wii is just plain better. The PS3 doesn't even come close. The Wii has a more imaganative way of playing, the PS3 is the same as the PS1 and PS2, but with better graphics, and internet... but the Wii has internet too! AND you can buy games on the Wii, like older games that you can't buy anymore. It has everything the PS3 has, but better, and it is more interactive, better for partys and all that jazz, also, you get a good work out when you play it haha!!

The Wii is a novelty. The fact that you use your arms for playing will die out extremely fast. And let's take a look at the Wii's internet... friend codes and no voice chat. [PHAIL!!]

Alright, what does the Wii have that the PS3 doesn't? And what is better about them? I'm pretty sure the Wii doesn't have a hard disk drive, let alone music storage and video.

My PS3 is not with me right now, but I have an unopened MGS4 sitting right next to me, and that alone pwns the crap out of the Wii.

I own both of the consoles, and after the nostalgia factor of Brawl ran out, my Wii became a tangled mess of cords, while my PS3 never leaves my side. When it comes down to it, you'll be playing Call of Duty 4 online 20 times as much then playing Brawl online.

Get a PS3, it's the smart choice.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Wii. No question.

The PS3 has internet. Admittedly, I haven't played any games online with it yet, but the Wii's internet is terrible. Playing with other people is such a hassle because you need to put in their long friend code, give them yours, and then when you get to play? It's pretty basic. And when you search for people to play against online? You can't save THEIR friend code, or even talk to them during or after assuming you enjoyed playing them. :| I'm not much of an online gamer but that annoys me greatly. Not to mention even for people who don't like online games, the basic internet browser is better in the PS3. And you don't even have to pay for it, like you do with Nintendo's browser. :|

I find the Wii terribly boring. The novelty of the remote and nunchuk wore off quite quickly. The only game I've played on it in the last half-year or so has been Brawl. That's not so bad except that the ONLY control scheme I even remotely enjoy is the Gamecube controller. So much for innovation--Brawl plays exactly the same as Melee for me, with upgrades. o_O Not to mention, once I'd completed SSE and played enough to get used to the roster and stages? I went right back to my PS2. (Unfortunately, my PS3 doesn't have backwards-compatibility or else I would've played that. D:)

There really just aren't any good games for Wii aside from a select few that get boring if you play them too much. Mind you, I have NO games that are exclusive for PS3 that I enjoy playing (I don't have access to my PS3 and I haven't finished the other games in MGS yet so I don't wanna pick up MGS4. 8D), but at least the PS3 has plenty of other things to keep itself useful. Blu-Ray, upconverting DVDs, a great media storage/player... and what does the Wii have? Um. Weather, a picture gallery, Miis and similar things. :/ All novelty to me and it's long since worn off.

I am extremely sorry for the hate I put in my last post. At the time, I was very upset emotionaly, for reasons you don't need to know. I decided to use this thread as an outlet for my anger. I do love the Wii, but that's just how I am. I know that there are some out there who think the PS3 rocks, and that is their preference. My preferences are not towards FPS's and Racing games, but towards platformers and RPG's, so I am naturally drawn to Nintendo consoles. Again, sorry to any PS3 owners out there, and owners of the 360. I have a lot of respect for the 360, and should not judge people owning PS3's just for owning them. I am usually against prejudice in any form, so that was a strange leap for me. I think it came from my accidentely stereotyping all PS3 owners as 'gramers' who only play games with awesome graphics and see the Wii as a baby's toy. Once again, sorry.
    I... don't really see how RPGs = Nintendo. :x When I think RPGs, I think Playstation. There are only three or four RPGs on Nintendo systems I actually enjoyed whereas on the PS2? Toooons of them. I definitely agree that it depends on the genre you like, but I disagree with the RPG bit.

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
    Years
  • I'll giva the PS some of the newer Final Fantasy's, and Kingdom Hearts. But Nintendo's got The World Ends with you, the kick-ass Final Fantasy remakes, and soon the awesome Dragon Quest remakes. Then there's (of course) Pokemon, the Mana series, Paper Mario, the upcoming Sonic Chronicles, and much more. Also, when I think of third parties, all my favorites: Capcom, Square Enix, Sega, and Camalot; they all seem to be sticking pretty close to Nintendo. Yes, they make some games on the rival consoles, but the three have some truly awesome exclusives: Zack & Wiki, Phoenix Wright, Megaman, and ect. And what Sega exclusives does the PS3 and 360 have? Sonic the Hedgehog, a steaming pile of crap.

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
  • Even know I have a PS2 but I also have the Wii, so I would go for the Wii. I don't really do the Wifi Wii thing either.

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
    Years
  • Yeah. I mean, I don't actually have WiFi at my house anymore, which sucks for me cause I really want to try WiiWare and get more VC games. Wait! WiiWare is another plus. they are awesome games that are exclusives and very cheap. LostWinds, I have heard, rocks, and I know Dr Mario can never fail.

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
    Years
    That may be the worst reasoning I have ever heard. For one thing, good craphics does not always mean a better system, examples include the Atari 2600/Intellivision+Colecovision and the NES/Sega Master relationships. Also, one good (Or great, or awesome) game does not a system make. Buying a system for on game is like buying a Blu-Ray player for one Blu-Ray movie, or buying a TV for on channel. Notcie I have made a post without digrading the PS3 in any way? That took some restraint, and an aspirin.

Back