• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Yo, expect IMs.

Tokido is the god though. I don't remember what tournament it was, but he Raging Demon'd someone and like, stood up and let the symbol pop up on his back.

That was when I realized that he was the god of the pop-off art.
    He has done it twice on stream. SCR 2010 against Clakey D and Evo 2013 against KBrad. He also did a pose of Akuma's Ultra 2 at Evo 2011 or 2012, where he fell down as he loss balance iirc.

SCR 2010 is the more memorable demon of the two though.

Years
    He has done it twice on stream. SCR 2010 against Clakey D and Evo 2013 against KBrad. He also did a pose of Akuma's Ultra 2 at Evo 2011 or 2012, where he fell down as he loss balance iirc.

SCR 2010 is the more memorable demon of the two though.

Spoiler:

LMAO Kbrad got hit with that jawn?

Mmmm.

Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    3 new playable characters with their own styles of play. As if it wasn't fun enough with just 2 characters! god vergil is so fucking badass

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Borderlands Humble Bundle guyssssssss! Go get you some Gearbox goodness!

Oh and this awesome deal to celebrate Sonic's anniversary https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/sonichitscollection_storefront
    That Sonic collection was on sale for $16.94 just last month according to IsThereAnyDeal. Not much of a sale, I'm afraid. :/
    Shame too, because I wouldn't mind having the PC version of Generations since it's apparently a modern Sonic game that actually doesn't suck.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Generations doesn't just NOT suck, it's pretty much the best Sonic game.

Well, it would be, but the 2D sections are pretty off and not as polished as the classic games. The 3D sections though? Fantastic. A platformer that plays like a pseudo racer. It's amazing.

Colors is up there too but the 3D sections aren't as well realized as in Generations (there also isn't that many), but the 2D sections are pretty good and do their own thing rather than trying to emulate the classic game. The Wisp powers are pretty fantastic as well and a very clever concept for the Sonic series. (Unfortunately not for Lost Worlds though.)

They're both incredible.

The humble bundle also has Sonic Racing and Sonic Racing Transformed which are pretty exceptional and great kart racers. Better than the console Mario Karts for sure. They're actually not barebones for one.

My ideal Sonic game would be one that's full of the Modern Sonic levels in Generations. Generatons just didn't have enough of them. They're soooo satisfying.

Last edited:

Yukari

I was honestly very impressed by just how good Colors and Generations were.

Morkula

Years
    I really want to try Colors - it's pretty cheap now so I should probably pick it up when I get the chance. I already own Sonic Racing Transformed on Wii U; it's a great game, yeah, but it doesn't hold a candle to MK8, so I'd have to disagree with your stance that it's better than Mario Kart, haha. Better than MK Wii, at least.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Maan I'll be honest, I really don't like Mario Kart 8 lol. And I liked MK7.

I really don't like the emphasis on luck than actual skill. It's on par with MKWii, but with an even worse roster. (Better tracks though.) The item balance is pure crap and the driving has gotten far too simplified for my liking, and it's hardly tight. MK7 had the better courses and a marginally better item balance, so I enjoyed it regardless. MK8 though? I don't think I ever had fun with it outside of local multiplayer.

I know there's 200cc, but that's even worse. I'm not really complaining about the game's speed here (although I do think MK8 outside of 200cc is pretty slow, that's hardly my biggest problem with it). The tracks just aren't designed for 200cc. The items aren't designed for 200cc. Items that are supposed to help you like Golden Mushroom and Star (which is pretty bad in MK8 anywho??) ended up doing the opposite in 200cc, and getting hit screws you over even more. It's a mode that, by and large, was more for being chaotic rather than for player skills.

I don't even have fun online. The skill gap is hardly there, so playing people hardly feels different than CPU. The only time I ever have fun with MK8 is couch multiplayer, where I want to play for shits and giggles since we're all in the same room and can actually share laughs, but even that never ever lasted long. (4 races and typically everyone has enough)

Also a minor nitpick but I really don't like Wario's model in this game lol. He's sooo wide and fat. He's always been chubby, but everything about him here is just so...big. lol He's my favourite character so it's actually something that admittedly nags on me a bit. (Honestly prefer picking DK as a result) Smash got it right at least.

It would be okay if MK8 actually got content, but it's so barebones. All there is racing, since battle mode is so bad now. Simply put the game isn't for me at all. I maintain that MKDS is the best Mario Kart for its content (and honestly me and my friends/relative all think it's way more fun than MK8), but shoutouts to Super Circuit for having tight racing mechanics.

More importantly, where the fuck is F-Zero? 200cc is anything but a replacement, it's not even anywhere as fast, dammit.

Last edited:

Morkula

Years
    Seeeeriously? I understand the complaint about battle mode, because it does indeed suck horribly. But I thought MK8 had some of the best tracks in the series! And I don't see how it's even more luck-based than Wii...that game made me rage every time I played it with it's horrific item bullshittery, and crap like the thunder cloud and POW block were just insufferable. My biggest beef with the item balance in 8 was the fact coins were so common, but other than that I found it much less rage-inducing.

I'm not a fan of 200cc either though. Like you said, it's more chaotic rather than skill-based - yeah, that's Mario Kart in general, but 200cc is just out of control.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Yeah saying it's on par with MKWii was just exaggeration. MKWii was awwwwwful. I don't think MK8 is awful though, just really don't like it personally lol.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    If you already own Borderlands or Borderlands 2, do not buy the Humble Bundle for the DLC. It comes packaged in the same code as the main game, which is frustrating for me because Steam does not create gift codes from Humble Bundle keys. I am pissed that I paid for something I won't get. At least it goes to charity.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Dat double post :3

I was considering it, thanks for pointing that out Nec! I think this summer I'll probably prioritise the Half Life, Bioshock and some other stuff. There is a big long list of games I need and I want to this summer get the big names off my list.

Years
    Yeah saying it's on par with MKWii was just exaggeration. MKWii was awwwwwful. I don't think MK8 is awful though, just really don't like it personally lol.

MKWii had that hot Rainbow Road doe', man. You can't front like that Rainbow Road wasn't legit.

But I'm a Luvdisc for MK64, despite all the damn glitches and shortcuts that exist in that game...smh, what's wrong with me?

Unrelated, how come no one told me that Payday 2 was so fun? I'm offended.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back