• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • To answer the second question, if you're playing the English version of the game, any Pokemon you hatch will be English, even if someone traded you an egg. As for the first question, a Japanese Ditto is so sought after because I believe it gets you a 70% chance of getting an egg if you breed it with anything except another Japanese Pokemon that is not Ditto.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ok, so I know any foreign Pokemon can only come from other places but I have heard that Japanese ditto is a really sought after thing. Why is this Pokemon so desirable? Does breeding a us pokemon with a jap ditto result in a jap Pokemon?
    I moved your question into the X/Y Q&A thread btw.

The reason why Japanese Dittos in particular are sought after is the Masuda Method. The Masuda Method is basically if you breed 2 Pokemon who come from different real-world regions, the chances of the baby that hatches being a shiny is higher than normal. People love their shinies, so lots of people want foreign Dittos in order to Masuda Method. But why Japanese Dittos? Why not Dittos from any foreign country? Part of it is that you might not be able to tell if that English Ditto you got came from your own English speaking country or another one (or if breeding an American and a UK Ditto evens works for MM). Part of it is because Japan is the largest and most avid part of Pokemon's fanbase, so there's more Japanese people around, and that means that there's more people willing to give you that Ditto you want, and it'll probably be a good IV one too since the Japanese are like that.

It's not really because the chances of getting an egg from the daycare goes up; that just happens as long as the OT of the two Pokemon are different, and you can accomplish that by trading with your neighbor or sister or even yourself in some cases.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What are some solid items for Umbreon in competitive battling scene? I already have a pokemon holding Leftovers so thats out.

Umbreon @______
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Synchronize
    -Toxic
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Payback
    IV: 6 31IVs
    Evs: 252Sp.Def/252HP/4Def

Just my opinion, however, you have just the one attacking move that's power is based wholly on whether it goes after the opponent or not and you didn't give it a nature that lowers it's speed or an item to lower it's speed. While Umbreon is slow, there's lots of things slower. Snorlax, for example, has a base speed less than half of Umbreon's plus it can have Immunity. (so a neutral natured Umbreon with no IVs and no Ev training can have a speed of 70 at level 50, or 135 at level 100, while a Snorlax with a neutral nature with no Ivs and no EV training can have a speed of 35 at level 50, or 65 at level 100) Now, I'm certainly not saying you shouldn't have moves based on the slowness (because I certainly do) but when it has a mid range speed stat and you haven't done anythng to lower it's speed, it's safe to say probably half the pokemon it encounters will not get the full effect of Payback. Not to mention the pokemon with Immunity, Magic Guard, Leaf Guard, Poison Heal, or is holding a Lum or PEcha Berry. Basically just to say if you're going to go with Payback I would say give it an Iron Ball or Lagging Tail (Iron Ball lowers your speed stat, while Lagging Tail makes you go last. It's important to make the distinction because there are moves that require your speed to actually be lower in order to boost the power of the move, while others, like Payback, only require the user to go after the opponent, the speed stat isn't critical in that instance) that way if you come across a big, slow, bulky pokemon that's slower than you but is immune to poison, you can still at least deal out worthwhile damage with an attack, whereas if you do nothing to lower your speed, the big, bulky slow pokemon that's immune to poison would only be taking half the damage you could potentially inflict.

Edit: I sure hope someone sees this! Anyway, I have a question, say (just for example, I'm not sure if this is the pokemon I would use it on necessarily) I had an Emolga with Motor Drive and holding a Cell Battery, would it getting hit with an Electric Move activate both the speed boost AND the one time attack boost, or would either the ability or item cancel the other one out?

Last edited:
    Years
  • When a Pokemon has more than one forme, like Floette or Vivillon or Sawsbuck, can their forme be different across various safari?

Years
  • When a Pokemon has more than one forme, like Floette or Vivillon or Sawsbuck, can their forme be different across various safari?

As far I as remember, no Sawsbuck form other than the Spring one can be found. As for Floette, it's only the red, yellow and blue flowers that can be found there. Vivillon I'm not sure, but it can be any of its usual 18 patterns. It might be tied to the region the Vivillon Safari owner is from but someone can correct me here.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    When a Pokemon has more than one forme, like Floette or Vivillon or Sawsbuck, can their forme be different across various safari?

As far I as remember, no Sawsbuck form other than the Spring one can be found. As for Floette, it's only the red, yellow and blue flowers that can be found there. Vivillon I'm not sure, but it can be any of its usual 18 patterns. It might be tied to the region the Vivillon Safari owner is from but someone can correct me here.

Vivillon's form in a Friend Safari will depend on your game, not the owner of the safari, unfortunately. :/
    I'm not certain about the other two.

Years
  • Vivillon's form in a Friend Safari will depend on your game, not the owner of the safari, unfortunately. :/
    I'm not certain about the other two.

Thanks for that.

Okay, so the full answer is the following:
    • Sawsbuck - Spring form only
    • Floette - Red, Yellow and Blue only (the safari can only have one of those three)
    • Vivillon - Random pattern, but can be any of the 18 region based patterns

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2014
    Should I go for a shiny eevee

So I have to be truthful I am 12 and sort of new to the pokemon world. I have finished fire red and X and I have played some B & W.

I just needed to know what shiny I should breed for. I have three pokemon from japan and a ditto, the pokemon I have are weedle, eevee, and bidoof.

I am currently getting eevee eggs and I know the masuda method has like a 1/700 chance and I am hoping to get a shiny somewhere around 40 - 70 eggs

I'm hoping this is going to worth my time, If I am doing something wrong tell me and if you would rather not have me return to this website I am glad to leave.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Thanks for that.

Okay, so the full answer is the following:
    • Sawsbuck - Spring form only
    • Floette - Red, Yellow and Blue only (the safari can only have one of those three)
    • Vivillon - Random pattern, but can be any of the 18 region based patterns

That (as far as I'm aware) is correct. the Sawsbuck thing though, if you DO happen to have the other forms from previous games traded over, I did read that they retain that form through breeding (just like the Flabebe) and I just so happen to have all 4 forms traded over, as well as the Blue Shellos (which as far as I'm aware, only Pink Shellos are in Kalos) so if you're just asking for curiousity's sake about the forms, okee dokee, but if you're actively looking for the other forms, I could breed them for you if you want. I have DESPERATELY been searching for a Vivillon caught in the Friend Safari with Friend Guard that I could be convinced to breed a Deerling or Shellos for! :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    How can I check if a pokemon is hacked?

I was wondertrading my non-perfect results of breeding and got a shinny docile korean ditto with perfect IVs and Imposter. That was like, too good to be true, but the stats seem to be right (lvl 30: 78 hp, 43 everything else), and it has the blue pentagon. Is there another way to check if it's not hacked?

Should I use it/trade it/ etc or should I release it?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    OMG if you're going to release it, give it to me, PLEASE! The most likely explanation, since it has the blue pentagon, is simply that it was legitmate or at least "legitimate" somewhere along the line and it then got cloned a million times. Depending on where it was caught (such as in Friend Safari) you only need to find a 4 IV Ditto because since it always has at least 2 guranteed, it's technically possible to have found one in the Friend Safari since finding a 4 IV ditto is way easier than finding a 6 IV Ditto, you know what I mean?

If it was wonder traded, then it's very likely to be cloned from the original, in fact, is almost assuredly a clone if they're wonder trading, but whoever was doing it was obviously doing it to be nice and put some good pokemon on the wonder trade. But if you're not interested, then by all means PLEASE give it to someone who will appreciate it! ;-) at level 30, it would have just been caught so even if you took it to the memory checker it may not have any memories yet so you can't really be sure even by that way yet.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    As you said, it's from a friend safari, and yeah, it's probably cloned, I think I'll keep it to breed D:, but if you want I can give you another 31IVs ( non-shinny and without HA thought :/ ) ditto I got, I think it was cloned too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Does anyone have a list of all the TM/HM locations in X and Y in order of accessibility, NOT numerical order? I just want to check them off the list as I get to areas rather than go back and forth through all 100 items over and over and over and over every single time I go to a new area.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • Kind of an ethics question here. My local GameStop will have a grand total of 100 serial codes for the Gengar Event and I was told the Diancie Event will be the same. I won't be able to go to either event until a day or two after both Events have started due to my job and the GameStop employee I talked to said that they will most likely be out of codes by then. Would using Powersaves on a spare copy of X to get Gengar and Diancie if GameStop runs out of codes before I get there be okay?

That said, I think using Powersaved Pokemon in any form of Multi-Player ruins the fun, so I only use Powersaves and Powersaved Pokemon in single player.

Years
  • Does anyone have a list of all the TM/HM locations in X and Y in order of accessibility, NOT numerical order? I just want to check them off the list as I get to areas rather than go back and forth through all 100 items over and over and over and over every single time I go to a new area.

Okay, large post (so spoiler tag is there) but here's where everything is found:

Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Kind of an ethics question here. My local GameStop will have a grand total of 100 serial codes for the Gengar Event and I was told the Diancie Event will be the same. I won't be able to go to either event until a day or two after both Events have started due to my job and the GameStop employee I talked to said that they will most likely be out of codes by then. Would using Powersaves on a spare copy of X to get Gengar and Diancie if GameStop runs out of codes before I get there be okay?

That said, I think using Powersaved Pokemon in any form of Multi-Player ruins the fun, so I only use Powersaves and Powersaved Pokemon in single player.
    It depends a bit on who you ask, but if you don't try to use them in online battles or try to trade them (and try to pass them off as 100% legitimate), most people will not have a problem with it.

Personally, I wouldn't care if you used them in battles or traded me clones of them.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • It depends a bit on who you ask, but if you don't try to use them in online battles or try to trade them (and try to pass them off as 100% legitimate), most people will not have a problem with it.

Personally, I wouldn't care if you used them in battles or traded me clones of them.

Might seem kind of weird, but I have a special "Event Box" in games I've gotten events in where I keep all my event Pokemon so I can marvel at their glory. Since I don't like battling or receiving Pokemon that aren't 100% legit, it's only fair that I don't trade or battle with Pokemon I know aren't 100% legit, too.

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
    Years
  • Can someone help me here I need some help on building a team only problem I have is I don't know what moves to use on my pokemon so far I have greninja and chandalure its the moves I don't know for them and the other four pokemon to choose from and there moves can some reply thanks:)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Can someone help me here I need some help on building a team only problem I have is I don't know what moves to use on my pokemon so far I have greninja and chandalure its the moves I don't know for them and the other four pokemon to choose from and there moves can some reply thanks:)
    I think it would be better if you try our Battling and Team Building section. If this is for an in-game team, post in the In-Game Team Help subsection. If it's for competitive battling, the main section is fine. IDK if you're planning to do competitive or not, but here's sets for Greninja and Chandelure:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Hi, I was thinking about doing a nuzlocke challenge but I don't want to lose the pokemon I got. I have pokemon red,yellow,crystal and X, and since I don't have pokemon stadium + transfer pack or 2 gameboys + link cable, the only viable game seems to be pokemon X. The question is, the only ways to save those pokes is with pokebank or trading them one by one to some friend, right? And, the ID and stuff that is linked to my pokemon global link account will be the same after I reset the game?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back