• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • What exactly is there to do after beating the Elite Four?

There's the Looker sidequest, in-game trades (Diantha giving a Ralts and Shauna giving a Kalos starter with the type weakness to the one you chose), Battle Maison, some extra stuff restaurants to battle in Lumiose (notably Restaurant Le Wow which gives big money) and well, nothing much else really. The postgame is pretty much the most disappointing part, period.

The only real benefit it has is competitive players who do all the endless breeding to get good Pokemon.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Why the heck am I getting boosted Experience?? I hatched a bunch of starters and am EV training them and levelling them up, but my Chimchar is getting boosted experience after every battle (As in, I'm getting a message specifically telling me it's getting boosted experience) I hatched all the starters in the same day and so far Totodile, Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Piplup and Charmander all get normal experience, but by Chimchar is getting boosted expereince and I have no idea why. None of them are holding a Lucky Egg, none of them were used in Pokemon Amie, I'm not connected to the internet so no one inadvertently gave me an Exp O Power, All of them were hatched by me so they all have my Trainer ID, and I just went to the Name Rater just in case there was some glitch that caused the game to think it was a traded pokemon but I can rename it perfectly fine, what is happening? Does anyone have any idea?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out: Upon checking again, I saw that Cyndaquil ALSO was gaining boosted EXP, so it turns out that one a pokemon gets to the level it's supposed to evolved at and you don't let it evolve, it gains boosted Exp (At least as far as I can tell)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2014
    About Milotic's competative ability...

New in X and Y is the Competitive ability. Among the pokes that can get it is Milotic and competitive is very similar to Marvel scale in that it gives Milotic a stat boost when affected by an attack. The difference being that Marvel scale activates on a status effect and Competitive activates on a stat reduction. My question for you guys: will Competitive activate from the stat lowering effects of burn and paralysis? It's giving me something to think about when choosing which ability Milotic I should put on my team.

Years
  • You're apparently all wrong here, sadly.

Competitive is actually a variant of Defiant. Competitive causes the Pokemon to gain a +2 boost to Special Attack when affected by any moves that lower a stat, so it's essentially a special-based counterpart to Defiant.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Because of STAB I try to always have an attacking move of the same types as the user, but for Hawlucha is having Flying Press enough? If it's both a Fighting and Flying type move, is there no point in having a flying move, or (like regular battle typings) would there be some opponent that a fighting and flying typing on the move would negate each other (like say a Bug type for example) and only do normal damage? So in a case like this, should I also have a pure flying type move as well? Or because of it's dual type, should I also have a pure fighting and pure flying move in addition to the combination Flying Press? Thanks for the clarfication. (And really, I am fine if this ends up being the only dual type move ever!)

No one uses Flying Press on Hawlucha because it only inflicts neutral damage on Steels, when Fighting attacks generally hit them super effectively (heck, Magnezone even resists the move, due to the fact that Flying Press takes Fighting and Flying's type effectiveness in account). Not only that, it's not as strong as High Jump Kick.

Your best bets for Hawlucha's STABs are High Jump Kick and Acrobatics (in conjunction with a consumable item like Sitrus Berry). People even use Power Herb + Sky Attack to make Acrobatics go to its full power.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So the ability Reckless increases damage on recoil moves, but does it also increase the damage the user receives from the recoil as well? I tried Googling and found message boards that say Yes, No and Possibly in equal amounts, so does anyone know for sure?

Years
  • So the ability Reckless increases damage on recoil moves, but does it also increase the damage the user receives from the recoil as well? I tried Googling and found message boards that say Yes, No and Possibly in equal amounts, so does anyone know for sure?

As far as I know, Reckless increases both the power of recoil moves and the damage from recoil itself.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    So the ability Reckless increases damage on recoil moves, but does it also increase the damage the user receives from the recoil as well? I tried Googling and found message boards that say Yes, No and Possibly in equal amounts, so does anyone know for sure?
    Reckless increases the damage of recoil moves, which in turn increases the recoil damage you take because the more damage the attack does, the more recoil you take since the recoil damage is related to how much damage you do.

For example, Brave Bird does 1/3 the damage inflicts as recoil damage on the user. So:
    Brave Bird by itself: does 100 damage, does 33 in recoil
    Same Brave Bird with Reckless: does 120 damage, does 40 in recoil

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I have a question. I was online and was trading with Howmander some HA 'mons I caught in Friend Safaris. After our trade was done, I gave him a "Nice" and went back to the 'homescreen' of the PSS, but as soon as I did, I received a "Congratulations" message, all with two erm...cone-like instruments (I dunno what they're called) and confetti, I think. Afterwards, I received a "Nice" from Howmander. :/

So what was the 'congratulations' message for? It's not even my birthday yet (I checked my 3ds as well)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I have a question. I was online and was trading with Howmander some HA 'mons I caught in Friend Safaris. After our trade was done, I gave him a "Nice" and went back to the 'homescreen' of the PSS, but as soon as I did, I received a "Congratulations" message, all with two erm...cone-like instruments (I dunno what they're called) and confetti, I think. Afterwards, I received a "Nice" from Howmander. :/

So what was the 'congratulations' message for? It's not even my birthday yet (I checked my 3ds as well)
    I kinda wonder if it's a glitch or something. There's been a couple times where I've gotten a Congrats with the confetti from someone and it wasn't my birthday or anything I can think of.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2014
    Good Grass Type?

So I want a grass type on my pokemon team but I don't really know which one to choose. I have Venusaur but I'm really not a huge fan of him, so I got Bellossom but she's really not good so idk what kind of grass type pokemon I should get... any of you guys have a favorite grass type pokemon?

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • Competitive or in-game?

Sweeper, wall, support- be a little more sepcific, man.

Also, what are the other 'mons on your team? It'll help us help you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I want a grass type on my pokemon team but I don't really know which one to choose. I have Venusaur but I'm really not a huge fan of him, so I got Bellossom but she's really not good so idk what kind of grass type pokemon I should get... any of you guys have a favorite grass type pokemon?

My favourite used to be the Treecko line, but after Leaf Blade stopped being an exclusive move and became a Physical move, (gen 3 all grass type moves were special) it kind of stopped being my favourite cause there was nothing special about it anymore

At the moment, I love Sereperior (although it's moveset is kind of limited if you want a straight attacker, it's better as a strategy pokemon) Chesnaught for a bulky attacker, Gogoat if it has it's Grass Pelt Ability and paired up with somone that knows Grassy Terrain, Jumpluff for an annoying, specially bulky status inflictor, And Breloom and Roserade for all out physical or special attackers respectively

Years
  • Where to create pokemon online?

Ive been on a hunt to complete my dex based off of the posting I've placed in quick trades. But i think I'm at the point where i want to make an attempt to creating legit legendaries but i want to do it online on my computer. Looking for directions that will Help me out. example: Websites that follow the pokegen line. Hook me up guys!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Ive been on a hunt to complete my dex based off of the posting I've placed in quick trades. But i think I'm at the point where i want to make an attempt to creating legit legendaries but i want to do it online on my computer. Looking for directions that will Help me out. example: Websites that follow the pokegen line. Hook me up guys!

As of May 21 of this year, all online pokemon creators ceased to function after Nintendo shut down their DS and Wii internet servers. As of right now there is no way to create hacked pokemon online anymore. HOWEVER having said that, thanks to my breeding efforts and shiny finding, I have a TON of legendary Pokemon I could trade if you have good stuff to offer. I am in need of 15 Safari pokemon caught in the Friend Safari with their hidden abilities, as well as a myriad of hold items, maybe we can work something out. PM me and I can give you an entire list of legendaries I have for trade OR you can tell me what you're looking for and I can see if I have it.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I want to note before I begin that I do not condone most forms of cheating, but rather, only forms that actually serve a useful purpose, such as backing up your save data in case of a problem in the next period of play. I also approve of cloning (heck, I've done it numerous times for myself and others), but not of creating Pokémon. I like to think that the question I have pertains to one of the legitimate reasons for using such a device just as much as an illegitimate way, and hence, ask if anyone has experience with it, not discuss aspects of cheating.

One day recently, I moved my Pokémon X game card to my shiny new 3DSXL with the Smash Bros. design. That system already has 25 or so friends on it just for - you know - inhaling them with Kirby periodically. The reason I changed was to check a broadcaster's friend safari, someone who had added that system but, at the time, had no reason to add my original system.

When I returned the game card to the original system, I found my Friend Safari list completely rearranged. The first 25 friends had shuffled down to the end, and - even though I know what's in each Safari - I am not seeing the data, and, to make things worse, have to see them online again to unlock once again that third slot.

While I do not believe a code has been created to unlock Friend Safari data for any Friend slot (even those you haven't seen online or who aren't in the Hall of Fame), I do know that I have old Power Saves backups from my old laptop that I might be able to load. Therefore, I'm basically catching anything I can in the Safari and sending it to the Bank so I don't run the risk of losing it (this will include three Shinies I recently found).

Here's the technical question. Does anyone know offhand whether I can physically load the old save - which SHOULD have the Friend Safari data obtained previously - and not corrupt my game? Will the old backup even work? If it doesn't, can one skip back to the current save and just continue?

I know it works with trips to the Bank between backup/restore points, but I've never tried after actually running time onto the game. I'm going to try this on my Y game no matter what, not worrying about Friend Safari data there as the game is only in Santalune City, and thus will answer my own question sooner or later, but I'm seeking early advice on whether someone has tried it. Most of what's in Y is already in the Bank, so I will basically lose two hours of gameplay if anything - and that's fine, because I can restart by sending three Starter Eggs (plus other reliable Pokémon from my Hall of Fame teams) in for random catches thanks to my new system and then send them back to the original game for Restaurant training before just breezing through Y on the other system, whereupon I'll use that new system for a Y Friend Safari - but by then, I hope my collection is done and I don't need any Safaris myself. :)

Last edited:

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    Can males really pass down hidden abilities? I'm wanting a certain Pokemon in a Friend Ball, which is an apricorn ball, so I was thinking of transferring a female one in a Friend Ball up to my X game and then breeding it with a male with its hidden ability. Is this how it works?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Can males really pass down hidden abilities? I'm wanting a certain Pokemon in a Friend Ball, which is an apricorn ball, so I was thinking of transferring a female one in a Friend Ball up to my X game and then breeding it with a male with its hidden ability. Is this how it works?

If this is possible, I would be breeding Love Ball HA Zubats everywhere.

Males can only pass down Hidden Abilities if it is bred with a Ditto. If paired with a female Pokemon, the female Pokemon's ability will be prioritized. So no, Apricorn Ball with Hidden Abilities is impossible. :<

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    If this is possible, I would be breeding Love Ball HA Zubats everywhere.

Males can only pass down Hidden Abilities if it is bred with a Ditto. If paired with a female Pokemon, the female Pokemon's ability will be prioritized. So no, Apricorn Ball with Hidden Abilities is impossible. :<

Well that's disappointing but oh well. Thanks for the reply

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back