• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Can you just stop jumping the gun please. It's very possible that the movie takes place before goomy comes into play such as diancies did. The spritzee could be explained, although mawile would make more sense for her. As for slyveon, if anything, maybe ash gets and eevee finally but that's unlikely as is serena having one.

You mean that Serena is getting an Eevee for sure?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Can you just stop jumping the gun please. It's very possible that the movie takes place before goomy comes into play such as diancies did. The spritzee could be explained, although mawile would make more sense for her. As for slyveon, if anything, maybe ash gets and eevee finally but that's unlikely as is serena having one.

It takes place after he gets Goomy and evolves it. Because Serena has her new look. Clemont has Luxray and Serena has Delphox. And those happen after Ash gets Goomy.

Episode 55 - Ash Catches Goomy
Episode 60 - Serena changes her style.
Episode 61 - Goomy Evolves
Episode 62 - Luxio evolves
Episode 64 - Predicted Fennekin will evolve
Episode 65 Predictred Sliggo will evolve.

The trailer confirmed that Serena has changed her style. And at the end, it confirms Luxray and Delphox are both there. So Goomy has most definitely already been caught at least, just based on Serena Style change.

The movie probably takes place during episodes 69 - 73. Possibly later.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
You mean that Serena is getting an Eevee for sure?
No, just possible and if she doesn't ithink it become flareon or leafeon to counter may's glaceon.
It takes place after he gets Goomy and evolves it. Because Serena has her new look. Clemont has Luxray and Serena has Delphox. And those happen after Ash gets Goomy.

Episode 55 - Ash Catches Goomy
Episode 60 - Serena changes her style.
Episode 61 - Goomy Evolves
Episode 62 - Luxio evolves
Episode 64 - Predicted Fennekin will evolve
Episode 65 Predictred Sliggo will evolve.

The trailer confirmed that Serena has changed her style. And at the end, it confirms Luxray and Delphox are both there. So Goomy has most definitely already been caught at least, just based on Serena Style change.

The movie probably takes place during episodes 69 - 73. Possibly later.

Ok, true but we could still end up with goodra staying. I don't think they will release goodra as there is no reason to and no good way to implement it, especially since the cake implies it stays, and if anything he sends it to lab or to train somewhere.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
That is possible. Kalos, so far, has been like a combination of Sinnoh and Hoenn. They share many similarities.

It is very very possible that Goodra could just be going into training, similar to Gliscor. If I am not mistaken, Gliscor was also afraid to battle or something similar. Goodra will be the first fully evolved Dragon pokemon Ash has, so it does make sense for him to let someone train it a bit better.

This would give Ash the ability to catch two more pokemon, explaining why Ash caught Hawlucha.

This would allow Ash to catch an Ice type in the snowy region and then allow him to catch a Phantump in the Haunted Forest before the League or before the 7th gym. Similar to how he did with Gible. And I can believe this a bit more than releasing Goodra. However, we do not know what the writers are thinking in this.

Another thing I have seen is this: Johto and Sinnoh, both even number gens. Has a pokemon leave Ash's team to train, but comes back later on. Charizard and Gliscor. So there is still hope that Goodra will stay with Ash, but just leaves to train.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
That is possible. Kalos, so far, has been like a combination of Sinnoh and Hoenn. They share many similarities.

It is very very possible that Goodra could just be going into training, similar to Gliscor. If I am not mistaken, Gliscor was also afraid to battle or something similar. Goodra will be the first fully evolved Dragon pokemon Ash has, so it does make sense for him to let someone train it a bit better.

This would give Ash the ability to catch two more pokemon, explaining why Ash caught Hawlucha.

This would allow Ash to catch an Ice type in the snowy region and then allow him to catch a Phantump in the Haunted Forest before the League or before the 7th gym. Similar to how he did with Gible. And I can believe this a bit more than releasing Goodra. However, we do not know what the writers are thinking in this.

Another thing I have seen is this: Johto and Sinnoh, both even number gens. Has a pokemon leave Ash's team to train, but comes back later on. Charizard and Gliscor. So there is still hope that Goodra will stay with Ash, but just leaves to train.
Tis is exactly what I believe will happen, or similar to charzard he thinks its to powerful so let's it chill and train elsewhere. Ash getting a phantump or something like bergmite would be cool. Although i would prefet he gets something from another region again.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I also would prefer him to get something from another region. But every time he catches an older pokemon, it evolves into a newer pokemon of the generation, Aipom and Gligar. Although Aipom was traded and then after it evolved, got kicked from the anime. So the only pokemon that would match that is Eevee, which we all can agree is very unlikely, but still possible. But then again, the pokemon creators consider Mega Evolutions new pokemon, so really any pokemon with a Mega could fall under that.

I would much prefer him to get a Snover and a Honedge. However, I wouldn't mind him catching a Bergmite. With so many old pokemon being in Kalos, it world be better for him to catch at least one older pokemon. I think they wanted him to catch Snover during Sinnoh, but decided against it.

If my prediction is correct, and I have been very accurate but not 100%, his next pokemon would be about 20 to 30 episodes after Goomy, putting it at the sixth gym or a bit past it. Depending on if they have any more mini arcs, this should be at the Frost Cavern/Route 17 at the current rate they are going. That is where Bergmite/Snover can be caught in Kalos.

However, I could be wrong, as I have a feeling we might start hitting many fillers in Lumious City and after the 5th/6th gym.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
Um...my comment was deleted?
Oh well sorry then, I'll leave. Stay here with Mr.Complaining then. Enjoy him.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
The best Prediction would be Ash leaving Goodra to Prof Sycamore because he wanted to research about Goodra's potential to Megevolve and Ash bring it back after Clemont gets redesigned.
However , There really low chance of this because of the Stupid trailer with Wooper and Jessie's Stupid Gourgeist.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Gourgeist could accidentally be traded. Possibly to the green haired boy in the opening. I think went by the name of Shōta who is the boy that is following Ash's foot steps in the opening.

I don't see how the trailer proves anything about Goodra fate other than he isn't with Ash. I don't see how the best prediction is also Ash leaving Goodra with Sycamore. It could still go into training and many other things just like Gliscor. Yours is a prediction no doubt, but it isn't the only possible one.

And if Wooper is indeed suppose to be Goodra's friend and decides to go with someone one, why would it leave with the gang if Goodra stays behind?

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
No she doesn't and its not even implied that she'll have one any time soon.

Sorry dude, but she just evolved it a few episodes ago. I don't know if you are watching the Sub or Dub, but the Sub, she has Delphox. She also has it in the current Jap. opening.

That is my bad. I sometimes get Delphox and Braxien confused still.

In the English dub, here Fennekin will evolve in 9 episodes from March 21st's episode.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Sorry dude, but she just evolved it a few episodes ago. I don't know if you are watching the Sub or Dub, but the Sub, she has Delphox. She also has it in the current Jap. opening.

In the English dub, here Fennekin will evolve in 9 episodes from March 21st's episode.
He isn't wrong. That's braixen she has. He may have been confused by your statement. And I actually thought maybe after the gym battle it chills at sycamore's with wooper and garchomp maybe. It could help out there when not with ash.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
He isn't wrong. That's braixen she has. He may have been confused by your statement. And I actually thought maybe after the gym battle it chills at sycamore's with wooper and garchomp maybe. It could help out there when not with ash.

Sorry that is my bad. When I first did that statement, I meant Braxien. I sometimes get them to confused. That is defiantly my bad. I'll go back now and change that if I can find that post.

As for the Goodra thing, it is a good theory now that I think about it. Garchomp could become friends with Goodra and train. As they are both dragon types.

No she doesn't and its not even implied that she'll have one any time soon.

As stated, you are right. When I said Delphox, I meant Braxien. I sometimes still get those two confused with one another. If you could tell me what page that post is on, I can change it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
The more I think about it, the more I believe goodra's at the lab. After the gym fight, sycamore invites them to see his new pokemon and to spend the night. Goodra befriends grachomp, and they leave him to train there. Next day, the mega garchomp episode happens, goodra saves the day and stay back at the lab to train more. Then sycamore remembers he forgot to show off the new pokemon that a starting trainer will get, Cue the green clothed kid, he shows up to choose a hoenn starter. After meeting ash and them, he takes a liking ti ash after ash saves him. Maybe witb sceptile? Unlikely though. But the kid then chooses treecko and begin's to follow in Ash's footsteps. Ash fets to thinking about sceptile and since goodra is staying at the labe, he calls back sceptile to train with. Sycamore thanks Ash for the help and gives him sceptilenite, saying someday he will be able to use it, Meanwhile bonnies has befriended a wooper which then follows her and sycamore says she can take it with her. It be a lot for two episodes but isn't out of the possibility.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
Meanwhile bonnies has befriended a wooper which then follows her and sycamore says she can take it with her. It be a lot for two episodes but isn't out of the possibility.

The Wooper that we've seen in previews lives at Goodra's marsh though so Bonnie wouldn't meet it until then.

Back