• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
No! We can't jinx it!

Goodra going to be release because it Ash's Pokemon ! If Serena or Clemont caught Goodra then it would leave the Team .
Just like Iris & her stinking Free Dragonite ! Everybody was against it But Iris still get to keep it despite Dragonite being the OP Non-Legendary Dragon Pokemon.
While Ash isn't allow to keep the Weakest Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon !
It make me So MAD .

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Goodra going to be release because it Ash's Pokemon ! If Serena or Clemont caught Goodra then it would leave the Team .
Just like Iris & her stinking Free Dragonite ! Everybody was against it But Iris still get to keep it despite Dragonite being the OP Non-Legendary Dragon Pokemon.
While Ash isn't allow to keep the Weakest Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon !
It make me So MAD .
Again don't jump the gun just yet,And the side characters don't release pkmn because they never are seen again really so it is just about as bad as actually releasing them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ash has actually yet to permanently release a Pokemon since the Orange Islands (Ambipom is an exception because he traded it to Dawn so it was Dawn's Pokemon when it was 'released'). That said I would like to wager that it might be more like Gliscor in which he leaves it for a bit but it comes back at a later time, perhaps for the league.

However, I can see him releasing it if they end up back at the place Goodra is from to begin with. Perhaps one of those releases in which Ash does it so the Pokemon can protect the area (Pidgeot, for example). It would be a nice ending to Goodra's little arc that it has. Like a cherry on top of the cake. Personally I don't want to see Goodra to go because it's one of my favorite Pokemon, but with it having evolved so fast who knows. If he does permanently release it then he'll not only have just one slot but two slots open for Pokemon. Not sure how I feel about that considering how little Kalos Pokemon there are. Unless they truly do plan on bringing back an old gen Pokemon for him for hell, even one of his old Pokemon (like Snorlax who was speculated earlier. But out of all of his Pokemon why Snorlax would be my question.)

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I'd been holding out hope that Numelgon wasn't going to leave, and obviously nothing's confirmed yet, but after seeing it destroy Tierno's Kameil and Raichu yesterday I don't think there's any way the writers are going to let Satoshi keep it for long. At best, it'll just return for the League. I would sure as hell love to wrong, though.

As someone who was excited that for once Satoshi got to have a strong Pokémon before the post-League episodes (and since it's getting less and less likely he'll get a Mega Evolution...), the idea that he might release it is really disappointing. And I don't agree with Famon a lot, but this is the kind of thing I feel the writers would only do with Satoshi. Hikari got to keep Mammoo, Iris kept Kairyu, Citron will keep Rentorar, but Satoshi will likely lose Numelgon?

On top of that, Numelgon is a fun Pokémon with actual development so it'd be highly disappointing to see it go.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
It feel like All other Pokemon Protagonist (Red , Alain , Harata , PokeSpe MC) are more fortunate then Ash.
Because they doesn't have any Taboo at all !
Red , Harata & PokeSpe MC even caught Legendary Pokemon and won League while Alain is unbeatable to the point the only E4 , Champion & Evil Team Boss can beat him.
Yet Ash isn't even allowed to keep the weakest Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon for 5 episode !
If Ash not allow to keep the weakest Pseudo-legendary Pokemon then he obviously isn't allow to have Megevolution. Which mean he not winning the league ether.
In other word , The writer basically killing their own Show over some stupid OBSESSION to keep Ash weak.
People drag about wanting Underdog protagonist But in reality everyone likes OP Protagonist ! Thats the truth of Human nature.
Almost all Popular anime character are OP Protagonist , Even in Pokemon ! People loves the OP Red over Ash.
The very same Silent Red that caught all Pokemon in the world , took down an evil Team all by himself and became champion.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I don't think Goodra will leave, seeing as Ash will have a battle with Valerie in the near future and I imagine them showcasing Goodra's Fairy weakness. There was some stuff with a potential Noibat, but that would mean Ash would have three flying-type Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
mmm yeah. While I would love to see Ash get a Noibat I don't think he needs three flying Pokemon. That said I kinda hope that if someone from the main group gets a Noibat it's Clemont.

Also Ash without a psuedo-legendary doesn't automatically says he's weak what?? His other Pokemon are also strong Pokemon this season so even if Goodra leaves he has a fairy strong team. And, hopefully, Goodra's exit will be what I said before as it's something Ash would do considering he nearly always places his Pokemon's feelings before his own. If Goodra wants to stay behind and help his friends back where he's from then Ash will allow him to do so.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
And so, the titles have been released. It saddens mean to think this is Goodra's fate.

Although it could still mean Goodra leaves to train it seems unlikely. Here are the titles.

Episode 872: A Fight in the Wetlands! Goodra VS Florges!!
Episode 873: Conclusion! Goodra, Go Over the Rainbow!!

This obviously confirms that Goodra is at least leaving the team. With it being the episode after, this might only mean he is going into training.

Years
If Ash really doesn't keep Goodra I think it'll be a real shame. He's went through crap for 6 whole regions so the very least they could have done is let him keep one pseudo-legendary.

Plus it'd kind of be a slap in the face that Ash ends up releasing a Goodra he raised from a Goomy when Iris got to keep a ridiculously strong Dragonite that she was basically handed. I mean I know that Iris is trying to be a Dragon Master and all but considering Ash wants to win the Pokemon League and be a Pokemon Master, he'd need skilled and strong Pokemon so if anything he's just as if not more entitled to keep his Goodra than Iris is with her Dragonite. No offense to Iris of course but just the thought of Ash getting a Goodra only to go on and release it 5 episodes later annoys me to no end.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
It's probably a bait-and-switch strategy. They did this multiple times in the past (Oshawott, Inkay, the date episode). If Goodra indeed leaves Ash's team, I can see it being called for the league.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
It's probably a bait-and-switch strategy. They did this multiple times in the past (Oshawott, Inkay, the date episode). If Goodra indeed leaves Ash's team, I can see it being called for the league.

I could sew something like this:
Ash: Goodra, it's best if you atay here, protect the wasteland.
Goodra: Starts shaking it's head no.
However since wooper is here, we know someone lives in the wasteland. Since thw trailer showcases a sceneof them sleeping somewhere in which goodra and wooper are sleeping with them. So maybe the person living there offers to watch over goordra and send it ro Ash when he needs it.

BumpsnStumps

A Lonely Stump
Years
Sorry if I'm just barging in here with no approval, but Goodra probably won't leave. I don't believe Ash would release it, most likely, it is going to be put in the hands of a more professional trainer that can handle dragon types. Keep in mind this is his first fully evolved dragon Pokemon, it would make sense to have him be taken care of by someone with far more knowledge of dragon types.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
Ash is gonna need goodra for a pokemon league that's deff gonna include megas I doubt goodra a being released he's probably gonna stay and train like Charizard and gliscor

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I can see Goodra coming back for the league. I'd also like for Ash's reserves to be used as well.

I'm wondering if Serena will be catching her next Pokemon soon. I can totally see her catching a Noibat. I think it fits her well.

Yeh she has to catch one soon, it's been a while :)

Even tho now that I think of it maybe she wont be having one soon since her Fenekin evolved recently.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
Ash is gonna need goodra for a pokemon league that's deff gonna include megas I doubt goodra a being released he's probably gonna stay and train like Charizard and gliscor

Why can't he just use a mega pokemon himself at the league though? Not that I think he'll win either way but still.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Why can't he just use a mega pokemon himself at the league though? Not that I think he'll win either way but still.
He could but there is anything wrong with more power. With megas the league should be interesting

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I have a feeling that it's really only going to be the last person Ash faces that is going to have a mega re: the league. That said, it's not as if he needs a Pokemon like Goodra in order to counter that. I mean, what if that mega ends up being a fairy then Goodra isn't much of a good choice in the end.

Goodra might be leaving but it's not the end of the world for Ash's team. I wish people would understand this already.

Years

I'm starting to believe the writers are intentionally trying not to give Ash a Mega just for the sake of giving him constant "underdog" status. It is a mystery, but what's also curious is that with Goodra likely to leave his team in coming episodes, that he'll still be without a full team and there's not many Kalos Pokemon he'll have a chance to get due to most lines already being owned by important characters and the writers most of the time try to not give him a Pokemon that someone else has as their main.

I really hope he gets his Grass-type eventually because it'll be weird if XY becomes the first regional saga where he doesn't get a Grass-type from the featured region.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
mmm yeah. While I would love to see Ash get a Noibat I don't think he needs three flying Pokemon. That said I kinda hope that if someone from the main group gets a Noibat it's Clemont.

Also Ash without a psuedo-legendary doesn't automatically says he's weak what?? His other Pokemon are also strong Pokemon this season so even if Goodra leaves he has a fairy strong team. And, hopefully, Goodra's exit will be what I said before as it's something Ash would do considering he nearly always places his Pokemon's feelings before his own. If Goodra wants to stay behind and help his friends back where he's from then Ash will allow him to do so.

Its has nothing to do with Ash being a loser !
Its about Ash always letting go his Good Pokemon while his sidekicks get Near-legendary Pokemon that they keep with them forever ! Even during their new journey.
By the way , Ash has ''Loser'' title branded in his head since BW Series ! Acting a little smart and Jumping of a building won't change that.
All other Shouene Kids Protagonist won their main Tournament and reach world-class level While Ash is still trying to reach regional Level.
He probably the most weakest , pathetic and failed Kids Anime Protagonist.

And I don't give a dam care about some stupid , weak and Pathetic Woopers that Too Coward to fight for themselves and prefer hide behind a Goodra to let it do all the fighting for them.
Every Pokemon/Animal get attack in Jungle , However they learn fight for themselves and adept. That the rule of Jungle.
If ash start leaving his Pokemon to protect every little wild Pokemon then he will not have any Pokemon left.
The reason Goomy became Goodra because it found the courage to fight for itself and his friend from Ash & Co ! So Now it just show how ungrateful Godra is for leaving Ash & co like that.

Last edited:
Back