• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yet Another College Thread

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
  • Question for y'all college students!

How do you guys fare with procrastination? I have a presentation due Monday night online that's not even anywhere complete, and I won't have anytime to work on it tomorrow. >_> Oops.

Press p to pay respects.

I try to set goals for myself each day in terms of the coursework I have to do, like revise x topic for database exam, do this many slides for a presentation etc.

I've been doing that for this last semester and it makes me feel slightly anxious when I don't do some sort of work doing the day.

Years
  • So, the presentation was not as bad as I had thought it out to be. In fact, my professor enjoyed the presentation thoroughly and I was able to answer through her questions as asked. :D

Anyways, today concluded my community college career! I look forward to seeing my final grade soon and eventually in the coming weeks have my AS degree.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • Yeah, that's how my presentations usually go, too. I only dedicate the script and/or powerpoint slides to being basic guides that both myself and the audience can use for reference. They're not kids and don't need the presentation read at them word for word. It'd bore them to death, and I certainly won't have any fun either!

Instead, I like improvising and flying off the cuff if I've got fresh ideas to share with the audience. It also keeps them in tune with the stuff I'm saying, since they're looking at facts, figures, and important stuff rather than the driest regions of their skulls. If I can't deviate from my written work to actually look at my audience and speak genuinely rather than reciting a dry script verbatim, I'll lose my spark -- along with the audience's attention.

Sort of like acting, I guess.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Recently graduated from the University of the Philippines last June lol. Took up Mechanical Engineering.

Cosmic Fury

Years
  • Congratulations! Are you looking for employment, or are you looking to be admitted into a Master's program to increase your future prospects?

Years
  • I really feel that if I want to go past a bachelor's degree, I'd want to further my studies in an area unrelated to what my bachelor's is in. At the same time, theses scare me. ._.

Cosmic Fury

Years
  • Indeed. They're a right pain in the neck. But, I personally like variety on master's level coursework. Since a Bachelor's Degree is more or less fundamental in terms of academia anyway, I simply went with the basics in order to get myself a strong, well-rounded education.

This way, I'll have a choice if it boils down to getting two Master's Degrees instead of gunning for a doctorate.

jombii

Years
  • Congratulations! Are you looking for employment, or are you looking to be admitted into a Master's program to increase your future prospects?

Currently employed actually at a manufacturing plant! But I'm planning to take up two masters degree lol.

jombii

Years
  • Good luck guys!

Anyone knows a good aeronautics engineering college? lol

Back