• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen You do know about Kyogre/Groudon, right?

Do you think these locations are true for the following

• Rayquaza in Dragon Den

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Kyogre in seafom islands

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Groudon in Dark Cave

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    DSi = no GBA support.

It would hurt DSi sales if there was no other way to get them.

JawKam

The Dragonite Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2018
    It doesn't matter to me since I'll be getting both :D

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    actually the only reason im getting soulsilver is for groudon i think cuz i already caught a kyogre in my pokemon sapphire and also rayquaza
    what should i do with an extra rayquaza

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
    This doesn't matter to me, cause I'll be getting both games. I guess they just wanted to make it interesting, switching Groudon and Kyogre up like that. XD

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    So we all know that Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza are in HG/SS. I just want to know why they put Kyogre in Heart Gold and Groudon in Soul Silver, since Kyogre is in sapphire, the 'secondary' game in Generation III (You say "Ruby and Sapphire", not "Sapphire and Ruby"), and now it's in Heart Gold, the 'primary' game of the Gen. IV remakes, and vice-versa for Groudon being in Soul Silver.

I'll accept that when you find me a video or screen by Nintendo clearly stating that you must say it in that order.

What's this primary game stuff going on? There is no primary game they always come out in twos at the same time, so technically they're both the primary games.

Like the primary colours, is there a correct order for them, do you have to say yellow, red and blue in a certain order.

Besides if you played Ruby and Sapphire you would know that the patterns on Kyogre glow red and glow blue for Groudon.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    It is apart of the story in R/S/E. Besides, I don't see what's wrong with it. :\ At least your not anti of having Hoenn legends in HG/SS...

Years
    In the screenshots below, you can see that Kyogre is placed on a platform with glowing red patterns (they also look slightly gold, probably to match "Heart Gold"), and Groudon is standing on a platform with blue patterns (same as before, they look a little silver to match "Soul Silver"). Why is this? It seems like Groudon/Kyogre should be standing on their respective colors, reddish gold for Groudon and blueish silver for Kyogre, since Rayquaza is standing on a green pattern. This would mean Groudon in Heart Gold and Kyogre in Soul Silver.

Thats because its simply the pattern on the pokemon's arms;
    Kyogre's "arms" has the red pattern which glows red, hence why it now appears on the floor where you find it, like Groudon's arms have the pattern which glows blue which is on the ground below it.
    Rayquaza's is similar, its taken the yellow rings from its body and made it the floor pattern, simple.

Divine~Deoxys

This is really confusing, probably not the right place but:

Do you get both Ho-oh and Lugia no matter which game you buy?
    And which one is Kyogre meanta come in?? (coz come on, that's the coolest)

I personally think it's a brilliant feature, as if you get into the games late, no getting emerald etc. you can still get those 3

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    This is really confusing, probably not the right place but:

Do you get both Ho-oh and Lugia no matter which game you buy?
    And which one is Kyogre meanta come in?? (coz come on, that's the coolest)

I personally think it's a brilliant feature, as if you get into the games late, no getting emerald etc. you can still get those 3
    Blah, yes, you get both birds in both games. Though in SS, you'll get Lugia way before you get Ho-oh, and in HG, you'll get Ho-oh way before you get Lugia.

You'll get Kyogre in HG, and Groudon in SS. Rayquaza will be in both, but you'll catch it only if you have both Groudon and Kyogre in your game.
    And it's not exactly meant for people who don't own Emerald...they make HGSS mainly to complete a Pokedex only by DS games only, and games of other platforms that can communicate DSi, that takes GBA out of the picture cause DSi lost the 2nd (gba) slot.
    So theoretically, if you have the games DPPt, Ranger, Ranch, HGSS, you should be able to complete your Pokedex, excluding Pokemons who always remained event ones, like Mew, Celebi, Arceus...

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    They put them in to make the Hohen Trio avaliable on Gen IV games so you wont have to migrate to get pokemon because of the Dsi lack of GBA Slot

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    What if you wanted Kyogre and Lugia...

My brother was asking me the same question the other day. Nintendo like to mix things up like this. Take FR/LG with the three legendary dogs. They could've done it color co-ordinated (besides Raikou so this is a bit of a bad example) but they did it by weaknesses. Take R/S (better example) with Latias and Latios. If everyone was all 'they should've done it the same colour' then they would've put it so Latios was catchable on Sapphire when you beat the Elite Four and Latias on Ruby. BUT NO. They did it the other way round. Why? Because they like variety.

LegendMaster97

Commander of SuperRares!!!!
    Years
    this is gonna be so cool! i wil have 2 groudons, 2 rayquazas, 2 lugias, and 2 ho-ohs! Yay! wow im going overkill with legendaries but hey it's what i do.

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    Personally I don't give much for legendaries cos they're all Uber. The ones that are OU I care about. SOULSILVER FTW!!!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I dont think they should even be in the games, but it doesn't matter the order of how you say the games, or what legendary from a different generation is in whatever version (like Groundon and Kyogre)

:t354:TG

Luap25

yeah.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    Thanks for all of your replies, I see that there are many reasons why Kyogre/Groudon are in the games they're in. A couple of you are misunderstanding my question, though. I do realize that the Gen. III legends are in HG/SS because of a lack of GBA port on the DSi. I was asking why each one was in the games they're in (Kyogre in HG, Groudon in SS). Also, don't think I am against this feature or angered by it, because I love it!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    It's such a minor thing, really. I don't even know what to say...just to spice it up? Maybe they assumed those who were Ruby goers would chase HeartGold and vice verse with Sapphire/SoulSilver.

I'm seeing it the same way. And I do think they're in the versions that they're in because of those orb things. It's really the only thing that makes sense to me.

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    Kyogre Groudon and Rayquaza

where do you think Kyogre Groudon and Rayquaza caves are

Vote for the locations you think its true

Post you comment

Last edited:
    Back