• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • What was the first anime you ever...
    • watched? : That was probably "The moomins". It's a very cute show.
    • watched knowing it was "anime"? : Pokémon! :D
    • watched subbed? : Pokémon~!

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    First anime: I'm going to say Akage no Anne (Anne of Green Gables). This show got a bunch of reruns on Vietnamese channels back then, so I don't think it'd be much of a stretch.

There's an anime of that? Really? >.<

Years
  • The Last Unicorn is not an anime, btw. :>

The first anime I watched was Sailor Moon AND DBZ. I started watching them both at the same time, and even though I couldn't admit that I was into DBZ I was as much into it as I was Sailor Moon.

While I didn't start out watching them thinking "this was japanese animation!", my sister was at the age she was exploring the internet so she told to me and explained what they were. So the same.

The first anime I watched subbed? Well, as in an entire series I watched subbed, that would have to be Sorcerer Stabber Orphan, but the first thing I watched which had subs was FET's subs of Digimon Tamers half-way through the series but I was still watching the dub.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • The first Anime I watched not knowing it was Sailor Moon and I was obssesed by it, then afterwards became obsessed with Cardcaptors (Cardcaptor Sakura) and Pokemon without knowing it. The first one I watched knowing it was an Anime was Shuffle! after I was told what anime was by a member on PokeCommunity and it was my first subbed watch too as I couldn't find the English dubbed version at the time. My first manga was Naruto which I've only just started recently after receiving the first book from my friend for my birthday/christmas present this year.

Everyone Esplode Noaw

Resident Russia Fanboy
    Years
    • watched? - Dragonball Z
    • watched knowing it was "anime"?- Fullmetal Alchemist
    • watched subbed? - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    • watched? - dejitaru monsutaazu! Er, Digimon.
    • watched knowing it was "anime"? Ummm. Good question, that. Digimon Tamers, I suppose.
    • watched subbed? Erm. Also a good question. Digimon Tamers as well... same time I learned about the term "anime". *shrug*

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • ~ Watched?
    Not really sure on a "first". It was likely Dragonball Z, but then again it could have been Gundam Wing, Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star, Ronin Warriors, or Samurai Pizza Cats... or maybe something else that I can't think of right now. I remember watching all of them, but to be sure on which one came first... not a clue.

~ Watched knowing it was "anime"?
    Fullmetal Alchemist

~ Watched subbed?
    Kiba is the "first" anime I watched subbed. But I only watched maybe 2 episodes. Now first series would be Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru. I didn't watch too many series dubbed before starting on subs... maybe 5 (not counting stuff I watched back long ago... like what I listed in the first question).

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
  • First anime I ever watched: I think it was Dragon Ball Z (is there a space in there?) but my sister was always the one to make me watch new anime...

Watched knowing it was "anime:" I only figured out that it was anime a while into my Naruto fandom, so I'll have to say Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Watched subbed? It's hard for me to remember this one, since at about this time last year I started watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood subbed. But I can't remember whether I watched subbed Naruto before that... I think I did, so the answer is Naruto.

First manga: At first I was reluctant to start reading Naruto as a manga, but I can't remember why. But when I did start reading it, I liked it a lot. So technically that's it. I also started reading Fullmetal Alchemist at about the same time that I got interested in the Naruto manga, but I'm saying that my first manga was Naruto because the first page of the first chapter of Fullmetal Alchemist scared me away twice. XD

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • Here we go...

First Anime Ever: I believe that it was either Dragon Ball Z. My cousins used to watch it. Obsessively. ... Now I have fond memories of it. (Gohan ;D ) :3

First Anime Knowing It Was "Anime": Death Note. It was amazing. Now it's hard for me to find anime that moves me like that one did. Still love Death Note to death.

First Anime Subbed: The first anime that I completed subbed was Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I loved it. Otherwise, I think maybe it was Elfen Lied... Currently, I'm working on Hetalia.

... Er, First Manga: It was either Fullmetal Alchemist or Dragon Ball. I have tons of volumes of the both that were the first editions in America, thus they're all worn and faded, and OLD. ;_; And bent, too. :(

My cousins gave them all to me... Er... Actually... I think I was only suppose to 'borrow' them but they never asked for them back so... ^^;

Iris Noire

Vampire Girl
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    First Ever: Probably Pokemon,

First I watched knowing it was anime: An obscure anime named Karin. My friend said it was "the worst thing ever" and bet me 5 bucks to watch it.

He was right.

Years
    • watched: So long ago probably Pokemon, DBZ, Card Captors Sakura, Digimon or Sailor Moon
    • First I watched knowing it was anime: I didn't really know til about 9 or 10 cause i didn't really care but i guess that would have been Pokemon or Digimon
    • First Anime Subbed: Couldn't really watch subs until recently but i guess it would have to be Digimon Xros Wars or Bleach

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    First Ever: Probably Pokemon,

First I watched knowing it was anime: An obscure anime named Karin. My friend said it was "the worst thing ever" and bet me 5 bucks to watch it.

He was right.

I warned you. Karin is the worst.

Years
  • First Anime Watched: Most likely Pokémon, can't think of anything earlier.
    Known Anime Watched: Bleach I'd bet, never really knew the definition of Anime till the last few years.
    First Subbed: Bleach, when I got tired of the dub taking so long. Or I watched the Rebuild of Evangelion, so technically that when I saw it in the Cinema.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • The first anime I ever got into was Gundam Wing when it aired on Toonami. Around the same time I got into all of the other Americanized anime: Digimon, Pokemon, DBZ and so on. But Gundam Wing was the first and still the most special.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    a. My first ever anime was Sailor Moon.
    b. My first anime I recognized as anime was Pokemon.
    c. My first subbed anime was Ouran High School Host Club.

:3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back