• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
  • Victini is Psychic/Fire-type and Darmanitan is Fire/Psychic-type when it is in Zen Mode. Delphox is the only Fire/Psychic-type that is non-legendary and doesn't require a form to achieve it.

Volcarona is one that grew on me a lot lately, it's pretty cool and very powerful.

Yes its currently on my main competitive team its quote great with quiver dance and fire blast.
    What are ur thoughts on Chandelure currently using it on my ghost team?
    Anyone have a sunny day team? I currently do and it works pretty great your thoughts?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sunny-day teams work pretty wonderfully, as you have your members relying on each other for power-boost and protection. This, I believe, is what makes a team good--crew members depending on themselves for assistance and whatnot. In real life, when working with groups, you usually get help from everyone to make the project successful, and that seems to apply here.

I used to have a sunny-day team, which included Ninetales, Talonflame, Volcarona, Venusaur, Garchomp, and Liligant. Ninetales would set sunlight up with its Drought ability as soon as it gets out to field, then switch to Volcarona. When it's there, it uses Quiver Dance once to boost stats, and takes opponent down with Flamethrower, which gains additional power thanks to sun. Whenever its health is down, it's always able to recover itself with Morning Sun; thanks to sunlight being there, move restores a lot more health than normal.

As for rest, those are there for when Volcarona winds up getting taken down; once it does happen, they all work together to fully knock opponent out.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'm honestly not much of a competitive battler so I can't look at it from a logical sort of view but I personally think the concept's pretty neat. Considering that some pokemon have Drought, setting the sun up wouldn't be too hard and from there, the team can work together to annihilate the opponent's. So basically they work together as a group, just like Ashley put it. :D

Even if the team has drawbacks, it has the benefit of powered up fire moves to roast the enemy while also having the ability to spam Solar Beam freely. Added on top of the huge increase in speed of Chlorophyll pokemon as they sweep, it's honestly awesome just watching the strategy and combos unfold. However, I've never used one myself as I tend to lean towards Gravity teams and all other combos when I actually do bother to battle. :( It's definitely something that I'd try in the future though!

Chandelure's great. While I honestly haven't used one myself, it's pretty boring hearing people argue that it's an inanimate object and therefore sucks. ;__; It's a pokemon with a great design and an even better typing after all. In a competitive environment, it can still perform well though I'd need someone else to clarify on that. Also from my friend's experience, they've had a lot of fun using one on their in-game team so I assume it's also a great pokemon for playing through the main storyline line with. Just my two cents on Chandelure though. ^^

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • this club should really be called the Pyrotechnics not the Pyromancers

Dedenne1

Years
  • I'm honestly not much of a competitive battler so I can't look at it from a logical sort of view but I personally think the concept's pretty neat. Considering that some pokemon have Drought, setting the sun up wouldn't be too hard and from there, the team can work together to annihilate the opponent's. So basically they work together as a group, just like Ashley put it. :D

Even if the team has drawbacks, it has the benefit of powered up fire moves to roast the enemy while also having the ability to spam Solar Beam freely. Added on top of the huge increase in speed of Chlorophyll pokemon as they sweep, it's honestly awesome just watching the strategy and combos unfold. However, I've never used one myself as I tend to lean towards Gravity teams and all other combos when I actually do bother to battle. :( It's definitely something that I'd try in the future though!

Chandelure's great. While I honestly haven't used one myself, it's pretty boring hearing people argue that it's an inanimate object and therefore sucks. ;__; It's a pokemon with a great design and an even better typing after all. In a competitive environment, it can still perform well though I'd need someone else to clarify on that. Also from my friend's experience, they've had a lot of fun using one on their in-game team so I assume it's also a great pokemon for playing through the main storyline line with. Just my two cents on Chandelure though. ^^

I just recently got into competitive battling since i started thinking why am i always losing lol. I agree solar beam is a nice advantage. Chandelure is great in my opinion its on my ghost team but does best as a fire type. Although it is easily KOd wen it attacks it KOs mostly everyone.

Sunny-day teams work pretty wonderfully, as you have your members relying on each other for power-boost and protection. This, I believe, is what makes a team good--crew members depending on themselves for assistance and whatnot. In real life, when working with groups, you usually get help from everyone to make the project successful, and that seems to apply here.

I used to have a sunny-day team, which included Ninetales, Talonflame, Volcarona, Venusaur, Garchomp, and Liligant. Ninetales would set sunlight up with its Drought ability as soon as it gets out to field, then switch to Volcarona. When it's there, it uses Quiver Dance once to boost stats, and takes opponent down with Flamethrower, which gains additional power thanks to sun. Whenever its health is down, it's always able to recover itself with Morning Sun; thanks to sunlight being there, move restores a lot more health than normal.

As for rest, those are there for when Volcarona winds up getting taken down; once it does happen, they all work together to fully knock opponent out.
    Thats a nice sunny day team. I use Volcarona with everything since its pretty awesome. Morning sun i dont use i use synthsis which does the same thing.

Well here's my sunny day team.
    Spoiler:

Btw i got various comments about the lum berry on Volcarona it works i tell ya its amazing how many people tried to poison/paralyze/sleep/freeze her lum berry always did the trick for wen i was using quiver dance then. BAM! Fire Blast!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, Volcarona makes a great player on almost any sunny-day team. If I go with one without it, things generally tend to feel incomplete.

As for your team, it seems to be pretty solid! One thing I would consider if to perhaps replace one of those mega-evolutions you have; since you're able to use only one per battle, I believe it might be best to have as low amount of them on your crew as possible, and use slots for something you'd find to be more utilizable or assisting.

If I were in your shoes, I would likely take Houndoom out, and perhaps hand its spot over to some Pokémon such as Togekiss. Although it doesn't benefit from sun at all, thanks to its battling capabilities and whatnot, it'd still be of good help, I'm sure. Good luck!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I've never used a Sunny Day team, but then again, I don't play competitively, so I wouldn't have much use for one. If somebody puts the sun out on you, does it rain your parade (pun intended) pretty badly?

Also, I didn't know you were only allowed one Mega on a competitive team. That's interesting.

Dedenne1

Years
  • I've never used a Sunny Day team, but then again, I don't play competitively, so I wouldn't have much use for one. If somebody puts the sun out on you, does it rain your parade (pun intended) pretty badly?

Also, I didn't know you were only allowed one Mega on a competitive team. That's interesting.

Hahahahah funny pun lol. Anyway it depends i have those Megas for a reason each is a backup i use one per battle its a single battle team so 3 go in 2 normal and 1 mega so it kinda works and thnx for the comments although the team still needs work ;)

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Yeah, Volcarona makes a great player on almost any sunny-day team. If I go with one without it, things generally tend to feel incomplete.

It's funny that you mentioned it because it is the next Pokémon of the Week!

Spoiler:

White Pokédex: A sea of fire engulfs the surroundings of their battles, since they use their six wings to scatter their ember scales.

I love Volcarona because it can learn Fly because it's got fantastic Special Attack and can learn good moves. Wish I had gotten to use it more, but sadly I haven't

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Ah, wow, that artwork is simply beautiful! Wish I were able to create such a thing, but don't believe I'll ever have the chance; I stink at drawing. Then again, however, I don't exactly practice it, and as they as say, practice makes perfect. Might be able to improve if I do that. Either way. it's definitely good to see Volcarona gain some spotlight here; it deserves it, if you ask me!

What I like most about this Pokémon is how easy it is to utilize when it comes to battling. It's got access to a variety of moves in which we could find helpful; after one use of Quiver Dance, it'd gain some decent boost in Speed and offenses, and would immediately be ready to start sweeping. As far as design goes, I believe its look suits Volcarona pretty well; they've done a great job in this regard overall.

Hoping to see it gain some mega-evolution form in future, if possible! Normally, this Pokémon is good on special side of things, but once it mega-evolves, I believe it'd be interesting if it were able to turn itself into some physical sweeper of sorts.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    With Volcarona, Gamefreak decided to create an explosively colourful flower-encased bug. It was stunning the first time and still is.The colours of its design were obviously chosen carefully, every detail was well-done and there was almost nothing to complain about. I've honestly mistook it for a legendary more than once and the fact that it can fly out of all things just creates a huge pool of respect for Volcarona to shower in.

In terms of other factors such as battling, originality, name, there's a lot to go on. In battle, it hits like a train. In competitive, it still hits like a train. Being fire/bug also opens up the possibility of some really powerful moves in general and allows for an insane variety and power in special attack. And as said countless times, I love opposite typings. So fire/bug being created was one of the many daymakers I've had in my life. <3

Is it an original idea? Certainly! In the past there have been creations of flower-like pokemon that also follow the animation of opening up and closing in battle - i.e Cherrim, whether it's just their sprite animation or physically. But a person shouldn't be too picky about that so I honestly didn't mind! I also like how they didn't just create a firefly but instead went for the extravagant design of Volcarona instead.

Heck yeah, Mega Volcarona! I'd love to see this thing be invented in the future though again, it's one of the many pokemon that would also probably do just fine without one. I vouch for it to get one ASAP though. :D

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Mega Volcarona would be very welcomed in my eyes, even though it doesn't statistically need it. I do think it would be very beastly and I would very much enjoy using it I'm sure. And Bug/Fire is an awesome type combo for sure, I like it especially since I'm a big fan of both types.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I'm doing a bit of a special thing with Pokémon of the Week with the release of OR/AS being this week and next week. So for this week we have:

Spoiler:

(Mega) Blaziken!

Ruby Pokédex: In battle, Blaziken blows out intense flames from its wrists and attacks the foe courageously. The stronger the foes, the more intensely this Pokémon's wrists burn.

Emerald Pokédex: It learns martial arts that use punches and kicks. Every several years, its old feathers burn off, and new, supple feathers grow back in their place.

I wanted to include two entries because I never read the entry for Emerald and was surprised to see the similarity to a phoenix.

Blaziken is my second favorite Fire-type and second favorite starter out of all of the starters (to Charizard on both, for those of you who didn't know). It's got all the tools to do pretty much whatever it wants to and do it well, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I like Mega-Blaziken! To me, its appearance seems quite fitting. Though, only thing I would change, however, is those dark-brown (or gray, perhaps?) spots around its body, as they kind of seem out-of-place in my eyes (and am sure to many others, haha). Without those, I believe it would be looking much better than it already is.

In terms of battling and whatnot, I'm not sure how good it is, as I've never had any chance to try it competitively. Unfortunately, it wound up getting banned to Ubers, if I'm not mistaken, which sucks. I do have this Pokémon in-game, however, but have never put it into my team for any test-run of sorts. Hopefully, I will get it done at some point!

As for Blaziken itself, it's quite strong on its own. If given right move-set and utilized correctly, it's able to take opponents down single-handedly, which is impressive!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I like Mega-Blaziken! To me, its appearance seems quite fitting. Though, only thing I would change, however, is those dark-brown (or gray, perhaps?) spots around its body, as they kind of seem out-of-place in my eyes (and am sure to many others, haha). Without those, I believe it would be looking much better than it already is.

In terms of battling and whatnot, I'm not sure how good it is, as I've never had any chance to try it competitively. Unfortunately, it wound up getting banned to Ubers, if I'm not mistaken, which sucks. I do have this Pokémon in-game, however, but have never put it into my team for any test-run of sorts. Hopefully, I will get it done at some point!

As for Blaziken itself, it's quite strong on its own. If given right move-set and utilized correctly, it's able to take opponents down single-handedly, which is impressive!

They look dark brown in the X/Y sprite, but black or dark gray in the official artwork and in that picture. Either way, it doesn't fit very well at all.

Years
  • I kinda love how badass Mega Blaziken looks (okay all the Hoenn starters are badasses, especially the Megas) but the fact we had it get released earlier than its comrades shows how it's not only a fan favorite but that event Torchic in X/Y was also some early way to tell us Hoenn remakes were coming and eventually we were right.

Getting banned to Ubers is annoying, but it's a very strong thing which can destroy you if you mess around. Funnily enough I recall doing a Battle Test in the Battle Institute in X today, and a Blaziken (albeit not a Mega) OHKO'd my Gardevoir with a crit Flare Blitz and it had Speed Boost, as a further little insult to me. But damn they are very strong... and the Mega takes it up further with the power boosts.

Still, not exactly my fave of the Hoenn starters, but I know why it gets the love it has.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    I'm back~

Looks like we're talking about Mega Blaziken haha I like Mega Blaze. He's strong and pretty fast to boot.

How's everyone doing?

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I'm back~

Looks like we're talking about Mega Blaziken haha I like Mega Blaze. He's strong and pretty fast to boot.

How's everyone doing?

Hey, welcome back! Doing very well. Just to fill you in, we've been doing Pokémon of the Week discussions since we've exhausted a lot of topics over the past...11 months. Holy crap, we hit a year right around Christmas. Man, it's gone by quick.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Wicked3DS said:
    They look dark brown in the X/Y sprite, but black or dark gray in the official artwork and in that picture. Either way, it doesn't fit very well at all.

As Pokémon tend to undergo minimal changes in terms of stats when mega-evolving, I believe it'd be best if method was kept the same appearance-wise.

This is one, gargantuan reason as to why I dislike Mega-Charizard X; its design seems kind of out-of-place. Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard were all orange, and seeing X suddenly turn itself into black and blue don't seem to make much sense in my eyes; would've loved it if it were orange as well.

Though, what I'm most fond of regarding Charizard X is its typing; I've always wanted to see this Pokémon become dragon-type (and am sure many others have as well), and now, it has finally happened.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Hey, welcome back! Doing very well. Just to fill you in, we've been doing Pokémon of the Week discussions since we've exhausted a lot of topics over the past...11 months. Holy crap, we hit a year right around Christmas. Man, it's gone by quick.

Oh wow, time sure does fly! That's great you've been able to come up with topics all this time.

As Pokémon tend to undergo minimal changes in terms of stats when mega-evolving, I believe it'd be best if method was kept the same appearance-wise.

This is one, gargantuan reason as to why I dislike Mega-Charizard X; its design seems kind of out-of-place. Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard were all orange, and seeing X suddenly turn itself into black and blue don't seem to make much sense in my eyes; would've loved it if it were orange as well.

Though, what I'm most fond of regarding Charizard X is its typing; I've always wanted to see this Pokémon become dragon-type (and am sure many others have as well), and now, it has finally happened.

Perhaps Charizard gaining the Dragon-type and dropping the Flying-type was a substantial enough change to warrant a palette change, haha. I do like Charizard X's design but I feel it makes shiny Charizard a bit less special. Maybe if they made shiny Charizard X orange like a normal Charizard, things would feel a little better.

Back