• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♫ Telepathic Melodies ♫ - Psychic Pokemon Club

Would you like to see competitions implemented into the club?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Which Psychic Types Deserve a mega evolution?
    As I stated before, the pokesthat I'd love to see mega evolving aren't actual psychic types but pokemon that would probably earn psychic as their new type when evolving. I'm talking about these psychic looking pokemon:

Besides that, some pokemon that have potential for mega evos are Xatu, Girafarig and Claydol.

Years
  • Which Psychic Types Deserve a mega evolution?

You know what I think needs a Mega? Beheeyem. I find its evolution line so awesome-looking but battle-wise it doesn't really have anything special since its main role is done better by others. I'd love to see a Mega boost its mediocre defenses and also Sp. Attack and for a possible ability I'd like to see it get Analytic since it's slow and that can help its attacks get extra power.

And on a side note, I am concerned about this club's fate since Musicality has been inactive for almost a month. Kinda hoping this can get a new owner instead of being closed, because it would be sad to see the hard work wasted.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Which Psychic Types Deserve a mega evolution?
    I feel it'd be pretty cool if Espeon were to gain some mega-evolution of sorts, but that might be slightly difficult on their end, as they would likely have to come up with mega-forms for most other Eeveelutions for relativity and whatnot.

Aside from that, I would say Sigilyph. It's very much of an underrated Pokémon (competitively, it could perform outstandingly, but it rarely seems to get utilized), so if it were to gain a mega-evolution form, I believe it would have some chance to stand in the spotlight.

Alongside, one other Pokémon I'd like to see a mega for is Cresselia (if they do this, however, they would likely have to treat Darkrai the same way, due to similar reasons as Eeveelutions).
    Ya sigilyph is underused but on one of my psychic teams it did really good competitively! Wow mega espeon well i love the eeveelutions so they should get Megas of coarse it would be all of them and not just one haha.

As I stated before, the pokes that I'd love to see mega evolving aren't actual psychic types but pokemon that would probably earn psychic as their new type when evolving. I'm talking about these psychic looking pokemon:

Besides that, some pokemon that have potential for mega evos are Xatu, Girafarig and Claydol.
    I agree with almost all those haha i could see nocktowl as part psychic (why not it makes so much sense) plus hes like a wise owl that could probably see into the future with a mega he is totally deserving! Isnt there a curse if u touch one of ninetales tails incorrectly? I beleive there was in one of the games ninetales with a mega plus psychic i see all its tails up maybe a pink gem in its head it would be so cool! Golduck i see as part psychic because of its moveset but im not a big fan of Golduck so i wouldnt enjoy a mega as others may.
    I'd like to see Jynx get a mega evolution.
    Thats actually a good idea with a mega it could actually take advantage of its nice unique type!

You know what I think needs a Mega? Beheeyem. I find its evolution line so awesome-looking but battle-wise it doesn't really have anything special since its main role is done better by others. I'd love to see a Mega boost its mediocre defenses and also Sp. Attack and for a possible ability I'd like to see it get Analytic since it's slow and that can help its attacks get extra power.

And on a side note, I am concerned about this club's fate since Musicality has been inactive for almost a month. Kinda hoping this can get a new owner instead of being closed, because it would be sad to see the hard work wasted.

Beheeyem is another poke that is underrated. It really is average so to have a mega would make it better more powerful and noticed more like many unova pokemon are not. Ya i asked Wiicked as well about musicality i volunteer myself to be owner if he doesnt want it anymore or is too busy id love to be the owner haha! :) but i havent seen him since i think November so its been awhile :/

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Which psychic types deserve a mega evolution?

This might be weird but how about Darmanitan-zen? I know its already just a form of the fire type it shares a name with but I feel like a mega could work really well for it. There's a lot of potential to expand in either direction whether its adding to the wildish or telepathic side of it.

And hmm, I think Beheeyem's not a bad mega choice! Not the first thing that I thought of but what do you think they'd do to its new mega? Its pretty alien-like so maybe giving it a more of a greenish or foreign look would work.

I'd love a Mega Espeon but the thing of then having to create the other eeveelution megas would probably be a time consuming and difficult process. The one pokemon evolving into so many different possibilities then having an additional couple or so of mega forms is going into overkill so I think it's out of the question for now. :(

Mega Sigilyph would be a nice touch as well. They could probably work something out with its intricate pattern designs? Its pretty complex already though.

As for non-psychics, I support J9's idea. Ninetales especially would do great with a secondary psychic typing coupled with probably one of the best megas in the entire franchise. As for why Noctowl and Golduck weren't psychics to begin with, that intrigues me as well. However we can change that by giving them either a mega form or altering their respective typings. :)

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • And on a side note, I am concerned about this club's fate since Musicality has been inactive for almost a month. Kinda hoping this can get a new owner instead of being closed, because it would be sad to see the hard work wasted.

Ugh, I've kind of felt the same way. He did so well with it that it's really sad. I can hold down the fort for a little while but we will need a new owner since I own three clubs right now...

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Username: Arylett Dawnsborough

Partner Pokemon: Delphox

Why you want to join the club: I believe that Psychic is the type that fits my personality best. As a person who is focused mostly on matters of the mind, I exist more so in spirit, and have always though mental powers and magical abilities to be cool. The Psychic-type pretty much embodies who I am. And its Japanese name, Esper, is even the same as a term I use in a series of mine to refer to witch-type characters.

To answer the topic: I can't particularly see many Psychic-types with Mega Evolutions, as they are pretty powerful for the most part. But I definitely agree that there are non-Psychic types out there who should totally get the type. But I will throw an interesting one out here: Unown. It's utterly useless otherwise. What about giving it a Mega Evolution that really makes it shine? It only learns Hidden Power, but perhaps it could have the ability to have Hidden Power in all four slots, and when it Mega Evolves, each Hidden Power becomes a different type depending on your party lineup or something like that. Just throwing out some basic ideas. Nothing fleshed out.

(Also, if you need a club owner, I could do it... I don't know very much about the details, exactly, but I don't own any other clubs and don't plan on doing so. Also, I have loads of time on my hands. But if you'd rather get another, more established member, I'd understand.)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I don't estimate the chance Unown will get a Mega Evolution very high. It already has a lot of forms. To me it wouldn't make any sense if there would be just one Mega form for 28 normal forms. So then they have to create another 28 forms. I can't think of anything they could do with that. The only logical thing I can think of is decapitalisation, but that sounds more like a lower form instead of an upgrade.

Of the other mentioned Pokemon I think Girafarig has the highest chance to get a Mega Evolution. Its twoheaded body has good possibilities for Mega-adjustment.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Username: Arylett Dawnsborough

Why you want to join the club: I believe that Psychic is the type that fits my personality best. As a person who is focused mostly on matters of the mind, I exist more so in spirit, and have always though mental powers and magical abilities to be cool. The Psychic-type pretty much embodies who I am. And its Japanese name, Esper, is even the same as a term I use in a series of mine to refer to witch-type characters.

To answer the topic: I can't particularly see many Psychic-types with Mega Evolutions, as they are pretty powerful for the most part. But I definitely agree that there are non-Psychic types out there who should totally get the type. But I will throw an interesting one out here: Unown. It's utterly useless otherwise. What about giving it a Mega Evolution that really makes it shine? It only learns Hidden Power, but perhaps it could have the ability to have Hidden Power in all four slots, and when it Mega Evolves, each Hidden Power becomes a different type depending on your party lineup or something like that. Just throwing out some basic ideas. Nothing fleshed out.

(Also, if you need a club owner, I could do it... I don't know very much about the details, exactly, but I don't own any other clubs and don't plan on doing so. Also, I have loads of time on my hands. But if you'd rather get another, more established member, I'd understand.)
    Welcome to the club Arylett! I hope you enjoy it here!
    As for the topic idk about unknown its useless as a battler because of its role in sidequests and movies really thats it haha and as letters of the alphabet i gUess haha.
    Thats not to say it couldn't happen or a primal form i just am unsure with the lack of info we really get on unknown.
    I don't estimate the chance Unown will get a Mega Evolution very high. It already has a lot of forms. To me it wouldn't make any sense if there would be just one Mega form for 28 normal forms. So then they have to create another 28 forms. I can't think of anything they could do with that. The only logical thing I can think of is decapitalisation, but that sounds more like a lower form instead of an upgrade.

Of the other mentioned Pokemon I think Girafarig has the highest chance to get a Mega Evolution. Its twoheaded body has good possibilities for Mega-adjustment.

I think that would be it since theyre only forms and one pokemon any unknown would transform into the same mega eventhough idk what that would look like haha. I agree with Girafarig it has the possibilities plus the unique typing plus how underrated it is :)

Lycanthropy

Years
  • I think that would be it since theyre only forms and one pokemon any unknown would transform into the same mega eventhough idk what that would look like haha.

One Mega form, then the only thing that I can think of would be the whole alphabet forming one giant creature or something.

Dedenne1

Years
  • One Mega form, then the only thing that I can think of would be the whole alphabet forming one giant creature or something.

That's kinda what i thought like one gigantic eye and then hmm could be some type of character word or symbol haha it'd be weird but still it would kinda make sense also it would make the most sense maybe if it was a primal form haha

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Username: Sovahkiin
    Partner Pokemon: Mega Alakazam
    Why you want to join the club: The Psychic pokemon type has some of the strongest and most well known non-legends in the game, as well as a few very famous legends and the occasional mega. Also because Mega Alakazam is my favorite Pokemon.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I don't estimate the chance Unown will get a Mega Evolution very high. It already has a lot of forms. To me it wouldn't make any sense if there would be just one Mega form for 28 normal forms. So then they have to create another 28 forms. I can't think of anything they could do with that. The only logical thing I can think of is decapitalisation, but that sounds more like a lower form instead of an upgrade.

It's not likely, but it's fun to speculate. Particularly since I just had a quick idea about what its Mega could be... and I drew it. So let's go into how this sucker works:

Spoiler:

This probably won't happen because they missed their chance with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but there could be two Mega Unowns as you see in the picture there. One would be based on Attack | Defense (Omega) and the other Special Attack | Special Defense. (Alpha) There could be a physical variant of Hidden Power called Hidden Might added to the game which Unown could know, but would be most beneficial to place on Mega Unown Omega, of course. And their special ability would probably boost the power of Hidden Power/Hidden Might, in addition to making the types based on your party. It wouldn't be the strongest Pokemon in the world, but I can definitely say I'd try them out. They'd make Unown much more interesting.

Why you want to join the club: The Psychic pokemon type has some of the strongest and most well known non-legends in the game, as well as a few very famous legends and the occasional mega. Also because Mega Alakazam is my favorite Pokemon.
    Welcome, welcome. Hee. I like Alakazam because it has a rather interesting design, though I think Mega Alakazam is kind of silly. But I'm sure it's super handy in battle. :3

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Username: Arylett Dawnsborough

Welcome! An Unown Mega Evolution? That is quite an intriguing thing. Not sure how they'd pull it off. Also, if you're comfortable taking the club over, I'm okay with that.

Welcome! I haven't gotten to use Mega Alakazam, but I'm sure it is powerful because, well, it's Alakazam.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2018
    Username: SerenaHikaru
    Partner: Gardevoir, I've always appreciated this elegant Pokemon long before Gen 6 when she got a Mega Evolvution and people started using her just for her power.
    Why do I wish to join?: I've always loved psychic type Pokemon and psychic abilities in general. I used to try practicing to be psychic myself when I was younger. That could be why my intuition is so good. >> Also I've been using psychic type Pokemon long before I started competitive battling in leagues on showdown.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Username: SerenaHikaru
    Partner: Gardevoir, I've always appreciated this elegant Pokemon long before Gen 6 when she got a Mega Evolvution and people started using her just for her power.
    Why do I wish to join?: I've always loved psychic type Pokemon and psychic abilities in general. I used to try practicing to be psychic myself when I was younger. That could be why my intuition is so good. >> Also I've been using psychic type Pokemon long before I started competitive battling in leagues on showdown.

Welcome! Wait, you mean people weren't using Gardevoir before? I always liked it because of its great Special Attack and it could use Thunderbolt, so it was very useful in battle. How would you try practicing psychic abilities?

Also I'll be editing our member list tonight since it's gotten a bit behind with our lack of a leader.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Welcome Sovahkiin and Serenahikaru! Hope you'll enjoy being here.

So, are we lacking a leader? What does exactly a leader does?, because I could help with that for some time if it's needed.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Welcome! An Unown Mega Evolution? That is quite an intriguing thing. Not sure how they'd pull it off. Also, if you're comfortable taking the club over, I'm okay with that.
    Yeah, I don't mind really. I think it'd be fun running a club for the first time, and I'm usually pretty good at keeping conversations going due to loads of practice. 'Course, if J9794 really wants to, I wouldn't mind conceding it to them either.

Username: SerenaHikaru
    Agreed! I've always liked Gardevoir too. She's very elegant and unique of a design, one I've never actually see quite anywhere else before. And totally fits as a part Fairy type too. Only thing I don't like about Gardevoir is the fact that it can be male, which I don't think makes much sense. But that's just my personal preference.

When I was younger, I also tried to do silly psychic things. Like flying. I thought I could levitate myself or bring things closer to me after watching Matilda.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Yeah, I don't mind really. I think it'd be fun running a club for the first time, and I'm usually pretty good at keeping conversations going due to loads of practice. 'Course, if J9794 really wants to, I wouldn't mind conceding it to them either.

Agreed! I've always liked Gardevoir too. She's very elegant and unique of a design, one I've never actually see quite anywhere else before. And totally fits as a part Fairy type too. Only thing I don't like about Gardevoir is the fact that it can be male, which I don't think makes much sense. But that's just my personal preference.

When I was younger, I also tried to do silly psychic things. Like flying. I thought I could levitate myself or bring things closer to me after watching Matilda.

Ohh, forgot you said it, na, I don't think I'll be good enough to keep the conversations alive :P. Anyways, if you need help with anything just tell me.

And we all have tried something like that at least once after watching Matilda probably ^^.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • It's not likely, but it's fun to speculate. Particularly since I just had a quick idea about what its Mega could be... and I drew it. So let's go into how this sucker works:

Spoiler:

This probably won't happen because they missed their chance with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but there could be two Mega Unowns as you see in the picture there. One would be based on Attack | Defense (Omega) and the other Special Attack | Special Defense. (Alpha) There could be a physical variant of Hidden Power called Hidden Might added to the game which Unown could know, but would be most beneficial to place on Mega Unown Omega, of course. And their special ability would probably boost the power of Hidden Power/Hidden Might, in addition to making the types based on your party. It wouldn't be the strongest Pokemon in the world, but I can definitely say I'd try them out. They'd make Unown much more interesting.

It wasn't exact the picture I had in mind with Mega Unown. I hadn't even thought of combining them with Alpha and Omega. As you said, the chance Unown will get a Mega isn't very high. But still, great art!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back