• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Thanks for the acceptance, Adventure! Do I need to post a rp sample first or just go into the action on the main thread?

Oh, and if I can send a starter post, where should it be? I would like to go to Viridian Forest right away before challenging Brock, but, hmm... (cannot decide right away)
    You may begin in Viridian Forest if you think that's better.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Okay, so now that we are such a high number of players, I want to state that I'm not going to hunt you down if you don't post for a while. That would be too tedious. However, if I notice that you haven't posted for several weeks, say a month - then I will take your character off the list. I mean, you should at least be able to post a couple of times per month, or else RPing isn't really for you after all :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Woo I'm special and accepted and stuff!

Edit: Not sure when I'll get post up but if I feel inspired might even be tonight
    I'm planning on making an intro post to get a feel for my new character, but do you want to meet up later? :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ah, I just posted my first post right there! I hope I did it right and stuff :"|
    I only noticed one problem. You seem to switch between tenses all the time. Try to stick to either past or present tense - don't mix them!

Most RPers here write in past tense, as if they were retelling a story. I do that. Some choose to only write in present tense, as if things are happening right now and you are being a referee narrator. Just try to think about how you write and don't mix tenses within the same post :)

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • I only noticed one problem. You seem to switch between tenses all the time. Try to stick to either past or present tense - don't mix them!

Most RPers here write in past tense, as if they were retelling a story. I do that. Some choose to only write in present tense, as if things are happening right now and you are being a referee narrator. Just try to think about how you write and don't mix tenses within the same post :)

Ah, thank you! I fixed it already. I prefer past tense, though, since I tend follow most of my roleplay partners writing pattern.

Will stay consistent with the past tense; thanks!

Again, I'm sorry with my crappy English OTL

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • (Updated)
    Name: Delta (Zane Kemon, but prefers Delta)

Hometown: Undellllla, Unova

Appearance: short light brown, almost blonde hair, pale skin and Blue-Gray eyes
    He wears a black Fedora, Red plaid shirt combo, Blue cuffed jeans, and Blue sneakers. He has a Vinyl messanger bag strapped to his right shoulder. On his left wrist there is a pale mark (even more pale in comparison to his face) that wrapped around his wrist in the shape of a watch that he no longer wears. He is around 5'5'' and is only 126 pounds. He has a pair of black sunglasses perched on the top of the Fedora and his eyebrows are slightly singed, an accident on the day his Charmander hatched. His left eyes is significantly less grey than the other, but this can only be seen when up close. He has a slight english accent thanks to his mother who came from a little known region to the far north. His face is full of youth but singular strands of gray hair stick out in places.

Interests and goals: Arrived in Kanto to search for traces of any sign of Mega stones, which have inly been discovered in Kalos and Hoenn. Also wishes to test the strength of the Kanto Elite. Loves to meet new Pokemon. He studies Pokemon distribution, as well as space debris that has landed on earth.

Family: Steven Stone of Hoenn is a close friend of Kyle Kemon, Delta's father (Who happened to own several Undella Villas, including the one that once belonged to the Hoenn region champion. Steven happened to be the person to show the wonders of Mega evolution to Delta who vows to uncover its secrets. Delta also has a dister named Rosa who stayes in Unova with their stay at home mother and father.

Strengths: Delta knows about many species of Pokemon, having helped Aurea Juniper with the Unova dex four years prior. He also strives to learn the Truth about all of the Legendary Pokemon, and mysterious things in the world. He believes Kanto isn't to be checked off the list yet. He is good at solving puzzles as his father constantly had him complete jigsaws at a young age. He also has an unaturally fast reaction time when it comes to making a comeback with his words. His family has alot of money, meaning unless he gets caught away from an ATM he won't need to worry about it.

Weaknesses: Headstrong, Delta tends to charge into battle if he deems it worthy. He also has a very bossy side and forgets that people have feelings. He is terrified of heights, and deep water, the latter because he can't swim. He also worries constantly when understress, making him quite and moody. Some of his best thinking can be done when in a panic though.

Starter pokémon: Riolu, Riley
    Move Set: Force palm, Dig, Shadowball, Dragon pulse. Bonerush, EMPTY

Secondary Pokemon: A recently hatchef Yellow (Shiny, probabbly my only as theyre supposed to be rare.) Charmander, named Char whose egg was given to him by professor Oak as thanks for his work on the generation 5 (Model 5) Pokedex.
    Moves: Scratch ,leer, ember.

sample:
    Delta looked across the deck of the fabulous cruiseship, The Royal Unova, as it slowly made its way around Castelua cities port. "Delta." A male voice said a hand coming to rest on his shoulder. Delta turned and saw the white haired man standing next to him. The mans suit billowed in the wind and Delta could tell that it was high quality material by how it didn't wrinkle as it flapped wildly. "Are you ready to witness the glory of Mega Evolution!" Steven chuckled as he slowly began to walk to the other end of the deck with pride that could almost be mistaken for swagger. "Metagross!" Steven shouted tossing a pokeball into the air. The large pokemon hit the deck with a thud, but the sturdy unovian craft held the super computer pokemon. Riley leaped forward, standing infront of Delta simulating a battle scene. Stevens hand tapped the top of his cane and a flash of light erupted from Metagross as its Metagrosite began to react to the frequency the keystone emmited. A loud screch erupted as Metagross hovered before them, looking much more aerial than before. "Woah..." Delta muttered staring at the Mega-pokemon.

I apoligize for double post but it apears that on my phone it read the edited submission as a new reply. So I don't seem able to delete the old one, but it is no longed relevant.

Siri is causing all types of trouble 3:

EDIT: If this edit triple posts then I will rage quit and get the rest of my sleep and pray that people pitty the stupid phone guy.
    Above post even SAYS edit, yet old post still exists. Is it because it became too long and had to make page 7?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No worries, my mod powers can deal with that.

Your SU is better now. I just wonder why you write Undelllllla instead of Undella in the location? :p Regardless, you are accepted. Welcome!

EDIT: by the way, I think we'll cap it at 20 players. That's more than plenty! So if there somehow are more people signing up now, only 2 more will get in. That okay?

Oddball_

Years
  • No worries, my mod powers can deal with that.

Your SU is better now. I just wonder why you write Undelllllla instead of Undella in the location? :p Regardless, you are accepted. Welcome!

Twas supposed to be a refrence to the kid who yells "The Seaaassa!" in black and "Undellllllla' in the sequel.
    Thanks for acceptance, shall catch up on what I missed whilst asleep and plan post.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Twas supposed to be a refrence to the kid who yells "The Seaaassa!" in black and "Undellllllla' in the sequel.
    Thanks for acceptance, shall catch up on what I missed whilst asleep and plan post.
    Aha. Well I never got that far in the Unova games, so I wouldn't know. But alright then!

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
    Years
  • Thank you for understanding. If you want we can do a joint post or whatever, but don't expect that much of an activity from me for the next week since it's finals week. :)

I have final papers to write, so that's fine.

I'm not sure about the collab yet.

Oddball_

Years
  • Just made Delta's intro, pretty shurt but to the point. Oh and he Chuckles like 4 times, but I didn't realize untill I had posted which made ME chuckle. Anyways... I'm thinking of accidentaly lighting the forrest on fire while training Char if anybody wants to do a joined and help put it out or whatever. (Water type would help)
    *Only YOU can prevent forrest fires.*
    Edit: Have typed up a the above, bit won't post it untill I know somebody will help stop the fire. I don't want to burn down the home of that horde of Pikachu, they seem pissed off enough. (They should totally stalk you guys throughout the entire adventure, #TeamPikachu.

As for long time ideas I was wondering if anybody was against MewTwo being created by the rockets at the Cinnabar mansion? That would mean he isn't complete, and as such hasn't destroyed the lab... yet.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Finished with my character :)

Been so long since I joined an rp college/adulthood really got in the way for awhile but I have time again so I'm reserving a spot :) will have my sign up in a few days.

"Let's play"

Name: Lilliana Davis Age: 12 Gender: Female Hometown: Lillycove City, Hoenn

Custom-made-Fairy-Tail-Dragon-Slayers-Wendy-Marvell-Cosplay-Costume-Anime-Japanese-costume.jpg

Interests and goals: Lilliana is a very sweet and naive young girl who tends to still act very childish for someone who is almost 13 years old. She's very playful and treats everything as a game, another thing Liliana does is try to get anyone she meets to play with her. Though most misunderstand the term at times nine times out of ten what she wants to play is a pokemon battle. She has a strong love for cute and beautiful Pokemon and she wants to catch all that she can in order to strive for her dream when she goes home to Lillycove, Pokemon contests. Her plan for this journey is to grow as strong as she can and collect all the cute pokemon she is able to in order to become a contest star back home. Another goal for her is to make all the friends she can along the way.

Family: Lilliana grew up with her mother (Aliyah) and her father (Marcus) as well as her twin brother (Alexander) in a well of home in Lillycove City. Her father was a big investor into the Lillycove department store and earned a lot of money back from his investments leaving the small family very well off. Her mother was a Pokemon breeder known throughout Hoenn for her skill and love for Pokemon. Trainers from all over made a point to stop by when in Lillycove to ask for advice and help with their Pokemon. Lilliana growing up spent most of her time caring for her twin Alexander who had been paralyzed in an accident when they where lilttle. What time wasn't with her beloved twin was spent with her mother learning about Pokemon Breeding.

Strengths: Lilliana has a lot of skill when it comes to caring and nuturing Pokemon due to her Mothers lessons growing up. She knows the types of food and berries each Pokemon likes and loves to groom her Pokemon at least once every day. She's also very playful with not only her Pokemon but with others as well. Lilliana also has a very active imagination that enables her to think outside the box when it comes to battling and making her Pokemon's moves look beautiful.

Weaknesses: Lilliana's childish nature can be a bit of a bad things at times. She's very naive and too trusting of People. She can't really tell right away if someone is a bad person that will take advantage of her. Lilliana also has a strong fear of thunder and despite growing up near the ocean doesn't know how to swim.

Starter pokémon:
    marill.gif

Marill (Aria) Female Moveset: Aqua Tail, Aqua Ring, Rain Dance, Bubble Beam, Ice Beam

Second pokémon:
    vulpix.gif

Vulpix (Alex) Male Moveset: Fire Spin, Wil-O-Wisp, Feint Attack, Quick Attack, Ember

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Sorry I took so long posting! It's one heck of a long post O.o But the whole point of the post was more like Brock teaching Damien that battling is just not type advantages, it's also about prediction and anticipating your opponent's moves. I also left it open-ended, because I think Adventure needs to approve of whether your character deserves a badge or not :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Finished with my character :)
    Looks good to me. You are accepted, welcome!

I got my first post up :)

@Adventure - If you still want to interact, you could find Tasman sleeping in the park.
    Haha, I can totally do that at the end of my post :D

Sorry I took so long posting! It's one heck of a long post O.o But the whole point of the post was more like Brock teaching Damien that battling is just not type advantages, it's also about prediction and anticipating your opponent's moves. I also left it open-ended, because I think Adventure needs to approve of whether your character deserves a badge or not :D
    *pats good player* I'll try to get to that as soon as I can.

EDIT: okay, I got some stuff to point out regarding writing. All in good spirit!

Oddball, it would be nice if you tried to stick to either past or present tense within your posts. Don't mix them, because it makes little sense for the reader :)

gimmepie, please don't center your IC text. It's tedious for the eyes ;) Left aligned (default) is generally considered the best for longer texts, I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:
    Back