• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (OOC)

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
  • The struggle is over, here is the SU

Name: Danica Chandler

Hometown: Viridian City

Appearance: Standing at 5 feet tall with bright green eyes, Danica likes to dress casually. She usually sports a violet hoodie with yellow letters, and dark blue shorts with a Pokéball logo on it. She also wears some deep purple gloves (as in color, nothing to do with the band), a pair of lily shoes, and long socks with a black and white striped pattern. She cuts her blue hair herself so that it doesn't reach her shoulders. Underneath her hoodie she wears dark-coloured tank tops that can only be seen whenever she takes the hoodie off (which is once in a blue moon, or whenever it's too hot for her to bear). Speaking of hoodies, she has the hood most of the time she's outdoors. Below is a picture of her:

c44d7a3faf.jpg

Interests and goals: Danica is on a pursuit of strength. She has a very strong desire to surpass every opponent, and each win only makes her think about the next challenge. She is determined to defeat all Gym Leaders and, if it becomes available to her defeat the Elite Four and become a Champion. After that was achieved, she plans to go look for a stronger opponent in another region. The reason for this is unknown, but her fixation on overcoming opponents might have to do with surpassing her own limitations, which might be traced to her Poison-phobia.

Family: Danica is the eldest child of John Paul and Frances Chandler, in a quite well off family. She has two younger brothers, Brian (currently 15 years old, who she is very close with) and Ritchie (8 years old, who she isn't so close with due to the huge age gap between them). The Chandlers lived quite hedonistically and were very permissive when it came to raising their children, which probably had to do with the incident that scarred poor Danica for life. As she grew up she began to get annoyed with their antics, wanting them to act more like real grown-ups.
    She loves her brother Brian the most of all the Chandlers. Brian would always console her whenever she was upset about being bullied, or because of her parents, or whatever reason. Danica has also been there for Brian in return, and the two share a very close bond. He even inspired her to go on her journey, knowing it would do her very well to travel around Kanto and promised he would look after Ritchie in her absence.
    It is also said because of her appearance that she might be related to Gym Leader Sabrina. However, there has been no proof of that (and for some reason Danica does not see the resemblance)

Strengths: Danica knows a whole lot about Pokémon: types, effectiveness, and knows how to handle herself in battle pretty well. Well, most of the times. She's also a fast learner and one with a great memory. Apart from that, she tends to do things sensibly and will stay away from where great danger awaits.

Weaknesses: A childhood incident left Danica with a very acute fear of Poison-type Pokémon (especially slimy, smelly ones like Grimer and Muk) that some might call a phobia. All her good traits are nullified when she is to confront Pokémon like that; and she can switch from calm, serious and sensible to irrational and reckless. Some situations may even render her catatonic. Phobias aside, the incident also made her cold and unfriendly to most people. In fact, her brother Brian is the only person she can completely trust. As a result she is very lonely and socially awkward.

Starter pokémon: Curtis (Ralts ♂) – Disarming Voice, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Magical Leaf

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The struggle is over, here is the SU

Name: Danica Chandler

Hometown: Viridian City

Appearance: Standing at 5 feet tall with bright green eyes, Danica likes to dress casually. She usually sports a violet hoodie with yellow letters, and dark blue shorts with a Pokéball logo on it. She also wears some deep purple gloves (as in color, nothing to do with the band), a pair of lily shoes, and long socks with a black and white striped pattern. She cuts her blue hair herself so that it doesn't reach her shoulders. Underneath her hoodie she wears dark-coloured tank tops that can only be seen whenever she takes the hoodie off (which is once in a blue moon, or whenever it's too hot for her to bear). Speaking of hoodies, she has the hood most of the time she's outdoors. Below is a picture of her:

c44d7a3faf.jpg

Interests and goals: Danica is on a pursuit of strength. She has a very strong desire to surpass every opponent, and each win only makes her think about the next challenge. She is determined to defeat all Gym Leaders and, if it becomes available to her defeat the Elite Four and become a Champion. After that was achieved, she plans to go look for a stronger opponent in another region. The reason for this is unknown, but her fixation on overcoming opponents might have to do with surpassing her own limitations, which might be traced to her Poison-phobia.

Family: Danica is the eldest child of John Paul and Frances Chandler, in a quite well off family. She has two younger brothers, Brian (currently 15 years old, who she is very close with) and Ritchie (8 years old, who she isn't so close with due to the huge age gap between them). The Chandlers lived quite hedonistically and were very permissive when it came to raising their children, which probably had to do with the incident that scarred poor Danica for life. As she grew up she began to get annoyed with their antics, wanting them to act more like real grown-ups.
    She loves her brother Brian the most of all the Chandlers. Brian would always console her whenever she was upset about being bullied, or because of her parents, or whatever reason. Danica has also been there for Brian in return, and the two share a very close bond. He even inspired her to go on her journey, knowing it would do her very well to travel around Kanto and promised he would look after Ritchie in her absence.
    It is also said because of her appearance that she might be related to Gym Leader Sabrina. However, there has been no proof of that (and for some reason Danica does not see the resemblance)

Strengths: Danica knows a whole lot about Pokémon: types, effectiveness, and knows how to handle herself in battle pretty well. Well, most of the times. She's also a fast learner and one with a great memory. Apart from that, she tends to do things sensibly and will stay away from where great danger awaits.

Weaknesses: A childhood incident left Danica with a very acute fear of Poison-type Pokémon (especially slimy, smelly ones like Grimer and Muk) that some might call a phobia. All her good traits are nullified when she is to confront Pokémon like that; and she can switch from calm, serious and sensible to irrational and reckless. Some situations may even render her catatonic. Phobias aside, the incident also made her cold and unfriendly to most people. In fact, her brother Brian is the only person she can completely trust. As a result she is very lonely and socially awkward.

Starter pokémon: Curtis (Charmeleon ♂) – Fire Spin, Metal Claw, Ember, Scratch, Smokescreen.
    I see we're having a third male Charmander/Charmeleon in the RP, hm? It's okay I guess :p Maybe I should have made mine female though, to get some variation. Hmm.

Your SU is good enough, though. Accepted!

And with that, we close spots. To those who were thinking of signing up but didn't finish your SUs in time, I can only say too bad. Keep your eyes peeled though, in case one of the 20 current players disappears.

I should make that a rule by the way... Dear players, you are not allowed to simply disappear from this RP! If you don't feel like RPing anymore - SAY SO! Admit it. It's best for everyone. Thank you :)

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • I see we're having a third male Charmander/Charmeleon in the RP, hm? It's okay I guess :p Maybe I should have made mine female though, to get some variation. Hmm.

Your SU is good enough, though. Accepted!

And with that, we close spots. To those who were thinking of signing up but didn't finish your SUs in time, I can only say too bad. Keep your eyes peeled though, in case one of the 20 current players disappears.

I should make that a rule by the way... Dear players, you are not allowed to simply disappear from this RP! If you don't feel like RPing anymore - SAY SO! Admit it. It's best for everyone. Thank you :)

If it's good with you I'll change it to something else. Perhaps a Psychic-Type would be more fitting.
    EDIT: Curtis is a male Ralts now.
    EDIT 2: FOr the next two weeks, I will be able to make 2 posts a week tops (Finals and stuff). After that I should be more free.

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Fixed some mistypings, should be past tense now, if not tell me which part <3

SylveonStar I've posted a proposed bit for a meeting in a post above if you would like. Just shoot me a message :3

Adventure neither of my pokemon had genders specified, but Charmander shall be female and Riley male... Shiny female charmander... Delta should start buying lottery tickets :3
    1/8125 and only 12.5% of them are female.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Haha okay then I keep my Charmander male then!

I'll just get some breakfast and then read the gym posts.

EDIT:
    Sorry I took so long posting! It's one heck of a long post O.o But the whole point of the post was more like Brock teaching Damien that battling is just not type advantages, it's also about prediction and anticipating your opponent's moves. I also left it open-ended, because I think Adventure needs to approve of whether your character deserves a badge or not :D

I await the judgment of my gym battle post.

Sheesh, glad I finally got that done! <3
    Both of you can go ahead and finish your gym battles - you won the badges. Congratulations!

Let me know when you want to advance into Route 3.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Posted my gym battle. Hope you like it.
    Since this is your first badge and the beginning of the RP, I will let you win easily. But I want to give you some helpful hints.

You too should try to think a bit about what tense you are writing in. Past or present? Stick to one, don't change all of a sudden. If it's difficult to spot while you are writing, make sure to always read through your whole post at least once after you have finished writing it, before you post it. Then you might catch annoying errors. You also have a few typos here and there, for example.

Also, the move you are using is probably called Feint Attack instead:
    X/Y: The user approaches the target disarmingly, then throws a sucker punch. This attack never misses.
    R/S/E: Draws the foe close, then strikes without fail.
    But you can be creative and interpret moves within reason, of course!

I also feel like your battle against Onix was a bit rushed, like you really wanted to get it over with. But since you actually did have a type advantage and were realistic with the Hypnosis, I think you deserve a badge :3 So go ahead and write about winning, maybe edit your last post if you don't want to wait for someone else to post first.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • @Rainflower

In case if you're wondering, I won't be posting until GoldenHouou posts, since pretty much my character can't do much but feel the electrical shocks. Plus, it's hard to keep up once others are way ahead of you in a situation.

Years
  • @Adventure - Sorry, the left align was looking weird to me for some reason but if you prefer it I'll switch back to the left. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    I think I'll have a post shortly advancing to Route 3. Is there anything I should know, such as Pokemon that are available to capture? I think I may have Damien catch one 0.0

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • This post is a little less detailed and pretty because I'm gearing up for a joint post with NyxShooter that I hope to start today, but Keia is trying again to catch her lil mushroom.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @Adventure - Sorry, the left align was looking weird to me for some reason but if you prefer it I'll switch back to the left. :)
    Let's try it and see if it looks better for most, at least ^^ Thank you.

I think I'll have a post shortly advancing to Route 3. Is there anything I should know, such as Pokemon that are available to capture? I think I may have Damien catch one 0.0
    Yep! Anyone who wants to advance beyond the revealed areas should give me a heads up in this thread, just like with captures and gym battles. I'll post a Route 3 info post soon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @Adventure: Alright, thank you! I'll keep a look out for it. Meanwhile, I'll get working on my post. Not sure how long it'll take, because I have to study for exams, but it'll be up today

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @Adventure: Alright, thank you! I'll keep a look out for it. Meanwhile, I'll get working on my post. Not sure how long it'll take, because I have to study for exams, but it'll be up today
    It's up already. Here! But yeah, no rush. Go at your own pace.

@ Strikit, your capture is a success! (I, uh, assume it's a Shroomish haha)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Oooohh Route 3 looks promising. Thinking of catching a Gulpin or a Shinx. Shall I go for blobby, fluffy Pokemon to counter Jordan's love for rocks or shall I highlight his riches by having him catch a Pokemon that seemed to be expensive as a pet? Hmm.. Such career path. Oh well, I guess I have to get that badge first before proceeding.

Back