• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stargate1995

Mr. Flying Pickle Monster
Years
Username: Stargate1995
Pokemon of Choice: Nidoking
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Fire Red, Soul Silver, Ruby, Platinum, Black, Y (dunno how I'll do Y, I'm not to fond of the idea of reseting my save file)

Deciding to sign up to a new challenge to pass some time, I completed the ultimate solo a few years back (4...) with Metagross/kabutops (I see that I'm still up there for the Metagross run at least :3) and had always planned to do a Nidoking run but never got around to it, things always sorta went wrong when I tried to start it. Hopefully this time things go differently.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #1: Vaporeon - Platinum
I never quite use Eevee and the Eeveelutions (actually I don't really use Pokémon that have to evolve by stone or Happiness, or anything other than regular levelling because I always mess up with the moves and such), but I must admit Vaporeon is fun to use. As expected its moveset could be a bit better, but meh it's strong enough anyway.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
134.png

Tau the Lonely Vaporeon (M) @ Lv.45
Ability: Water Absorb
Tackle
Bite
Return
Aqua Ring

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Whipping out the trusty emulator for another go around. Thank you so much to Kingdom of Tea for keeping my old progress updated so I can pick up where I left off last time.

Game: Y
IGN: A
Pokemon: Primeape

Let's go!

Edit: ...... Mankey's only damage dealing Fighting type move in R/B is Seismic Toss. Right, looks like we're doing it on Yellow then.

Edit2: All done!
Spoiler:

Edit3: Did Arcanine too.
Spoiler:

This one was a pain. Ember at like 18, no Flamethrower unless you grind Growlithe to 50. Pls.

Edit4: And Poliwrath. Used my last PP on Gary's last Pokemon.
Spoiler:

Edit5: Kadabra was next. Grinding a level 4 Abra to level 16 before I fought Brock was not fun at all.
Spoiler:

Edit6: Being slower than all the Psychic types sucks. Machoke done.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Completed Kangaskhan solo on FireRed :3

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final team:

115.gif

Kangha|Female|Hasty Nature|Early Bird|Lvl 66
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Surf
Thunderbolt

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Hi there! I'm wanting to take part in this challenge, but I just wanted to check if games such as Fire Red Omega and the other Drayano Hacks (Blaze Black etc.) are considered re/demakes of the originals and are there for considered for the ultimate challenge? I know this question will probably have been asked and answered before but I can't see it and I don't really fancy trawling through over 100 pages, just incase it hasn't!
Thank you!

Years
Completed Banette solo on Sapphire :3 - This one was easier than I thought it would be :o

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final team:

354.gif

Bandit|Male|Calm Nature|Insomnia|Lvl 69|@Lax Incense
Faint Attack
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Will-O-Wisp

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Hi there! I'm wanting to take part in this challenge, but I just wanted to check if games such as Fire Red Omega and the other Drayano Hacks (Blaze Black etc.) are considered re/demakes of the originals and are there for considered for the ultimate challenge? I know this question will probably have been asked and answered before but I can't see it and I don't really fancy trawling through over 100 pages, just incase it hasn't!
Thank you!
It should be ok, because they are considered remakes. The only difference (especially if you solo those games) is that they're way harder than the 'normal' counterparts. The story stays the same, so it's fine. (So you could do something like Fire Red Omega - Storm Silver - Ruby - Platinum - Blaze Black - X and it would still be an ultimate challenge.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Awesome! In that case then...
Username: Duncey
Pokemon of Choice: Heracross
Game(s): Fire Red Omega, Soul Silver, Ruby, Pearl, Blaze Black, Y

Let's get started!

Last edited:

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
Ah snap, wit dis off tha hook Yesterdays laundrys' set up, perhaps I could ask a question? I'm sure dis question has been asked, but, I can't be bothared ta browse through tha thread wit tha nverted colors. What's tha deal wit double battles? I know we're allowed ta use a HM slave, but, if I be not mistakesn, traners won't challenge you unless you have two Pokemon? Is that just fne ta send out a HM slave n dis case and let tham die, or, is thare some way ta git around dawgdatary double battles? I'm just curious befoe I sign up fo tha ultimate challenge.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Ah snap, wit dis off tha hook Yesterdays laundrys' set up, perhaps I could ask a question? I'm sure dis question has been asked, but, I can't be bodisd ta browse through tha thread wit tha nverted colors. What's tha deal wit double battles? I know we're allowed ta use a HM slave, but, if I be not mistakessn, traners won't challenge you unless you have two Pokemon? Is that just fne ta send out a HM slave n dis case and let thbe die, or, is dis some way ta git around dawgdatary double battles? I'm just curious befoe I sign up fo tha ultimate challenge.

Yeah that's fine. Usually people get their HM slaves near the beginning of the game, so when you fight in double battles, they're really weak and can't really contribute to the fight if that makes sense. Obviously don't train them, but if you need them to use for a double battle, that's alright.

In other news, Victreebel is done. I really REALLY hate grass types in R/B. The type coverage is atrocious.

Spoiler:

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
Thank you then myrrhman, that makes sense. There's only one other question and it regards abilities for Pokemon. If the Pokemon I want to use has a dream world ability, would it be alright if I used that instead in games where it's eligible? I suppose that doesn't matter too much for the initial games I'm going to be doing though.

Username: Relica
Pokemon of Choice: Blaziken
Game(s): Leaf Green, Heart Gold, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum, Black 2, Pokemon Y

I believe I did that right, please tell me if I did it wrong. :)

It begins!

edit: It continues! Currently three badges into the game, been pretty fun so far. I think I'll stop for the night though.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
Adding another picture Dawg

Guess who finished his run! Blaziken Leaf Green is out of the way.

It was a really fun run, now to decide which game I do next. Most likely going to save the 3DS games for last though out of convenience. It'll also be the first time I beat Alpha Sapphire completely so...fun times are ahead. I kind of regret picking a competent Pokemon though, I fail to see how this will remain a challenge at all. ~_~
Spoiler:

So here we go on Heart Gold. I forgot to take a picture but here's the new Torchic right before the rival. Here we go! {XD}

Spoiler:

It's depressing when you have more badges than Pokdex entries. To the E4!

Spoiler:

Oh man, that was fast. Pardon me for having my HM slaves in the E4, I forgot to take them out. I didn't use any revives though! I've been trying to limit myself ontop of everything that I can't use revives as well due to how vastly overleveled I am to everything else.

Spoiler:

I suppose technically I'm done but...I'm so close. This is the first time I've been on level for Red too! {XD}

Spoiler:

And that's that. Fun fact, did you know that Blaziken can't learn thief? I didn't till now! At least I'd never bother to take note till now. It would of been nice against Pikachu. Oh well, no use crying over spoil milk. Just had to blow it up before it blew me up. The rest of it was just playing with my food.
Spoiler:

And lets turn this into the most pictures in a single post ever. Starting Platinum today too.
Spoiler:

Lets add onto that and see if I can't make it two games in a single day. Oh boy George, oh boy!
Spoiler:

It's all over! Well Platinum is anyway. Didn't expect to end up as high as I did, but, it's not a big deal. Cynthia is set up bait no matter what run you do unless you forbid yourself from doing so. Also, I prtscn too late there, but, oh well, it gets the point across. Just listening to the credit's music right now. Up next should be Black 2, but, I'm going to do it in challenge mode to step it up...or make it easier. One or the other.
Spoiler:

Hey guys, lets start Black 2. I don't think I'll finish this in a single night since it's so late, but, I figure I'd at least set up my Torchic. Resetted till I got a positive nature of my choice, and off we go. I'll update before I go to bed though.
Spoiler:

And I forgot to update. I got really sick yesterday so I didn't play, but, I'm coming back to it today. Here's where I am, three badges in. I'm worried about a few gyms this time through, Black 2 has a lot of trainers who don't take too kindly to Kicken McNuggets here.
Spoiler:

Update. I'm at the seventh badge, but, I've realized that I went over the edge. I missed High Jump Kick Eight Times in a row. I'm not dealing with that kind of shit anymore. Legitimately the only time I've gotten mad at RNG. I'm rolling in dough so I've done this. This is my fix till I get hone claws.
Spoiler:

My hero! Zelda Fanfare
Spoiler:

Side question: Myrrhamn, is that the default palette for Red in Gambatte? It's been so long I don't recognize it.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Side question: Myrrhamn, is that the default palette for Red in Gambatte? It's been so long I don't recognize it.

Whoops just now saw this. No, this is a custom color palate I use for VBA. A while ago I was streaming and I was emulating red with just my left hand, and at the same time I was emulating blue with just my right hand. 2 challenges at once, yo! I had this color palate for the red game, and a blue themed one for blue. But then later when I loaded a new game, the red palate was still there, so I just use that now.

Also, finished Graveler/Golem. Survived Loreli with 2/222 HP. Thank god I used that HP up when I was back in Mt. Moon. Overall this wasn't to terribly hard, had to go do SS Anne before I was strong enough to beat Misty, and even then I had to get lucky with a low Water Gun damage roll and Body Slam PRZ on Starmie. Midgame was a breeze, and other than Loreli, the end was easy as well. Thankfully I hit all my Rock Slides on Gary's (and Lance's) Gyarados and Lapras, or I definitely would have wiped. Elixir proved very useful after Lance (I think that's when I used it.) Would have run out of EQ PP if I didn't.

Spoiler:

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
Whoops just now saw this. No, this is a custom color palate I use for VBA. A while ago I was streaming and I was emulating red with just my left hand, and at the same time I was emulating blue with just my right hand. 2 challenges at once, yo! I had this color palate for the red game, and a blue themed one for blue. But then later when I loaded a new game, the red palate was still there, so I just use that now.

Thank you for the answer. Would you mind telling me how you set that up? If you don't mind of course, you can PM if you don't want to clog up the topic with it.

On my end, I don't think that the E4 is going to be very difficult in Black 2. I'm literally twenty-two levels over what I expected to be. I can't see how I can fail this without a horrible, horrible spree of badluck.
Spoiler:

With that in mind, I'm kind of tempted to just go ahead and fly back for round 2 when I do this tomorrow. I don't see it being any more of a challenge, but, it might be fun to mash A.

I think I'm going to skip round 2 since I don't really see a point to it. Unless someone really wants to see it I'll just finish round 1 and call it done so I can move on to breeding for Pokemon Y. Anyway, here we go! I'll be mashing A very quickly for the motherland.
Spoiler:

It's at this moment that I've been through too many battles and that a lot more of them than I'd like to admit have been long drawn out triple battles that I have no control over because I have to wait for my HM slaves to die. Also I forgot to deposit them again, doh! ~_~
Spoiler:

With that in mind though I've completed the game. I'm really happy, Black 2 was a lot of fun. I just wish there was a lot less triple battles. I think Black/White 1 are the superior games to solo run for this reason, but, I can't really not recommend Black/White 2 either though. Onto Y, I just need a damn Torchic egg....
Spoiler:

also ignore the really badly edited in Blaziken, I wanted to capture it in the hall of fame but I dropped my controller and barely had enough time to just get a blank screenshot. Sorry ;-;

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Let's do a new solo! Blue, and I believe we're on Tentacruel? Almost halfway through the Pokedex! Tentacruel is number 74/151! although this will be 31/80 solos. man why are all the 3 stagers at the beginning of the dex to skew these numbers...

Done.
ff83da2fb5.png
8367b2cb74.png

Last edited:

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #2: Vaporeon - Platinum
Vaporeon practically OHKO'd every Elite Four Pokémon, so it went quite 'swimmingly'.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
134.png

Tau the Lonely Vaporeon (M) @ Lv.89
Ability: Water Absorb
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Return
Surf

Next sign-up:
Username: Buzz Buzz
Pokémon: Venusaur
Challenge: Single
Game: Leaf Green

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2015
I'll sign up again since I got X. But I will use a new pokemon
Username: Coolrayblue
Pokemon of Choice: Vaporeon (randomized)
Game(s):Fire Red, Heartgold, Ruby, Platinum, Black 2, X

Edit: sorry was being stupid and forgot that I can't get dusknoir pre gen-4

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
GDI just realized I did Tentacruel solo twice....

Rapidash time. I hate fire types. Dis type coverage. Also, from now on, I'll be using the Universal Pokemon Randomizer to just give myself the starter Pokemon. Makes things easier on me.

Spoiler:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
GDI just realized I did Tentacruel solo twice....

Rapidash time. I hate fire types. Dis type coverage. Also, from now on, I'll be using the Universal Pokemon Randomizer to just give myself the starter Pokemon. Makes things easier on me.

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back