• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
My Blaziken run is in both the Single Challengers and Champions lists under RSE. Could you take it out of the challengers list. This error was there before you became owner again, so it's not an error on your part. :p

And Lugia, Ho-Oh, and Celebi are in the GSC challengers list. Could you remove them as I've completed them on HG.

Anyways, congrats on being the owner again. :)
Sorry about that, fixed it and it's good to be back :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 17, 2015
Hey trainers!

I have just started to play a mudkip only run on pokemon emerald! (The most nostalgic game in the world for me.) It's been great fun so far and I'm uploading a video a day at the moment. It'd really help if you guys could come check me out and watch a couple episodes or even drop a comment and give me any advice or feedback (:

Thanks in advance! <3
This is my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmxpXXz9gLfN_KUNZr25E8A (I'm not allowed a channel custom URL until I get 500 subs! >:()

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #2: Butterfree - Gold
So as you might be able to tell, I'm no longer Buzz Buzz, but Hann now. A name-change was probably long overdue, well see if this one sticks.
Butterfree is a 'meh' Pokémon to me, always has been, and the shallow movepool all Pokémon have in G/S/C doesn't really help. I'm also not happy with the awful nickname it has, but it'll have to do.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
12.png

Bugsy the Butterfree (M) @ Lv.58
Return
Stun Spore
Gust
Psybeam

Years
Completed Camerupt solo on Sapphire- this was really a challenge - I normally don't care about natures- but 70 speed? Everything outsped him - For the first time in ages I had to use x speed >_<

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

323.gif

Cameron|Male|Sassy Nature|Magma Armor|Lvl 62|@Soft Sand
Rock Slide
Take Down
Eruption
Earthquake

Groudon completed on Ruby - not much to say about this one- Legendary=Easy sweep through the game.

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

383.gif

Continent|Genderless|Serious Nature|Drought|Lvl 57|@Soft Sand
Slash
Fire Blast
AncientPower
Earthquake

Last edited:
Years
Hey guys!

Been reading a lot of these posts and it's finally inspired me to get off my bum and try it. I've been playing Pokemon for years yet I've never done these challenges. So here's my sign up thing:

Username: djbestyz
Partner Pokemon: Dragonite (Will start off with a Dratini and evolve him...The bond's stronger that way)
Challenge: Single
Game: Fire Red

Now...LET'S DO THIS

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #3: Butterfree - Gold
Next update will be Kanto and Red, so it'll be finished soon. As you can see I'm still rocking Stun Spore :) but once I get to certain places in Kanto I can complete my moveset.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
12.png

Bugsy the Butterfree (M) @ Lv.65
Return
Stun Spore
Gust
Psybeam

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Damn I just have 2 rows of challenges done in RBY. How about Slowbro then.

Spoiler:

Edit: Ugh next is Magneton. This is going to suck...

In other news, I took a look at the list of champions, and counted up the number of solos that some of the... more ambitious people have done. I came up with:

1. Kingdom of Tea: 63
2. AoTora: 49
3. Volga: 37 + an ult, for a total of 43
4. Buzz Buzz: 37
5. Myrrhman: 35
6. Echoing Song: 33

Good work, guys. (Note, this is just since the last update. I know some of us (myself included), have done some more solos since then.)

Last edited:
Years
Completed Kingdra solo on Crystal- I still hate Red's snorlax >_>

I lost the hall of fame picture and when I got back to Mt. Silver Red was already gone :(

Red, where art thou?
Spoiler:

Final stats:

230.gif

Ariel|Female|Lvl 77|@Dragon Fang
Surf
DragonBreath
Twister
Waterfall

Also completed this on Crystal today- It was waaay easier than I expected it to be O.o

Red, you were waay too easy to beat xD
Spoiler:

Final stats:

198.gif

Elmo|Male|Lvl 76|@Amulet Coin
Fly
Shadow Ball
Faint Attack
Night Shade

Last edited:
Years
Beheeyem completed on white 2 - this one was interesting to say at least - She evolved pretty late and she had pretty bad movepool- I got hidden power that ended up being poison out of all the types I could get but it worked out in the end <3

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

606.gif

E.T.|Female|Serious Nature|Telephaty|Lvl 78|@TwistedSpoon
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Psyshock
Calm Mind

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
Years
Completed my solo runs!

nidoking.gif

Devastator the Nidoking
Spoiler:

clefable.gif

Alien the Clefable
Spoiler:

ninetales.gif

Robin Hood the Ninetales
Spoiler:

wigglytuff.gif

Miley C the Wigglytuff
Spoiler:

golbat.gif

Fatbat the Golbat
Spoiler:

vileplume.gif

Weed the Vileplume
Spoiler:

New 6 Sign-Ups:

Username: Lehtot
Pokémon: Parasect, Venomoth, Dugtrio, Persian, Golduck, Primeape
Game: Blue

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2022
I've never tried a solo run before but it seems pretty cool and I think I'll give it a try! We'll see how this goes...

Username: Blaziken42205
Partner Pokemon: Kabutops
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): LeafGreen, Silver, Ruby, Pearl, White, X

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Hit up Dodrio. Having Drill Peck instead of Swords Dance and Tri Attack instead of Slash made no difference from Farfetchd. Rock Types still took like 3 turns to kill, everything else got one shot as usual.

Spoiler:

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #4: Butterfree - Gold
Woohoo, another one finished. I completed the moveset with Giga Drain as soon as I defeated Erika and I got rid of Stun Spore, which did come in handy a few times.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
12.png

Bugsy the Butterfree (M) @ Lv.82
Item: Focus Band
Return
Giga Drain
Gust
Psychic

Next sign-up:
Username: Hann
Pokémon: Zapdos
Game: Sapphire

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
How's it going everyone, I'm just updated the OP and fixed some things which got me wondering. What do you all think of revives, should they be allowed or not?

Personally, I don't think they should be allowed because this is a solo challenge and using revives takes away from that. If the Pokemon you're soloing the game with faints I feel it should count as a white/black out even if you have your HM slaves in your party and you should let them faint as well. Now of course if this change is made we would have no way of knowing if anyone follows it, but I guess we're just going to have to trust each other.

My reason for asking you all is because I don't feel like I can make such a big change to the challenge without seeing how much people agree or disagree with it. So everyone, feel free to let me know what you think. If no one replies to oppose this change in say, a week or two, I will definitely make the change.

Last edited:

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
How's it going everyone, I'm just updated the OP and fixed some things which got me wondering. What do you all think of revives, should they be allowed or not?

Personally, I don't think they should be allowed because this is a solo challenge and using revives takes away from that. If the Pokemon you're soloing the game with faints I feel it should count as a white/black out even if you have your HM slaves in your party and you should let them faint as well. Now of course if this change is made we would have no way of knowing if anyone follows it, but I guess we're just going to have to trust each other.

My reason for asking you all is because I don't feel like I can make such a big change to the challenge without seeing how much people agree or disagree with it. So everyone, feel free to let me know what you think. If no one replies to oppose this change in say, a week or two, I will definitely make the change.
Hmm, my first thought was "this isn't needed at all and I'm not sure why you'd make such a change, because I see no use for it". I gave myself some time before I replied though, and I've since changed my mind :)
Revives might come in handy if you're an inexperienced (solo-)challenger or if you're using a really though Pokémon (like Weedle, Ditto, etc.). Though you do have a variety of items and sometimes just attaching that Oran Berry or Poison Barb (or ...) can help a lot.
The only thing I might find it useful for is X and Y, because I use bred Pokémon and I have no way of trading eggs, my Pokémon receive boosted exp. This results in them getting a huge level boost and because they're traded they follow the 'won't obey 'till certain gym badge'-rule. Because of the 'huge' gap between the first and second gym, and because I'm a stickler for always defeating all the trainers, they usually end up not obeying me for Grant. This isn't that annoying when it's like a Primeape because it resists Rock and is super-effective against Ice and Rock, but when it's a Pidgeotto it becomes near impossible (I just end up facing Grant like 20 times till I can get a lucky break and manage to land a few hits + I stock up on potions). It can be avoided, but I usually only think about avoiding a few trainers ;-; when it's already too late.
Personally I don't think I'll use Revives, because I'm used to finding other ways to defeat nearly impossible battles, but I guess it's alright if the option is there (If I ever try to do a Weedle X solo run :P )

Years
Suicune completed on Crystal - I enjoyed this one - though Red's snorlax was a pain to defeat D: It literally came down to him struggling >_>

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

245.gif

Kiyoshi|Genderless|Lvl 65
Bite
Rain Dance
Surf
Aurora Beam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back