• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
A quick question, I have Perfect Soul Silver and Blaze Black 2 and a fire red/emerald mod, the issue is that these mods have modfied movesets/learnsets for the pokemon (i.e some pokemon can learn sheer cold that normally cant, a overheat and zap cannon dragonite etc.) If I want to participate on this challenge and want to try ultimate, is it allowed?

In my opinion I would say that modified pokemon movesets that aren't in that generation specifically would only count as a Hack challenge and not an ultimate. Just my opinion though, I know some people would argue that the actual gameplay isn't modified so it wouldn't matter but OP movesets = easier game.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Forgot to sign-up on the last post I made, but I meant to say I would be doing Victreebel on Ruby next.

Update #1: Victreebel - Ruby
I've never really liked Victreebel, but it's not so bad. Its moveset could be a lot better, but I'm managing.

Screens:
Spoiler:
Team:
weepinbell.png

Sarra the Naive Weepinbell (F) @ Lv.42
Ability: Chlorophyll
Razor Leaf
Acid
Thief
Poisonpowder

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
A quick question, I have Perfect Soul Silver and Blaze Black 2 and a fire red/emerald mod, the issue is that these mods have modfied movesets/learnsets for the pokemon (i.e some pokemon can learn sheer cold that normally cant, a overheat and zap cannon dragonite etc.) If I want to participate on this challenge and want to try ultimate, is it allowed?

It's allowed. Pretty much any game that features the same region and for the most part the plot stays the same is perfectly fine for ultimate challenges :)

Also sorry for the late reply, haven't been on the passed couple days as I've been busy with school.

Last edited:
Years
Username: Drackos_Flare
Partner Pokemon: Raikou
Challenge: Ultimate
Games: Leaf Green > Soul Silver > Emerald > Platinum > White 2 > Y

You're probably thinking, "oh boy a legendary your gonna sweep every game easy" But Raikou isn't as good as you might think. Ampharos matches its Sp. Atk as 115, Jolteon a close 110. He only starts with Bite and leer, Learning Thundershock at Lv 8 then his next special STAB move Discharge at 57.

Quick thing, When I start posting my updates here I wont be able to post any pictures. (Your first 5 Posts cant have any links). I hope that's ok.

SonicZ16

Blazing Attacker
Years
I've been doing challenges for quite a while now, finally signing up for one! Here's mine:

Username: SonicZ16
Partner Pokemon: Blaziken
Games: FireRed, HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum, White, Y

Edit Oct. 12, 2015: Changing White 2 to White. Can I do that? If not, I could still play White 2 if I have to.

Last edited:
Years
Update 1:

-Badges: 4

Raikou - Lv45
Item: Black Glasses

Moves-

Bite
Quick Attack
Spark
Thundershock

Just beat the Pokemon Tower at Lavender, Heading to Fuchsia via Cycling Road.

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
Got 3 more badges out of the way tonight. Morty was just bite everything. Chuck was a pain and took two tries because I forgot my Chople Berry for Focus Punch. I also had to teach Shadow Ball to Cerberus because I wouldn't have had a move that would have hit for neutral damage.

Badges 6/16

229.gif

Cerberus/Female/Early Bird/Level 38
-Fire Fang
-Faint Attack
-Ember
-Shadow Ball​

SonicZ16

Blazing Attacker
Years
An update! Playing FireRed first, I'm on Cinnabar Island just about to go in to the Mansion. Well, that's where I WOULD be, but... I noticed I completely skipped Sabrina on accident. So now I'm running through Silph Co.!

Here's most of what happened up to this point, for those of you that are interested.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Username: Alex Taylor
Partner Pokemon: Swampert
Game(s): LeafGreen, Crystal, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black, X

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #2: Victreebel - Ruby
Another one completed. I don't know how many I've done already. I guess I'm close to fifty? I should check that sometime.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Video:
Spoiler:

victreebel.png

Sarra the Naive Victreebel (F) @ Lv.73
Ability: Chlorophyll
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Thief
Slam

Next sign-up:
Username: Hann
Pokémon: Absol
Challenge: Single
Game: Ruby

SonicZ16

Blazing Attacker
Years
Finished FireRed last night at around 7:30 PM. I was a little too busy to post about it right away, but here I am. I'll probably start HeartGold today, if not, tommorow for sure.

And again, the little details are here:
Spoiler:
And that's that. I never expected my worst enemy to be not Bulky Psychic, or Water Types, (Don't get me wrong, they were still scary) but Intimidate. Oh boy... This is just the beginning of how much I'm going to hate that darned ability after I'm finished with these games.

Years
Didn't post this sooner due to busy IRL stuff.

Beat Kanto, Giovanni ended up being a huge wall, lost to him 5 times. Funny thing is I kept losing because Poison Point.
Raikou's moves ended up being Crunch, Bite, Spark, and Thunder.

One thing I didn't think of when I signed up for this challenge is that I can't get a Raikou in X or Y. Can this Leafgreen run count as a Single Challenge even though I signed up for a Ultimate?

SonicZ16

Blazing Attacker
Years
Finally started HeartGold. Finished the first 2 Gyms, saved in Ilex Forest.

...Nothing much happened, really. I probably won't need a spoiler this update.
  • Used a program to change Cyndaquil to Torchic
  • Same as before, named myself Aaron
  • Got through all of the intro stuff, Named Rival Lyon
  • Destroyed Sprout Tower
  • Flamberge evolves into a Combusken after Gym trainers are defeated
  • Falkner Sweep
  • Tore through Union Cave and Slowpoke Well
  • Bugsy Sweep
  • 2nd Rival battle is won with ease

Years
~Completed Hariyama on Ruby~

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

297.gif

Erin|Male|Sassy Nature|Guts|Lvl 60|@Lax Incense
Strength
Earthquake
Vital Throw
Bulk Up

SonicZ16

Blazing Attacker
Years
This HeartGold run seems to be going slower than FireRed, despite it being much easier... Maybe it's because I don't have as much time as I did a few days ago... Anyway, update time.

• Taught Headbutt via Move Tutor, Erasing Scratch
  • Whitney Sweep (Though I was surprisingly hit once, due to her Miltank managing to OUT-SPEED A LEVEL 29 COMBUSKEN.)
  • Fought all the Trainers along the way, and got to Ecruteak City
  • Lyon Sweep, finished Burned Tower
  • Morty's Gengar proves too difficult to beat with Peck and Ember, got 2HKO'd.
  • Used Route 38's Trainers to evolve Flamberge into a Blaziken
  • Morty Sweep (Good ol' Blaze Kick.)
  • Saved at Lighthouse

Years
Completed a few more solos in White 2 ^^

Spoiler:

553.png

Sasha, Timid, Moxie, lv. 82 @Lucky Egg
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Aerial Ace
-Outrage​

Spoiler:

593.png

Pringles, Modest, Water Absorb, lv. 83 @Lucky Egg
-Surf
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Ice Beam​

Spoiler:

576.png

Leipzig, Modest, Frisk, lv. 81 @Twisted Spoon
-Psyshock
-Thunderbolt
-Signal Beam
-Shadow Ball​

Also a new sign up:
Username: Kostucha
Partner Pokémon: Clefable
Games: Red, Crystal, Sapphire, Platinum, White 2, X

SonicZ16

Blazing Attacker
Years
Got a bit more time to play today, hopefully I finish Johto by tomorrow.

The events:
Spoiler:
And since I figured I should bring more to these updates, I'll start showing the current status from now on! ^^

Flamberge
Lv. 49
Spr_4d_257_m.png

Nature: Naughty
Holding Shell Bell

Brave Bird
Double Kick
Blaze Kick
Slash​
HM Slaves:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I found an online Red Randomizer that lets you add any pokemon into the game - any pokemon from all 6 gens that is. So I decided to try it out for solo runs- I randomized the starters and got Bulbasaur, something that was already fully evolved but I forgot what it was and a Golett- I never ever used Golett before so I did it - It was so much fun! The only drawback was that it only knew Pound for good chunk of the beginning of the game so we went down to struggle many times :/

The trainer's pokemon were all the same- the only different ones were static ones because I remember encountering a wild moltres where it should be something marowak~

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

623.gif

Shrek|Lvl 75
Ice Beam
Psychic
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Also did Vanilluxe on Red- He is an interesting mon to use for sure- even though I had to overlevel him for Brock because he literally knew just tackle up to level 30+ >_<

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

584.gif

Vanilla|Lvl 68
Tri Attack
Rest
Blizzard
Ice Beam

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.