• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Update #2: Flygon Solo on Soul Silver

I left off on Route 40 and got a lot accomplishedc in one day. The first thing that we did was finish off the Trainer's on Route 40 and then went and beat both Eusine and Chuck in Cianwood City and then we got the secretpotion from the doctor. Aero flew us back to Olivine City where we fought and beat all of the trainers in the Lighthouse and Aero evolved from a Vibrava into a Flygon and he learnt Dragon Claw upon evolving which replaced Quick Attack. We also gave the secretpotion to the Ampharos and the fought Jasmine for our sixth badge. After that we flew back to Mahogany Town, went to the Lake of Rage and caught the Shiny Gyrados, completly destroyed the Team Rocket Hideout and then beat Pryce for our seventh badge. After Pryce we decided to go East to get out final Gym Badge in Blackthorn City but first we took care of Team Rocket, yet again, in Goldenrod City and saved the President. We then went back to Mahoganey Town to pass through the Ice Path and we got the HM for Waterfall. We then arrived in Blackthron City and Aero couldn't have been happier finally seeing other Dragon type Pokemon and as expected the eigth Gym was a breeze given Flygon's Dragon typing, Dragon Claw and that he was 16 levels about Claire's ace Kindgra. Claire then decided to be stubborn and not give us the badge so we went to the Drago Shrine and spoke to her grandfather who gave us an Extremespeed Dratini and then Claire gave us our eigth Johto badge as well as Dragon Pulse which Aero didn't want to learn. After that, Aero and I decided to head home and speak to Professor Elm and he gave us the Masterball and told us to go see (read fight and oneshot) the Kimono Girls. After that Aero and I flew back to New Bark Town and Surfed east towards Route 27 which also marked our first steps in the Kanto region. We then travelled and battled our way up to Victory Road and once inside we fought our rival at the end and beat his team with a combination of Crunch, Dragon Claw and Fly. Once through Victory Road we were inside the Indigo Plateau ready and eager to face the Elite Four.

Here is the breakdown of the Elite Four:
Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
330.png

Aero the Adamant Flygon (M) @ Lv.65
Ability: Levitate
Fly
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

HM the Wooper(M) @ Level 6
194.png

Surf
Whirlpool
Headbutt
Rock Smash

HM the Bellsprout (M) @ Level 6
69.png

Cut
Flash

Shuckie the Shuckle @ Level 20 (from Cianwood City)
213.png

Strength

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Username: Aldeza
Partner Pokemon: Kabutops
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Heart Gold

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Username: Aldeza
Partner Pokemon: Kabutops
Game(s): Heart Gold

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
Hey, I wanted to start another ultimate run soon, however, I kind of ran into a predicament. I want to do a run with my favorite legendary Pokemon, Mewtwo. This could work up to generation 5, however, I fail to see how it would be possible without extreme annoyance in X/Y. Would someone with any experience with hacking or cheating in those games give me some knowledge on how I could get a controllable Mewtwo in that game?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I'm glad to see that I've finally been entered into the first post! That must have been a pain.

Also, I'm sorry that I don't follow the sign up rules, I typically do the run, then post about it.

Latest run: https://imgur.com/a/tULbc

Wigglytuff: Randomized Emerald

Years
Update #2: Flygon Solo on Soul Silver

I left off on Route 40 and got a lot accomplishedc in one day. The first thing that we did was finish off the Trainer's on Route 40 and then went and beat both Eusine and Chuck in Cianwood City and then we got the secretpotion from the doctor. Aero flew us back to Olivine City where we fought and beat all of the trainers in the Lighthouse and Aero evolved from a Vibrava into a Flygon and he learnt Dragon Claw upon evolving which replaced Quick Attack. We also gave the secretpotion to the Ampharos and the fought Jasmine for our sixth badge. After that we flew back to Mahogany Town, went to the Lake of Rage and caught the Shiny Gyrados, completly destroyed the Team Rocket Hideout and then beat Pryce for our seventh badge. After Pryce we decided to go East to get out final Gym Badge in Blackthorn City but first we took care of Team Rocket, yet again, in Goldenrod City and saved the President. We then went back to Mahoganey Town to pass through the Ice Path and we got the HM for Waterfall. We then arrived in Blackthron City and Aero couldn't have been happier finally seeing other Dragon type Pokemon and as expected the eigth Gym was a breeze given Flygon's Dragon typing, Dragon Claw and that he was 16 levels about Claire's ace Kindgra. Claire then decided to be stubborn and not give us the badge so we went to the Drago Shrine and spoke to her grandfather who gave us an Extremespeed Dratini and then Claire gave us our eigth Johto badge as well as Dragon Pulse which Aero didn't want to learn. After that, Aero and I decided to head home and speak to Professor Elm and he gave us the Masterball and told us to go see (read fight and oneshot) the Kimono Girls. After that Aero and I flew back to New Bark Town and Surfed east towards Route 27 which also marked our first steps in the Kanto region. We then travelled and battled our way up to Victory Road and once inside we fought our rival at the end and beat his team with a combination of Crunch, Dragon Claw and Fly. Once through Victory Road we were inside the Indigo Plateau ready and eager to face the Elite Four.

Here is the breakdown of the Elite Four:
Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Years
Final Update: Flygon Solo on Soul Silver

In the last update we defeated the Elite Four and set foot in Kanto. Right after I posted that I decided to keep playing and managed to beat both Lt. Surge and Sabrina but decided to put all of the Kanto Gym Leaders in a single update. Ever since I picked up the Amulet Coin, I let Aero hold it so by the time I was ready to rematch the Elite Four I had nearly 500,000 to spend on Items and Poke Balls. Aero was overleveled again and just OHKO'd every single Pokemon unless he he got Intimidated or outsped due to a priority move. I caught an Articuno to use as Blizzard fodder against Red's Lapras and Snorlax and I also taught it Sandstorm to try to get rid of the hail but it kept on fainting before I could use Sandstorm so I just eventually beat Red with Aero even though I had to use about 10 revives to outlast the multiple Blizzards from Lapras, Snorlax and Blastoise. I decided to rematch the Elite Four after beating Red since I never beat him during my only other playthrough of HGSS a few years back. The Elite Four Rematch was also pretty much OHKO after OHKO except for Will's Grumpig which survived a Crunch with a sliver of health left and then used Reflect. So this marks the end of my Solo Flygon run on Soul Silver and it has been a blast.

Next up is Platinum which I'll probably start at some point next week.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
330.png

Aero the Adamant Flygon (M) @ Lv.98 (Was Level 92 after the Elite Four Rematch and then I used my 6 Rare Candies)
Ability: Levitate
Item: Muscle Band
Fly
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

HM the Wooper(M) @ Level 6
194.png

Surf
Whirlpool
Headbutt
Rock Smash

HM the Bellsprout (M) @ Level 6
69.png

Cut
Flash

Shuckie the Shuckle @ Level 20 (from Cianwood City)
213.png

Strength

Onix the Onix @ Level 42
95.png

Rock Climb

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 25, 2016
Username: Lord Cloud
Partner Pokemon: Machamp
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Fire Red, Heart Gold, Emerald, Platinum, Black, X

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #2: Raticate - Leaf Green
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
20.png

Nora the Modest Raticate (F) @ Lv.88
Ability: Guts
Return
Thief
Thunderbolt
Hyper Fang

Update #1: Charizard - Black
As soon as I complete this one (and the Mr.Mime on X) I'll start a Charizard solo on X to complete the list for Charizard.

Screens:

Spoiler:

Team:
6.png

Jason the Timid Charizard (M) @ Lv.37
Ability: Blaze
Scratch
Dragon Rage
Flame Burst
Wing Attack

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Name: ThePokePanda
Partner: Poliwag
Game: FireRed

Update #1- Poliwag - FireRed
Beat Brock The Gym Leader
View attachment 76093
Poliwag evolved into Poliwhirl
Beat Misty The Gym Leader
View attachment 76094

Update #2 - Poliwag - FireRed
Beat Electric Gym
View attachment 76103
Beat Grass Gym
View attachment 76104
Beat Poison Gym
View attachment 76105
Beat Psychic Gym
View attachment 76106
Beat Fire Gym
View attachment 76107
Beat Ground Gym
View attachment 76108

Update Final - Poliwag - FireRed
Beat Elite Four
View attachment 76109
View attachment 76110
View attachment 76111
View attachment 76112
Beat Gary
View attachment 76113
Became Champion
View attachment 76114

Final stats
View attachment 76117
Poliwhirl Lvl 75
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves:
Body Slam
Surf
Ice Beam
Water Pulse

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Finished Ultimate Remoraid Challenge! ^^
Whew, this was pretty interesting. It wasn't easy, but I enjoyed it a lot :). Sometimes it involved lots of grinding (had to get to level 48 to beat Elesa, otherwise her pokemon kept outspeeding me and OHKOing, even with eviolite). Once I had to rebattle Cynthia, because instead of pressing FN + Print Screen after defeating her, I pressed FN + Break, closing emulator {XD} and forcing me to rebattle her. Somehow she was harder next time >.>. So yeah, Hall of Fames and final stats:

Leaf Green:
Spoiler:

Crystal:
Spoiler:

Ruby:
Spoiler:

Platinum:
Spoiler:

White 2:
Spoiler:

X:
Spoiler:

No new ultimate sign-up for now, but I have a few ideas, so I might post one in near time.

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #1: Mr.Mime - X
The only annoying thing about this solo is the moveset I have right now, everytime I encounter a Dark type Pokémon I have to Double Slap it, and the damage isn't really that great.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
mr._mime.gif

Bozo the Gentle Mr.Mime (M) @ Lv.48
Ability: Soundproof
Double Slap
Psybeam
Psychic
Reflect

Years
Completed Electrode on FR- Can we just talk about how many times can that coconut tree hit sleep powder? It literally stalled me out of all of my pp so I had to relay on luck for Blastoise and Arcanine >_>

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

101.gif

Thundaball|Genderless|Gentle Nature|Static|Lvl 74
Hidden Power [I think that it was steel one but I am not 100% sure]
Rollout
Thunderbolt
Swift

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #2: Charizard - Black
Charizard is a fun Pokémon to solo with, as always. I'm a bit sad I've almost completed every game with it. Oh, and as usual I'll be doing the Elite Four twice, just to defeat Alder as well.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
6.png

Jason the Timid Charizard (M) @ Lv.73
Slash
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Air Slash

Next sign-up:
Username: Hann
Pokémon: Zapdos
Game: Red

Years
Username: Spartacus
Partner Pokemon: Walrein
Game(s): Emerald

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd complete!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #3: Charizard - Black
I was a bit overleveled, but I couldn't quite remember the rematch levels. The only thing I did remember was Marshall's annoying Sturdy Sawk with Stone Edge, so I had to be a high level just to live one.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
6.png

Jason the Timid Charizard (M) @ Lv.100
Item: Leftovers
Slash
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Air Slash

Update #2: Mr.Mime - X
I couldn't sleep last night and I only had the Elite Four and Champion left. I did have to get Mr. Mime to level 98 before I could defeat Wikstrom. I had to give Mr. Mime a Magnet and in the end I got quite lucky with a crit on the Aegislash. I don't know if it really mattered, but I'm wasn't complaining. (Even after completing the solo I couldn't sleep quite yet, so I checked out a few new friend safari's I got, just to see what kind of Pokémon were in there. I almost woke everyone up when I found a Shiny Electrode on the 3rd encounter :) )

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
mr._mime.gif

Bozo the Gentle Mr.Mime (M) @ Lv.100
Ability: Soundproof
Item: Magnet
Energy Ball
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Dazzling Gleam

Next sign-up:
Username: Hann
Pokémon: Charizard
Challenge: Single (But I do believe I'll have finished every gen with Charizard once I complete this one, so it'll be an ultimate by then, if you want I can link all the Charizard posts once I finish this one)
Game: X

Years
Leaf Green Lugia Solo Run Update One/Final

Spoiler:

tumblr_inline_nswnksyRJB1ry6iyw_540.png

Leaf Green done~
Crystal time!​

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
It's been a long time since I did a challenge and a solo run sounds fun! Looking forward to getting started ^_^

Username: Andrew
Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir
282.gif

Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Fire Red - SoulSilver - Alpha Sapphire - Platinum - Black 2 - Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back