• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Curse of Hogwarts (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Ramsey holds a deep competitive respect for Richard Drakenguard, the top chaser for the Hufflepuff team, who Ravenclaw lost to in his fifth year for the inner-house cup. Ramsey vows that one day he will hit the Hufflepuff boy so hard, he will fly through his own team's goalpost.

Awh, you even added him to your history! A bludger and a chaser. I can definitely see some friendly rivalry between them :3 Looking forward to it!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Name: Aya Joanie Spina Kingsfoil

Curse: Aya's curse manifests as an apparent allergy to magic. When she is affected by a spell, her body reacts in odd ways, sometimes in a way similar to the intended effect, but more often she reacts in a chaotic and unexpected manner. This ranges from sneezing, to suddenly teleporting a short distance, to turning lavender (in color and scent), to burping bubbles. She suffers these side effects 99% of the time she is targeted by magic, and roughly 50% of the time she tries to cast magic. Needless to say, this has made her studies a good deal more difficult. Luckily, she needs to be directly affected or casting a spell to trigger the curse, or she would never survive in a magic-rich environment like Hogwarts. The ambient magic only triggers mild reactions, and very rarely.
Your SU is great, but the curse is a bit too unspecific, imo. Could you try to think of a way to narrow it down to become a bit less "metronome" if you know what I mean? Like, have the opposite of the intended effect happen instead, or have something more specific happening than "chaotic and unexpected". :)

STARDU5T;8446462[B said:
Name: [/B]Ramsey Mayrick
It's all good so you are accepted into the 6th year and Ravenclaw. I'm just curious, the curse always picks an item that he owns?

reading other SUs in due time~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
faMbzyA.jpg

Chelsea Summer

Date Of Birth: March 15th

Appearance: Chelsea Summer stands at a height of about 5'0 even with piercing blue eyes. She has a somewhat pale skin complexion, which is offset by her orange hair. She generally keeps her long hair down, letting it fall loose down to the middle of her back. Her bangs generally frame the sides of her face, with a few small strands hanging loose. Regardless of how she styles it, Chelsea always wears a thin, white clip in her hair.

In terms of clothing, Chelsea's style always varies depending on the time of day and where she's located. When in class, she tends to wear a gray, pleated skirt with black, knee-high stockings and dress shoes. A white, button-up blouse is generally worn for her top with a red and yellow stripped tie worn around her neck. Chelsea offsets this look with the traditional, black Hogwarts robe, complete with the Gryffindor emblem stitched on the front. When not dressed for classes, Chelsea dresses in a relaxed, yet somewhat still fashionable style. She tends to still wear skirts, usually black in color, with a pair of matching stockings and shoes. Her tops are usually purple in color, her favorites being in the style of sweaters or turtlenecks. Regardless of her style, Chelsea always wears a pair of silver, hooped earrings in her ears.

Personality: When getting to know Chelsea, many may think that she has been sorted into the wrong house. She can come off as a bit of a snob, often seeing herself better than those she attends classes with. She tends to put herself and what things she may want before others, and has even often been known to bend the truth and manipulate others to get what she wants, even to the point where some will be tricked into doing her homework for her. With a short fuse, it does not take much to get on Chelsea's nerves. In particular, it seems that those who are Muggle-born and first year students bother her the most.

Despite all this, Chelsea is actually quite talented and knowledgeable in regards to wizardry. She simply prefers to put her efforts and talents into a more hands-on approach. The thought of learning and practicing new spells and magic easily excites her, and the thought of one day using her skills to become a top graduate from Hogwarts constantly invades her dreams and desires. Chelsea also has a secret soft spot for cute things and Quidditch matches, although she would never dare to admit it herself.

Ancestry: Pure-blood

History: Chelsea had the extreme pleasure of being born into the Summer family of jolly old London, England. While Chelsea's father was a Brit, born and raised, her mother was an immigrant from Japan. Both of her parents came from a long line of wizards and to say they were prodigies of wizardry, both having studied at Hogwarts themselves. Neither of them were exactly secretive of their backgrounds when in the privacy of their home, so it was only natural that Chelsea would develop a strong interest in magic and the like when growing up as a child. Chelsea was born an only child to the two. Because of this, one could quite easily say that she was spoiled a bit while being brought up. Money was never really an issue in the Summer household, so there were not many times when Chelsea was forced to do without. In fact, there were even times she managed to manipulate her parents into giving her what she wanted. Despite all this however, she generally did love and care about her parents a great deal... which usually meant that she went a bit easier on them than others.

Chelsea grew up being quite popular among her peers and teachers when attending elementary school. She would often kiss up to the teachers of the school, working to get on their good side quick in order to further own exploitations of the adults. While it was not anything drastic, her behavior often aided in getting her an occasional point or two added to tests. She also managed to use her charms in order to get her fellow schoolmates to aid her with homework, sometimes even going as far as to get them to do it for her. Not all of her fellow students who attended the school were oblivious to Chelsea's actions. However rather than report her, they themselves kissed up to the girl, often doing favors for her in order for her to give them "assistance" with their homework and the like as well. Many would most likely see this as Chelsea being a bad student, though that would be far from the case. She was actually very knowledgeable in her subjects, mainly just seeing the homework as a bother to deal with herself... especially when she had better things to do.

Chelsea's parents often gave her miniature magic lessons while she was growing up. It was not any major sort of conjuring or the like. Rather, it involved more or less very simple tricks, such as levitating a book or something of the sort. Both of them were quite delighted that their daughter would show a great deal of promise and were more than thrilled when the day finally came for Chelsea to be enrolled in Hogwarts, much like they had in their youth. While Chelsea did not outright show it to her parents, she did have a bit of... distaste for the idea. By this point in her life, Chelsea had grown quite accustomed to her life back at home. She had friends and knew the people in her life well enough to know how to get what she want, when she wanted it. When she came to Hogwarts, it felt as if she was going to have begin life all over again from scratch... And that's just what she did.

It took a while, but Chelsea gradually began to make her marking into the hollowed halls of Hogwarts. Getting into a somewhat favorable position with such varied students was a bit difficult, but eventually the red-haired girl managed to worm her way into where she was comfortable. Now entering her fifth year as a student at the school of wizardry, Chelsea prepares herself for another year of comfort and smooth sailing.

House: Gryffindor

Curse: Chelsea's curse could be seen as a blessing for others, while being nothing but trouble for herself. The red-haired girl can hear and feel sad people's negative emotions. These feelings and sounds effect her overtime. The more she hears or feels, the more ill and/or tired Chelsea will become. The only way that she is able to deal with these ailments is to somehow manage to aid those with these feelings solve their problems and concerns.

Extra:

- Chelsea's wand is made of Holly Wood with a Unicorn tail hair core. It is seven inches in length.

- She has a pet, orange tabby cat with white paws. She affectionately dubbed the cat "Socks".

- Chelsea brags constantly about having a Japanese heritage from her mother's side, even going as far as to add on various synonyms for the people she meets and interacts with. She does not actually speak or know any Japanese of significance.

- Her best classes are Alchemy and Transfiguration.

- Chelsea despises the Sorting Hat, swearing up and down that he put her into Gryffindor as some kind of sick joke.

I will discuss in the OOC when I am about to write IC about the curse, so as to scout for other players who might be targets and get a feel OOC for what Chelsea could hear/feel IC and avoid godmodding.

Last edited:

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Errrrrrg I have to go work! But I wanna join D: please reserve me a spot if I may, I'll get to work on it later~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Back to school, back to Hogwarts! Sign me up!
Back to Hogwarts

Name: Odalys Verita//Birthday: May 12//Age: 15//Gender: Female​

Appearance: Being six feet tall with a lean built, she looks like a very vulnerable girl but makes that up with her mind. Her green eyes shine like emeralds and her black hair is as dark as night. She has a small pointed nose and she has odd big hands that look fat in her skinny built. She has high cheekbones and her eyelashes are pretty short, but her lips are split evenly. She obviously wears her house colors of gold and red and takes little pride in it though. Out of uniform, she will wear an orange shirt and skinny jeans. She wears her pendant that has a picture of her father but this thing also has a protection spell in it.

Ever since the curse, Odalys gained some built that changed her lean body and gray fur can be seen from her arms and legs. She doesn't smile because her sharp teeth are bound to scare any person. She usually wears handcuffs so that she can ease her need to attack people. She will always keep her eyes down so no one can see her eyes change. Frankly, the bags under her eyes look more menacing than her, and you can see tiny black scars across her neck.

Personality:
Spoiler:

Ancestry: Pure Blood

History:
Spoiler:

House: Gryffindor

Curse:
Spoiler:

Extra:
I like some parts, but the history... Is just too strange... Firstly - did they live in America or did her dad just talk about America? And while the chicken sister thing could definitely happen in the twisted Rowling world, you give no reason as to why the boyfriend's parents would want to KILL the sister.

It can be ok that she built a lil crappy wand :) but she should have bought a new one at a later stage probably.

And you seem to imply that muggles and wizardfolk lived in the same neighborhood and the muggles knew about the wizarding world? That could be totally ok actually! Since this is 30 years after the books and there are movements wanting to blend magic and non-magic people. Some communities could have achieved this half-officially already. Just remember that there is a difference between a muggle and a magic-born who can't do magic; there is a specific term for the latter which I can't remember atm.

So please look over your history a bit!

In general, I feel like I need to point out that the RP will start in the evening on September 1st. It is ok to plan ahead for what your curse will come to be and how you'll likely handle it, but at the start the curse will only just begin to manifest in the night after the welcoming dinner. Okay? :) so for example YALN needs to reconsider having her curse appear late. Waiting a day or so IC is ok though!

So many orphans and half-orphans, haha... What's wrong with a functional family, guys? :p

Years
Yes Doctor, Ramsey's curse only has things that he owns appear in his hand. I am thinking of refining that a bit more to things he owns at Hogwarts though, just to make things simpler. And that for letting us know exactly when the curses are going to go into effect, I was actually wondering that today. Ah, this will make things quite interesting....

As for dysfunctional families, I dunno why so many have messed up backgrounds. But messed up backgrounds = messed up characters, which always makes for good times!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I just feel like there's more of a chance of -at least- one parent being dead in the HP world, considering the amount of danger they face, compared to our boring old muggle-world :P Truth be told, I dunno why I wrote it as I did. When I start writing a history, stuff just sort of... comes to me, and I write it as it happens. *Shrug* Worked fine for me so far!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I really can't join because I'm pretty busy at the moment, but this looks really cool and I wish you guys luck!

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
She teaches Transformation
Isn't it Transfiguration, not Transformation...? XD

Actually, reading about the teachers and that one is an animagus reminded me. Would it be alright if Fitz is an animagus? I'm really only asking because in the RP I originally used her in, she was actually a cat, so I already have drawings of her as a cat from that RP; so it seemed kind of fitting if she were to be an animagus. But it doesn't really matter to me either way.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Doctor said:
She teaches Transfiguration
Fort is actually right about that. Although one must keep in mind from several of the SU's posted, how long it's been since the person has done something related to Harry Potter. Can't say the same for everyone else, but although I haven't read or written anything Harry Potter for a good year or two, just thinking about the Slytherin-Harry fics I've read is enough to draw a decent amount of writing material. Of course, it doesn't mean I can get that material across as well as some.

Years
Thats a good point Bastian, I would agree that wizards have a significantly higher chance of death, even with "he who shall not be named" no longer prowling about. And its the same for me with history. I just kinda go with it, and try to make it match the personality as best I can. Typically failing at it, but still trying!

And as for how long it has been since I have done anything Harry Potter related? Well, I have never done any RPs in it, and have not read the books since middle school, so about 6 years ago now? But my trusty friend wikipedia shall be my guide!

Years
Your SU is great, but the curse is a bit too unspecific, imo. Could you try to think of a way to narrow it down to become a bit less "metronome" if you know what I mean? Like, have the opposite of the intended effect happen instead, or have something more specific happening than "chaotic and unexpected". :)]

I'll admit, I let my creativity get away from me. Now she produces the opposite of the intended effect, or it just blows up in her face. Much more manageable, yeah?

Just remember that there is a difference between a muggle and a magic-born who can't do magic; there is a specific term for the latter which I can't remember atm.

I think the term is "Squib".

So many orphans and half-orphans, haha... What's wrong with a functional family, guys? :p

It increases the drama, like killing the Redshirts on Star Trek. In my case, it was the only way I could think of to bring a Muggle into the wizarding world without involving one of the groups devoted to merging the two worlds. Plus it lets me play the American in a UK setting, so we can still have a funny foreigner. XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Waaah. This afternoon I will really make time to sit down at a computer and go through the SUs, it's a mess to do it on the phone :p I might be in the lab until late, but night is as good a time as ever! Time to get this show on the road before too long :3

And yeah, Squib and Transfiguration are probably correct, thanks for the heads up! Remember, I read the books in Swedish and have found the English terms afterwards in one way or another so they don't always come natural to me. But since this is a pokémon forum and not a HP forum, I'd say it's perfectly fine to be vague and not know every detail of Hogwarts or spells and terms! Make up your own stuff or ask OOC first to see if there is an existing word for whatever you're going to write about next :3 As long as we're always helpful and not rude when someone (like me haha) isn't really an expert.

On the topic of animagus, I'm okay with Fitz being one if the other players are okay with it. I don't want more than one or two players being animagi because they seem to be pretty rare in the HP world.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
And yeah, Squib and Transfiguration are probably correct, thanks for the heads up! Remember, I read the books in Swedish and have found the English terms afterwards in one way or another so they don't always come natural to me.

That's like how I read them in danish, and I had to look up what a Chaser was called :P And I didn't know there was a term called 'charms'. I thought it was all just spells. But there you go!

On the topic of animagus, I'm okay with Fitz being one if the other players are okay with it. I don't want more than one or two players being animagi because they seem to be pretty rare in the HP world.

I'm totally okay with it. One of Drake's dreams is actually to become an animagus, like his mother and RIP-Father was. Did I mention that in the SU? Probably not, but that's what I'd envisioned :P Give him a sort of thing to strive for other than Quidditch.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
(Still in school/lab on phone)

By the way, how do you guys envision the outside and grounds of Hogwarts to look like? In the movies there has been two or three different versions and in the books I never got a clear understanding of it. How far is the quidditch area? How far to the forest? Is there a viaduct or bridge or whatitscalled or just big gates leading to Hogwarts grounds?

If you have pics or thoughts, please share them and we'll form a common view :) people who still haven't been "accepted" are free to chime in because from the quick glances I've had at your SUs you don't have much to worry about ;)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
At home! At laptop! REVIEW TIME.

Hopefully the editing I did cleared up some things.
Some things, but it is still confusing.

1) I still don't understand if they are living in the US or in UK. You say Colorado, but if they are in the US, why would she go to Hogwarts?

2) The story with the sister and the mother and the father's death is heart-gripping and fine :) But you don't mention anything about how she gets from the tragedy at the hospital at the age of 11 to Hogwarts at the age of 13. What happened in between there? You don't need to be detailed and write a novel about it, it's just a hole in her history that needs filling out.

And if you still choose to say that she didn't start until age of 13, would that mean that you intend for her to start her 2nd year at Hogwarts now, being 15?

3) Like I said, it's okay to have your curse start slowly, like you describe. But you can't plan ahead details of how it appears and how she attacks someone for the first time etc because that hasn't happened yet in the RP. We start on the evening of the very first schoolday at Hogwarts in the year 2030something. So you should write as if "this and this is probably going to be what the curse will be like" rather as a recollection of events that haven't happened yet.

Sorry for being picky, but things kind of need to make sense for this RP to hold together! :)

Name: Morrison Watson
Nice SU, I liked that you put in a line about the whole world knowing about magic and such! So far the only SU I've read that relates to the background story for the RP :p

Morrison is accepted into the 6th year and Slytherin.

Jasper Forrest
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
By the way, how do you guys envision the outside and grounds of Hogwarts to look like?
I've actually Rped in a Hogwarts based forum before, although I haven't been there in a long while. From what I remember, which may be inaccurate, as I'm the type of person who remembers stuff "better" than they actually were, but it was a pretty basic description. Like, there was likely a mention of corridors down so and so, but the core of the post was really what was going on with my character and the school. Interesting question though, gonna have to think back of what went through my head during those days.

Edit: Yeah, so I just stopped by the site I used to go to, and as nostalgic as it was, I very much prefer the way I write now. Can totally confirm now though, that all I really did was mention my character simply just passed through the corridors that would lead down to so and so. It's real amusing how little I used to be able to write.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back