• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Curse of Hogwarts (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Completed SU that will be rejected! Yay!

Name: William McConnahaugh
Spoiler:
Declined.

jk Raikiri is accepted as a scottish version of himself William in 5th year and Hufflepuff.

I take it you plan to be palsy with Basty's character since you're both in the same year and on Hufflepuff's quidditch team? Always read the other SUs, kids! :)

Like with Alby's curse, you need to chat OOC and make sure that it's okay whenever you plan to use THE EYE OF SEDUCTION on another player char. Unless everyone can agree right here right now that they are ok with Raikiri making their chars fall for William now and then xD

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Oh. It will be previously agreed upon. Trust me. I just think it would be for lulz from time to time.

And Bastian and I already spoke about being buddies. So we are. No worries. :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh. It will be previously agreed upon. Trust me. I just think it would be for lulz from time to time.

And Bastian and I already spoke about being buddies. So we are. No worries. :3
inb4 I make the Headmaster gay now. For the lulz. Oh wait, that's been done before...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 9, 2015
Hmm thinking bout a slytherin or ravenclaw whose curse will bring out the complete opposite emotion of whatever his current emotional state is, or have it just split his personality up so that one emotion over rides the others. Any advice or ideas I could use with this?

Last edited:
Years
Name: Mason Shillings
Birthday: The 3rd of July

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: If you saw Mason's most recent grades, you'd probably expect him to be the quiet, nerdy, well-behaved teachers dream. In some respects that's true, and in others that is about as far from the truth as you could possibly get.

Mason is indeed highly intelligent and a hard worker. He puts his all into everything and strives to be the best at pretty much everything he can. He's a member of the Ravenclaw quidditch team, a member of the duelling club and scores near the top of his class fairly consistently in most subjects. As you might expect he's a very confident person, sometimes even a bit cocky, but this is only one of the things that has contributed to a fairly negative image.

Blunt, frequently in trouble and with somewhat aggressive tendencies Mason is certainly not the friendliest person around. Few people form particularly close bonds with him for the the most part due to these more negative characteristics and an image that has unfortunately stuck with him since his earlier years of schooling. Truth be told though, Mason isn't such a bad person these days.

There was a time when Mason would go out of his way to pick fights and cause trouble, when he'd look down on others. Now though it is more likely he'll land himself detention for hexing someone who thinks it is okay to torment a first year. His blunt and sometimes harsh manner on top of his record for conflicts with people might (understandably) lead many to think of him as someone to be avoided but so long as you can get passed his brutal honesty and not get on his bad side Mason is very reliable and loyal and can be quite pleasant to talk to.

Above all else Mason is actually somewhat troubled, something his actions can sometimes make painfully obvious to those perceptive enough to realise it. Chief amongst his motivation is guilt for some of his past acts and anger directed inwardly.

Mason has a somewhat addictive personality and almost always has a mint in his mouth. Due to his aggressive nature, places on the quidditch team and in the dueling club and a rather obvious tendency to overwork himself Mason spends a fair bit of time in the hospital wing.

Ancestry: Pure-Blood

History: Martin was born to parents Martin and Eva not far outside the beachside town of Tinworth. Martin is a relatively high-ranking member of the Ministry of Magic's Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes whilst Eva is fairly notable wand maker (she made Mason's). An only child to fairly wealthy parents, Martin grew up in a fairly large and secluded house by the beach and was relatively spoiled by his affectionate but busy parents.

Mason had always had a bit of a rebellious streak in him, often sneaking out of the house late at night to walk along the beach or reading confidential papers from his father's desk, his parents never suspected what he might grow into and being guilty for their limited presence they did little to stop it. By the time he was eleven and had received his wand, he was already enjoying using his intellect to manipulate and bully others. The talent for magic he discovered fairly on in his schooling only added to this.

Throughout most of Mason's time in schooling he was the mean and arrogant kid who skipped classes and jinxed people for fun. He found amusement in the frustrations and sufferings of others and had a foul temper. Unsurprisingly he spent a lot of time in detentions with various teachers and was blacklisted for any positions of authority. He had no real friends, and few people wanted to be around him.

Things continued like this up until Mason's fourth year of schooling. Things started changing then, beginning on yet another detention. Mason had gotten on an older boys bad side and ended up sending him to the hospital wing. As a result he was forced to spend the remainder of that term reorganising supplies.

It was during one such detention that Mason met Clicky. The house elf, who had an annoying habit of Clicking his fingers continuously (hence the nickname), had been tasked with bringing new supplies into Mason for sorting. Mason tended to treat the elf rather cruelly, but for some reason this didn't deter the elf at all and they formed something of a "friendship". Mason would still be rather mean to Clicky, but they established a state of happy co-existence and Mason found himself enjoying the elf's company. It was the first time in years he'd really gotten close to anyone.

Tragedy struck however, as it often does at the worst of times. A few months after meeting Clicky an incident occurred. Mason was sorting through supplies as per usual, in the company of the elf, when the door of the room burst open and the boy whom Mason had previously hospitalised strode in – clearly intending to take vengeance. Hexes were fired off all over the place, Mason all but forgetting the elf in his attempts to thwart his attacker. He was only reminded of the elf's presence when a stray jinx hit a stack of boxes which tumbled over the elf – inside one was a basilisk fang that pierced his chest and resulted in him dying.

The attacker was expelled and left to be punished by the ministry but that wasn't enough for Mason. For a while it seemed like he might slip even further into anger and negative behaviour, but rather the opposite happened. Blaming himself for the elf's death Mason resolved to better himself, to live by Clicky's example. His perspective on life took a complete 180, no longer was he the slacker who enjoyed targeting others – he now despised people like that (including who he used to be), now he was hard working and made sure to "voice his displeasure" at people being mistreated.
From then on Mason started studying hard allowing his grades to improve dramatically. He switched from Divination to Arithmancy, he began applying himself in and outside of the classroom spending a lot of his time working to improve his grades or other skills deciding that he'd like to pursue a career as an Auror.

Nearing the end of his fourth year, Mason joined the duelling club believing that it would be a good way to sharpen his skills for his future career. In his fifth year he tried out for the quidditch team becoming a chaser. Mason even scored one of the highest overall scores on his OWLs scoring less than "Exceeds Expectations" only on History of Magic.

If only it wasn't for his tendency to cause trouble or the far too frequent hospital wing visits he'd seem like the ideal student, but some things just never change.

House: Ravenclaw

Curse: Mason's curse forces him to compulsively steal other people's belongings. The more significant it is the longer he can go without having to thieve again, but he is unable to physically return objects to the person he stole them from and has to go to more roundabout means to get things back to their owners.

Extra:

-Chaser on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team
-His wand is ten inches and made of Ironbark with a core of unicorn hair.
-He switched from Divination to Arithmancy at end of his fourth year.
-Mason has high grades in every subject he is taking except for History of Magic. Whether from lack of ability or effort is often in question.
-Mason wants to be an Auror once he has graduated and is taking Transfiguration, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Potions, Charms, Herbology, Arithmacy and History of Magic all at NEWT level (it's somewhat doubtful he'll pass that last one).

Done!

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
On the topic of animagus, I'm okay with Fitz being one if the other players are okay with it. I don't want more than one or two players being animagi because they seem to be pretty rare in the HP world.
Alright. I'll just wait to make sure everyone's cool with it, then~

Years
You are good to go now, I just want to make sure that you are aware that this means Aya won't be able to perform any magic with her wand for the duration of the curse. Pretty bothersome time she'll have at a school of magic xD But that's part of it!

Aya is accepted into 5th year and Ravenclaw.

Well, yeah. That's what makes it a curse. At first, everyone will just assume she's bad at magic, but eventually they'll catch on that she's cursed. Until then, expect lots of explosions.

And I'm gonna call the Eye of Seduction a magical effect, so careful making eye contact with me, Rai. I'll either be repulsed by you or explode. There's no middle ground here. Either "Ew, get away." or *Boom!*. XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well, yeah. That's what makes it a curse. At first, everyone will just assume she's bad at magic, but eventually they'll catch on that she's cursed. Until then, expect lots of explosions.

And I'm gonna call the Eye of Seduction a magical effect, so careful making eye contact with me, Rai. I'll either be repulsed by you or explode. There's no middle ground here. Either "Ew, get away." or *Boom!*. XD
Hahahhaah pleeeeease make The Eye have opposite effect! Such fun.

I'm accepting you now, by the way! Since you explained. Jasper is welcome into 3rd year and Slytherin.

Hopefully this time my editing was enough. Sorry for any inconveniences.
I'm sorry, but you didn't edit the things in the curse that I asked you to and the history is still too confusing. I'm afraid I have to respectfully decline your application.

Hmm thinking bout a slytherin or ravenclaw whose curse will bring out the complete opposite emotion of whatever his current emotional state is, or have it just split his personality up so that one emotion over rides the others. Any advice or ideas I could use with this?
Sounds a bit complicated. How would you and we and he know what he's really feeling?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 9, 2015
Sounds a bit complicated. How would you and we and he know what he's really feeling?

Sorry, I should've mentioned that bit in my previous post, was gonna make him a guy who's emotions showed on his sleeve, and if you want an example of the curse, he could be really aggressive, then the curse kicks in and he'll be really calm and neutral and vice versa

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Oy, I don't know what house to be in! D: My first thought was Ravenclaw but poor Gryffindor is getting no wuvz

As weird or silly as it may be, no matter what I come back to a curse having to do with scent. I'm thinking this character would suddenly change scents, always something specific to each person smelling him. Like someone smelling strawberries when they're near him, or someone else smelling vinegar, always something that a human shouldn't naturally smell like. It would be up to the players to decide what he smelled like to their character after it was clear whether it should be something they like, dislike, or are neutral towards. However I can't decided what should dictate how positive or negative the scents were at a given time. So I'm looking for suggestions on what the deciding factor should be...or if the idea is stupid and I should scrap it :P

Also I'm perfectly okay with Fitz being an animagus, if a bit jealous, I was actually going to make the request myself, but I was too busy being distracted and obsessing over the curse when I wasn't distracted to do anything about it D:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sorry, I should've mentioned that bit in my previous post, was gonna make him a guy who's emotions showed on his sleeve, and if you want an example of the curse, he could be really aggressive, then the curse kicks in and he'll be really calm and neutral and vice versa
Hmm. You go with that if you want, but I would probably rather think of something more interesting. If you want to stay on the feelings theme, how about his feeling could influence the people around him? In strong ways. If he gets angry, people near him will feel unexplainable anger even if he doesn't show any signs of what he's feeling. If he is in love, people around him can start feeling weak and attracted to others when he gets an emotional surge. Or something. This would require other players to keep track of when your char is in the company or not.

Or he could have lost all emotion maybe! Or something else!

Oy, I don't know what house to be in! D: My first thought was Ravenclaw but poor Gryffindor is getting no wuvz

As weird or silly as it may be, no matter what I come back to a curse having to do with scent. I'm thinking this character would suddenly change scents, always something specific to each person smelling him. Like someone smelling strawberries when they're near him, or someone else smelling vinegar, always something that a human shouldn't naturally smell like. It would be up to the players to decide what he smelled like to their character after it was clear whether it should be something they like, dislike, or are neutral towards. However I can't decided what should dictate how positive or negative the scents were at a given time. So I'm looking for suggestions on what the deciding factor should be...or if the idea is stupid and I should scrap it :P

Also I'm perfectly okay with Fitz being an animagus, if a bit jealous, I was actually going to make the request myself, but I was too busy being distracted and obsessing over the curse when I wasn't distracted to do anything about it D:
If you choose Gryffindor now, you'll be alone in the house (from what it looks like now) and be able to dictate stuff about the common room and quarters and NPCs rather freely :)

I like the curse. So you could smell him approaching? :p

I said one or two, so you are free to be an animagus if you want to. No more now, though. You should be in year 4 or higher probably. James and Sirius etc were pretty young for doing it, iirc.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
I know when I'm not wanted in an RP... I don't know why if so, but it's best if I use my own talents for another RP that opened up... Well mainly because I'm clueless as to where my confusion is and how to correct it.... I wish the best to this Harry Potter RP.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Just a placeholder for now :)

Name: Peter Hunter
Birthday: 7th January

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Peter is a cheery, friendly and down to earth kinda guy. He will always help someone when they're in need and he'll always look out for his friends. However unlike a normal person, Peter will go to extreme lengths to help someone, even to the point where he puts his own life in risk, some may call it heroic others call it stupidity. The real reason that Peter does it is because he wants to be accepted by a certain person or group of people.

All his life Peter has struggled with fitting in and this is often due to the fact that he hates the idea of not being wanted and or not being important to his friends. If someone grows distant from Peter, he will try everything in his power to become friends with them again. This pushiness often leads to the person avoiding Peter completely which in turn leads Peter to blame himself for the reason that the person moved away. Peter believes action speaks louder than words as he can often be seen doing silly stunts and experiments in an attempt to become friendly with someone rather than just talking to that person.

If Peter feels as though he's not wanted or not important to a person/group he will believe it's his fault. He'll believe it was something he said, something he's wearing, something he done … he will always blame himself before he blames the other person even if it was the other persons fault.

Ancestry: Pure-blood

History:
Peter was born in Dublin, Ireland but spent little time living in the city as his parents quickly moved to the rural outskirts. Peter's parents Mike and Jane both attended Hogwarts when they were younger and it's also where they met. After they had finished with Hogwarts, Jane returned to her country of birth but now alongside Mike who had left his home in London to be with her.

Before Peter was born however Jane and Mike split. While Jane told herself that a man is who she should be with, deep down she knew that another woman is who she'd be happy with. So shortly after Peter's first birthday Jane had found someone she wanted to be with, another woman called Mary. Jane knew that it would be tough for Peter growing up without a father figure but also knew that he'd be strong and hopefully accept both of his mothers.

Once Peter was old enough to understand the fact that he didn't have a father, he would often quiz Jane about him. Jane would simply refuse to answer and kept telling Peter "not to concern yourself with him, we're your family now". Whilst growing up with two mothers was no different to having a mother and father outside of the house Peter was bullied relentlessly for it at school. Once the other kids found out about Peter's two mothers, he became an instant target. Because of the extreme bullying, Peter developed a severe case of insecurity and still carries it with him to this day.

After Peter had finished primary school, it wasn't long until his letter for Hogwarts arrived. It was only when his mother explained to him that he comes from a long list of Magicians and it was now his time to head off and study magic. It was all so overwhelming. Mary herself studied at Hogwarts but both her and Jane decided to keep the Magic under wraps for fear it would send poor Peter over the edge. To find out that you had two mothers who were also witches might have been too much for the poor boy.

Much to Peter's protest he was forced to go to Hogwarts and study Magic. Jane and Mary had high hopes that it would help Peter emerge from his insecurity and still hold them hopes today.

Peter's first two years at school were poor to say the least. While he did okay in the classroom, he never held a conversation with another student for fear they would bully him much like the students in his old school. Rather he spent most of his days locked away and only emerged when he had to.

Surprisingly though Peter's third and fourth year were a good bit different. He started to slowly talk to people and developed a strange habit of 'showing off' in an attempt to make friends. For once in his life he felt accepted by certain people. He would talk to them before and after class and generally whenever they got the chance to meet up. Due to his new social life however, Peter's grades started to slip. He soon found out that he had more interest in having fun as opposed to learning. While Peter was ecstatic with his new friends, deep down he couldn't shake this horrible feeling. The feeling of nervousness when he would think about what would happen if he lost his friends. The more he thought about it, the more he realized that it would obviously be something he had done. Another thing which constantly played on Peter's mind was his father. Peter knew nothing about him. Could his father have gone to Hogwarts? Would there be a way to track him down? Only time will tell what's in store for Peter.

House: Gryffindor

Curse: The curse on Peter has turned him into a Merman. His body is covered from head to toe in the slimy and slippery skin of a fish. Luckily for Peter he can breathe out of the water and doesn't require any to survive. His new form however has filled him with the desire and urge to go out and swim in the water. Peter as well as other people are able to see his human reflection in a mirror or a similar reflective material such as the surface of water.

What he looks like as a merman:
Spoiler:

Extra:
- Peter's wand is 10 inches long and made from Ash Wood along with a strand of Unicorn hair as its core.
- Peter adores the color blue. He will almost instantly like anything which features the color.
- Peter has a a strange affinity for water. (Oceans, lakes)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Okay, I think I'm finally done. ;o
I'll get to it.

I know when I'm not wanted in an RP... I don't know why if so, but it's best if I use my own talents for another RP that opened up... Well mainly because I'm clueless as to where my confusion is and how to correct it.... I wish the best to this Harry Potter RP.
I really don't mean any offense, but I stand by what I said :) Thanks for the well wishes!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 9, 2015
Hmm. You go with that if you want, but I would probably rather think of something more interesting. If you want to stay on the feelings theme, how about his feeling could influence the people around him? In strong ways. If he gets angry, people near him will feel unexplainable anger even if he doesn't show any signs of what he's feeling. If he is in love, people around him can start feeling weak and attracted to others when he gets an emotional surge. Or something. This would require other players to keep track of when your char is in the company or not.

Or he could have lost all emotion maybe! Or something else!

hmm i might just do that, it'll just be complicated to do but I'll try and get both mine and my GF's SU's up within the next few days

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
hmm i might just do that, it'll just be complicated to do but I'll try and get both mine and my GF's SU's up within the next few days
Alright! Also, I guess I'll never quite know with whom I'm speaking on this account so I'm going to call both of you Paskalso :p

@ Alby, you are accepted with Chelsea Summer into the 5th year and Gryffindor! Finally some Gryffs in here :3 yay people for professor Winter to be cynical around

There are still some unfinished SUs strewn around this thread. Notably Paskalso's 2 SUs (two irl people on the same account there), gimmepie, Nathan, ANARCHit3cht, Lord Sephear and WooliestSteam.

We already have 8 players accepted, + myself. 15 players might be a bit much, buuut you all seem so eager so I'll give all of the above mentioned a chance to sign up :3 No new applicants beyond that for now though!

Name: Peter Hunter
It's a great SU! The character feels solid. I'm looking forward to see how he'll handle his curse and insecurities and, uh, Chelsea xDD

Peter is accepted into the 5th year and Gryffindor.

Edit: those who haven't finished their SUs yet, please do so soon and let me know. I would like to get the IC up within the next few days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back