• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • So, you know how in America you guys have Netflix? I've heard it's a really cool application that, once you've got a monthly subscription, allows you to watch pretty much anything. Well we in Australia have Quickflix. Same premise, sounds like it'd be a pretty cool thing to have on my Xbox One; I want to watch season 4 of Game of Thrones, and it's listed!

Problem is, it's a premium only TV series. I have to pay $39.99 for a HD version of any of the Game of Thrones seasons, and I only get them for like 48 hours I think. Is this the same as Netflix? Or are we being well and truly scammed?

EDIT: Never mind, I get to OWN the season for $33.99. Still I'd rather go out and buy the DVD. >.>

Also you can get American Netflix in Australia by changing the VPN on your Xbox One - not sure what that means which is why I have somebody coming to do it for me lol

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Aha speak of the devil. Someone logged into Netflix on my PS3 a while ago, and it remained signed in... so take a guess as to what I've been doing 8)

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
    Years
  • Netflix is fairly cheap, and worth the $8 with the crazy amount you can pick from. I also have Hulu plus, and I flip flop between apps when I get finished watching one series that is exclusive to one. Haha. I do hear HBO is going to start running an app like that for non subscribers or something?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Netflix is fairly cheap, and worth the $8 with the crazy amount you can pick from. I also have Hulu plus, and I flip flop between apps when I get finished watching one series that is exclusive to one. Haha. I do hear HBO is going to start running an app like that for non subscribers or something?

Netflix has a ton of shows I have absolutely no interest in watching and like three or four that I do. And to watch those shows, I can torrent them.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I really want How To Get Away With Murder up asap, I hear that show is amazing. Also been binge watching Breaking Bad cause I'm eons late. -_-

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Netflix has a ton of shows I have absolutely no interest in watching and like three or four that I do. And to watch those shows, I can torrent them.

I've come to find it on the moral wrong side to download something when they make it so accessible tbh. Even if it's just three shows for 8 bucks that's a great deal.

The morality of it gets a little iffy when it comes to people that wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise, but for people that can, it pretty firmly goes into the "if you want to enjoy the work of this person, you should support them by paying for their work" camp.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I've come to find it on the moral wrong side to download something when they make it so accessible tbh. Even if it's just three shows for 8 bucks that's a great deal.

The morality of it gets a little iffy when it comes to people that wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise, but for people that can, it pretty firmly goes into the "if you want to enjoy the work of this person, you should support them by paying for their work" camp.

I think you got a point right here. Even though I may be afford to buy some of them (despite of couldn't afford to buy everything in my wish lists yet), the hefty price that I see when I want to buy a drama series or even video games drives me off sometimes, especially when I have to save some to buy something to eat or drink.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I've come to find it on the moral wrong side to download something when they make it so accessible tbh. Even if it's just three shows for 8 bucks that's a great deal.

As someone who works part time minimum wage and has roughly $700 in bills every month, I don't have the interest or the funds to be concerned with morals. Especially since we're talking about the cut throat, rather demoralizing and exploitive entertainment industry.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Where I'm from, everybody downloads. Pretty much 8)

But only movies and series, not music. Everybody uses Spotify. I think illegal downloading of music must have dropped drastically since Spotify was invented tbh.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Rupaul's Drag Race is one of my top favorite reality tv shows. I've seen every season muahaha

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think they've had winners appear on seasons after them as guests so you may not want to do it that way!!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Why would you watch any show backwards anyway? I mean with reality TV, it doesn't matter much, but I wouldn't anyway.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    sitcoms can be watched at any point. Any episodic show for that matter lol.

Shows with a continuous plot should be watched in order though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Even sitcoms, at least a lot of them, have a sense of time. If only because there are often kids in them and they grow up during filming.

Every once in a while a channel will show a marathon of a sitcom and show them out of order and I get so mad. Like Monica was with Richard last episode, why is she with Chandler now???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back