• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • RuPaul is like Hell's Kitchen or Survivor.

Yeah since those are reality shows , it really doesn't matter. That's what i said.
    Personally I like watching most shows in order cause even sitcoms have some bit of story in them and you can see how the character develop and progress in the show throughout each season.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Yeah since those are reality shows , it really doesn't matter. That's what i said.
    Personally I like watching most shows in order cause even sitcoms have some bit of story in them and you can see how the character develop and progress in the show throughout each season.
    All quality sitcoms have story to them.

Treecko

Years
  • Which is why sitcoms like Parks and Recreation Friends, How I Met Your Mother and The Office are my favorite cause they have quality story arcs to them, and aren't just random events with no continuation,

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I hated The Office the few times I've watched it xD The british one, I think it was mainly.

Years
  • Daily Cross Chop

There goes the best sitcom right there.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Fresh Prince is amazing. I would like to see a sequel, where Jaden Smith is sent to west Philadelphia and forced to live in the ghetto.

Also, The Office is freaking amazing. Every season is enjoyable. I never cared much for the British version, and yes yes I know it's the original. But the Americans made something amazing.

Another British-original-turned-American that I love is Netflix-financed House of Cards. Kevin Spacey does great in the show. Cinematography is fantastic, the writing is great too. Quality stuff.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I'm watching Doctor Who all out of sequence, which I suppose is acceptable given the time travelling aspects.

I started with the Eleventh Doctor. Once his run finished up, I jumped back to Ninth. Now I'm watching Tenth and Twelveth at the same time.

Other shows though, like if it were very dramatic or complicated or serialized... backwards or out of order probably not a good bet to go

(Not a TV show, but watching Star Wars as IV-V-I-II-III-VI is pretty good btw)

Topic seems to be TV shows, so... I've only really gotten into this recently. Last summer I watched Arrested Development and Firefly and now I'm more into "normal" shows. I'd mostly just watch late night TV, food shows, and intelligent current affairs shows until recently. Some cartoons, sitcoms, and reality shows sprinkled about too.

Actually, what am I saying. At least a couple of years now I've been watching Person of Interest. haha

Doctor Who, Person of Interest, and The Blacklist are what I faithfully watch at the moment. I checked out True Detective, House of Cards, and Sherlock earlier this year. Throughly enjoyed all of them. Sherlock in particular.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to TV shows that I tend to watch on a weekly basis, two I watch are Once Upon a Time and NCIS. They are quite good shows.

Course one thing on my mind right now is a school shooting that occurred earlier today in a city that is the southern neighbor of the one where I live. It is going to be on my mind for a while. I never thought one would ever occur so close to home

Last edited:

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • There's only really two TV shows that I've watched religiously, and they would be F.R.I.E.N.D.S and Game of Thrones. I'm really sad now that Friends is over and Game of Thrones is in it's off-season. Can't wait for Season Five next year though, it's going to be beautiful.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • There's only really two TV shows that I've watched religiously, and they would be F.R.I.E.N.D.S and Game of Thrones. I'm really sad now that Friends is over and Game of Thrones is in it's off-season. Can't wait for Season Five next year though, it's going to be beautiful.
    Hasn't Friends been over for ages?

But I get that feeling. Seinfeld is my thing. I will cling to any way I can get that humour still - like Curb Your Enthusiasm or Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Early Simpsons also some of my favourite funny material.

I've tried to get into Game of Thrones a couple of times. I was very impressed with the production values and acting and all of that. I can see why it's popular. But I just could not get into it. I did not care about what was going on. It felt like a fantasy-style soap opera to me. I'm due to give another go eventually though as I know someone who wants me to check it out again

Sir Codin

I am honestly completely out of the loop when it comes to modern TV shows, as nothing on TV really interests me anymore and anything that shows on TV eventually makes it way onto Netflix anyway. Even then I don't watch these shows.

The only thing I watch anymore is South Park and even then not on TV, since they stream it on their website for free literally minutes after the episode airs.

A TV is nothing more than a monitor for me for my video game consoles and DVD player.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Fresh Prince is amazing. I would like to see a sequel, where Jaden Smith is sent to west Philadelphia and forced to live in the ghetto.

Also, The Office is freaking amazing. Every season is enjoyable. I never cared much for the British version, and yes yes I know it's the original. But the Americans made something amazing.

Another British-original-turned-American that I love is Netflix-financed House of Cards. Kevin Spacey does great in the show. Cinematography is fantastic, the writing is great too. Quality stuff.

In this day and age, I think south Philly is a lot more ghetto than west.

Treecko

Years

I will watch Friends religiously until i die probably I started watching only last year but it become a top favorite of mine. Even if it's been over for 10 years, it still ends up being relevant today and still very enjoyable.

And Fresh Prince forever. New episodes with Jaden and Willow would be interesting tbh. As long as Carlton comes back cause his dancing was my favorite thing.

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Oh gosh, TV shows.
    Sure been a while since I followed comedy series and the likes. Those were the days.

What kind of direction would you guys want to see TV shows take in the future? And what aspects do you want to go away? :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Speaking of tv shows, am I the only one who finds Saturday Night Live incredibly boring and not funny?
    In Living Color is one of my favorite parody/comedy sketch shows.

Years
  • As Carchar said, the only thing on TV that I really watch is South Park, and sometimes Family Guy. I haven't really had much time for anything else. x_x

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back