• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winston-Harlem

Rich boy
Years
  • I honestly wouldn't leave my house on Black Friday if the merch was free. I am claustrophobic and have hypersensitive ears, making it akin to a nightmare, and even if I were alone in a brick and mortar store the product quality wouldn't warrant my money to begin with. I import a lot of my stuff online for the sake of selection, not to mention the convenience of freight and peer reviews pre-purchase. :v

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Boxing Day is my day to shine. I go into the mall with gift cards and my bank card at the ready and I don't leave until I've spent at least $1000 on crap I don't need. At these prices, you really do just need knives.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Are the price mark-downs really that significant? The only time I've ever actually "witnessed" Black Friday was on the South Park Game of Thrones cross-over episodes, and it seemed a bit ridiculously far-fetched.

For big electronics you can get hundreds of dollars off.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Black Friday is honestly so friggin fun. I went out for the first time ever last year around 1am and spent the entire night with a friend shopping. I usually don't like shopping but all the hustle and buziness of it all was just so exciting.

Winston-Harlem

Rich boy
    Years
  • I love paying for functionality and aesthetics in a product instead of a brand or a picture. if you know about what you're buying (think dentists with oral care and IT pros with computers), being savvy about purchases is cake. Really, it drives me to learn the ins and outs of the products I use daily and often take for granted so I may make educated purchases with everything in my life.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm probably going to have to go into work on Black Friday at 5am crying inside

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • Working on Black Friday must suck Virgo. Employee discounts plus Black Friday price mark-downs, though? Practically free items.

I have to work today, I'm so very sick and it's Melbourne Cup Day so it theoretically should've been a day off, anyway. Escaped into the shed for a little bit, though, which gets me away from my boss who's currently on the roof. How was everybody's Monday?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Thing is everyone will try to use coupons and a majority will use ones that aren't valid and another majority will try to use them on items that it says on the coupon you can't use them on. crying harder

i dont even want anything my store sells bawww

Years
  • You gotta work? Damn, I feel bad for you. Monday is just Monday for Aisu; I was scared that I'd get indoor suspension for forgetting my school ID (which I think is a ridiculous rule; who the hell would sneak into school?) and I have to worry if there's night school tomorrow because I need my last eighteen hours, even though the teacher's been a ***** about hours.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Someone help me, I'm making my schedule for next term, and I don't know what I'm doing, wazeeeeeeeeeeeeboooooooooo -_-

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • Completely edited this post because I have the need to tell you guys that I just sliced through my calf muscle at work, had inside stitches on the muscle and a lot of stitches on the outside and I could potentially be off of work for 2 weeks. My boss has given me the rest of the week off, and is paying me for a full week, which is good. But on the other hand I cut clean through my calf muscle so I don't really think it's a situation in which I am winning.

Rest of the week to lurk PC, play Xbox AND get paid, though. Anyone want to see some disgusting photos of the inside of someone's leg? D:

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
  • Thing is everyone will try to use coupons and a majority will use ones that aren't valid and another majority will try to use them on items that it says on the coupon you can't use them on. crying harder

i dont even want anything my store sells bawww

What kind of store do you work in?

Also no thank you Veranithas!!! Hope you're better soon though, sounds painful af

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    What kind of store do you work in?

Also no thank you Veranithas!!! Hope you're better soon though, sounds painful af

It's a retail store for mostly athletic wear, sports jerseys, and shoes. It's also very overpriced so even with my discount often times it's cheaper to buy the same item somewhere else.

Shining Raichu

Years
  • I know that feel - even with my 5% off alcohol it's still cheaper to buy it at a competitor. Hear that, Liquorland? Dan Murphy's will always be better than you, no matter how hard you try!

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Completely edited this post because I have the need to tell you guys that I just sliced through my calf muscle at work, had inside stitches on the muscle and a lot of stitches on the outside and I could potentially be off of work for 2 weeks. My boss has given me the rest of the week off, and is paying me for a full week, which is good. But on the other hand I cut clean through my calf muscle so I don't really think it's a situation in which I am winning.

Rest of the week to lurk PC, play Xbox AND get paid, though. Anyone want to see some disgusting photos of the inside of someone's leg? D:

I don't really want to see photos, but I'll bet www.reddit.com/r/WTF does.

Keep looking on the brightside! Sounds like a well-deserved work-week! ;) Wish I could do all of that paid. Instead I am here drawing up excel docs in my pjs, listing all my job applications and colour-coding them based on whether or not I got a reply. Fuuuuun.

Job hunting is the worst. :( At least I can do it in my warm home, though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I dread the day I have to hunt for a job. I want it served on a silver plate pls :]

Winston-Harlem

Rich boy
    Years
  • Wow, the strain of survival these days must be rather heavy. :/

I live on a meager trust fund that's really there as a supplement/fallback (<$1K), but most of my income comes from stock trading. My job is basically to check my phone for a few minutes a couple times a day, 5 days a week. It's a lot of fun, when you win of course. :P

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I dread the day I have to hunt for a job. I want it served on a silver plate pls :]

Do well in school, and work hard on the few applications you do put out there and it'll be delivered to you on a silver platter. Do well in those jobs and if ever you want to change careers, those jobs will then be handed to you on a silverier platter.

Wow, the strain of survival these days must be rather heavy. :/

I live on a meager trust fund that's really there as a supplement/fallback (<$1K), but most of my income comes from stock trading. My job is basically to check my phone for a few minutes a couple times a day, 5 days a week. It's a lot of fun, when you win of course. :P

I'd think so. I am a graduate in a very competitive field that is almost entirely based on contract jobs.

That sounds like fun but also sounds like a ton of stress. You're not just investing in stock willy-nilly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back