• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    ^ Pretty much. It's especially hard after having moved out for school and now living again with the rentals.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    It took me nearly 4 years before I finally got a job. Tbh, I'm not even gonna move out, even though I'm 24 and still living with my parents. If it weren't for my parents right now I would have been living on the streets, so I owe them a lot.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It's such a rewarding experience. You grow like 20 years just living on your own for a while.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    It's such a rewarding experience. You grow like 20 years just living on your own for a while.

Absolutely. I learned a ton about myself. And about the people I was living with. But mostly about myself. Next time I move out though, I'm gonna live it solo.

Winston-Harlem

Rich boy
    Years
  • My house feels so much better without others, but that's likely because those particular others are obstructive and controlling as people. I'm stuck with one roommate for the time being still, and her decisions are so blatantly obstructive of any harmony that I've lost any doubt she arranges specifically to get in my way. I'd really like her to go but she's got a corporate lease going without me on it and I'm not stable enough to move without something like a refridgerator or internet having to wait a while. >_>

I know it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I suppose a lot of my family's lifestyle choices as with what I wear, eat, drive, shop, and things just takes precedence over an unattractive living mate. Also, it's a good learning experience for when you end up having no choice but to cooperate with someone who doesn't want to. :b

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Living alone is really that enlightening?

Yup. In my opinion there are certain experiences that really make you grow that people should have in their life. Like living entirely on your own (not including college unless you live without roommates off-campus), moving a long distance on your own, searching for a job without anything in place, working a service-level job, those kinds of things.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • Yup. In my opinion there are certain experiences that really make you grow that people should have in their life. Like living entirely on your own (not including college unless you live without roommates off-campus), moving a long distance on your own, searching for a job without anything in place, working a service-level job, those kinds of things.

I concur. I'd be half the person I am today if I hadn't done these things.

Winston-Harlem

Rich boy
    Years
  • Yup. In my opinion there are certain experiences that really make you grow that people should have in their life. Like living entirely on your own (not including college unless you live without roommates off-campus), moving a long distance on your own, searching for a job without anything in place, working a service-level job, those kinds of things.

Hey, I read something about you living in Chicago. If that's true, uh... how is it? I've been in a few metro areas doing more than passing through and have seen a good bit of the contrary to what hearsay tells (Columbia, Winston-Salem, and Washington personally, to name a few).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Hey, I read something about you living in Chicago. If that's true, uh... how is it? I've been in a few metro areas doing more than passing through and have seen a good bit of the contrary to what hearsay tells (Columbia, Winston-Salem, and Washington personally, to name a few).

I'm in more of a suburb, not in the city itself, but I like it well enough. Cleaner than Philadelphia and NYC, but with less to do. I haven't tried the public transit yet but I've heard it's good.

Idk anything about the violence though because there isn't any as far as I know in my area of the suburbs.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • What kind of store do you work in?

Also no thank you Veranithas!!! Hope you're better soon though, sounds painful af

Thank you Sodom! I should be okay, can't really walk and last nights sleep sucked a lot, but I've got painkillers and time to rest so I'm hoping for the best.

Btw, LiquorLand is horrible compared to Dan 'The Man' Murphy's, this I can agree with 100%.

I don't really want to see photos, but I'll bet www.reddit.com/r/WTF does.

Keep looking on the brightside! Sounds like a well-deserved work-week! ;) Wish I could do all of that paid. Instead I am here drawing up excel docs in my pjs, listing all my job applications and colour-coding them based on whether or not I got a reply. Fuuuuun.

Job hunting is the worst. :( At least I can do it in my warm home, though.

Haha it does sound like a well-deserved work-week, doesn't it! :P I already posted it to r/WTF, getting a few comments here and there. I just had a look back over the photo and it's an absolute mess.

Good luck with your job hunt! It's hard, I know, but you'll find something sooner rather than later hopefully.

This. I moved out with my best friend into a house that's not too far away from my parents, but the freedom of living by oneself is phenomenal. Being able to decorate with my own decorations and laying out the lounge room how I want it to be laid out, were without a doubt the two most single rewarding experiences I've had to date. Bit sad I know, but it's totally true.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm in more of a suburb, not in the city itself, but I like it well enough. Cleaner than Philadelphia and NYC, but with less to do. I haven't tried the public transit yet but I've heard it's good.

Idk anything about the violence though because there isn't any as far as I know in my area of the suburbs.

My bathroom is cleaner than Philadelphia.

Years
  • I'm in more of a suburb, not in the city itself, but I like it well enough. Cleaner than Philadelphia and NYC, but with less to do. I haven't tried the public transit yet but I've heard it's good.

Wait, you lived near Philadelphia and NYC while you were in college? That's interesting, as one that lives in PA himself but doesn't get too many chances to go out, I am curious as to what you thought of being where you were.

But on the note of living alone, didn't you say you and your boyfriend share an apartment together?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Wait, you lived near Philadelphia and NYC while you were in college? That's interesting, as one that lives in PA himself but doesn't get too many chances to go out, I am curious as to what you thought of being where you were.

But on the note of living alone, didn't you say you and your boyfriend share an apartment together?

Nah I lived there in middle school/high school, then went to the Midwest for college and am in Chicago until my boyfriend graduates law school. :) We shared an apartment last year but I had to move for my job so we only see each other on the weekends right now; once he graduates we'll move together somewhere else haha. My living situations are complicated.

I liked being so close to the ocean and being able to easily reach two cities but I hated the fact that you basically have to use toll roads in some cases and that people are pretty mean there. I was lucky to be able to do all the NYC stuff that I did since my aunt lives there, but I don't think I'll go back. My end goal is the west coast now.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Seriously? I do recall my bathroom is quite wet, even though it's clean a bit. Except if filled with bubbles, that is.

No. Philadelphia has some dirty parts, but for the most part it's mostly pretty clean.

Nah I lived there in middle school/high school, then went to the Midwest for college and am in Chicago until my boyfriend graduates law school. :) We shared an apartment last year but I had to move for my job so we only see each other on the weekends right now; once he graduates we'll move together somewhere else haha. My living situations are complicated.

I liked being so close to the ocean and being able to easily reach two cities but I hated the fact that you basically have to use toll roads in some cases and that people are pretty mean there. I was lucky to be able to do all the NYC stuff that I did since my aunt lives there, but I don't think I'll go back. My end goal is the west coast now.
    Riverline to Trenton Transit Center, Trenton Transit Center to Penn Station.

That's how I get to New York.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Every day I wish I could live alone and live life on my own rhythm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back