• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Darkness Falls~ *Dark Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I still think Hydreigon could of been turned into a legendary, haha. It's basically a huge three-headed monster that's able to hurl all sorts of attacks at you. Had it been a standalone pokemon, I think it definitely could be incorporated into the storyline as a Team Galactic scenario (i.e the capture of the lake guardians but with Hydreigon) and Ghetsis using its power or something of the like. It'd also explain the one on his team but it's not bad as a normal dragon and dark type regardless! I think people give him a lot of slack for just the 4 x weakness to fairy but he's really strong with Dark Pulse / Draco Meteor / all the flashy moves. :]

And yeah, its design is definitely up there with some of the most intimidating. With heads on its arms, three on one neck and a look that screams 'I'm going to eat you and it'll be glorious', nothing more needs to be said. It's just great in every aspect - battle, design, stats and everything you'd want or need in a dark type.

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
    I LOVE Hydreigon, which is why i chose it as one of my partner Pokémon ^_^

For starter's Hydreigon design is just FANTASTIC
    it looks scary and menacing (and it's Pokédex entry definitely supports this! I kind of think it's like Dragonair - Dragonite. Zweilous's design looks okay but not as good as it could be, then it evolves into this giant Three-headed beast

I actually HAVE used my Hydreigon in Y in competitive battling, and if i recall correctly, he was rather successful and did that extra bit to help me win :)

Overall, I love Hydreigon. It's ability to use both Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse (two of my favourite moves) makes it all the more amazing and they really went all out on it's design ^_^

I used him in game in Y, but in Unova, it was far to late in the game when i realised what his final evolution was (the fact that he doesn't evolve till Lv. 64 didn't help either!) but of course i got one in the end ;)

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    I never used him in a Gen V/VI game because I either 1. never brought the game for it or 2. got bored of the game before I had a chance to get it. Nevertheless, I like Hydreigon because it is unique in terms of actual Pokémon (in terms of design and typing) but it's hard to use competitively IMO if you don't have a defense against Fairy types.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Hope I can sneak my way into this one...

Username: Pendraflare
    Reason you love dark types: They're known for being mischievous and often have great offense stats to back them up, so they come with a rad style.
    3 partner pokemon: Houndoom, Hydreigon, Absol
    Answer any current topic:
    What is your favorite secondary typing for a Dark-type?
    Tough question, but although this would be more relevant in Generation V, Fighting. Its two STAB-types were really good at the time, making Scrafty very formidable with Dragon Dance, good defenses and three very helpful abilities backing it up. Although the Fairy-type does screw it over pretty hard this generation, it's still fun to some degree.
    I like Scrafty and Pangoro so powerful great just and welcome Pendraflame feel free to discuss DPOTW with everyone ;)

I still think Hydreigon could of been turned into a legendary, haha. It's basically a huge three-headed monster that's able to hurl all sorts of attacks at you. Had it been a standalone pokemon, I think it definitely could be incorporated into the storyline as a Team Galactic scenario (i.e the capture of the lake guardians but with Hydreigon) and Ghetsis using its power or something of the like. It'd also explain the one on his team but it's not bad as a normal dragon and dark type regardless! I think people give him a lot of slack for just the 4 x weakness to fairy but he's really strong with Dark Pulse / Draco Meteor / all the flashy moves. :]

And yeah, its design is definitely up there with some of the most intimidating. With heads on its arms, three on one neck and a look that screams 'I'm going to eat you and it'll be glorious', nothing more needs to be said. It's just great in every aspect - battle, design, stats and everything you'd want or need in a dark type.
    I originally thought it was when ghetsis had it it swept several members of my team lol its so powerful. You gotta love that design with the heads that dont have brains and his wings just scare people. Although he has a lot of weaknesses hes a great OHKOer haha.

Hydreigon, Hydreigon, HYDREIGON!!! :3

It's one of my favorite pokemons ever. It looks GREAT. You can't argue with that. On competitive, It's decent. It gets outclassed by some stuff, But it's good, With a decent bulk. By the way, That set is kinda bad, Since it's missing Flash cannon. It needs flash cannon to hit fairies since with a timid nature, It reaches 324 of speed. Not bad, Isn't it?.

Spoiler:
    I wouldnt call it bad lol just depends what ur going for but i did test ur set on showodown and added it. (I killed the clefable) hehehe

I LOVE Hydreigon, which is why i chose it as one of my partner Pokémon ^_^

For starter's Hydreigon design is just FANTASTIC
    it looks scary and menacing (and it's Pokédex entry definitely supports this! I kind of think it's like Dragonair - Dragonite. Zweilous's design looks okay but not as good as it could be, then it evolves into this giant Three-headed beast

I actually HAVE used my Hydreigon in Y in competitive battling, and if i recall correctly, he was rather successful and did that extra bit to help me win :)

Overall, I love Hydreigon. It's ability to use both Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse (two of my favourite moves) makes it all the more amazing and they really went all out on it's design ^_^

I used him in game in Y, but in Unova, it was far to late in the game when i realised what his final evolution was (the fact that he doesn't evolve till Lv. 64 didn't help either!) but of course i got one in the end ;)
    Omg long answer lol.

Well thats why i chose it a lot of people had it as a partner so i thought people might love to see it next week i got a better one hehe.

Zweilous is weird in which it has 2 active heads but then evolves into hydreigon oh ya we'll grow another but the other 2 wont have brains haha but i love its pokedex entry!

He does do pretty great competitively despite hi weaknesses though very high SpAtk.

Anyways great answers haha glad ur enjoying the club!

I never used him in a Gen V/VI game because I either 1. never brought the game for it or 2. got bored of the game before I had a chance to get it. Nevertheless, I like Hydreigon because it is unique in terms of actual Pokémon (in terms of design and typing) but it's hard to use competitively IMO if you don't have a defense against Fairy types.

Well theres always the uturn switch or flash cannon to take out fairies due to he generally has a high speed stat. It generally is a great competitive pokemon and i love using it in game.

The only thing i wish for is something like HGSS where the pokemon followed u and i want my hydreigon behind me hehe scared? :3

Also i am also looking for anyone that can do support bars!
    And i am wondering if people would be willing to participate in competitions here ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    Yay, Hydreigon! As my current avatar can kinda tell, I REALLY like this thing. I remember battling Ghetsis' in BW, that thing is crazy alright, what with its massive coverage and very high Speed. It requires serious strategy to effectively defeat. That said...

What is your opinion on his overall look?
    One of my favorite designs in the series. Never mind that it's reminiscent of King Ghidorah from Godzilla, they remade that thing quite well here. It's just a Pokémon made very cool, vicious and angry, and gosh darn it it's pretty rad.
    Would you use him in competitive battling?
    In the very brief time period I played XY OU in 2013, I had it on my team for a special attacker, but it had coverage to stand behind it.
    Do you overall like, love, or hate him? Why?
    If this wasn't enough of an indication, I love this thing because it's really cool in basically every regard, even with its glaring weakness. And in Generation V I always enjoy battling it when it's present.
    Did you ever use him in game in Unova?
    I never used it before post-game, but I have one that I bred in White 2 back in 2012 with awesome stats (Modest nature, 27/19/30/31/31/31 IVs, max Sp Atk + Speed). I used it in a handful of events in-game, and I remember when I trained it up the same day I bred it.

Affliction

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    Well theres always the uturn switch or flash cannon to take out fairies due to he generally has a high speed stat. It generally is a great competitive pokemon and i love using it in game.

The only thing i wish for is something like HGSS where the pokemon followed u and i want my hydreigon behind me hehe scared? :3

Also i am also looking for anyone that can do support bars!
    And i am wondering if people would be willing to participate in competitions here ;)

By support bars, do you mean userbars? If so, I know of a few websites that can help, though I did attempt to make a userbar in the past and I didn't have a lot of luck. I may have to try again soon, as it's been a long time since I've tried. I will report back if I am able to make one, but if there's any problems, just say.

What kind of competitions do you mean? Are they based on things like the battle server for battles or are they more on the quiz-side of things? I'm just asking because you didn't seem to have mentioned it on the opening post.

As for the topic at hand, I suppose Hydreigon is a competitive Pokémon in those aspects. I guess I never used it, which is why I don't actually know how competitive it could be. I predict that it's because I generally prefer stalling an opponent when doing a competitive battle becuase it allows me to boost the Pokémon's stats in most occasions, or set up a Substitute and an Aqua Ring.

About the HG/SS walking Pokémon, I liked that addition too, it seemed to tell you the Pokémon's friendship levels sometimes, IIRC. It saved you the trouble of going to Goldenrod City to find out if that Pokémon is ready to evolve yet.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

Years
    Yay, Hydreigon! As my current avatar can kinda tell, I REALLY like this thing. I remember battling Ghetsis' in BW, that thing is crazy alright, what with its massive coverage and very high Speed. It requires serious strategy to effectively defeat. That said...

What is your opinion on his overall look?
    One of my favorite designs in the series. Never mind that it's reminiscent of King Ghidorah from Godzilla, they remade that thing quite well here. It's just a Pokémon made very cool, vicious and angry, and gosh darn it it's pretty rad.
    Would you use him in competitive battling?
    In the very brief time period I played XY OU in 2013, I had it on my team for a special attacker, but it had coverage to stand behind it.
    Do you overall like, love, or hate him? Why?
    If this wasn't enough of an indication, I love this thing because it's really cool in basically every regard, even with its glaring weakness. And in Generation V I always enjoy battling it when it's present.
    Did you ever use him in game in Unova?
    I never used it before post-game, but I have one that I bred in White 2 back in 2012 with awesome stats (Modest nature, 27/19/30/31/31/31 IVs, max Sp Atk + Speed). I used it in a handful of events in-game, and I remember when I trained it up the same day I bred it.
    I thought u might like it haha i love hydreigon hes so insanely powerful!

By support bars, do you mean userbars? If so, I know of a few websites that can help, though I did attempt to make a userbar in the past and I didn't have a lot of luck. I may have to try again soon, as it's been a long time since I've tried. I will report back if I am able to make one, but if there's any problems, just say.

What kind of competitions do you mean? Are they based on things like the battle server for battles or are they more on the quiz-side of things? I'm just asking because you didn't seem to have mentioned it on the opening post.

As for the topic at hand, I suppose Hydreigon is a competitive Pokémon in those aspects. I guess I never used it, which is why I don't actually know how competitive it could be. I predict that it's because I generally prefer stalling an opponent when doing a competitive battle becuase it allows me to boost the Pokémon's stats in most occasions, or set up a Substitute and an Aqua Ring.

About the HG/SS walking Pokémon, I liked that addition too, it seemed to tell you the Pokémon's friendship levels sometimes, IIRC. It saved you the trouble of going to Goldenrod City to find out if that Pokémon is ready to evolve yet.

Yes userbars sorry theyre called both userbars and support bars ;)

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    The coolest Dragon I have never used, Hydreigon.

Honestly, it's a lack of Gen V gameplay more than anything, but I do have one that I caught in X, so I could work on it and see what kind of power I missed out on :P It's definitely a unique design and one of my favorites from Gen V.

Years
    I remember watching Marriland's X Adventure back in 2013, and he caught himself a wild Hydreigon in Victory Road at Level 59. While i've never gotten one from there, that's still a pretty awesome find to anybody who can nab one like that. Also explains how Ghetsis and Iris got theirs under-leveled, no?

Dedenne1

Years
    I do have a new topic since its been a reasonable amount of time since DTPOTW
    although I like to give 3 days so next time ill just hve a new topic on Tuesday since theres 3 days in between each :P
    so this is one of my fav topics for all types to hear peoples opinions and we have a lot to discuss about megas but heres the startoff.
    What dark type in your opinion should gain a mega?

DarkPoke001

Years
    I believe Bisharp or Krookodile deserve one

Bisharp is overall, a really cool looking Dark type, but the problem is, Steel typing in way makes it more fragile although without Steel type it would be vulnerable to Fairy and Ghost. Since Fire and Ground are two really popular types however, so i believe Bisharp should be able to counter these in some way (maybe a Mega with Levitate somehow? :D ) and it obviously needs a stat increase, in Defense would be useful and a mega could give it that.

Krookodile was a really cool Pokémon back in Gen V but in Gen VI, it seems to have lost that popularity, mainly as many do not find it that useful competitively, this may be because of the vast mount of weaknesses that it has, and i believe a Mega with both increased stats and a changed typing could help it (Maybe Ground could be changed to Rock, or Steel perhaps?)
    I just really liked it back in the day and feel it should get a Mega.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    A M-Bisharp sounds cool! I think for it to be levitating, it'd have to gain the ability to float from somewhere. Whether that's converting it to part flying type or adding rockets on its feet, that's the only way I can really see it happening. But yeah, it definitely needs one to fight off against all the popular types its weak too. Bisharp is also pretty amazing by itself so I think a mega would make it even better amongst fans, haha.

Defiant works actually! Yeah, we don't want to go too overboard. So maybe keep its same typing when it mega evolves and just buff its stats or something?

Also I'd love to see a Mega Hydreigon. Would bring it back up amongst the rank of dragon types and also be unbelievably badass at the same time. :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I feel it would be rather nice if some Pokémon such as Scrafty were to get one, perhaps.

When it was first introduced in generation five games--Black and White--it was quite popular. Its design seemed to have been liked by many fans, including me, and when it came to battling, it was very easy to utilize. It's got Shed Skin ability as well as Moxie; former allows it to have its status restored, while latter raises it Attack stat every time it would take down an opponent. These are two things that made Scrafty very well-liked among competitive battlers, I believe.

Unfortunately, its usage seemed to have dwindled after introduction of Black 2 and White 2, and when X and Y made their way, Scrafty was... completely gone, in a way. Nowadays, we find the Pokémon on about one team in every ten, which isn't that great. If it were to gain some mega-evolution form, however, I feel it would certainly help boost its popularity, generally, as it would be having more of high stats overall (maybe even access to some new moves alongside?).

Dedenne1

Years
    I believe Bisharp or Krookodile deserve one

Bisharp is overall, a really cool looking Dark type, but the problem is, Steel typing in way makes it more fragile although without Steel type it would be vulnerable to Fairy and Ghost. Since Fire and Ground are two really popular types however, so i believe Bisharp should be able to counter these in some way (maybe a Mega with Levitate somehow? :D ) and it obviously needs a stat increase, in Defense would be useful and a mega could give it that.

Krookodile was a really cool Pokémon back in Gen V but in Gen VI, it seems to have lost that popularity, mainly as many do not find it that useful competitively, this may be because of the vast mount of weaknesses that it has, and i believe a Mega with both increased stats and a changed typing could help it (Maybe Ground could be changed to Rock, or Steel perhaps?)
    I just really liked it back in the day and feel it should get a Mega.

Bisharp. Just Bisharp.

It just needs more bulk, And Defiant. That would solve all the issues when you have it on a team, Just saying... I don't know if I want it to resist a STAB Earthquake, That would be a bit broken.

A M-Bisharp sounds cool! I think for it to be levitating, it'd have to gain the ability to float from somewhere. Whether that's converting it to part flying type or adding rockets on its feet, that's the only way I can really see it happening. But yeah, it definitely needs one to fight off against all the popular types its weak too. Bisharp is also pretty amazing by itself so I think a mega would make it even better amongst fans, haha.

Defiant works actually! Yeah, we don't want to go too overboard. So maybe keep its same typing when it mega evolves and just buff its stats or something?

Also I'd love to see a Mega Hydreigon. Would bring it back up amongst the rank of dragon types and also be unbelievably badass at the same time. :D

I feel it would be rather nice if some Pokémon such as Scrafty were to get one, perhaps.

When it was first introduced in generation five games--Black and White--it was quite popular. Its design seemed to have been liked by many fans, including me, and when it came to battling, it was very easy to utilize. It's got Shed Skin ability as well as Moxie; former allows it to have its status restored, while latter raises it Attack stat every time it would take down an opponent. These are two things that made Scrafty very well-liked among competitive battlers, I believe.

Unfortunately, its usage seemed to have dwindled after introduction of Black 2 and White 2, and when X and Y made their way, Scrafty was... completely gone, in a way. Nowadays, we find the Pokémon on about one team in every ten, which isn't that great. If it were to gain some mega-evolution form, however, I feel it would certainly help boost its popularity, generally, as it would be having more of high stats overall (maybe even access to some new moves alongside?).

I am seeing a lot of bisharp which I agree with but idk about it resisting earthquake especially because I can never see it levitating as it is a soldier pokemon ;)
    hmm though it be nice with the increase in defense and such also a new ability that resisited fighting type moves would make it awesome although thinking of new abilities is hard haha but still that would give it a lot more leverage and use.

Since we just discussed hydreigon im glad to see the suggestion because that would be awesome although it may end up having insanely high attack stats it would be ok due to its weaknesses and would ko a ton of pokes then XD

Krookodile is actually one of my favorite pokes! because of its great typing cool design and coloring plus its power its still a great poke just average it needs that extra boost to put him on the competitive seen :P

Kinda same with Scrafty its also been used a ton then died off a bit after 5th gen and I really never see him on too many teams anymore. so same as krookodile average power unique typing just needs that little boost to bump him up!

Affliction

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    I don't think a flying Bisharp would be possible without a flying chess set, but of course there's Logic Chess for that. I'm not against it, though, in fact, I think it should get propellors of all things.

However, I actually think that it would be better if it had much better defenses than before, as almost every dark type centers around sweepers. Instead of worrying about Bisharp's weaknesses, think about the other types. If Bisharp was a wall, it would be harder for anything else to counter it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, I'm not too sure on flying Bisharp, either, sadly. I suppose it would have made sense if it had some pair of wings (perhaps tiny ones, similarly to ones from Scizor; I believe they would look better on humanoid Pokémon like this), but unfortunately, it does not carry them. They might be able to lend them to Bisharp after it mega-evolves, but I don't exactly know if that would be accepted by fans. When Pokémon change into their mega-evolution form, they go through minor changes, at least for most part, and this sounds to be rather major. It's a unique idea, though, nonetheless!

DarkPoke001

Years
    Yeah, I'm not too sure on flying Bisharp, either, sadly. I suppose it would have made sense if it had some pair of wings (perhaps tiny ones, similarly to ones from Scizor; I believe they would look better on humanoid Pokémon like this), but unfortunately, it does not carry them. They might be able to lend them to Bisharp after it mega-evolves, but I don't exactly know if that would be accepted by fans. When Pokémon change into their mega-evolution form, they go through minor changes, at least for most part, and this sounds to be rather major. It's a unique idea, though, nonetheless!

Although, yes, only Minor changes are supposed to be apparent in a Pokémon after it Mega-Evolves, i think it would still be possible to give a Pokémon some form of wings after they Mega Evolved (after all, they did it with Pinsir :) )

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    POTW: Hydreigon
    Hydreigon has an awesome design, totally looking like an evil floating beast wanting to destroy everything. I haven't trained it in any game, but I've used it on the Battle Server at which it was an awesome sweeper.
    While I like Hydreigon, I don't really like its evolution line. Zweilous is just a two-headed Deino, not much of a change. But when Zweilous evolved further it suddenly looses all its legs, grows another head and starts floating. However Hydreigon isn't the dragon at which is the most change, that's the evolution from Dragonair to Dragonite.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years

This so much. Scrafty is my favourite Pokemon and it was a Pokemon I legitimately enjoyed using. However as you said, Fairies as well as more accessible Fighting types really did push it down to the depths of UU (I heard it's struggling). It's all because of its bad HP, below average Attack and pitiful Speed that it screams for a Mega; of course of all those Unova Pokemon Audino had to get one which really devastated me. I think Scrafty doesn't need anymore moves since it gets access to Knock Off, Drain Punch, High Jump Kick, Ice Punch, Poison Jab (though getting Gunk Shot would be cool since it makes sense now that I think of it), Zen Headbutt, Dragon Dance, Bulk Up and Rest (cause Shed Skin). I have drew a lot of ideas of it but I haven't scanned them yet.

M. Bisharp would be cool but it's already in OU to punish the Defoggers but another buff would be nice; it's an epic Pokemon and it helps against those pesky Fairies in my Dark Mono~

M. Hydreigon would be epic; since some pseudos already got Megas why not Hydreigon? :3 But yeah like Scrafty, Hydreigon got pressured by Fairies and was pushed into UU. I also made a sketch for M. Hydreigon but I need to scan them.

In fact, give every fully evolved Dark type a Mega. :3

EDIT: I'm MidnightCombat btw, just got this username change.

Dedenne1

Years
    POTW: Hydreigon
    Hydreigon has an awesome design, totally looking like an evil floating beast wanting to destroy everything. I haven't trained it in any game, but I've used it on the Battle Server at which it was an awesome sweeper.
    While I like Hydreigon, I don't really like its evolution line. Zweilous is just a two-headed Deino, not much of a change. But when Zweilous evolved further it suddenly looses all its legs, grows another head and starts floating. However Hydreigon isn't the dragon at which is the most change, that's the evolution from Dragonair to Dragonite.
    glad u like it! ikr its so powerful despite its weaknesses its got that mega powerful SPATK!!! Deino is nice zwelious needs help though which I think we all agreed on! Yes? YEs? yes? alright haha ya it could be better but it does have the wings forming atleast I would have liked it three headed or something would make more sense!

I was thinking like rockets since its like part steel? :P or maybe some type of white jetpack molded into his back? mostly they have minor I agree although some where quite different haha but I still like the idea!

This so much. Scrafty is my favourite Pokemon and it was a Pokemon I legitimately enjoyed using. However as you said, Fairies as well as more accessible Fighting types really did push it down to the depths of UU (I heard it's struggling). It's all because of its bad HP, below average Attack and pitiful Speed that it screams for a Mega; of course of all those Unova Pokemon Audino had to get one which really devastated me. I think Scrafty doesn't need anymore moves since it gets access to Knock Off, Drain Punch, High Jump Kick, Ice Punch, Poison Jab (though getting Gunk Shot would be cool since it makes sense now that I think of it), Zen Headbutt, Dragon Dance, Bulk Up and Rest (cause Shed Skin). I have drew a lot of ideas of it but I haven't scanned them yet.

M. Bisharp would be cool but it's already in OU to punish the Defoggers but another buff would be nice; it's an epic Pokemon and it helps against those pesky Fairies in my Dark Mono~

M. Hydreigon would be epic; since some pseudos already got Megas why not Hydreigon? :3 But yeah like Scrafty, Hydreigon got pressured by Fairies and was pushed into UU. I also made a sketch for M. Hydreigon but I need to scan them.

In fact, give every fully evolved Dark type a Mega. :3

EDIT: I'm MidnightCombat btw, just got this username change.
    I had no idea who it was haha I like the UN change though!
    lol I can see it in a dark mono! sadly I don't have him in mine haha but hed be my mega if he ever got one lol!

THATS SOO COOL! If I had my ipad id post the pics on here but im on my computer I found some great ones I really like on dev :3
    lol all dark type megas Idk which Id choose!

Anyways! Tommarrow is Friday which means 2 hours of my day goes into the pokemon of the week which since the last couple I had chosen I let archer choose from a *small* list hehe but he still got to choose so ill be doing that up and any delay itll be the day after hope u guy are excited glad to see how busy this club is and im happy everyone enjoys it! Also mega scrafty just went through my head haha

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back