• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Darkness Falls~ *Dark Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
  • And yeah, I agree with you on the mega Mightyena. Maybe it could have its more wolfish qualities highlighted? I've always felt like it was rather werewolfy, alongside being a vicious and intimidating predator. The mega could help lead it in that direction or steer it completely opposite. What do you guys think?

Also that's a cool figurine! Where'd you get it? :D
    Oh yes, a werewolf mega for Mightyena would be amazing! Maybe it could go up on its two legs and be Dark/Fighting?

Thanks! Got it at Superstore (basically a Canadian market type of thing) a while ago (10 years ago? I don't remember). The eyes glow in the dark too! I have a Poochyena but not sure where it went.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Hmm maybe I'll choose umbreon hehe
    Anyways wow cool figure! Id say where did u get that but Aslan beat me :P im gonna have to go on ebay now haha!
    Wow a mega mighteyena is already cool and with a wear wolf design that would be so cool! Would give him the boost he needs and would probably look like one of the best Megas ever! It is such an intimidating pokemon thats probs why it has that ability along with moxie i wonder what its new ability would be maybe one that lowers the foes attack 2x?

Years
  • Sharpedo perhaps? Possibly for one a little more original than Umbreon or Absol? I mean I do like those two, but Sharpedo could use a bit more attention. :P

Anyway, sadly I never used Mightyena seriously at all, he looks alright and wouldn't be out of place with a Mega to boost its stats. Sorry for not being more detailed...

Dedenne1

Years

• Featured Dark Type Of the Week!
    ~Darkness Falls~ *Dark Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Umbreon, The Moonlight Pokémon. When exposed to the moon's aura, the rings on its body glow faintly and it gains a mysterious power. When agitated, this Pokémon protects itself by spraying poisonous sweat from its pores. When darkness falls, the rings on the body begin to glow, striking fear in the hearts of anyone nearby. It lurks in darkness and waits for its foes to move. The rings on its body glow when it leaps to attack.

Since majority wanted umbreon plus i love eevee evolutions i chose him but others will be soon in the future next week i picked a special one already! Hint: its a hoenn dark type!

Here i will go in depth on pics, stats, design, and a lot of other things so take a look!

Arts and design:

Arts:
    Spoiler:

Statistics, Ability, Moveset and Such:
    Spoiler:

Discussion questions:
    1) These are optional discussing other things other than these makes it more fun!
    2) What is your opinion on his overall look?
    3) Would you use him in competitive battling?
    4) Do you overall like, love, or hate him? Why?
    5) Did you ever use him in game? What region?
    6) OU or UU?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Umbreon's look--I feel I'm more fond of its shiny form than normal, to be honest.

Although its original one is nice, the reason its shiny stands out to me is eye color. In original, they are both red, which I find to be slightly freaky, especially since it's combined with Umbreon's overall dark body-color. Not only this, but shiny Umbreon also has neon stripes, which I find to be unique.

Competitively, I've used it a couple of times, and it seemed to have been decent. Its defenses are huge, which allow it to withstand some hits before being taken down. While it's doing so, it has chance to set up some stat boosts, which it could pass off to teammates by utilizing Baton Pass.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Umbreon's look--I feel I'm more fond of its shiny form than normal, to be honest.

Although its original one is nice, the reason its shiny stands out to me is eye color. In original, they are both red, which I find to be slightly freaky, especially since it's combined with Umbreon's overall dark body-color. Not only this, but shiny Umbreon also has neon stripes, which I find to be unique.

Competitively, I've used it a couple of times, and it seemed to have been decent. Its defenses are huge, which allow it to withstand some hits before being taken down. While it's doing so, it has chance to set up some stat boosts, which it could pass off to teammates by utilizing Baton Pass.

Firstly i think it would be a Great Wall on a dark type mono plus it is a good baton passer! And i do agree completely on the shiny form being better thats why i always use my shiny umbreon heheh.

New topic is going up on tuesday comeon guys everyone rooted for umbreon haha what else do u guys think of him?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Umbreon's cool! Not my style of play but it's overall a really nice pokemon, design and otherwise. Though honestly, it wasn't that good as an in-game team member. During my first playthrough of HG, I had used an Umbreon only to realise that at the end, it was only there to make my team cooler. So I can't say I've ever treated one particularly well, haha. ;____;

That being said, it is still one of my favourite eeveelution designs. I'd just rather not use it as a battler if that makes sense.

Also,

When agitated, this Pokémon protects itself by spraying poisonous sweat from its pores.

If Umbreon wasn't an eeveelution, I'd definitely go for the dark/poison here! Its already been done with Skuntank and Drapion but I still like the typing a lot. Maybe they could do a dark type with a similar idea to Umbreon's rings?

Overall, it doesn't look as fearful as its pokedex entry makes it out to be. If anything, it looks like a cat that roams the streets in the moonlight, searching for food. I guess it can be seen as intimidating with its blood red eyes but other than that, it's not actually too scary. Absol's like Umbreon in a sense - since both seem to have the same shade of eyes, alongside an innocent but destructive feel to them.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Alright so i do have the new topic i actually have more than 40 planned for the future lol but here's the current one and friday will hold the normal POTW also i am stuck on a couple feel free to tell me which ones of these you'd like to see in your response :D
    Weavile
    Bisharp
    Krookodile
    Sharpedo

And the current topic:
    Do you think there should be a starter Pokemon that's part Dark? If you do which of the three starter types you think would work best with a Dark typing? If not, explain why.

Ya so i thought we'd go in depth on this one i personally enjoy the question and im interested in everyone elses opinions :D

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
    Years
  • Username: Google2.0
    Reason you love dark types: they're great in-game and i love their designs.
    3 partner pokemon: Nyx which is the name of my Umbreon
    Answer any current topic:
    As of 6th gen Fairy-type is now super effective against Dark types while Steel loses it's resistances against Dark along with Ghost. What are your thoughts on all of the changes? How do you think it will affect the Dark type and all dark type pokemon competitively?Will it improve it or make it worse?

I believe it's quite balanced now, especially after steel lost it's resistance against dark.
    Dark types were always great in-game and competitively and i doubt it'll change anytime soon.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Username: Google2.0
    Reason you love dark types: they're great in-game and i love their designs.
    3 partner pokemon: Nyx which is the name of my Umbreon
    Answer any current topic:
    As of 6th gen Fairy-type is now super effective against Dark types while Steel loses it's resistances against Dark along with Ghost. What are your thoughts on all of the changes? How do you think it will affect the Dark type and all dark type pokemon competitively?Will it improve it or make it worse?

I believe it's quite balanced now, especially after steel lost it's resistance against dark.
    Dark types were always great in-game and competitively and i doubt it'll change anytime soon.

Welcome Google 2.0! Feel free to answer the new current topic i posted a little while before you! Also you can choose 3 partner pokemon not just 1 haha

faf

Years
  • Oops, almost missed the PotW!
    But Umbreon! Probably my favourite Eeveelution because of its sleek and simple design and back in the day, it was so reliable. It's a good UU mon just not in OU due to Clefable/Sylveon being better clerics. I even have a onesie + three plushies of it~

Do you think there should be a starter Pokemon that's part Dark? If you do which of the three starter types you think would work best with a Dark typing? If not, explain why.
    Greninja exists. :P But would I see more? Of course! Maybe we could have a Fire/Dark goat and a Grass/Dark wolf; I can see the Dark typings work well with the animals.

For PotW, Bisharp would be cool.

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
    Years
  • @Dedenne1: I know, but i'll stay with just Umbreon, thanks.

Well like Zinnia said, Greninja already exists but of course i would love to see more.
    @Zinnia: we already have a fire/ psychic fox, actually 2 of them (Ninetales counts?)
    I really would love to see a grass /dark wolf or something like that.

For Potw:
    Weavile

Dedenne1

Years
  • Oops, almost missed the PotW!
    But Umbreon! Probably my favourite Eeveelution because of its sleek and simple design and back in the day, it was so reliable. It's a good UU mon just not in OU due to Clefable/Sylveon being better clerics. I even have a onesie + three plushies of it~

Greninja exists. :P But would I see more? Of course! Maybe we could have a Fire/Dark goat and a Grass/Dark wolf; I can see the Dark typings work well with the animals.

For PotW, Bisharp would be cool.
    Ik Greninja exists i guess i should have added that haha. Im thinking along the lines of what u said for the other types and if you weren't completely in love with Greninja maybe a different one that could showcase the typing. Ohhh i like the fire dark goat! Like flaming horns? ️Haha. And the grass wolf i can see with a grassy fur pelt those are reall good answers!

@Dedenne1: I know, but i'll stay with just Umbreon, thanks.

Well like Zinnia said, Greninja already exists but of course i would love to see more.
    @Zinnia: we already have a fire/ psychic fox, actually 2 of them (Ninetales counts?)
    I really would love to see a grass /dark wolf or something like that.

For Potw:
    Weavile
    Thats fine haha.

I dont think we have a grass and dark ummmm fire and dark its only Houndoom i believe so if we did have these type of starters it would be pretty cool!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

Dark type starters would be popular with kids and adults so sure, why not? We've already seen a water/dark with Greninja being introduced so I'd suggest holding the same typing off for a while. People don't really want a repeat of three fire fightings in a row after all. But yeah, I'd actually go for the grass wolf since it seems like an original idea that could be fun to work with. What would it look like though? Are we going for the Mightyena sort of approach or something completely new?

It's a fun one though, that's for sure. I'd love to have a forest wolf on my team and I'm sure a lot of other people would too!

Fire/dark on the other hand, also sounds awesome. Though we'd have to be careful if we went for dogs or foxes as they could be seen as ripoffs. Fire/dark cats anybody? :D

faf

Years
  • @Google- Where did I say there should be a fox starter? I've never mentioned a fox in my post. :P
    @Dedenne- Fiery horns would be epic actually! And a grass pelt would be nice for the wolf~
    @Aslan- You did mention we shouldn't go overboard with clones of previous Pokemon so I was thinking the wolf should be different than Mightyena. Maybe it could be based of a red wolf? :D
    Fire/Dark cat would be epic! Maybe based of a maine coon called "Flamecoon"? ;)
    *Zinnia is booed offstage*

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Another dark-type starter would be pretty cool, I'm a big fan of Greninja these days thanks to SSB Wii U and I don't think it would be too redundant yet see Emboar and Infernape.

Brivoo

If any mods are reading this, go ahead and delete
    Years
  • Username: Jiggle Jammer Superballin'. Just kidding, it's Briv.
    Reason you love dark types: They're cool, they offer good strategies, and Sableye is one of them.
    3 partner pokemon: Sableye, Scrafty and Cacturne.

Starter dark thing

I think it'd be cool, though as it's already been said, I'd rather they held off from water/dark for a while. What would be cool would be a sort of reverse-efficacy wheel going on with the type advantages, like Fire-Dark, Grass-Fight and Water-Psychic or something.

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
    Years
  • @Google- Where did I say there should be a fox starter? I've never mentioned a fox in my post. :P
    @Dedenne- Fiery horns would be epic actually! And a grass pelt would be nice for the wolf~
    @Aslan- You did mention we shouldn't go overboard with clones of previous Pokemon so I was thinking the wolf should be different than Mightyena. Maybe it could be based of a red wolf? :D

I meant, there's already a psychic /fire fox so a dark wolf would be some sort of counterpart.
    Sorry, my mistake, i'll be more clear next time.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Do you think there should be a starter Pokemon that's part Dark? If you do which of the three starter types you think would work best with a Dark typing? If not, explain why.

Dark type starters would be popular with kids and adults so sure, why not? We've already seen a water/dark with Greninja being introduced so I'd suggest holding the same typing off for a while. People don't really want a repeat of three fire fightings in a row after all. But yeah, I'd actually go for the grass wolf since it seems like an original idea that could be fun to work with. What would it look like though? Are we going for the Mightyena sort of approach or something completely new?

It's a fun one though, that's for sure. I'd love to have a forest wolf on my team and I'm sure a lot of other people would too!

Fire/dark on the other hand, also sounds awesome. Though we'd have to be careful if we went for dogs or foxes as they could be seen as ripoffs. Fire/dark cats anybody? :D
    Firstly although there is a couple i think of dark and water im not exactly in its favor i rather see more grass and dark and fire in dark since i believe we only have cacturne, shiftry, and Houndoom and Houndoom is the only one that speaks to me haha. And omg yes fire and dark cats plzzzz. Id see it as a fox mixed with a wolf for grass probs though :D

@Google- Where did I say there should be a fox starter? I've never mentioned a fox in my post. :P
    Ive seen a fakemon that was fire and dark but it was a goat but i found it cool with the flaming horns hehe. Fox+Wolf=Mega awesome dark type starter haha it would be so cute then be powerful! Yay! Lol flamecoon haha.

Username: Jiggle Jammer Superballin'. Just kidding, it's Briv.
    Reason you love dark types: They're cool, they offer good strategies, and Sableye is one of them.
    3 partner pokemon: Sableye, Scrafty and Cacturne.

Starter dark thing

I think it'd be cool, though as it's already been said, I'd rather they held off from water/dark for a while. What would be cool would be a sort of reverse-efficacy wheel going on with the type advantages, like Fire-Dark, Grass-Fight and Water-Psychic or something.

Hey briv welcome! I like your picks for your partners Sableye is actually gonna be in an upcoming topic soon so we can discuss him and Scrafty is awesome. Im not super pleased with cacturne yet im trying him in AS but hes not great with the moveset sadly. Thats kinda what i had in mind actually thats what i based the question off of i saw a wheel of the fake starters and that was it so im like that would be kinda cool right? And that would be pretty awesome in my opinion!
    Anyways enjoy the club!

Um POTW Is still on friday and i still want imput so for those of u who havent feel free to put one of these in your response as POTW.

Weavile
    Bisharp
    Krookodile
    Sharpedo

And if u like which typing youd most anticipate? Water/Dark, Fire/Dark or Grass/Dark. :D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back