• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dat april fools. such disappoint. wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
  • I think this is really cute actually, at least when you compare it to the one two years ago which imo ended on a sour note.

Either way take a lot of these with a grain of salt imo this was fine.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I was only on for part of the day with Lerroux, so I didn't get too much of that fun. But honestly, that was fun, from what I was here for.

But complaints about today? Why? I'm laughing so much. (read: sitting at the computer with a straight-ish face, laughing internally and sometimes grinning externally) xD I got on PC at school and was so confused for a few seconds I don't even.
    I have a tendency to miss big events, which makes me sad and asdfghjkl; so this is actually a nice change of pace for me.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • I got on and I bit my lip before bursting into laughter as I scrolled down.

I don't think anything bigger than that was necessary. It wasn't too big, nor too subtle anymore. Although, Lerroux was fun while it lasted.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
  • I think the April Fool's day stuff has been great. Honestly , and not to offend anyone, but the only ones who seem to have a problem with this are teenagers. And we all know how fickle they are

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
  • I got on expecting something for April Fools... I was not disappointed. All of the forum titles are absolutely hysterical. I can't pick a favourite.

...Okay I think Pidgeyland is my favourite, but that is my personal bias speaking. Although the Vietnamese Crystal reference made me laugh, too.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Can someone set up a petition for Lerroux 2.0

:3
    Only if you provide the sauce.I really hope someone gets that reference

In all seriousness, I actually don't mind this joke, especially with the 3rd Generation section title which is still saying that it is not the rom hacking section. xD

Good job staff and stuff!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I was a little underwhelmed at first too.

But then I went back to the home page.

And for some reason the fact that the titles change made it freaking hilarious.

Years
  • I was hoping for fake staff bans but it was probably done already.

This is alright, I guess. None of my friends really cared about April Fools.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I hope you like my Vietnamese Crystal forum. After all, the trashy strolling is an eyesore.

You guys got me curious, so I went and looked up the Vietnamese Pokemon Crystal. And I found the TV Tropes page...and damn was that ♥♥♥♥ing hilarious. So hilarious I shed a few tears.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Personally the best one for me was the word filter one, with the "spam isn't fish here because its applesauce" bs and word switching that happened. Really, they've done so many things over the years, that they can't exactly re-use. Someone is always gonna be disappointed, no matter what the prank is.

I'm getting a kick out of the section names, actually.

+1 for Game Dev keeping it's current name.

Better that then rehashing something previously done. Especially if members are gonna leave and pitch a fit if something over the top happened.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • LOL; I came on here specifically expecting an April Fool's 2014 event. The background was the standard "Arceus" one (current default skin when you're not logged in) and I was like "Aww...no event this year? :(" Then I saw the sub-forum titles. {XD} I think Pokemon X and Y's subforum getting renamed to "HOENN REMAKES CONFIRMED" was my favorite. :P Wow, and I didn't know these were randomized!

It's the best april fools.

At least I can deal with this one, past years were so god damn annoying to browse the forum. Last year was absolutely terrible having to click on someone's profile to know who they are. :/

Kudos to staff for keeping it minimal.

Um, I think the same thing is happening this year; everyone is listed as "monster_coach" for me. I got confused for a few seconds; I was like "WTF? Why are you replying to/agreeing with/disagreeing with yourself, monster_coach"? So much double-posting, or so I initially thought. XD

Meh I was a mod at the time and it wasn't annoying to clean up at all. It was fairly self contained and fun tbh.

As for this joke... TPP randbats win. Server: 1, Forum: 0. c:
    NO THIS ISN'T WAR IT'S FRIENDLY COMPETITION.

Good to hear that mods had fun and that the clean-up work needed wasn't too intensive in past years!

Also, hai Forever! ^^ Haven't seen a post from you in like...forever! Although maybe that's cuz I'm somewhat inactive at times.. >.< Also, do I spy a Twitch Plays Pokemon reference...idk what randbats are, though..?

Did you really have to post this thread? :\ Maybe I'm just kinda sore because it took a while to get all the staff together and then for Audy and I (mostly Audy in fairness) to write the over 1000 lines of code that it took to change these forum names for the sake of one day.

I'll turn it off for you if you're really bothered by it, but... idk. I feel like it was nice that we did something simple this year and that it doesn't always have to be massive. These things are supposed to be a bit of fun, not something for people to pick flaws with since they're not disruptive enough or whatever.

Yeah...I'm probably going to have to revisit this thread tomorrow to figure out who everyone is again. XD

or maybe i'm just grumpy or something idk.

I personally like reading everyone's feedback for the annual April Fool's Day events here on PokeCommunity. I kind of wish there was an "April Fool's Day enable/disable" button (and/or profile setting? :D seriously, even though such a profile setting would most likely only receive use once a year, it could cut down on complaints quite a bit), so that people who don't want to partake in the event can still have their classic forum layout. I, for one, have enjoyed the April Fool's Day events that I've engaged in so far (IIRC, the Bidoof one?, the "shiny Pokemon for avatar" one, the "word filter APPLESAUCES" one, and this 2014 one!) :)

And I guess one's definition of "massive/simple" varies; it can be quite disorienting on this website if you're not familiar with each subforum's main page title and/or position. XD And the current "monster_coach" username filter isn't helping things.. :P

The point of April Fool's pranks are to annoy you, soooooo technically it's mission accomplished for us so far.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA

{XD}

Lerroux was an admin that took over the site and conformed it to his wishes. Fired staff members who disagreed with him, and was just an ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ to deal with. We made a fake staff forum where we discussed some things about a month before April Fools and started fabricating discussions, then made that forum public. It was a lot of fun to be on the staff during it. I think it was more fun for us than it was a member, though.

I really need to go hunt down the info on this "Lerroux" event; it sucks that I missed it! >.< It seems like a "you had to be there" moment (as do most April Fool's Day events, arguably) that keeps getting referenced after the fact, and I get lost/can't join in on the reference.. T_T

Personally the best one for me was the word filter one, with the "spam isn't fish here because its applesauce" bs and word switching that happened. Really, they've done so many things over the years, that they can't exactly re-use. Someone is always gonna be disappointed, no matter what the prank is.

I'm getting a kick out of the section names, actually.

+1 for Game Dev keeping it's current name.

Better that then rehashing something previously done. Especially if members are gonna leave and pitch a fit if something over the top happened.

This. It seems difficult to think up events for each year, and presumably most of them are going to be username changes, avatar changes, sub-forum/thread title changes, and/or the changing of the utilized forum background/skin, with some randomizers thrown in the mix. But in any case, I applaud the effort for this year's April Fool's Day event, and eagerly await the one for 2015! :)

---

Also, for any staff members reading this, could you please archive the text that was used in this year's April Fool's Day (2014) event? I'd appreciate and I (maybe other users as well?) would love to see what all of the available text options were for the main page's text randomizer, if possible! :) I mean, it would be a shame for that "1000+ lines of code" to go to waste after just one day...!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'll be the first to admit, this is pretty much par for the course for an online AF gag. Not as epic as Applesauces day or Sloooowpoke year, but it's acceptable, if a but subdued compared to past gags. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back