• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Anyway, someone on another site I frequent found this documentation page on the Microsoft Office Japan support website: http://office.microsoft.com/ja-jp/support/HA010103000.aspx

SO MANY EMOJI HAVE MERCY.

I literally think that if the internet had a day were text was banned, everyone would be able to talk a lot easier to each other using Emoji. But good lord is that painful to look at.
    Those are actually Kaomoji, which is essentially Japanese smileys, and not emojii.

If you guys think that was bad, then y'all should have seen Google Chrome on Android back on April Fool's Day, which had the option to translate text into emojii. :P

Years
  • Hmm, a year goes by today with me owning the Nexus 7 tablet. Too bad it's not the same tablet I got, because my first one had problems with random reboots.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Hmm, a year goes by today with me owning the Nexus 7 tablet. Too bad it's not the same tablet I got, because my first one had problems with random reboots.

I have the original Nexus 7 that I have had for some time. I have to wipe it every so often or it gets laggy. I guess it's an Android issue. :(

Years
  • My GoClever Hybrid tablet has a problem with random reboots while charging. My tablet also sometimes charges even when not connected to a charger (i'm gonna guess via keyboard) and that's really the only time the reboot problem gets annoying.

Years
  • Mmm....I'd suggest checking out something along those lines. Stock ROMs are a damned pain; The first thing I did when I got my Moto G was get a custom Bootloader and ROM myself.
    Keep in mind that using a custom ROM doesn't always solve slowness of Android devices, or devices in general. Sometimes there could be faults on the physical spectrum of things as well that could be causing the slowness, such as bad RAM.

Years
  • Keep in mind that using a custom ROM doesn't always solve slowness of Android devices, or devices in general. Sometimes there could be faults on the physical spectrum of things as well that could be causing the slowness, such as bad RAM.

This is true. I don't think a Nexus 7 of all devices would be having an issue like this-oh wait 1GB of ram.

I'll shut up now. xD;

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Mmmm, Dolphin. Just started using the browser, and my god its different from the stock one. Can't install Chrome(I have like 100mb of internal memory ffs), so I went with that. The sidebars are soooo good, and its much faster then what I get with the stock one, which I think has to do with the preloading.

Years
  • This is true. I don't think a Nexus 7 of all devices would be having an issue like this-oh wait 1GB of ram.

I'll shut up now. xD;
    No no no you're fine :)

I own a 2013 Nexus 7, and the first one I owned had a problem with randomly rebooting at any given time without notice. I even tried rooting it and putting ParanoidAndroid on it, and that didn't solve the reboots, so it had to have been something in the hardware. I got it replaced like three months later, though and its replacement has worked much better for me.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • A few hours ago I assembled my first junk PC setup and am using it now. :3

My Lenovo N585 is resting on top of the four other broken laptops next to this desktop tower I found, having an AMD Athlon X2 4200+, 1GiB RAM, 320GB HDD, an an NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE GPU. It was originally stocked with Vista Home Premium but I found it running 7 Home Premium x86, and am about to image it with 7 Ultimate x86_64.

I also found 3 internal HDDs and two spare MyBooks and am using a Microsoft IntelliEye mouse :3. Tomorrow I'm going to have Deano run an Ethernet cable into my room for my 8-port switch (easy for him since he's a cable/electrical contractor as employment), since atm the desktop's internet is being run from an Ethernet crossover cable out of my laptop's WNA (it'd be easier for both of them to be wired).

What I find weird, though, is that the desktop is getting double the speeds of my laptop even though it's running from it. o_O

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    No no no you're fine :)

I own a 2013 Nexus 7, and the first one I owned had a problem with randomly rebooting at any given time without notice. I even tried rooting it and putting ParanoidAndroid on it, and that didn't solve the reboots, so it had to have been something in the hardware. I got it replaced like three months later, though and its replacement has worked much better for me.

Rebooting happens very often on my Android phone, but not exactly sure why. Usually, it'd occur when I'm using it while having the device plugged into its charger. It's definitely bothersome, especially when you're in middle of writing something or making some phone call. Would try getting it fixed, but not sure if that'd be worth it, though, considering the price (which is a lot). With some extra money, I might be able to buy a new phone all together.

Years
  • Rebooting happens very often on my Android phone, but not exactly sure why. Usually, it'd occur when I'm using it while having the device plugged into its charger. It's definitely bothersome, especially when you're in middle of writing something or making some phone call. Would try getting it fixed, but not sure if that'd be worth it, though, considering the price (which is a lot). With some extra money, I might be able to buy a new phone all together.

Any idea what sort of phone you want to go for?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Years
  • Looks like there's a big change to how Internet Explorer is supported starting from early 2016.

At least IE8 won't stay supported until just slightly after 2020; it's now 2016. IE9 looks like will be also killed off after Vista and the original release of Server 2008 are EOL.

Pretty much they'll be supporting only the latest version of IE supported on an in-support OS; pretty similar to what other browser makers are doing.
    Looks like my school needs to get their ♥♥♥♥ together in that case. All of the computers in the library still use IE 9 and a lot still use Firefox 11. Yikes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back