• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • With a new system underway, i'd think more people will be out to get hardware modifications and the like. At a time like that they would probably be out for less compared to times they don't have new systems, if I remember.

Years
  • Well, I dunno if I fucked up here or not. Don't judge me for this action, but I went to register a domain at godaddy, and I for the love of my life cannot figure out how to privatize my information. I tried following their steps, but I can't seem to find the Settings icon they mention right here. >:(

Years
  • Well, I dunno if I ****ed up here or not. Don't judge me for this action, but I went to register a domain at godaddy, and I for the love of my life cannot figure out how to privatize my information. I tried following their steps, but I can't seem to find the Settings icon they mention right here. >:(

GoDaddy has a tendency to be overly confusing but if you do insist on sticking with them, here's the current procedure:

1. Log in and click on My Account.
    2. Click on Manage My Domains from the menu that opens.
    3. Click on Manage Privacy on the domain in question.
    4. Activate it on the next screen if you've already purchased it or add it to the domain if you haven't yet.

The settings button is also present on the Manage My Domains page but unnecessary as they have a direct link to the privacy options available.

Years
  • GoDaddy has a tendency to be overly confusing but if you do insist on sticking with them, here's the current procedure:

1. Log in and click on My Account.
    2. Click on Manage My Domains from the menu that opens.
    3. Click on Manage Privacy on the domain in question.
    4. Activate it on the next screen if you've already purchased it or add it to the domain if you haven't yet.

The settings button is also present on the Manage My Domains page but unnecessary as they have a direct link to the privacy options available.
    I don't even see a manage privacy button/option anywhere though. And when I highlight over the Privacy tab on the domain, there's nothing there for me to click.

Here's what I see when I click on Manage My Domains:

Spoiler:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Well that netbook sucked just as bad as the other netbook, so I'm going to "fix" this computer for... a few days.

It's got a Core i5, 6GiB of RAM, and even a Blu-Ray drive. *excite*

Zach, click on the edit columns hyperlink. That may have something.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I actually already did that and saw nothing extra, I'm afraid. :/

Ah, you're on their old control panel (or in the domain-specific one - is that where you end up when clicking through from the home page?). I'd see if there's away to switch to the new layout. Otherwise, maybe check the box and drop down more? It could also be under contacts on that table though it's been a long time since I've seen that so I'm not sure.

Years
  • Ah, you're on their old control panel (or in the domain-specific one - is that where you end up when clicking through from the home page?). I'd see if there's away to switch to the new layout. Otherwise, maybe check the box and drop down more? It could also be under contacts on that table though it's been a long time since I've seen that so I'm not sure.
    When I click from the My Account window at the top, this is all that I see right here:

Spoiler:

Do you happen to know how I could go about accessing the new CP layout by any chance?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Zack, always remember if you are having trouble with a company's product, don't forget to contact their customer support team. After all, part of the money that you pay them goes to paying for customer support. Be sure to use what you pay for!

Years
  • Zack, always remember if you are having trouble with a company's product, don't forget to contact their customer support team. After all, part of the money that you pay them goes to paying for customer support. Be sure to use what you pay for!
    In my mind, customer service is a last resort effort. I know it sounds weird, but with my past experiences on customer support, I've tended not to favor that option as much as asking around.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • In my mind, customer service is a last resort effort. I know it sounds weird, but with my past experiences on customer support, I've tended not to favor that option as much as asking around.

I do a quick google search, and if I don't find what I'm looking for then, I'll contact customer support. I've worked in a customer service call center. Believe me, it's almost always faster just to call customer support if you get stuck. And don't feel bad about calling for something that you feel is stupid. I've taken calls where the person was having trouble logging, turned out they weren't even on our website.

Years
  • When I click from the My Account window at the top, this is all that I see right here:

Spoiler:

Do you happen to know how I could go about accessing the new CP layout by any chance?

So, it turns out this is policy based but, for the sake of answering this question anyway, on the top right of the screen in your screenshot, there should be two buttons - one with four squares and the other with lines. You're in list view and the shortcut for domain privacy, when available, is only visible in tile view. Click that button and you'll see the layout I was referring to, albeit useless to you now.

For the record, as much as I'd love to blame GoDaddy here, that restriction is actually on the US registry as a whole, not specific to any single company.

Years
  • For the record, as much as I'd love to blame GoDaddy here, that restriction is actually on the US registry as a whole, not specific to any single company.
    Yeah, I saw that unfortunately. I called GoDaddy and surprisingly they had a customer service rep that happily processed my refund. I got rid of snivy.us and went with snivy.info, which did come with the whois protection ^_^

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Yeah, I saw that unfortunately. I called GoDaddy and surprisingly they had a customer service rep that happily processed my refund. I got rid of snivy.us and went with snivy.info, which did come with the whois protection ^_^

snivy.info. What a nice domain name. How did you manage to notice that domain name is up for grabs?

*hugs his twigzone.net domain*

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Bah, it's stated in GoDaddy's policy that .us domains cannot get WHOIS protection. Ugh.
    This one is paid for taxpayers like you.
    Thank you America.™

snivy.info. What a nice domain name. How did you manage to notice that domain name is up for grabs?

*hugs his twigzone.net domain*
    Web development is nice... it really is. I've been doing a lot of code cleanup lately, and Geany's awful theme support has made that less than nice... not to mention my screen is so small. I can't "fix" this laptop forever!

I've been using live sessions a lot now, lately. I should get onto imaging this PC with 7 so I can use the drive as a mobile Arch install. :3

Years
  • Yay, my Venue 8 Pro tablet decided to finally charge properly!

Last time I had it turned on was a few weeks ago, and it was stuck at 10% battery all night long while plugged in.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I don't know why, but whenever people talk about tablets or use one of them in front of my face, I suddenly get that urge of wanting one myself, just to see, what I can do with those. I'm probably one of those five people, who never had one (not counting those drawing tablets, obviously).

On another note: I have that hugh urge to program something in Python, but I really don't know what. So annoying...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back