• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Disappointing remixes

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
  • If there is one thing I'll admit about Gen 3... I couldn't care less about the music in RSE. I would see why people love the music of RSE, but brass doesn't stand out to me all that much.

That being said, however, I also don't know how to feel about the ORAS soundtrack. While I do love how they're going for a futuristic feel, I feel as if somebody is yelling at my face. Because of that, there are more tracks that I have mixed feelings on rather than ones I dislike.

If I can think of one remix at the top of my head I'm disappointed with, it'll have to be Steven's Battle Theme. RSE's version of Steven's Battle Theme is one of my favourite tracks because of how intense it sounded, but I can't say I was too fond of the ORAS version, as it took out said intensity.

Is it a bad thing? In FRLG they changed too much and ruined most of the songs IMO.

Excuse me for not sharing your opinion on this, but what in the Pokémon multiverse are you talking about? GameFreak did a great job on the soundtrack for FireRed and LeafGreen! What I've heard so far of the music from OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire has just blown me away, too…and that's just from me listening to the songs on YouTube. Have you heard the song that is currently used for battles against the Battle Resort's Chatelaines and which will probably be the song used for battles against Frontier Brains once the Battle Frontier is done being 'constructed' and added to OR/AS?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The only track that disappointed me was Fortree City, it just seemed a little too slowly paced. Apart from that, all of the tracks I've heard so far sound beautifully remixed.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Is it a bad thing? In FRLG they changed too much and ruined most of the songs IMO.

In FR/LG the only major thing they did was up the pitch and added a few more MIDI channels, as the originals only had 3. They also added modern instruments to songs that originally were played with GB synth.

Really, take the FR/LG wild battle theme and take the pitch down by 2 or 3. It'll sound close to the original.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    One track I wasn't all that impressed with though is the new Brendan/May battle theme. It's not that different from the original, but the original sounds better to me.

I was also hoping that some of the towns wouldn't have the exact same themes again. I know that's how it was in the original R/S and they had to do that for nostalgia pandering and continuity's sake, but.....couldn't they have made a different variation for each town that shares the same music? Make the base the same but give them little differences to distinguish them somewhat? It doesn't help when they all sound so similar to the original ones too.

But Zinnia's battle theme is great even though I have yet to get to the post-game/Delta Episode. It's not something I would've expected from a Pokemon game's OST.

Years
  • The only remix I was remotely disappointed by was the Elite Four theme. It was.. very underwhelming, especially since the original was probably in my list of top Pokemon songs. Definitely not very pumped each time I go into battle with them; it all sounds exactly the same and nowhere near as powerful as an E4 theme should be.

On a happier note, I loveloved what they did with Sootopolis' music. :') -jigs-

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • The Elite Four battle theme disappointed me, yeah. The original soundtrack sounded EPIC, exactly what you would expect from an Elite Four Battle. Unfortunately, I'd say it's the worst soundtrack of any Elite Four. I just sounded flat. I did love the music that played while you were talking to them though, that sounded edgy and cool. If only that translated into their battle!

Other than that though, I really loved what they did with the music! Would have loved a more modern version of Raikou/Entei/Suicune battle, but +1 for nostalgia factor.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Something else that I was disappointed to learn is that they just re-used old tracks for the battles with the legendaries you can find at the mirage spot wormhole things.

I wanted to hear new versions of the legendaries' battle themes =(

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Something else that I was disappointed to learn is that they just re-used old tracks for the battles with the legendaries you can find at the mirage spot wormhole things.

That could be because you're reaching into their realm in their respective regions (the portals). Still, I agree... It was lazy on Game Freak's part.

I still cannot believe Game Freak hasn't released the ORAS super music collection on iTunes when the Japanese CD is already out.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    just elite four battle music... mainly because they removed AWESOME THING CALLED CLAPPING. BUT despite that OR/AS soundtrack is one of my favourite soundtrack and beats X/Y easily.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • The music of OR/AS is hit-and-miss for me, it's not as amazing as that of the past few games, but that's because I heard somewhere that the composer for X/Y and the previous games left Game Freak.

If anything, I remember the original versions of many songs a lot better than the newer versions, since some of them kind of lack the same feeling the originals had. For instance, the Rustboro/Mauville theme sounds more like elevator music than it did with the urban feeling it had in the originals (which may fit with Mauville, but not Rustboro or Mossdeep). Another theme that's lacking is the Mt. Chimney theme, which sounds very awkward in the first few notes. Fortree City also doesn't sound as upbeat as the original did, the version of the song that plays in the Secret Bases has more of the feeling of the originals than the one played in Fortree itself.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Something else that I was disappointed to learn is that they just re-used old tracks for the battles with the legendaries you can find at the mirage spot wormhole things.

That could be because you're reaching into their realm in their respective regions (the portals). Still, I agree... It was lazy on Game Freak's part.

I still cannot believe Game Freak hasn't released the ORAS super music collection on iTunes when the Japanese CD is already out.

You're spot on Altius but the word you're looking for is clever, not lazy. ;D (y)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Something else that I was disappointed to learn is that they just re-used old tracks for the battles with the legendaries you can find at the mirage spot wormhole things.

The reason why Game Freak decided to add in the original tracks for the legendary beasts, legendary musketeers, kami trio, lake trio, Heatran, Lugia, Ho-oh and the creation dragons may be because they want to appeal to the nostalgia fans.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    One track I wasn't all that impressed with though is the new Brendan/May battle theme. It's not that different from the original, but the original sounds better to me.
    Well, it's growing on me now.

Steven's new battle theme, not so much.

Years
  • From a musician's perspective, I believe that GameFreak did a good job modernizing these tracks for the younger generations, although there are some disappointing themes (elite four battle...) we probably think that because we're so in love with the original themes. Just my two cents.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I think I'm the only one who actually loves the new Fortree theme. It doesn't seem like its people lead a fast pace of life anyway.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Overall, I thought that the remixed tracks sounded pretty similar to the original soundtrack, so there was nothing that blew me away. However, I didn't like what they did with the final end theme. Game Freak made a remix medley of the major songs on the soundtrack and I didn't really appreciate it too much. I was looking forward to listening to the ending track in all of its revamped glory and it was quite the letdown when I found that it was just a medley.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Nostalgia won me over, honestly. I'm pretty glad that the remixes aren't really different to the original. In fact, merely listening to the soundtrack is enough to reminisce the days of my first Pokemon playthrough.

Although, I am majorly disappointed in Fortree's tune. Sure, it fits with the town itself, but the slow theme was the last thing I expect from Fortree City. And the Elite 4 was a bit lackluster compared to the original.

Back