• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[dLtMs0 v 5.4] ITT SHINJI IS CONFIRMED FOR GROSSEST; Days till Pokestick Day: check new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Needs moar slings
    Spoiler:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    FINALLY, people decoded X&Y

Guess who's got yet ANOTHER remixed track?

Spoiler:

All hail our Dark Lord Green

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    ....what?

How can you 'not play' it?

SIXTY-NINE, OH HOW I'VE MISSED YOU

It's a turn-based RPG made for kids, it's not like playing [insert game with overly complicated combat here]

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

It's not comparable to the other Pokemon games. I dare say that it was and still is a pretty big mistake.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

I'd wager it will be, at least if your problems with XY had to with how unpolished it was.

This time they already have a region, characters, and story to go from, and they don't have to make a completely new engine and create models for every single Pokémon either. So one would assume they focus on making the game itself good, this time.

Now if you never liked RSE to begin with, we're probably all ♥♥♥♥ed.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Then it should be no problem, because the remake will have the feel of RSE and the sprites from it (well, not sprites...adapted models, more like).

Personally, I liked all of the changes they made. The more permanent ones, specifically. The cinematics, the non-intrusive online integration, the customization, and especially the change to 3D perspective. As well as the way that the world was explored. I mean, I'm not the biggest Kalos fan, and I'd say that RSE will probably be the more fun game to play with those changes in place. After all, XY's music wasn't really earwormy like Gen 1-4. But I liked the changes so much that I wouldn't have minded if they went back and remade RBY (or GSC). If they'd only waited one more generation...

Years

I liked HGSS. It's the only Main Pokemon game that adapted the Yellow PKMN follow you around mechanic.

Plus before the "HOENN CONFIRMED" campaign, people were clamoring for Johto.

Try it before judging.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

If you dislike it for aesthetic alone you missing like everything else that can make up a good game. I've been enjoying sixth gen overall quite a bit (game and anime alike).

But that's just me.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

@Netto - I have HGSS, but I'm a much bigger fan of Gen VI than I was of Gen IV, in that I wasn't much of a Gen IV fan and only really liked Platinum (and HGSS to an extent, but I'm not really enthused to beat it). Mechanic-wise and aesthetically, I'd much rather see GSC on Gen VI than Gen IV or Gen V.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

I mean the aesthetic is one thing, and my friends saying that it's not comparable to the other Gens are making me not want to play it. That and the new Pokemon as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back