• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EMOTION Round 3

stringzzz

Banned
Days
  • Pretty happy, my Dad is happy because Project Father's Day was a success, and that doesn't even include the dinner I'm buying him later tonight!

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Numb.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • Excited and hopeful. I got my registration appointment for the Fall semester of college today, it's next month. Then, I'm starting the semester mid-August, which is earlier than I thought it was going to be. I've found out in my short time off of school that I really need the sense of accomplishment that comes with doing my classes, it's essential for my mental health.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Weird

I was looking for some Krita tutorials and found an artist who also had this very weird video where they tried to explain capitalism to artists while calling them lazy and whatnot. But that person actually didn't have any idea how capitalism works. So, I not only disliked that video (which is a first for me). But I also spend a lot of time writing them an extensive comment on how capitalism works and why those "lazy" artists complain about it.

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • Ashamed. Looking back on how I talk and post most of the time, I can be honest with my self, I'm a total weirdo. Sometimes I even creep myself out with how I say things. All I really want is for everyone to be happy, but what the hell can I do about that? I'm just some weirdo, one strange person, what can I really do to help others?

Years
  • Ashamed. Looking back on how I talk and post most of the time, I can be honest with my self, I'm a total weirdo. Sometimes I even creep myself out with how I say things. All I really want is for everyone to be happy, but what the hell can I do about that? I'm just some weirdo, one strange person, what can I really do to help others?

You should not feel like that about yourself, Stringzzz. We all have our own way of thinking and reacting, and it is alright to be different. Wanting others to be happy is a trait of a nice person. To help others, being there for them, to listen and offer compassion is already a great start!
    Yes, we are not psychologists, can only write text, and can only do so much, but trying to help does count!

Last edited:

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • You should not feel like that about yourself, Stringzzz. We all have our own way of thinking and reacting, and it is alright to be different. Wanting others to be happy is a trait of a nice person. To help others, being there for them, to listen and offer compassion is already a great start!
    Yes, we are not psychologists, can only write text, and can only do so much, but trying to help does count!

I appreciate your input, you are definitely a kind person. This made me think that maybe I'm looking at myself in too negative of a way. So then, my emotion was: Relief, I was feeling better.

But then, I considered something. It's easy to be too kind to yourself, in which case it can lead to being lazy when it comes to trying to improve yourself. If I don't think of myself in any negative light at all, then I won't see my flaws, and as such, I won't improve on those flaws. So, I think it is healthier for me to remain positive, but still recognize these flaws in myself so I can work on them.

So finally, in sticking with this thread, my current emotion is: Determined. Determined to do better with my life. Change starts with small steps, so that's where I'll start. I do feel much better after thinking through that, I guess sometimes it takes emotions other than happiness to grow as a person, hah. :3

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Happy!

One of the longest held mysteries from my childhood was solved today because of a friend! It feels great to finally close that case lol.

Edit: Just saw this.
    Ashamed. Looking back on how I talk and post most of the time, I can be honest with my self, I'm a total weirdo. Sometimes I even creep myself out with how I say things. All I really want is for everyone to be happy, but what the hell can I do about that? I'm just some weirdo, one strange person, what can I really do to help others?

First of all stringzzz, you're far from weirdo, and even if you are, so what? Second of all, sometimes all it takes to make someone else's day better is just to be nice to them! Life sucks for a lot of people, and having to deal with a bunch of a**holes all day doesn't help make it better, so coming on here and seeing a friendly, cheerful post or message just proves that not all the other people in the world are like the jerka**es I mentioned above. Nothing wrong with critiquing yourself, but don't missplace the value of just being nice. 👍

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    A little peeved. My phone decided to force the Android 12 update overnight. The UI is terrible. They also added a weird wavy animation while scrolling which was making me motion sick. At-least there was an option to turn that off.

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • Pretty happy and excited. While I don't have an official job right now, it looks like I'm lined up to help build a big, wood fence for a family friend. Doing some work and getting some money is much needed right now, so I'm excited about doing this. Plus I haven't done any kind of construction stuff in a long time, so it should be interesting.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Me right this moment:👇
    Spoiler:

Back