• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Explain your username.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    my standard answer to this question:

Explain your username.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Kieran is my favorite Fire Emblem character. Kieran was taken on another forum I frequented years ago so I went by Keiran for years. God, I can't believe how long I've used this name online. Almost 11 years.

Years
  • I wanted a name that could be something simple enough to pronounce and read, but sort of catchy. Sadly I was not in any video game/movie/T.V. show craze to choose a name from there, which would've been very memorable, and I don't have pets or anything. I just wanted a name that was cool, which was not "pun intended" until I actually decided to take a name that was literally "cool." So, Aisu, because Japanese is so awesome.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Mine is... sorta pokemon related? O____o I came up with it because I love Pikachu, and I think dots are cute, I guess. Thus, pikadots was born. I also thought it was kind of unique for PC, and I just kind of went with it. I really like it too.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Mine is pretty Random.

I thought of the beginning of my real name
    .. Mar... Maw... Maw..ii? .. Non.. Maa...wa! MAWA!
    That's it XD

But a long time ago, on some other frums, I was known as Nock'xy. But it was so long ago, I was a teenager, I loved this username but it doesn't represent me now.
    I do have the username TheFrenchSnivy on other sites.

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    My name comes from when a white and black dragon love eachother very much and aren't afraid to show it and yugioh.

I want to change it :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I picked a random word that I thought sounded cool and typed it into the username area. I was 12.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I actually really liked Blue's username and was thinking about changing my name to a color like him, but I couldn't really pick a favorite color. Thus, I picked all of them.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • It means carnivals in Russian. Only reason it's my username is because Euphonium gave me a lot of attention I didn't want. I probably regret the decision. I want Euphonium back.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • The basis of my username is "Saniok" ("Санёк"), one of the possible diminutives of the name Alexander in Russian. When I got my first passport years back, the first letter of my last name ("Х", the cyrillic version of "H") was transliterated as "Kh", so I just merged the two, making my username SanioKh.

Back in the day I was living in Ukraine, and the Ukrainian version of "Alexander" is "Oleksandr", so until I got the French nationality and switched my first name to its French version, my initials were "OK", which I ended up merging into my username as well, hence the capitalized "O".

... I had this username for over a decade, I seriously think of retiring it.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    My username is my curse that I have to carry until the time is "right".

It has long since lost its meaning and is now just as empty as I am myself.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I came here to save the index page from Klippy's new username by posting but someone else posted first

My username is my real name

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    From the Wikipedia page, Characters of DragonLance

Astinus of Palanthas, human, also known as Astinus Lorekeeper, is the head librarian of the Library of Palanthas. Fistandantilus created the Sphere of Time for Astinus to view the land and record everything as it is happening—truly, he "sees all as it is happening". Astinus records all history as it happens until the Chaos War, when he disappears. Astinus is believed by some to be either an aspect of Gilean, god of the Book, or a son of his. A legend states that Astinus is being trained by Gilean to go back to the beginning of time and become Gilean, thus entering a time loop.

Makes sense for me, since I like watching everything that goes on around the forums, and I'm really getting known as PC's historian.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    My name? You'd expect me to tell you it's from some obscure character you've never heard of, right? The truth is that I just made it up on my own ten years ago. The "Arylett" part, anyway.

Arylett is a combination of the letter "A", which my first name begins with and is my favorite letter, "scarlet" and "crimson." This combination was rendered as Arilet at first. However, I added an extra t because it looked better. And I changed the "i" into a "y" to experiment further with spellings. Incidentally, that looked better as well. It is the most fitting name for me that anyone could ever think of. Red has been the only constant in my life. The fact that it's my favorite color for some reason, and that I deeply associate and identify with it. Since I was a small child, it has never changed. That color is is simply who I am, and I've never doubted it even for a second. The one thing I am 100% certain of my life.

Charnoa? That came later. For a long time, I was Arylett Dawnsborough. And I originally invented Charnoa as a middle name for that. So I randomly combined "Charmander," which a friend was saying I reminded them of due to the burning flames of my passion, and "Rinoa," a character from Final Fantasy VIII who I used as an avatar frequently in those days. I only just started using it as a last name for Arylett recently. A year ago, I became Arylett Charnoa. And I'm pretty content with that as well.

Last edited:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • A lot may think that it's just an alternate spelling of 'Harmony', but that's not true. Harmonie is a term dating from at least the 18th century which was used to describe a wind ensemble. Thus it just fits me and my love for woodwind and brass instruments so well. I also own quite a few of them, more than enough for a 'harmonie', lol.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • My username is Spanish, translated to "The Dark Hero." I remember reading a book one time - can't remember the book's name unfortunately - where the author created a character hero that was constantly torn as to which side to side with (i.e. good or evil.) There were tendencies when he would do good deeds, and times where he would do bad things. I liked that kind of contradicting character which is how the English translation came to be.

However, the reason why it's Spanish is actually just because I didn't like it in Italian. Because I am Italian, I wanted to make it Italian but I didn't like the way "Il Hero Scuro" sounded, and thus I looked for the Spanish translation and concluded that I liked "El Heroe Oscuro" much much more.

(:

Back