• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Character

Who is your favorite character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Oh man. A wiki article about the girl that was clearly the most iconic in the show's development but not the subsequent ones? Clearly that means nobody loves May. Did you miss the parts where May almost always comes second on fav girls polls? And not by an awful margin? It's a fact that people like May. That's absolutely indisputable. I'm not claiming she was the best ever, or is the top choice for everyone, or even that she is loved by everyone. I am saying that she is loved by a significant amount of people and that her development was well-handled. The end, that is indisputable, I'm going to ignore you if you try to argue further, happy holidays.

Fine, I guess you have a point about her receiving development (She's only second to Misty in that regard, though, which is mainly growing to becoming apathetic to training to a confident coordinator), though they still could and should have done it much better, like make sure she wasn't the same as the Love Hina girls or the Fiorello Fangirls (and also make sure they either give her a smaller rack so she actually looks her age, or at least actually make her older so her physical appearance doesn't come across as being extremely controversial, as I know plenty of people hated her design in the anime due to her age), maybe also make sure she actually does feel a bit sad about having to leave Ash so it actually is made somewhat clear she did value him as a friend (oh, and definitely not have her cry in devastation when she did much better than before, I should point out), which is pretty much my main reason for my dislike of her. And I agree, let's drop it. Besides, if we continue longer, the updated policy will probably nail us to a wall even though neither you or I are trolling at all.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    My fav character is ofcourse Misty. Actually she is my fav character in all the animes I have ever seen. oh Mist mist mist mist mist mist....... her nick name is also beautiful. Most importantly her innerself is most beautiful,sensitive,touching and thats the most important thing. pokemon ended for me that day when Misty left. And the fact that Misty is the only pokegirl to have a wilkipedia article, alone explains how popular and beloved she is around the world. I just hope Ash finally recognizes his feelings for Misty. Some people say that love grows when lovers are away from eachother. I hope that thing applies for Ash and he misses Misty and gets back to her.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    May is my favourite. I thought she brought great energy to the show after nearly 300 episodes of Misty and Brock. She was less tomboy and closer to girly-girl but not to the extent of Dawn or Serena, which I thought was a good balance. I thought her contest goal was really fun and a nice complement to Ash's gym battles.

Dawn probably comes as second and Serena third.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    My fav character is ofcourse Misty. Actually she is my fav character in all the animes I have ever seen. oh Mist mist mist mist mist mist....... her nick name is also beautiful. Most importantly her innerself is most beautiful,sensitive,touching and thats the most important thing. pokemon ended for me that day when Misty left. And the fact that Misty is the only pokegirl to have a wilkipedia article, alone explains how popular and beloved she is around the world. I just hope Ash finally recognizes his feelings for Misty. Some people say that love grows when lovers are away from eachother. I hope that thing applies for Ash and he misses Misty and gets back to her.

Nice explanation for your love for Misty. You'll need to actually vote for her, though.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Since pokemon are counted as characters, I'll just mention my favorites from the movies.

Zorua and Zoroark in their respective movie, Zoroark: Master of Illusions. I love how they were portrayed in the movie as the stars. I really love Zorua's character in that movie for being so adorable and so determined at the same time. As for Zoroark or Meema, I loved her as the mama-wolf. Vicious and intimidating while extremely loving and caring for her son (The Zorua in the movie is a male). While no offense to any of the human characters in the series, but Zorua and Zoroark's relationship as a child and mother (as a family) is better portrayed than the human children's relationship to their parents.

kartöflur

actual potato
    Years
  • Ash's Pikachu is just so darn cute, but honestly, Conway wins favourite character. He may be a creepy, possibly stalker, but he's interesting and I wish the anime had went more in-depth with him. I guess it adds to his "mysteriousness" or whatever. He definitely had a thing for Dawn, but he expressed it in his own awkward way, like having Slowking use protect to protect Piplup, and the two were an awesome team in the tag team competitions.

Clemont's growing on me though, with his nerd-dork antics and constant failing at making an invention that doesn't blow up after/during it's use. It's funny, but a nice touch to the supposed genius he is, showing that even though he's a super-smart genius, he still (constantly) makes mistakes like anyone else? And his relationship with Bonnie (and Ash) is just the sweetest.

Ash is cool too, even as an eternal ten-year-old. He may not be the sharpest, and eats a ton, but he still seems like a pretty cool guy to be around, even though he doesn't really act his age (a little bit older sometimes...).

But Conway's definitely a fav.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    I decided to vote for Misty.

Reason i prefer Misty personally is because of strong, outspoken personality having many sides and quirks to her bringing lot of humor, drama and endearment in cast. Because of touching past having to live in sister shadow being constantly degraded having to work hard for everything she accomplished. Because of unique niche of being one type trainer striving to become best with water type, her pokemon and strong sense of presence managing to remain active despite not having fully fleshed out story like May and Dawn. I also liked her attitude standing up for weak, not letting others to put her down and often taking initiative to move things forward giving to others motivation to never give up from their dreams.

Imo character value shouldn't be measured by how much he does, but by how valuable and important things he brought to show were and how much of impact he left in general. And way i see it Misty contributed alot. She brought lot of sharp and witty humor, flamboyant dynamics and comedy in cast. Helped Ash to grow as trainer ad person helping him abut basics and making sure to stay out of trouble. Entered various races, tournaments and contests, often influenced story by saving other lives, getting group out of danger(such as from sunk ship convincing berserk pokemon to stop with destruction, baited Ash out of jail, took care of Ash, Brock or Tracey when they were poisoned or sick etc), came up with various jokes and solutions to clues solving mystery behind kidnapped pokemon, helped others which had issues with older siblings and friends to fight for themselves ,preventing natural disasters caused by pokemon or human factor etc.

She had plots and story too. Like complex of inferiority imposed on her by sisters, had goal of becoming water master, strive to learn as much as she can about pokemon types and some day meet and catch legendary water type. Had fears which posed obstacle on her way like Gyarados and bugs along with often giving us insight in her fears ans struggles she went through getting some valuable growth(like overcoming childhood fear, improving as trainer, earning sisters respect and becoming more confident and levelheaded valuing her friendship with others.

Personally i find Misty is great character and most captivating, emotional companion Ash had which never got chance to be used to full potential with lot of material about story ending unused/unfinished. And if by some miracle she ever returns again whether through appearance or something more i would welcome it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2016
    Ash, of course! He's managed to stay 10 for many years and get all the legendaries to like him, and everyone still believes he is human!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Pleased to see May is still dominating, with Dawn a close second. Although it's a p even spread due to the smallish community and the multiple choices, I do feel like this is a p standard result. The one surprise is actually Misty not even hitting the top three.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Pleased to see May is still dominating, with Dawn a close second. Although it's a p even spread due to the smallish community and the multiple choices, I do feel like this is a p standard result. The one surprise is actually Misty not even hitting the top three.

That's largely because most of us Misty fans basically gave up hope and probably didn't even find the poll in time.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I mean... it closed on the 7th of January tho. that's a fair amt of time. and as far as i can tell, all the ones proclaiming misty as fav got their votes in so

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I closed the poll on that day just to guarantee that the winner wouldn't change while I announced it or some other unlikely event occurred. Anyways, PC's favorite character, as voted by the members of PC, is May! Expect to see what this will mean on February 1st!

With that said, the poll should now be open again :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I closed the poll on that day just to guarantee that the winner wouldn't change while I announced it or some other unlikely event occurred. Anyways, PC's favorite character, as voted by the members of PC, is May! Expect to see what this will mean on February 1st!

With that said, the poll should now be open again :D

Well, that should give us Misty fans more time now to regroup and make sure that we either win or at least get a far better ranking than before.

Sir Codin

I'm not really surprised by the current poll results in terms of the female companions. All of Ash's female cohorts have been pretty well-loved.

Except Iris. Nobody loves her.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I'm not really surprised by the current poll results in terms of the female companions. All of Ash's female cohorts have been pretty well-loved.

Except Iris. Nobody loves her.

Don't forget Serena. She's apparently pretty unpopular, at least in Japan, and apparently, she unpopular enough that she's currently listed as a scrappy character on TVTropes.

Sir Codin

Don't forget Serena. She's apparently pretty unpopular, at least in Japan, and apparently, she unpopular enough that she's currently listed as a scrappy character on TVTropes.
    She doesn't act like Iris.

That's good enough for me.

Back