• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Mine will always be Jolteon! :D

But for this thread this is better off in Pokemon General and I'm going to scoot it over there. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    I'll do you one better and give you my favorite from each gen with my fav legendary from that respective gen as a bonus (my favorite Mon tend to be the non legendaries so it's better I separate them)

Gen 1: Squirtle/Mewtwo
    Gen 2: Ursaring/Entei
    Gen 3: Skeptile/Kyogre
    Gen 4: Leafeon/Giratina
    Gen 5: Krookodile/Kyurem
    Gen 6: Greninja/Yveltal
    Gen 7: Komala/Solgaleo
    Gen 8: Grookey/Kubfu

If I had to pick just one favorite, it would be Squirtle. My love for turtles transcends my love for Pokemon and they couldn't of designed Squirtle any better if they wanted to. If it wasn't for Squirtle I wouldn't be a Pokenerd. I would still like Pokemon but not nearly as much as I do. It was really hard to pick a favorite for gen 8 as I'm really not fond of this gen. I do love Grookey and Kubfu, but I don't like the looks of what they evolve into, so if I ever get SwSh I might Everstone it up with them

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    There are many Pokemon that I love, but two Pokemon especially: Pikachu and Raichu. Pikachu has a cute design, a cute voice, it was fun seeing it in the anime, I've got a giant Pikachu plush that has been with me for most of my life, and it's fun to use in the games, as it's fast and gets some nifty moves like Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave. However, Raichu is better to use in the games, as it's stronger, faster, and it can take hits better. Also, Alolan Raichu is even cuter than the regular Raichu, plus it's got a secondary typing and Psychic moves. Therefore, they're tied as my #1 favourite.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    There are many Pokemon that I love, but two Pokemon especially: Pikachu and Raichu. Pikachu has a cute design, a cute voice, it was fun seeing it in the anime, I've got a giant Pikachu plush that has been with me for most of my life, and it's fun to use in the games, as it's fast and gets some nifty moves like Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave. However, Raichu is better to use in the games, as it's stronger, faster, and it can take hits better. Also, Alolan Raichu is even cuter than the regular Raichu, plus it's got a secondary typing and Psychic moves. Therefore, they're tied as my #1 favourite.

Not Feraligatr? Color me shocked 🤣

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    My favourite Pokemon ever is Arcanine but Gulpin is a close favourite. I don't have a special reason for liking Arcanine other than that I think it looks super cool. Happy to say I have plushes of both. :D

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Due to its aesthetic and nostalgic value, I currently consider Wartortle my favorite. I remember writing a short story about it with my mom—Wartortle's Loose Tooth—and my Dad getting me a bootleg Wartortle (Southern Islands) sticker card from a vending machine. Those sticker cards are such a big part of my childhood and I honestly prefer them over a lot of my real cards. I also SR'd a Shiny Squirtle a few years ago, evolving her into Wartortle, and now I find myself rotating between her and Leafeon (another aesthetic favorite) as my lead.

Dunsparce is a really close second, especially Shiny Dunsparce, so close that it may as well be tied. It had been my mascot for years, having chained one with the perfect nature-ability combo in Pearl that I used for my first playthrough of HeartGold and kept on my team throughout the generations. These days I try to only use full-odds Shinies, but while I have found a full-odds one since, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to still use my original Shiny 'Sparce.

Top 10 (probably):
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Impossible for me to pick only one so, guess I'll do a titanic effort to pick only ten:

Froslass
    Houndoom
    Staraptor
    Miltank
    Honchkrow
    Mismagius
    Dusknoir
    Ninetales (both forms)
    Roserade
    Mawile

There are a few Pokémon from recent gens that have potential to become my favorites as well, it's probably a matter of time, they just didn't grow on me as much as these older ones yet.

Years
  • Top 5 continue to be Flareon, Deoxys, Poipole, Cinccino, and Raichu. Love ❤️ Can't forget precious Mareep and Wooloo though (since I know people will point it out aha).

Years
  • shaymin!! always shaymin!! ❤

bulbasaur is #2, and then glaceon is #3. everything after that is kinda up in the air and changes.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    this glorious bitch:
    Spr_5b_644.png

And I imagine Zekrom will always be my favorite Pokemon

Years
  • Those three are all great :D Higher on my list too. What do you think of Gallade?

Glad they're getting lots of love!! I really like Gallade too but find myself using Gardevoir more and more when I have a Kirlia to evolve after the addition of Fairy Type. He's a good physical counter part to Gardevoir's special. Now that I think about it, I could run them both on the same team when doing a monotype run...

haha wow my rambling just gave me a great idea thanks!

Back