• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Sun and Moon Pokemon Thus Far?

Check All Pokemon That Are In Your Top 10 Pokemon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Looks to me like Jangmo-o is going to be one of my favorites. I also have a liking for Litten, Vikavolt, Tapu Koko, and Solgaleo.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    If Type: Null get some nice BST Eviolite would be great for it.

I will probably go with Shiruvadi and Mimikyu.

Years
  • Tough to pick just one.

I think I am going to go with Lycanroc (both forms), with Mimikyu in close second. I really love all three design wise. I think they will definitely be on my team.

Years
  • 1. Popplio/Brionne/Poppmaid
    2. Bounsweet/Steenee/Tsareena
    3. Fomatis/Lurantis
    4. Rockruff/Lycanroc (Midday)
    5. Morelull (still awaiting its evolution)
    6. Rowlet/Dartrix/Robbinroot
    7. Oricorio
    8. Mudbray/Mudsdale
    9. Bruxish
    10. Oranguru

blue

gucci
    Years
  • My top three are Lurantis, Mimikyu and now Tsareena. I'd place Litten up there too but the recent reveals have kinda shook things up for me. I'm so impressed with the designs of Grass-type Pokemon for this generation so far.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    My current opinion on the new Pokemon:

Love:
    Spoiler:

Like:
    Spoiler:

Meh:
    Spoiler:

Dislike:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Not many of the new Pokemon have stuck out to me because most of their type combinations are awful, but Salandit and Jangmo-o and its evolutions seem decent.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Kommo-o and Silvally!
    So full of awesome-sauce.
    And of course the Midnight form Lycanroc is pretty cool too!

Years
  • List Your Favorite Pokemon -- Does Alola make the cut?

Since there has been speculation surrounding the number of new pokemon being introduced, alongside charged sentiments regarding quality vs quantity, I wanted to see how gen 7 pokemon are stacking up in relation to the other generations.

In theory, it should be more and more difficult for each gen to compete as a favorite since they are stacked up against literally hundreds more pokemon than the previous generations. Certainly there are more pokemon yet to be revealed, though at this point we have seen at least half of them.

alola_welcome_party__by_pixelated_takkun-da27p4d.png

Have any of your favorites been dethroned in this reveal season?
    • List your current top 10 that represent your favorite pokemon before Sun and Moon pokemon were revealed.
    • List your current top 10 including any pokemon revealed for Sun and Moon.
    • Bold the pokemon any Alolan Pokemon (if applicable).
    • Check all Alola Pokemon who made it in your top 10 (if applicable).

Before Gen VII
    1. Milotic
    2. Lilligant
    3. Vespiquen
    4. Liepard
    5. Rapidash
    6. Serperior
    7. Pyroar
    8. Aurorus
    9. Dragalge
    10. Samurott

Gen VII (Present)
    1. Poppmaid
    2. Milotic
    3. Tsareena
    4. Lilligant
    5. Vespiquen
    6. Liepard
    7. Rapidash
    8. Serperior
    9. Pyroar
    10. Lurantis and Aurorus (tie)

So far, Poppmaid of gen VII is the first pokemon to dethrown the top spot since generation 3.
    Tsareena is not far behind. It was tough to rank Lilligant and Tsareena, but ultimately Tsareena is the Queen of the Grass Pokemon. Though, Lilligant shouldn't be ashamed of being the Princess of Grass Pokemon. I am still up in the air about Aurorus and Lurantis; they are both stunning. All-in-all, I have to say Gen VII is crushing it in making a lasting impression.

Last edited:

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • Current top ten:

1. Whimsicott
    2. Clefable
    3. Delphox
    4. Corsola
    5. Togekiss
    6. Leafeon
    7. Florges
    8. Mamoswine
    9. Vileplume
    10. Ninetails

... I cannot change this list yet. Honestly, I have to play with these Pokemon first before I can even alter the list. The only Pokemon I can see making it on the list by looks alone is Rowlet, Tsareena, and Lurantis, but I have to use them first before I even consider changing my list.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Currently, my top ten is:

1. Swampert
    2. Lucario
    3. Greninja
    4. Sceptile
    5. Charizard (I have a serious starter problem lol)
    6. Gardevoir
    7. Gallade
    8. Volcarona
    9. Aegislash
    10. Ampharos

Unfortunately, I can't say that this list has changed :( . It's not that I don't like the new Pokémon, they all look amazing, butttt none of them have really reached "Top 10" amazing.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    1. Gorebyss
    2. Ninjask
    3. Umbreon
    4. Steelix
    5. Breloom
    6. Chimecho
    7. Cradily
    8. Mawile
    9. Swalot
    10. Jumpluff

I'm pretty obstinate about changing my list (Well, I'm more obstinate about my Top 6 then I am with 7-10, but I am still very adamant about my favorites, I pretty much never change them.), I'm not really all that finicky about swapping out my favorites whenever a new flashy pokemon is shown off. When I pick my favorites they have to meet multiple personal guidelines to make my list which is not only based on appearance, it's also based on utility, move pool, how clever its battle design is, and overall competitive capabilities.

I definitely have picked out a few pokemon as my favorites that have been shown off for Sun and Moon, but nothing is concrete for me until the game has been released and I have played and bred most of them.
    I will say this, I have extremely high expectations for Bruxish and Mimikyu.

Years
  • Current Top 10:
    Charizard
    Pikachu
    Sceptile
    Greninja
    Pidgeot
    Electivire
    Feraligatr
    Infernape
    Krookoodile
    Noctowl
    Favourite Sun/Moon Pokemon So far:
    Rowlet/Datrix
    Vikavolt
    Salandit
    Mudbray/Mudsale
    Jangmoo line
    Type:Null/Silvally
    Tapu-Koko
    Passimian
    Alolan Forms-Marowak,Exeggutor,Sandslash,Muk,Raichu

Last edited:

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
  • i'll be honest- i hate alolan raichu, to the core. th tail surfing? nice. the deisgn... the hell! what is that! it has blue eyes, a chubby face, and it looks like something out of a really stupid manga strip. it looks like a typical surfer dude spliced with an "electric" MOUSE!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • The Rowlet line, Litten, Litten's final evolution, Entermaid, Pikipek, Gumshoos, Charjabug, Drampa, Ribombee, Togedemaru, Salandit, the Stufful line, Mimikyu, Steenee, Mudbray, Minior, Lurantis, Baile, Sensu, and Pom-Pom Oricorio, Komala, Rockruff, Midday Lycanroc, Wishiwashi, Pyukumuku, Morelull, Turtonator, Crabrawler, the Jangmo-o line, the Type: Null line, Passimian, Oranguru, Solgaleo, and Lunala all make it to my list.

As for the Alolan forms, anything except Rattata, Raticate (seriously, ugh), Raichu, and Grimer (which I moderately like).

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    So far, none of the new Pokemon have made my top 10 yet, but Litten's final evolution does have the potential to make it. But for now, my top ten favourite Sun/Moon Pokemon (not including Alola forms of older Pokemon):

1: Litten/Torracat/Incineroar
    2: Kommo-o
    3: Turtonator
    4: Lurantis
    5: Palossand
    6: Mudsdale
    7: Crabrawler
    8: Tsareena
    9: Wishiwashi
    10: Bewear

And now, my top ten favourite Pokemon in general:

1: Pikachu/Raichu
    2: Gengar
    3: Feraligatr
    4: Tyranitar
    5: Salamence
    6: Volcarona
    7: Venusaur
    8: Greninja
    9: Garchomp
    10: Ferrothorn

Last edited:
    Years
  • Unfortunately, none of them have made my top 10 just yet, that being said, Litten and Bounsweet are so close to breaking into it.

Back