• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FerrisWheel Shipping (N and White)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • All right, time to bring up a new topic. Hopefully this hasn't been talked about before:

How did you guys first get into the N x White pairing? Was it fan art? Fan fiction? The game itself?

For me, it'd have to be the fan art, before I got the game. There were quite a few of N x White illustrations, and I began to think it was kind of a cute pairing. It was apparently known as "FerrisWheelShipping", since N apparently took White on the Ferris Wheel at one point. Although when I got to that point in the game, it was kind of underwhelming, although the ending of the story was probably what made me get into this pairing over all.

So, what about you?

H i l d a

S p r i t e r
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Oh, I'd love to join this! FerrisWheelShipping was the first pokémon shipping that I ever knew existed. I didn't read pokémon fanfiction much before, and I was surprissed to see a thousand different shipping names in the pokémon section. xD

Mind if I answer the question? I was planning to add that info in anyway... Eep, sorry, I know I'm not officially a member yet, but it won't hurt, will it? o3o

How did you guys first get into the N x White pairing? Was it fan art? Fan fiction? The game itself?

Right before the ferris wheel scene, or sometime around there when I battled N, I thought 'oh, he's kind of cute...' I imagined the heroine and N would be an interesting couple. So I looked up on the computer the official name of White/Hilda/Whitlea/Touko/Whatever you want to call her. Once I had the name, I searched for a fanfiction, putting 'Hilda/Touko' in the first character slot thingy, and 'N' in the second. After I clicked 'Go', I was surprised to see a lot of these fics. So, I basically stayed up all night reading The Prince and I, then I went to bed. :D

Touko-Chan

Black★Rock Shooter
    Years
  • Oh, the Game itself made me see Touko/N. Before it, I used to pair other Characters up, but these two just.....spoke words to me. Even though I thought he was a total creep when my Character (Natalia) first battled him.

Then, when I found Fanfiction, I went straight to Pokemon and looked them up. I just published a Fic, and I've read almost, like, fifty of them.

toptheworld

Crash Addict
    Years
  • Do you like the name N, or do you think it is an absolutely ridiculous name?

Makes sense, especially considering some of the WMG to do with his name. It adds to the mysteriousness, and it kind of adds to the fact that you don't actually know his personality, therefore you shouldn't have some fancy name that can be associated to a specific personality. Idk. I like it :3

I also have two fanfictions to post. Mind you, they're both rated M.

Imperfectum

You can also read this in the FanFiction section, but the M scenes will be cutoff.

Remember This?

Purely M. Kiddies no reading.

Last edited:

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • Hey guys, I'm back (finally, right?) So, to answer the new topic:
    To be honest, I don't remember. I just know that one day I kinda started liking it, and then gradually it became my favorite ship. I think 'The Prince And I' was the one that introduced me to this ship.
    So, everyone, how about a new topic? Or no, I'll wait until more people have talked about the current topic. But here's a random side question, not really a topic:
    Touko is called many names: Hilda, Touko, White, Whitlea, N's girlfriend... What do you call her?
    I call her Touko, her last name's White, and her middle name is Hilda.

If any of you guys know how to make a userbar, and will make one for the club, that would be great!
    @toptheworld, if you want to join the group then you'll have to use the member form (that I forgot to put up until now), otherwise I don't know if you want to join or not. If you just want to recommend some of your fics that's fine too.

Hellooooo, where is everyone? Anyways, if you guys all want reading material, I have written a Ferriswheelshipping fanfic. It's on my FanFiction account: Picture

Last edited:
    Years
  • I hope bumping this board is all right, when the last post was a week ago. I... don't want it to die.

Anyway, Touko's name. I think Touko is a cute name, but when I look at her, I see something of a tomboy. To me, "Hilda" sounds more tomboyish than "Touko". But I also think the name Whitlea fits her, which is what I named her on my file.

olih

Years
  • Yeah, it's all right. I don't want it to die either!
    Maybe I just don't like Hilda because it sounds too much like my own name...

Years
  • Quite a few of fanfics to read... that's nice! I'm in need of a new one.

Anyway, is it all right if I bring up another topic, as well?
    Do you think N and White will appear in the Black and White series? If so, how big a part do you think they will play and what role will they take on? (Such as frequent rival, cameo, etc.)

olih

Years
  • That's okay, anyone in the group is allowed to bring up a new topic.
    In Black and White, do you mean the manga or the anime? Because I know N and Touko has already appeared in the manga. I'm not sure about the anime, though.

olih

Years
  • I think N might be sort of a rival, or it'll copy off the games and use the storyline of N being King of Team Plasma. Touko might be a supporting character, one that doesn't show up too often.

Years
  • I'd have to agree. Seeing as how N was one of the main characters of the game, he's sure to appear in the anime. Touko... honestly, I can't see her appearing a whole lot. Perhaps as much as Lyra in the Diamond and Pearl series. I'm hoping she'll be a trainer though, I'm not really fond of her not liking to fight in the manga.

olih

Years
  • She doesn't? She seemed like the fighter-type to me. I wonder why they made her that way. Maybe she was influenced by N...

Years
  • No, that's not it. Actually, she's more into her Pokemon doing performances and stunts and such. But she certainly looks like the fighting type to me, too. Although who knows? Maybe as the story goes on she'll become less hesitant to have her Pokemon fight.

And in other news, I may draw another N x White picture soon. I think it's kind of a good idea, though I'm not sure if I'll have big enough paper for it. But I'll let this group know when I'm done with it.

olih

Years
  • Oh, like in the Pokemon Musical? Well, I hope she'll change. That's kind of what happened with Sapphire, right?

I'm already wondering what it is! I may draw a Ferriswheelshipping (what else?) picture too, if I had a scanner. But I'm getting one soon.

Years
  • You're getting a scanner? That's good, I'll look forward to your pictures, then. I'm in the process of drawing my picture, though I don't know how long it will take.

To bring up another topic:
    The previous contest (by the way, will there be more?), it was a sonfic/picture contest. What song do you think best fits N and White/their relationship?

olih

Years
  • Yes, there will be more. In fact, I'm in the process of making up a good one *thinking... thinking...*
    To answer the topic:
    I think Don't Stop Believin' by Journey. It's about these two strangers who meet on a train (I think). N and Touko are two strangers who meet, and then there's the whole don't stop believing theme, which really fits. If you don't get it you can listen to the song.

Years
  • All right, I'll have to listen to it, some time.=)

As for me... I don't know. Perhaps E.T. (although that may be mostly because of an N x Hilda fanfic I read that had the lyrics in the fanfic's title and fic itself). Then again, Stereo Love could also potentially fit (no, it's not about stereos).

Or maybe Pictures of You, a little bit? That's what I drew my next N x Hilda drawing after. If you want to see it, here it is: https://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/...ctures_of_you_by_okamispiderbrush-d47qjcv.jpg

olih

Years
  • You mean E.T. by Katy Perry (not sure if there are others)? Yeah, that kinda fits.

I love your picture! There are different aspects that you can look at, and the song is part of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back