• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Forum for bans given out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I'm not reading the responses (yet), don't care if someone's already said this, but basically because it's none of anyone's business unless he wants them to know... and if that is the case he'll tell the people who need to know.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Oh Spey, you and your silly needs. >>;

Can't we just say it's much too personal for other members of the community to know why someone got booted out? Why don't we just close this thread before it, probably, starts to get out of hand. :|

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • Just figured I'd try to get this in, before it's closed, if it does get closed.
    If somebody has a thread made about them, they have friends there that will tell them- may make them mad, make them want "vengeance", which will lead to one thing, and another... Basically, a lot of problems. The only reason it should even be considered, in my opinion, is to satisfy curiosity- because people can get pretty out of hand when it comes to these things.

But that's extremely unlikely, I think. So... things are fine as they are now, I think.

Zet

Years
  • Spey I'm sure you wouldn't like to see your name on a banned list in a place where everyone can see it on PC, so it's just best to give up on this silly suggestion

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Someone just close this thread, no-ones wants it.
    No more postings please.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Just a quick addition from experience, and ToS stuffs, a mod does not need a reason whatsoever to act upon their powers, however, because there are several other mods, there is always checks and balances. That is to say, it keeps the traffic flowing (no one would participate on a forum that bans everyone, just cause).

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I just noticed that St. Anger was booted out. Instead of keeping us in the dark as to why the member got banned, why not have a sub-forum of CQ+F where everytime someone got banned, a mod/admin posted in there who got banned etc? There's lots of forums that do this and it's good. :)

If you were really curious, you could dig up information on your own. Their posts are still on the forums. You could probably piece together some theory on your own.

And it's nosy.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Before this threads up being locked, I'd like to ask why someone's banning reason is a matter of life or death to you, Spey? Or are you just naturally inquisitive?

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    If you were really curious, you could dig up information on your own. Their posts are still on the forums. You could probably piece together some theory on your own.

And it's nosy.
    Yes, I know, but from now on, I'll be doing that. :)

Before this threads up being locked, I'd like to ask why someone's banning reason is a matter of life or death to you, Spey? Or are you just naturally inquisitive?
    I am naturally inquisitive all the time. It's just me. :(

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    No, I don't agree with this. It's a private situation between the member & staff.

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Yes, I know.
    Someone just close the thread, things are getting repeated.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I look at it this way. You shouldn't need to know why random people were banned, and if it was someone close and it actually matters, you should have a way of contacting them off of PC to ask anyways.

I agree with the staff on this matter. Personally, I see no need to have a wall of shame at PC. It just doesn't belong here. Anyone who matters to me, I have on my MSN list, so if they were banned I could easily ask about it.

Another good reason for keeping bans and their reasons quiet is to reduce the number of 'OMG YOU BANNED USERX YOU _BLEEP_ _BLEEP_! THAT WAS SO UNFAIR' kind of threads. Seriously, nobody wants to see those kinds of threads, and trolling the staff isn't going to make them want to consider unbanning someone. In all seriousness, if you think a ban is quite unfair, and you have sufficient evidence to back it up, by all means feel free to approach an admin with the evidence privately, keep it quiet and be polite about it.

So not only are you not thinking about the banned members' feelings, you intend on being nosy as well? Sorry for putting that in the rude way, but I'm a blunt person. I say nothing but the truth.

If everything from the staff forums became public to the community so that all would know, there wouldn't be a staff forum, wouldn't it? I'm afraid that there are some things that you need not to see, and that includes banned members' reasons.

Personally, I don't see the reason why it SHOULD be displayed. Even if it were, nine times out of ten you're going to be like "meh" and just move on. Nobody's going to be like "OH MY GOD HOLY -bleep- LET ME START A PETITION TO GET THIS MEMBER UNBANNED."

Whether it was posted or not shouldn't and most likely will not change the feel of the community, which is why in my opinion it should stay hidden, because it's not going to change anything anyway.

Agreed. The only thing a 'wall of shame' achieves is to invite trolls to pick at the staff and banned users.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    My Post.....

No!Its like we make fun of the banned members. :\
    Also,its not our business.Its in the rules,staff must not give away info about banned members.

I'm not writing every time i post this CSS design

tpravetz

... doesn't exist.
    Years
  • I think they should tell us. It would shame the person, so more people would try not to get banned, it would tell people what NOT to do, and it would act as a safety net against an admin overusing their power. Brilliant! Good idea Spey!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back