• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Roxanne better have her Nosepass.

Roxanne
    Brawly
    Wattson
    Flannery
    Norman
    Winona
    Tate & Liza
    Wallace

Sydney
    Phoebe
    Glacia
    Drake
    Steven

PokeNav rematches (if they should ever put the Gym Leaders in for it like they did in Emerald)
    Roxanne
    Brawly
    Wattson
    Flannery
    Norman
    Tate & Liza
    Juan

E4 rematches (should they change the teams a wee bit and higher levels)
    Sydney
    Phoebe
    Glacia
    Drake
    Wallace

With Steven taking his place as the extra, ultimate battle in Meteor Falls, again. c:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • it would be neat if all the E4 members mega-evolve their ace pokemon, but seeing as they didn't do that in XY, I'd doubt it would happen. Steven's Metagross definitely needs to mega-evolve though. It only makes sense considering Steven is someone whose passion is looking for and collecting rare stones. He's definitely the kind if guy that would have a metagrosite laying around. XD

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • It only makes sense considering Steven is someone whose passion is looking for and collecting rare stones.

This. That never clicked in my mind until right now, and I think it totally makes it possible for him to have Mega Metagross. That would be awesome.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Roxanne was the most interesting gym leader for me, so I'd like them to keep her. I also think the Elite Four should get a bigger role - Glacia was my personal favorite. :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • it would be neat if all the E4 members mega-evolve their ace pokemon, but seeing as they didn't do that in XY, I'd doubt it would happen. Steven's Metagross definitely needs to mega-evolve though. It only makes sense considering Steven is someone whose passion is looking for and collecting rare stones. He's definitely the kind if guy that would have a metagrosite laying around. XD
    Yeah...and maybe he'll give you a Beldum post game like how Diantha gave us Ralt with Gardevoirite instead of giving it to us mid game.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    it would be neat if all the E4 members mega-evolve their ace pokemon, but seeing as they didn't do that in XY, I'd doubt it would happen. Steven's Metagross definitely needs to mega-evolve though. It only makes sense considering Steven is someone whose passion is looking for and collecting rare stones. He's definitely the kind if guy that would have a metagrosite laying around. XD

Oh my Gosh, or like, ALL of the Gym Leaders in their rematches (E4 as well) have Pokemon of their type that can Mega Evolve. Sweet babies. Double battle rematches just like last time.

Roxanne - Mega Tyranitar
    Brawly - Mega Heracross
    Wattson - Mega Manectric
    Flannery - Mega Houndoom
    Norman - Mega Kangaskhan
    Winona - Mega Aerodactyl
    Tate & Liza - Mega Medicham & Mega Alakazam
    Juan - Mega Blastoise

E4
    Sydney - Mega Absol
    Phoebe - Mega Gengar
    Glacia - Mega Abomasnow
    Drake - Mega Garchomp
    Wallace - Mega Gyarados

Years
  • I want Winona to have a fabulous new outfit (even though I loved her original look), with her taking on the player in a Sky Battle with a shiny Swellow on her team... I don't think that's too much to ask haha xD

Aside from that as it's a remake I hope they stay true to all the Gym Leaders and Elite Four members, in terms of including them all at the very least although I'm wanting to see revamped looks and perhaps a bit more backstory on some of them :)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • There's the Sootopolis Gym Leader debate but how about the other Gym leades? It's a brand new world so probably a sequel or some years since RSE so we're bound to have new Gym Leaders or a reshuffling of their order. Who do you hope stays? What type of new Gyms would you like to see?

I hope Winona and Tate&Liz stay. I still want a Dark Gym.

Do you think they'll be changes in the Elite 4 and what will these be? Who will be the champion?

I think the Elite 4 up to the Dragon guy will remain the same. Wally will be Champion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I just want them to stay the same. I'm boring, sorry.
    I definitely hope that Phoebe stays as one of the Elite Four members. She's my favourite one!

I could see Wally being the champion. That could be a cute storyline moment ^^
    But I do hope Steven is the champion. He's awesome.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    No, It's already conformed they are full remakes, the the GL will stay the same, but maybe we will get new back story about them and elite four.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • A minor thing, but I'm hoping that the Elite Four (and Champion) rooms/chambers receive proper, cool names like the ones of the Kalos Pokemon League headquarters.. The only one that technically has a name is the one behind the Champion room, inhabited by the Hall of Fame-recording machine (known as the Room of Glory, since that's what that room's corresponding music track is titled as on the Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire English/Japanese soundtrack release).

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Since these are remakes, I think it's safe to say the only question on Gym Leaders would be what's going on with Juan (and there's another thread about that).

I actually really liked Tate and Liza...I wish Gyms would do more fun stuff and vary up their battles the way Tate and Liza did (the one real disappointment I have with BW, for example, is that the first Gym isn't a triple battle). So I really hope they aren't changed...unless they're given Male and Female Meowstic, and then Lunatone and Solrock on their team. Then I'll be happy.

I don't want the Gym teams to be downgraded, however. No "3 Pokémon-only" teams like in XY. Have them actually rise in difficulty each time. Even give a few of the later Gym leaders some Mega Pokémon!

As for the Elite Four, I can't help but wonder--will they keep them in a set order like the originals, or will we have the freedom to choose our order, like the past 3 sets of games?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Since they've been confirmed to be remakes, I don't think anything's really gonna change in the main story, since that'd kinda contradict the idea of a remake. But I reckon we're probably gonna see a whole lot of post-game stuff, and depending on what it is, it could mean changes to the Gym Leaders/E4. The champion is the only one I see the possibility of being changed with though. Since it didn't consistently stay the same from R/S to Emerald, it could either be Steven or Wallace, or as some people have suggested, possibly Wally.

And on the topic of Wally, while a bit off-topic, I'd definitely love to see more happen to him. We hardly saw anything to him throughout the entirety of R/S, apart from a few battles, and the ability to have a rematch with him at the end of the Victory Road every once in a while, and I wouldn't be surprised if they indeed did expand on his character/his inclusion with the story.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • There's the Sootopolis Gym Leader debate but how about the other Gym leades? It's a brand new world so probably a sequel or some years since RSE so we're bound to have new Gym Leaders or a reshuffling of their order. Who do you hope stays? What type of new Gyms would you like to see?

I hope Winona and Tate&Liz stay. I still want a Dark Gym.

Do you think they'll be changes in the Elite 4 and what will these be? Who will be the champion?

I think the Elite 4 up to the Dragon guy will remain the same. Wally will be Champion.

I am in doubts there will be a Dark leader unless Sidney receives a demotion

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I'm hoping that we can manually arrange/schedule/select rematches with Gym Leaders (whether in their own Gyms or in a designated gathering facility), as well as selecting Single Battles, Double Battles, Triple Battles, and Rotation Battles (even Inverse Battles and Sky Battles, if possible)... Also, the PokeNav needs to always indicate that the Elite Four and Champion are ready for a rematch (at the very least, Sidney is constantly ready); it just baffled me how they lacked such an icon in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald despite being ready for battle than pretty much all of the other NPC Trainers.

As for the Elite Four, I can't help but wonder--will they keep them in a set order like the originals, or will we have the freedom to choose our order, like the past 3 sets of games?

I'm hoping that the "freedom to choose order"/"Elite Four teams are equal in strength" implementation from Generation 5 takes precedence... It makes more sense for the Elite Four to be a group of famed Trainers that are equal in strength (only to fittingly be surpassed by the Pokemon Champion) instead of one of them being weak to 3 other people and the Champion. All of the Elite Four and Champion Pokemon levels need to be majorly buffed, though, with the minimum being what Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen had as a "second wave". Ideally, I'd like it if rematches level them up to a point where the Elite Four have Level 90 Pokemon, while the Champion has Level 100 Pokemon.

In any case, I'll likely be challenging them in the classic "Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, Drake" order enforced by Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, since I've grown so accustomed to it. {:3} I hope that this order gets some sort of nod (like how Unova had statues that suggested a certain "order", IIRC).

Years
  • What I want is a difficult mode. And at the start of the game. I remember having issues with the Hoenn gym but I want to really have them brutal as an option.

And while it doesn't meant changing gym leaders I'd love if they used anime rules like only 3 on 3 and not as many as you have on a gym leader. Seems unfair

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    They will keep same pokemon for the MAIN part of the game... maybe during rematches (i.e time you get NATIONAL DEX) they would be having a new pokemon or two.
    Also what's with people saying they want a new gym leader... I mean GF said it is REMAKE NOT A SEQUAL.
    Only change I can see is maybe they have Wallace as final Gym leader in OR and have Steven as champion in OR since OR is all about land while in AS we have Jaun and Wallace as Champion?

Back