• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Have you found any shinies in 3rd gen?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Shiny vulpix in fire red shiny metapod leafgreen shiny spheal in sapphire I cant remeber the rest but there was a good number the only other one i remember made me insane in pokemon enerald shiny abra GO ULTRA BALL fail and used teleport! That was a rough time :(

Years
I've run across two shinies in FireRed. One was a Rattata that I managed to capture. The other was in Onix I came across while grinding in Victory Road. Unfortunately, I had no Pokeballs at the time. V_V

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Out of the 8 years (if not more) that I've been playing the 3rd gen game I hate to say it, but I've only ran into 1 shiny Zigzagoon and that was in Emerald. Haven't witnessed a shiny Pokemon since.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
Today is really my lucky day, i caught two shiny electrike and one shiny duskull....

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Hilariously, on a day that we had to take off because of a bomb threat (SERIOUS) my sister found a shiny Golbat in her Pokemon Emerald game. It's the only gen 3 shiny we ever had.

Aoba

yelp
Years
  • Age 30
  • /vp/
  • Seen Jun 30, 2015
I found shiny Oddish in Emerald (which was my very first shiny) and then I soft resetted for shiny Bulbasaur in LG but that was a total accident as I was trying to get a female starter. Oh well, not complaining about the shiny !

ReapingShrieker

The Real
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
I actually got a shiny Tentacool once, but I somehow released it, because I was so silly in my younger days in which I did not know the rarity of these Pokémon. Either way, it was the only shiny I got, my device containing the game died after a period of time.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Ok so shiny Poocheyna u face with ur starter ya after id played it so many times it finally happended and im like NO!!!!! WHY HAVE U DONE THIS TO ME!?! And then there was the time with the shiny silcoon in the forest ya i had no pokeballs on me. Pretty much rse hated me but i did catch a shiny spheal which I was quite happy with :)

ZenonPrototype

Prodigy of Ice
Years
I did find a shiny Sableye, but Ruby/Sapphire was the first game I ever played, so I didn't know anything about shinies. I just assumed all Sableye looked like that. I never bothered to catch another one. I did find out later, though.

Years
Once in the beginning of emerald i encounterd a shiny poochhyena. And the color of that is so awesome! But then i lost my Emerald cartridge :(

Years
I've never encountered a shiny Pokémon in the 3rd generation, sadly. I knew they existed back when I first read about them haha, but the fact that they were so rare just ticked me >_>

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Haven't found a shiny Pokémon in 3rd Gen for a while, unfortunately. The last time I got a shiny in this generation was about 3 years ago, it was a shiny Magikarp haha. It appeared when I was swimming towards the Seafoam Islands <3~

Years
Well, 3 shinies only. . .

1. Poochyena! It's evolved into Mightyena soo yea. . .

2. Oddish! It's evolved into. . . . Vileplume!

3. My Shiny Treecko! Took 15,385 SRs but it was really worth it! The Nature was perfect and all!

SkorXX, Signing Off!~~

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Only once. It was a Shiny Torchic after 40+ Soft Resets. Unfortunately, I found that Shiny Torchic on a fake Pokémon Sapphire cartridge, and in the very next hour, said fake cartridge decided to stop working. Losing that Shiny Torchic put me in a bad mood, considering that I have horrible luck when it comes to Soft Resetting.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I found one when I was replaying Emerald several months ago, it was a shiny Wurmple, and it's interesting because that time I didn't expect to encounter any shiny Pokémon, so it's a good thing that I have some spare Pokéballs to catch it. After battling with it, it eventually evolved into Dustox.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My very first shiny in the series was found in Ruby. It was a Whismur and I caught it cause I thought the poor thing was sick, haha. Green ears...idk. This is the only shiny I found by random encounter that I do not still own though. Kind of sad. :(

I also have a shiny Mightyena and Spinda in Emerald. I got them in trades from my cousin and brother respectively...for a Bagon holding a Master Ball. ;) lol

Back