• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you do this job in Pokémon's world

Years
  • Musician

Go Go, Eeveelution Band!
    Spoiler:

Like this, I guess?
    Spoiler:

Assuming I can play it without freezing it =3

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Engineer

Just got this, right? ...No, aircraft engineer. Designs something else this time.

Answers this from the angle of things to account for. Imagines designing structures like the lifts in Motostoke.
    1. Must be very sturdy. May bring an Onix on-board or something. Weighs a lot.
    2. Keep the platform wide. Should accommodate big Pokemon (like the above Onix).
    3. Create it out of good materials. Cannot use easily corrodible materials with Grimers around.
    4. Make the landing area safe. Never knows if a small Pokemon will get into the wrong place.
    5. (Watched a video of it in action) Who decided on that fast rotation? Definitely flings someone off. Needs a harness or something.
    6. How inefficient is that rotation? (Not sure. Lacks the necessary physics background.) Expects nasty wear and tear on the brakes at the top and bottom.
    7. Perhaps the most realistic question: Where can you cut corners? Costs money to build with sturdy materials. Costs money to handle lawsuits too, of course. Perhaps the platform? Or put a weight limit on the entire structure? Seems sensible. Hm. Must be able to carry a full crowd of people, though.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Lorry driver

Huh, that's kinda interesting actually. I literally can't do this job myself because of multiple issues that make it impossible for me to drive. But that doesn't mean that I couldn't team up with a super intelligent Pokemon capable of doing it, and act as the human go-between. That way a Pokemon could technically have a job, and I could split the profit with them 50/50.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Artist

Poorly, in all likelihood. Holds no confidence in learning art skills from Smeargle or Grafaiai. Needs to think abstractly. Uses Pokemon moves to create art. How do you do that?

Idea: Tells Ditto to copy a Pokemon (or maybe an object). Usually messes up something too minor to show up in a mold. Stick that Ditto into form-holding material to create a mold. Fills that mold with Dewgong's water. Freezes it. Yields one Pokemon ice sculpture. Sells this to people holding events.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Jockey

Picks Zebstrika, if allowed. Avoids paralysis over Rapidash. One major concern: holding on. Says up to 150 miles per hour (~241 kilometers per hour) on Rapidash. Assumes more on Zebstrika, due to its higher Speed stat. May want Octillery's Suction Cups to hang on. Adds an extra 62.8 pounds (28.5 kilograms). Seems viable to add on without overburdening Zebstrika.

Watched the anime, also. Will not attempt this with Electrode.

Back