• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm gonna mod _______. And then climb higher!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Well I've been out of PC since some dumb stuff happened irl. Since i'm skipping out on staying in America for a 4th college year, i'll be here more often.

If I had the choice to become a Mod. I would either pick Rom Hacking or Anime and Manga. I usually spend most of my time on PC there. Since i'm a huge Anime Freak xD

I wouldn't mind being the Moderator of the Welcome Lounge either. I love greeting people and seeing what they are into, or seeing why they joined PC. I tend to be friendly to other. It's just how I am.

I've heard that being a Moderator can be a pain or a chore at times. I really don't mind that. The more the challenge, the more into it I get. =D

I'm not trying to say that I obviously want to become a Mod. I'm saying that if the opportunity was there I would take it. If I climb the ranks or not, i'll still be apart of this community

Years
  • The only section i would ever think about modding is Game Development, whenever i would accept or not would depend on my mood. And even if i did accept i would possibly quit if i felt like it wasn't for me or if i felt unresponsive for modding such a huge site. I modded a few sites before (i still mod one), but none of them were even close to as huge as this.
    Game Development is already in great hands anyway.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • From personal experience, modding is fun but it is also hard if you are modding an active section. So, if you aspire to be one, you gotta be active, persistent, and be mentally prepared for the job each day.

Anyways, on both occasions, meaning in TWL @ 2011 and FC&G this year, I never found myself to get the spot. Didn't see myself *too* active because of life and all, but alas, h-staff felt I was qualified...in which I feel extremely grateful for it. Being a mod has allowed me to come out of my shell little by little and it has given me the power to help those around me. That's what being staff on PC is all about.

I do like FC&G. It has allowed me to express my fandoms and interests a bit as well as discover brand news ones so I can join in on the fun. I also liked TWL, a wonderful section where you will always meet new people every day. I do like where I am at right now. I don't see myself climbing the ladder. I'm too comfortable in bold blue and modding a section, atop of irl and active social life....yeeeeeeah. haha.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I did want to be a moderator on here a while ago. It's not that I don't really want to anymore, but that's not a specific goal anymore. If I were offered the position I would take it, definitely, because I would love to be able to contribute to PC, I guess in a more involved way, but I don't mind not having the position, really. Despite my poor recent activity due to schoolwork and other issues, I still like hanging around here for the fun of it anyway ^_^ If I were to mod a section here it would probably be a Pokemon section like ORAS or PGC since I hang out in all of them except Gen 1 really, or maybe Anime & Manga.

A while ago I decided I wanted to mod the battle server, and here I am now! It was a section of the site that I really cared about and devoted most of my time to (one I still do!) so it's awesome to be able to help out with policy and such.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • Heh. Well I am pretty new so haven't really thought that much into it but if I were to mod any section on PC, I would honestly want to mod the general chat. ^_^ The reason being is that I just really enjoy discussion like this and seeing people get to know each other in this way that is beyond just simply Pokemon. Pokemon forum wise, probably ORAS or XY.

Being a global moderator from another forum, I do have to say that moderating can be a very awarding experience. It has honestly taught me a lot. From how to handle situations better to teaching me a lot of things about myself. See, I'm a pretty soft, sensitive person, and with this job, I really learned that I can handle so much more than expected, granted my irl job helps me out with this as well. But thanks to moderating, I really am able to stand on both feet firmly on the ground. Also to see another member be happy by getting the help he/she wanted feels really rewarding to me as well.

While it's no way rainbows and butterflies because people will be rude to you and people will try to hurt you, but at the end of the day, you are helping out a website that you are passionate about and the members within it. With so many smiles on a day to day basis. I just overall found the experience amazing.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Well, I have modded before on an independent forum, but that is going back nearly 6 years ago. I don't think I would be able to mod anywhere due to independent stuff that I'm doing, romhacks and the like, plus not being very active on here. But if I were to mod an area, it would probably be the romhacking area in general considering it's my expertise.

Years
  • Once upon a time I wanted to mod Advance Gen. I am a ridiculous Gen III fan and I loved posting and commenting over there. But I have been super dormant recently so i doubt it will ever happen but I would definitely agree to do it if offered. I love the Advanced Gen forum you guys are great. Sydian is a legend and does an excellent job over there so props to you Sydian.

Back