• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm gonna mod _______. And then climb higher!

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Okay, so this thread hasn't been up for a while, and I'm always a little interested in hearing the responses to this thread, so I figured why not. As we all know, the title of "moderator" here on PC is, well, something grand. It's a real achievement, and it's also a job. Some of us want to become a moderator for a particular section, and a few even wanna climb the ladder. What about you? What section of PC would you like to moderate, and why, if any? And would you consider going up the ladder?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • The position doesn't seem all that "grand" once you've actually achieved it once, though. :p

Either way, why not? I'd love to be a part of the team again - mostly because the experience was so much fun the first time around. Had to resign under some unusual circumstances in real life and I'd definitely take up the offer if I were to get a chance again. Only this time, instead of A&D I'd go for A&M. I've been denying it to myself and to others for a while now but...my love for A&D just isn't the same anymore. I used to be crazy for that section and used to post in there even when it was, pretty much, dead. The kind of passion & love I felt for A&D back then is the kind I feel for A&M now. Which is why I'd go for a position in Anime and Manga. Reason behind my shift in focus could be attributed to the fact that I don't find myself working on graphics or pieces of art anymore - mostly due to hectic college life. Anime/Manga has always been important for me but a stressful college life has led to me finding comfort and relaxation in the said medium more and more. I watch stuff to cheer myself up and whatnot. But that's enough of a digression from the main topic, haha.

As for moving up the ladder - back in the days, I used to think this way: "Imma become a moderator! And then in one year an SMod! And then one day I'll be the Staff Admin!!!". Sure, moving up the ladder brings its share of perks and they're pretty damn tempting. But I just don't feel the same anymore. Right now my attitude towards the thought of moving up would best be described by the term, hmm, "indifferent". If I get the chance then yay. If not, oh well.

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I obviously like modding enough to be doing it for a third time. :)

It's always exciting the first time and it's a great experience to learn something about yourself and what you do with the power, though it may seem very minuscule. It may not seem like much, but it indicates your work ethic and how responsible you are and will be.

If you're just a slacker and only do it to have a colored name and some small benefits, then you're not doing it for any valuable reason. Generally those people don't last long or reveal their true nature before long. If you genuinely care about the forums and like the interactions with your fellow members, then you should do a good job if you are able to moderate a section.

In the end, it comes down to what your motivations are. The same can be said about promotions. If you value the forums and strive to benefit them, you most likely deserve your promotion. All the current admins and super-mods deserve their rank and it's because they worked hard. So if you want to move up the ranks, follow their lead and do something worthwhile for your favorite forum. :)

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I'm only ever around PGC/Forum Games nowadays, but I also like the idea of Pokemon Trivia and that it's sort of in the shadow of PC, at least in my opinion. It's one of the quieter rooms, and I like quieter. I'd probably ruin that peace and turn Pokemon Trivia into a larger place, kind of like how FG is at the moment. I'd turn it into a bustling metropolis! :3

...yeah I'm ambitious. I don't really care about moving up - if it happens it happens, and I won't grumble about it, but I'm not really living for the rank-up, if that makes sense.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I modded Video Game once. It wasn't something on my to-do list. Didn't seek it out. Was particularly there active and it just happened. And probably some other circumstances and people

Video Games is where I would want to end up again if that were to happen though, yeah.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'd like to be an S-mod and help out in a more general manner, and with the decision making of higher staff. I'm not dedicated to any particular section enough to be a normal moderator, although I would go for CF&S if I could.
    After eight years I'm about the oldest active member never to have been on staff. 'Going for' moderator status gets to seem like a quaint afterthought.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • Would personally love to be a moderator of the Arts & Design board, since I'm there all the time and I have a shop/gallery there and whut'nut. I don't really do anything with myself other than work and lurk about on PC, usually always have a tab open for A&D. The whole 'ranking up' thing doesn't bother me much, really. I've been a moderator on a few low-key forums before, and I found it a lot less stressful than being an SMod/Admin, which I've also done on much more low-key forums. But yeah, A&D and General Chat would probably be the only two forums I'd want to moderator, GC because again, always here.

Oh and I'd like to be a moderator of Video Games, for no apparent reason other than it's viyda.Love me some vidya.

Last edited:

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • I would like to moderate General Chat, if given the chance, because I like posting here the most. I've been a mod before; it's a fun experience.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm afraid if I post in this thread that hstaff will do things to me again. Because the last time I posted in a thread like this:

Salt&PepperDiner said:
    Would I want to be a mod? Yeah, I want to be a mod, just a little bit.

But I know I'll never be chosen to be a mod. Seriously, who the hell would want me as a mod?

And then they promoted me without any warning at all and they came to my page and started making faces and stuff and I freaked out a bit.

Years
  • If I could choose one, probably Fifth Generation. It's my favorite generation, and that forum currently has no moderator, and even though it's no longer relevant I would still try to get formal when discussing things about it. That and I would attempt to think of creative Weekly Polls, too.

But I don't think i'd want to go up the ladder, just a general position would probably be enough for me.

Years
  • lol Zekrom... you're funny.

Anyways, as for me I think the section I'd likely choose to mod would be The Welcome Lounge because I have a tendency to post in almost every introduction thread imaginable and I do like seeing people settle into the community. I also seem like I have the "friendly" atmosphere that most past mods of the section have.

Not sure how well I'd settle into a mod position should it happen to me, but I'm sure that the rest of the staff will always have my back. As for eventually climbing into higher staff, I think those positions might be a bit more hard for me since you're modding lots of places at once and not focused on one area and I think being a regular mod with one particular area to focus is enough for me and my hectic lifestyle.

Plus I would look way better in steel blue than that orange or red

I find it kinda hilarious that so many members are saying things like "hika y u no mod yet" because they think I give off the impression of a staff member. But should an eventual promotion happen they would be very pleased it did happen.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I wouldn't want to be a mod. I wouldn't even know what section I would want to mod. I'll stick with my silver tier name and continue to lurk and post around the forums. ;D

Years
  • If I were to be honest, I think the decision from h-staff to mod me came from out of the blue (haha?). I didn't expect it at all, and it literally surprised me because when I was modded to my section because it wasn't my most-active section at all at the time.

However, one thing I'd advise to users is: don't try to make it overly obvious that you want to be a moderator.

On the other hand, if I were to mod other sections, I'd definitely love to be a moderator at The Welcome Lounge, and Advance Generation.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen yesterday
    Probably Computers & Technology, because it's an empty and boring place, so I wouldn't need to do anything its computers...and technology. Also computers.

I don't have a desire to go anything higher up, though.

Years
  • If I were to be a mod I'd probably like to mod the Roleplay Corner.
    It's a great sub-community, a really inclusive environment and full of interesting people and I think I'd really enjoy being a part of management and development of that. I don't know if I'd like being further up though, I've never really been in a position anything like that so who knows?

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    The idea of taking responsibility for something online and intangible or just managing other people in general doesn't really appeal to me when I have real-world things I'd rather focus on, but if I were to take interest in pursuing a mod position, I'd want it to be in the Art & Design section, as that's where my expertise lies and in the past (dunno about now since I just got back and haven't adequately assessed the changes that have been made) things were rather disappointing there and in desperate need of resuscitation, or were one-sided in favor of a single type of art. As for the ladder-climbing, in keeping with my disinterest in leadership, no, I'd rather stay a normal mod if I were ever to become one.

Back