• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
  • So a quick question from me: At least how many levels are needed to get the most accurate results in IV checking?

Also, if I bring a lv 1 Pokemon with me to a battle with Normal rules, will it be set to lv 50? 'cause I kinda forgot on multiplayer battle rules...

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Ok....I bet any of you never heard of this case or problem before.

Illusione-Tempus already took test with me for trade that I already told not put Pokemon in party as no hm move, no event Pokemon, no held item, and no hacked Pokemon. She said she never see this problem before that won't let me trade with it.

So I tried called Nintendo. No dice. So I sent to email for whole information than my phone because I am not good explain to videophone. I am deaf. I use vp to call. No charge on me to call because it webcam type. It won't work connect on computer. Only special kind connect on tv.

Someone told me that I have to replace my cartridge. But I don't want lose my Pokemon that I have in my AS. So how can I keep my Pokemon without start over for game?

Try signing up for pokebank and moving them there. You could then reset your cartridge rather than buy a new one and see if that works.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So a quick question from me: At least how many levels are needed to get the most accurate results in IV checking?

Also, if I bring a lv 1 Pokemon with me to a battle with Normal rules, will it be set to lv 50? 'cause I kinda forgot on multiplayer battle rules...

It really depends on the pokemon, some get really accurate numbers at level 10, but others not until level 50, but even then sometimes you only get 30-31 from the IV calculator (so it could be 30 or 31) pretty much the only way to get 100% accurate is to level up to level 100

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2022
    Oblox, problem is, I dont have any money to pay for Pokebank. I know it free download but pay again for one year and Id ont have enough money for that. Do you have better idea for that?

Candy

Years
  • It really depends on the pokemon, some get really accurate numbers at level 10, but others not until level 50, but even then sometimes you only get 30-31 from the IV calculator (so it could be 30 or 31) pretty much the only way to get 100% accurate is to level up to level 100

30,31 is really what I need when checking for Hidden Power IVs though. Thanks.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Oblox, problem is, I dont have any money to pay for Pokebank. I know it free download but pay again for one year and Id ont have enough money for that. Do you have better idea for that?

Nope there's not other option, trade or pokebank or lose them.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Ok....I bet any of you never heard of this case or problem before.

Illusione-Tempus already took test with me for trade that I already told not put Pokemon in party as no hm move, no event Pokemon, no held item, and no hacked Pokemon. She said she never see this problem before that won't let me trade with it.

So I tried called Nintendo. No dice. So I sent to email for whole information than my phone because I am not good explain to videophone. I am deaf. I use vp to call. No charge on me to call because it webcam type. It won't work connect on computer. Only special kind connect on tv.

Someone told me that I have to replace my cartridge. But I don't want lose my Pokemon that I have in my AS. So how can I keep my Pokemon without start over for game?

Would be nice if you give us information about this 'untradable' Pokémon of yours. Like what Pokémon it is, level, moveset, caught location, 'ball, and etc. Also, a little info of where you got it from.

Anyway, what's the game of the other trainer you're trying to trade that 'mon to? If your 'mon has/is holding an ORAS-exclusive attack/item, then you cannot trade that 'mon over to X and Y. :/

Candy

Years
  • Would be nice if you give us information about this 'untradable' Pokémon of yours. Like what Pokémon it is, level, moveset, caught location, 'ball, and etc. Also, a little info of where you got it from.

Anyway, what's the game of the other trainer you're trying to trade that 'mon to? If your 'mon has/is holding an ORAS-exclusive attack/item, then you cannot trade that 'mon over to X and Y. :/

I was the one who test trade with him, so I can testify for this.

The ones that he was trying to test trade was a freshly Poochyena and a Wurmple at his party. I tested it out with one of my Froakie leftovers. I got the error message that the Pokemon in his party cannot be traded.

The game I used was Omega Ruby.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2022
    Oblox - Oh ok. My check will come in next week. So I will pay that.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • So the other day in Omega Ruby, I caught a Nuzleaf in the wild on Route 114. It turned out to have a Power Herb, which was cool, but I found out on Serebii that they only have those if they're obtained with the DexNav. Which I didn't get that one from, it was a plain encounter. I'm not complaining (that Power Herb helped in one fight), but are the DexNav items capable of being found on regular Pokémon too? Because I am all but certain it was a wild encounter. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So the other day in Omega Ruby, I caught a Nuzleaf in the wild on Route 114. It turned out to have a Power Herb, which was cool, but I found out on Serebii that they only have those if they're obtained with the DexNav. Which I didn't get that one from, it was a plain encounter. I'm not complaining (that Power Herb helped in one fight), but are the DexNav items capable of being found on regular Pokémon too? Because I am all but certain it was a wild encounter. Thanks!

Well there's two things at play here, (1) people are absolutely CONVINCED that it is ONLY possible to get certain items via Dexnav which I myself am not completely convinced of because I am positive I got a Wurmple holding Brightpowder without using the Dexnav, so I don't know if I believe the assertion that these certain items can ONLY be obtained using the Dexnav.

and (2) the thing is, the Dexnav is always running, even if you're not actively using it. In fact if you are using other services (for example, the buzznav) where the other screen are still lined up down the right side of the screen you will occasionally see a red circle show up in the dexnav screen even though you're not using it so even if you have not activated the dexnav to look for a certain pokemon, the dexnav could still pick up a pokemon and act as normal although it will be a random pokemon

so short answer is you'd have to talk to someone who works at Gamefreak who actually programmed the game to know for sure, there are lots of examples of people getting items and HA or Egg Move pokemon randomly caught in the wild so it can't be dismissed as a possibility, but on the same note, the dexnav is always running and as you're running through tall grass (or whatever) it is quite possible the dexnav could activate making a pokemon appear right where you're running so what you think is a wild encounter could very well be a hidden pokemon appearing right where you're running right when you occupy that space so you don't actually see the hidden pokemon animation.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So does anyone know what the updates/patches that came out today for ORAS and X/Y were for? Cuz once again Nintendo was vague as fuck about the patch details.....

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    So does anyone know what the updates/patches that came out today for ORAS and X/Y were for? Cuz once again Nintendo was vague as psyduck about the patch details.....

Various bug fixes was the official line, hopefully more QR code patching and general game improvements.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So does anyone know what the updates/patches that came out today for ORAS and X/Y were for? Cuz once again Nintendo was vague as psyduck about the patch details.....

I had heard (complete conjecture and rumour mind you!) that the previous update itself had a glitch in it as soon as it came out so that this patch was actually to fix the glitch in the last patch. I have no idea if this is true, but I do remember reading as soon as v 1.04 came out that people were experiencing some glitch or another and they had hoped a patch to fix it would be out soon and here one is.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2022
    *finish update for my AS*
    *Turn on PSS for internet connection*
    *pick my friend to trade Pokemon*
    *Ready to trade Pokemon with my Pokemon*
    "There is a Pokemon that cannot be trade in a party."
    ****!
    *try with Wonder Trade*
    "Cannot find partner to trade."
    ****!!!!!!

Why Pokemon? :'( Why are you so mean to won't let me trade Pokemon?! Because my name in game, Darkie, effect you to won't let me trade or something?

edit: I am going force myself to reset my AS and lost one event pokemon for shiny that cannot get it again. Good job, Pokemon for not give me warning for people's name. You do give warning for Pokemon's name for not use Darkie. But not people's name. Good job, Pokemon.
    Someone told me on PM that it actually proof I use Darkie in game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    *finish update for my AS*
    *Turn on PSS for internet connection*
    *pick my friend to trade Pokemon*
    *Ready to trade Pokemon with my Pokemon*
    "There is a Pokemon that cannot be trade in a party."
    ****!
    *try with Wonder Trade*
    "Cannot find partner to trade."
    ****!!!!!!

Why Pokemon? :'( Why are you so mean to won't let me trade Pokemon?! Because my name in game, Darkie, effect you to won't let me trade or something?

edit: I am going force myself to reset my AS and lost one event pokemon for shiny that cannot get it again. Good job, Pokemon for not give me warning for people's name. You do give warning for Pokemon's name for not use Darkie. But not people's name. Good job, Pokemon.
    Someone told me on PM that it actually proof I use Darkie in game.

Don't reset your game based on someone's guess. If it was a word you can't use, the game wouldn't let you use it. You're making a HUGE decision based one two actions. First off, WHAT pokemon where you trying to trade? What moves did it have? There are currently several pokemon and pokemon moves you cannot trade with people from ORAS if they are playing X or Y. In addition, not being able to find a partner on Wonder Trade is a very common occurrence, so don't leap to hysterical conclusions and blame the game for you being impatient. Just try again later instead of deleting your entire game after not being able to trade twice

llr

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Don't reset your game based on someone's guess. If it was a word you can't use, the game wouldn't let you use it. You're making a HUGE decision based one two actions. First off, WHAT pokemon where you trying to trade? What moves did it have? There are currently several pokemon and pokemon moves you cannot trade with people from ORAS if they are playing X or Y. In addition, not being able to find a partner on Wonder Trade is a very common occurrence, so don't leap to hysterical conclusions and blame the game for you being impatient. Just try again later instead of deleting your entire game after not being able to trade twice
    Why don't you try to get the Name Rater to allow you to nickname a Pokémom "Darkie?"

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Why don't you try to get the Name Rater to allow you to nickname a Pokémom "Darkie?"

No, the person who wrote the first post thinks their trainer name (which can't be changed without starting a whole new game) is the problem, not the pokemon nickname.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back