• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I forgot where my Secret Base is. Is there still someone I can speak to that knows where my base is like there was in the original? Is it the same kid?

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I forgot where my Secret Base is. Is there still someone I can speak to that knows where my base is like there was in the original? Is it the same kid?

Don't quote me but I thought if you clicked on the map it shows where every ones base is and if it's yours it says so.

EDIT: Yeah when you click the map and then bases it shows where yours is located.

dirkac

scarfmaster asterisk
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    Oh that's good, I hadn't noticed... Flash as an HM was annoying :P

Actually, you can still use it to make the lower Floors of Granite Cave, Victory Road, and Scorched Slab brighter, but yeah.

Flash is a TM now and completely optional.

That said, it basically functions as a soft Repel in Caves, halving the Encounter Rate, so idk, if you're a cheapskate it's still worth using I guess.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    That said, it basically functions as a soft Repel in Caves, halving the Encounter Rate, so idk, if you're a cheapskate it's still worth using I guess.

Only in X/Y, actually. Doesn't do that in OR/AS.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Why can I trigger a Lake Guardian encounter in OR, but in AS? Does my beating the Elite Four in the latter make a difference?

According to Bulbapedia,
    It is only accessible by Soaring on LatiosOR or LatiasAS and is to the northeast of Sootopolis City on Route 126, if the player has three Pokémon with maximum friendship in their party.

You might already know that they show up during certain time in a day, but I'm pasting it here just case.

4:00am - 7:59pm

8:00pm - 8:59pm

9:00pm - 3:59am

Loriania

Mars Adept
    Years
  • I have Latias and Latios in my party for their games. Encountered Azelf by accident, but caught it.

Not sure how I get maximum friendship though. (At presently, trying to catch the phoenix of frustration.)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I have Latias and Latios in my party for their games. Encountered Azelf by accident, but caught it.

Not sure how I get maximum friendship though. (At presently, trying to catch the phoenix of frustration.)

Latios and Latias are actually not neccessary to be in your party. =)

There are a lot of ways to improve the friendship, feeding the vitamins like Protein, Calcium or EV Berries like Tamato Berry, having your Pokémon massaged at the lady from Mauville, leveling up, etc.

Be aware not to make your Pokémon faint and do not feed them herbs like Revival Herbs or it's gonna decrease the friendship.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Today I was wonder trading, and something odd happened. A Malamar level 100 Shiny with perfect IV stats was traded to me. No idea why would the OT would just let it go. Anybody has an idea why?

It looks like it was built for competative play.

252 HP EV
    252 SpD EV
    6 Spd EV

Careful Nature

Moves:
    Superpower
    Knock Off
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Years
  • Today I was wonder trading, and something odd happened. A Malamar level 100 Shiny with perfect IV stats was traded to me. No idea why would the OT would just let it go. Anybody has an idea why?

252 HP EV
    252 SpD EV
    6 Spd EV

Careful Nature

Moves:
    Superpower
    Knock Off
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Apparently I was looking at Smogon and it turns out Malamar tend to run that specific nature and moveset, although the preferred ability of choice is Contrary so it can use Superpower most efficiently. The EV spread is not the same as what I read on Smogon but it does come close.

But anyway, it's shiny and it's special. Besides, Wonder Trade is always an element of surprise because you could get something terrible or you could end up with something very awesome.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Today I was wonder trading, and something odd happened. A Malamar level 100 Shiny with perfect IV stats was traded to me. No idea why would the OT would just let it go. Anybody has an idea why?

252 HP EV
    252 SpD EV
    6 Spd EV

Careful Nature

Moves:
    Superpower
    Knock Off
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

PKMN fans have something called [Wonder Trade Wednesday] where they send shiny and/or competitive 'mons in Wonder Trade for the whole Wednesday. ;)

jasonthedrag0n

Disco Elephant
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2022
    I have a float stone to make a Pokemon lighter (and the guy who gave it to me got fatter xD), what actual difference does this make to the recipient Pokemon?

Years
  • Can't change Pokemon's nickname

Hi everybody,
    My friend offered me a shiny Eevee he caught on ORAS, but he couldn't change her name on his version, so he sent her without any nickname. I evolved her into a Umbreon, and sent her back to him, but he still can't change her nickname. He is the original trainer, it's his name in her "resume", and I don't know what to do to rename her... please don't answer stuff like "don't rename her lolz", if you haven't encountered the same problem or if you don't have any idea, please don't answer...
    Thank you very much !

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Hi everybody,
    My friend offered me a shiny Eevee he caught on ORAS, but he couldn't change her name on his version, so he sent her without any nickname. I evolved her into a Umbreon, and sent her back to him, but he still can't change her nickname. He is the original trainer, it's his name in her "resume", and I don't know what to do to rename her... please don't answer stuff like "don't rename her lolz", if you haven't encountered the same problem or if you don't have any idea, please don't answer...
    Thank you very much !

Since he's the original trainer, the only thing it can be is that he used Powersaves to make her shiny, which changes the Pokemon's PID.

So it's either he didn't catch it, or he hacked it to be shiny.

EDIT: Or maybe he caught it on a different game? Many people tend to use the same name on all games.

Years
  • Apparently it's not the first time it happens to him, he told me that sometimes, he couldn't even rename his starter ! Has anyone had the same problem, or has an idea about what the problem is and how to fix it ? He's not bothered by this bug, but it really annoys me not to know what the hell is going on XD

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    From what I know only the OTID has the right to change a Pokémon's nickname.
    As Volga says, if it came from a different save/different game(transfered through PokéBank from older Generations, his other Gen VI games) then he wouldn't be able to change it.

Check your friend's Trainer Card and your Pokémon's OTID and ID if they are exactly the same.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back