• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Can you tell this is my first playthrough of the game? (Lots of questions haha)

So is there a restaurant equivalent in ORAS? Like those triple battle meals you can play over and over again?
    The Mauville Food Court is pretty similar to the Lumiose City restaurants iirc.

What are the ideal natures for Espeon/Umbreon?
    Timid and Calm, respectively.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume I had to have caught the Regis in Alpha Sapphire for Regigias to appear. Because still nothing... I go to talk to the little girl and she doesn't say anything but two sentences.

Years
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume I had to have caught the Regis in Alpha Sapphire for Regigias to appear. Because still nothing... I go to talk to the little girl and she doesn't say anything but two sentences.

Okay, maybe they are an exception. But I know that with most other legendaries that require others to encounter, they don't to specifically need to be from OR/AS. Maybe there needs to be a FAQ regarding legendary encounters in the game or something if it appears that the three Regis need to specifically be caught in-game for the Regigigas encounter.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Apparently the requirements are this:
    -Catch Regirock, Registeel, and Regice in ORAS
    -Speak to the girl in Pacifidlog who tells you about Regigigas
    -Nickname Regice and give it an ice related item to hold
    -have all 3 in your party, and visit the cave that Regice is found in
    -only will appear in the daytime
    -it must be at least 24 hours since you caught the last Regi before Regigigas will appear

Assuming this is all true, it sounds like you have to catch all 3 within your ORAS game, though the ones you bring with may or may not have to be those specific three.

This is....an oddly specific way to encounter a Pokemon. It's like evolving Inkay or finding the Arceus plates in ORAS, who the hell would've thought to try this without looking stuff up?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Haha yeah it's crazy. Glad I know now though. Guess I'll just have to wait until I get Omega Ruby to catch him.

Years
    Hi all,
    The winds have picked up my interest in Pokémon once again and swept me to this place once more.
    I appear once again to humbly ask for advice.

I currently have a 6 IV Ditto in the daycare, holding a Destiny Knot, and a 4 IV Eevee holding an Everstone. My aim is to get a 5 IV Eevee with HP, either ATK / Sp. Atk, both Defences and Speed.
    The attack / sp atk is less important because I'm breeding for an Umbreon with Wish, Protect and Toxic. The last offensive move doesn't matter between special or physical attack. I just want one of them to be max as well.

So to my question:
    With these two partners I've bred over 5 boxes full, and I might have hatched less than 10 Eevee's with 5 IVs, all of which lacked one of the essential defensive stats.
    Is there a step in the process I'm skipping or is it truly based on luck?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Hi all,
    The winds have picked up my interest in Pokémon once again and swept me to this place once more.
    I appear once again to humbly ask for advice.

I currently have a 6 IV Ditto in the daycare, holding a Destiny Knot, and a 4 IV Eevee holding an Everstone. My aim is to get a 5 IV Eevee with HP, either ATK / Sp. Atk, both Defences and Speed.
    The attack / sp atk is less important because I'm breeding for an Umbreon with Wish, Protect and Toxic. The last offensive move doesn't matter between special or physical attack. I just want one of them to be max as well.

So to my question:
    With these two partners I've bred over 5 boxes full, and I might have hatched less than 10 Eevee's with 5 IVs, all of which lacked one of the essential defensive stats.
    Is there a step in the process I'm skipping or is it truly based on luck?
    This is all based on luck.

TI

good mornin'
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2017
    Hi all, I currently have a 6 IV Ditto in the daycare, holding a Destiny Knot, and a 4 IV Eevee holding an Everstone.
    Hi there.
    Sounds like you've just been getting extremely unlucky.
    However, depending on what the 4 IVs are for your eevee. If you hatch one with, let's say 5 IVs. You could breed THAT one with the ditto instead to make things go a bit faster.

Just remember if you do this that when you take back the Eevee from the daycare it will most likely have forgotten all its egg moves because you'll be putting him in there at lvl 1. But it'll still continue to pass them down so long as it stays in the day care and assuming you don't hatch a better egg - you could get them back with heartscales. But you'd be better off just breeding until you get something better - rinse repeat.

Hope this helped.

Years
    You could breed THAT one with the ditto instead to make things go a bit faster.

Hello!
    Thanks for the response (both to you and Platinumdude)!

I was considering that, but I'm not yet aware of how much it would have improved my odds. How exactly are IVs calculated in Gen 6? I've tried looking it up, but was unable to find satisfactory results. Would you mind explaining?

I know the Destiny Knot passes on IVs, but it doesn't seem to guarantee it. I've hatched plenty of 2 / 3 IV Eevees, unless it only passes on 2 IVs?
    Even then, knowing that adding a partner with a good amount of IVs increases the odds, I figured it would calculate the average between the stats, but even this seems false as otherwise I wouldn't have several matching perfect stats ending up lower. For instance both parents having perfect Defence IVs resulting in a not-perfect Defence IV in the offspring.
    How does it work?

TI

good mornin'
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2017
    How does it work?
    What the destiny knot does is essentially take all the IVs of both parents and guarantee that the baby will have 5 of those IVs at random.
    So if you've got a 6 IV ditto and a 4 IV Eevee. Then you've got decent odds of hatching a 5 IV Eevee already. The tricky part is getting the exact IVs you want.
    This is where switch breeding comes in. And why breeding while knowing exactly what you want is much less of a headache. Rather than what it sounds like you're trying, which is to be content with either attack or special attack.
    So that when you've hatched an Eevee that's not exactly what you want yet - but is slightly closer than the one you're breeding with - you've got better odds at getting what you want.

Normally when I'm breeding for something I try and have a clear goal.
    For example trying to breed for a good Flareon vs a good Sylveon has a vastly different process.
    Flareon you're looking for probably an adamant nature w/ guts. (Hidden ability) So you don't care about passing down the SpA IV. Making your 'switch breeding' a bit easier.
    Sylveon you're looking for modest and also it's hidden ability so you're not worried so much about it's attack IV. UNLESS you're super OCD and want a zero IV in attack so that you're taking as little damage as possible from foul play and stuff. But that's a pretty tough breed because it's 1/31 to get a 31/0/31/31/31/31 in the first place with flawless parents. Plus you're dealing with a 60% chance to pass the HA.
    And actually sometimes Sylveon runs hidden power too I think?
    Like yea no thanks I'd rather not waste the entire 4 days it would take to breed that. (Or months if you don't have any 30 IV dittos)

If I could post links. I'd probably direct you to a breeding guide on youtube that'll get a little more in depth. But you seem to have the gist of it already. :)

Years
    What the destiny knot does is essentially take all the IVs of both parents and guarantee that the baby will have 5 of those IVs at random.

Wow, thank you for taking the time to explain this in detail!
    So if I get this right, the Destiny Knot will choose 5 IVs out of the 12 IVs the parents have?
    So say, I have two 6 IV parents, the Destiny Knot makes it so that the baby has 100% chance to get at least 5 perfect IVs?
    That also means the 6th stat is chosen as random?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    So if I get this right, the Destiny Knot will choose 5 IVs out of the 12 IVs the parents have?
    Yes
    So say, I have two 6 IV parents, the Destiny Knot makes it so that the baby has 100% chance to get at least 5 perfect IVs?
    Unfortunately no. Occasionally it'll choose the IV for the same stat on both parents, ie it could take the HP IV from both parents, meaning you get a 4IV instead of a 5IV.
    That also means the 6th stat is chosen as random?
    Yes

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I'm having a problem. I'm trying to breed a Ralts with Shadow Sneak. I put a female Gardevoir and a male Duskull in the Day Care, but the old man says they don't like each other. What should I do?

Years
    I'm having a problem. I'm trying to breed a Ralts with Shadow Sneak. I put a female Gardevoir and a male Duskull in the Day Care, but the old man says they don't like each other. What should I do?

That's because you likely have different species with the same ID No. which results in a reduced chance of getting an egg. The same message happens when you have same species with different ID No.'s if I recall. Same species + same ID No.'s and different species + different ID No.'s have the best chance without factoring in the Oval Charm.

You'll just have to keep running around and then checking back.

Years
    Right so this is another question,
    I'm looking for somewhere to like, perfect my team for battle spot, and I know there is obviously the battle maison, but my strategy includes mew which is banned from it, and I'm wondering if there is anywhere I don't know about that has high leveled trainers that you can just battle until you have pretty much perfected it? Does this exist?
    Thanks!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Right so this is another question,
    I'm looking for somewhere to like, perfect my team for battle spot, and I know there is obviously the battle maison, but my strategy includes mew which is banned from it, and I'm wondering if there is anywhere I don't know about that has high leveled trainers that you can just battle until you have pretty much perfected it? Does this exist?
    Thanks!
    The best thing I can think of would be to replicate the team on Pokemon Showdown and hop on the Battle Spot Singles/Doubles ladder to start seeing how it works out in a fight. It also makes it a lot easier to make changes to the team while testing, so when you feel like you have the polished final form you can then just apply those changes to the cartridge version of your team instead of going through the hassle of potentially making a lot of possibly time consuming changes in-game.

Years
    The best thing I can think of would be to replicate the team on Pokemon Showdown and hop on the Battle Spot Singles/Doubles ladder to start seeing how it works out in a fight. It also makes it a lot easier to make changes to the team while testing, so when you feel like you have the polished final form you can then just apply those changes to the cartridge version of your team instead of going through the hassle of potentially making a lot of possibly time consuming changes in-game.
    Okay thanks! I'll make sure I try that out!

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2018
    Hey, I was wondering if there was any way to manage my competitive Pokemon training in any specific way via a mobile app or something? Specifically for my breeding, I set up Pokemon that I want 5 IVs for and being able to have a checklist or something in an app for when I swap between shiny breeding and IV/egg move breeding or swapping Pokemon I breed (I change frequently). (This problem came about when I hatched a shiny abra that should've had 5ivs but I put the wrong combo in and it didn't have egg moves and only 2 31 IVs)

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    That's because you likely have different species with the same ID No. which results in a reduced chance of getting an egg. The same message happens when you have same species with different ID No.'s if I recall. Same species + same ID No.'s and different species + different ID No.'s have the best chance without factoring in the Oval Charm.

You'll just have to keep running around and then checking back.

It still doesn't work no matter what I try. Can Duskull and Gardevoir not breed?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back