• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leeeeet's Join! ~ Rooster Teeth/Achievement Hunter Fan Club

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Um...what the hell?!

That looks like a super promising LP in the making. I'm curious as to how much time that took to make compared to Ice Cube. What it could be about? Your guess is as good as mine.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Oh my god the 8-Bit Salute was amazing to watch aaaah. <3 I didn't get to see all of it- only bits and pieces and then I watched like 8pm-6:30am (when i passed out lol) which is still a lot but aaaa. So fun. <3 I didn't get to see the Rockstar stream at all though because my dad's internet was complete ass on Friday but they did say they were probably gonna make a Let's Play of it in the future. Dropping List was a great Let's Play; I was wondering when Geoff was going to switch it up like that. AND Mario Kart 8 with Kerry, Ray, Ashley, and Ryan ahahaha so many good things.

And idk where Geoff said it (maybe it was on the stream?) but he definitely has Ice Cube X already planned, Minecraft Monopoly will actually be episodes 110 and 120 because it's funny to do it that way, and he's got up to 123 all sorted now. phew ok i think i'm caught up now

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I completely missed 8-Bit Salute D: At least I got to watch @midnight!

Dropping List was pretty amusing. Surprised that Ryan didn't do some weird form of cat burglary since the Geoff's Hut was back xD. That huge Tower of Pimps is very intriguing, with something that big they can probably do anything that they want. Nice to know that Geoff has up to episode 123 planned out already, shows that they still have plenty of ideas left.

As for Immersion...
    Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Ryan was too busy arguing with Jack and being confused by Gavin to steal anything this time lmao. And I guess... it's not really as fun to straight up steal the money imo. With Spring Harvest he would have been stealing materials rather than things that would straight up give him points. idk

OH YEAH IMMERSION i'm amazed at what gavin's test proved and panicked a little at michael's but oh my god everyone in the office just eating bananas for a week lmao Kdin posted on his tumblr that it was like the worst thing ever; he hates bananas.

OH AND Shannon just posted that they're gonna be doing an improv panel at RTX! That's gonna be well worth a watch~

also kind of unrelated but Ray's at a zoo right now and his twitter feed is a thing of beauty

Last edited:

Arc

Years
  • Oh yeah. Gavin asking the weird body swapping question. Honestly, I don't know what kind of response Gavin was expecting, since Ryan doesn't get asked those types of question a lot, haha. I was under the impression that Ryan was going to steal materials and drops instead of the money actually.

Yeah, I was really surprised that Gavin had such a successful test. I actually did notice the banana theme in their past recent videos, I just never gave it a second thought lol. And poor, poor Kdin xD

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Question: how exactly did Rooster Teeth get the rights to play Mario Kart early? Seems a little strange to me, considering Nintendo's strict attitude towards their games being on Youtube. Maybe we'll see more Nintendo-based LP's? That would be pretty fun.

Arc

Years
  • Nintendo probably asked them to make a video about it, so they gave them an early copy. Nintendo has done this before, but for mainly for review purposes. Like Kotaku got both Mario Kart 8 and Pikmin 3 early, so they can put up a review.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm wondering if this is an indicator of them succeeding in what they set out to do with athe Know- are they now considered a legit news and reporting source? Have they had discussions with Nintendo allowing their content to be used? Are they monetizing the new Nintendo videos they put out, or do they have some kind of internal deal with Nintendo? lol sry RT as a business is just really interesting to me

Arc

Years
  • I would take the assumption that Nintendo actually views RT (The Know) as a legitimate news/reporting source. Off the top of my head, only sites that actually conduct some form of news/journalism have been given copies of Mario Kart 8. Examples include Kotaku, IGN, Siliconera, etc. I don't know about the whole Nintendo + RT having some form of deal or negotiation, as that's an area I haven't really divulged into and that we've only had a handful of Nintendo videos so far.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Hmm, that makes sense. And I like that. The idea that DrunkGamers was created with has finally worked lmao.

ALSO LET'S TALK ABOUT MICHAEL'S HEIST OH SNAP
    Spoiler:

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • Jesus Christ Michael's heist was brilliant.

Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I honestly thought that Michael was going to double cross Geoff and Kerry when they initially got into the boat when they got to the docks, so I was glad to see it actually happened later on! Ray's reaction when Ryan died was so genuine, I loved it xD Considering the way the Heists have been set up - i.e. Gent, Lad, Gent, Lad - looks like Jack will be up next. I'm curious as to what he'll come up with considering we haven't actually seen what he can come up with on his own, as well as the fact that he hasn't been King in Minecraft either.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Actually... yeah, you're right now that I think about it. Jack is always the one playing the game rather than organizing/leading it. I'm expecting his to be very meticulously planned and reasonable... but what his twist is going to be is still in the air something I can't quite figure out.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • SpeedRunners would definitely be fun to play, but it didn't capture my interest as a Let's Play. PvZ is always pretty entertaining but I honestly didn't pay too much attention to it oops. Sportsfriends tho oh my god it was surprisingly intense as a Let's Play and I'm definitely going to end up getting it at some point haha. <3

One other thing I have to talk about though is HOW TO BAKING SIMULATOR OH MY GOD what a beautiful world we live in

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • You know, I'm not usually a big fan of the How To's considering it's almost like Rage Quit x2, but that video was extremely hilarious. As long as there's more real life footage going on in the videos, I'll continue to watch them. It's just that Adam screams way too loud so a constant ear phone user like myself has a lot of trouble watching those videos unfortunately.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Yeah I don't think Adam has ended up with the same "yell away from the mic" instinct that Michael and Gavin (mostly) have got. Even using speakers I wince sometimes lmao. But I love the irl footage and their dynamic and idk I like the series. As I've said before I never liked RQ a ton and always prefer banter over straight screaming so I like this~

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
    Years
  • Let's wrap up my thoughts on the things which happened (Sorry, that I can post barely, busy)

Michael's Heist

I agree that this heist, was so good because it kinda succeded, and not like other heists. The R&R Connection went out in a blaze of glory hahaha I knew from the beginning something was odd, since then do you put two guys out in the open like that, and then have them 'wait it out'. The end was very good, I have to say I didn't see it coming really, I thought the dot on the minimaps of Geoff and Kerry were someone else, but Lindsay didn't came to me.

Sportfriends & Speedrunners

I combined talking about those two things, since for me watching them, I felt the same very much. I love then the guys play a game which they enjoy, like really enjoy and makes me more happy watching it. Sportfriends, that game really looks like fun and I can think another let's play would be good that time with others, that would be fun. Speedrunners was the same loved the idea and how they really got into it, and... as Geoff said, Gavin needs to play this just for the reactions he would make.

Versus

Who would have known, that Ray would win Versus, in that game? haha but he was good for surprises, almost sweeping here. Nothing more has to be said other than, I wish that they implement another RL Versus soon, like the Battleships thingy soon.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I was actually shocked that Ray had won his Versus. Then again, if he didn't have sports going his way, he would have completely botched that xD I'm really curious to see what Geoff has in store when it comes to this week's Versus.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • God yes Lindsay had a really good idea for a game that would challenge him... and then it fell through with that category lmao.

Speaking of trivia games though- Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader was pretty great :D I liked that Ryan and Jack got to join as commentators~ kind of think there's some kind of unofficial rule that they can't play trivia games or something lmao

Back