• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    That's an interesting theory. I could see the professor giving the Mega Ring to the player, if not Steven Stone (but that would mean they receive it later in the game, at least not until the player first sees Steven, which, in the originals, was in a cave near Dewford Town)

It's called the Mega Bangle, as it's a different item than the Mega Ring the Kalos players wore.

Years
    [...] I don't really see Linoone getting a Mega Evolution as it's available so early in game and it doesn't really seem like they've hinted at it yet. They've hinted at mega Zangoose, Seviper, and Milotic though, by putting the Pokemon up on their official website (though the mega forms haven't been announced or confirmed yet, so idk).

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but the player character (Brendan or May) starts out wearing a Mega-Ring. I wonder what this means for the importance of Mega Evolution in the story? I have no doubt that Steven Stone's interest in Mega Evolution will be evident throughout the story.

What do you think?
    To be honest, you get Ralts as early as the second route, and its last evo can get a mega.
    And so does your starter.

And maybe they'll come up with an excuse for the rings, that is like "something a relative gave you long ago" or something like that xD

Years
    I hope to use all three (or six counting the Kanto ones) at one point in the game, be it in the main story or post E4. Though I start off with Treecko so Mega Sceptile for me.

I wonder if/when Dragonite, Milotic, Volcarona, and Haxorus will be getting Megas. Blue's ace (his starter), Steven's ace, and Cynthia's ace all have Megas.

Last edited:
    Years
    What Mega Starter is everyone gonna use?

Hey everyone, remember that confirmed information should be discussed in the DCC! This is a fairly new regulation, so obviously it's not that big of a deal if the conversation begins to lean toward something confirmed outside of the DCC, but try to keep it in mind as we get closer to the release date.

Do you guys think any more Gen V mons will get a Mega in ORAS?

Zolt

Pokemon Hacker and Master
    Years
    Hey everyone, remember that confirmed information should be discussed in the DCC! This is a fairly new regulation, so obviously it's not that big of a deal if the conversation begins to lean toward something confirmed outside of the DCC, but try to keep it in mind as we get closer to the release date.

Oh I didn't realize/: now I know!
    @ I sure hope so, some of x and y mega pokemon disappointed me.

Years

I hope we get Mega Volcarona.

How about more Gen VI mons?

Also we have yet to see a new Gen II Mega.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I hope we get Mega Volcarona.

How about more Gen VI mons?

Also we have yet to see a new Gen II Mega.
    I'm all for a Volcarona mega, would love to see that. But I doubt we'll see any (more) Gen 6 megas. Didn't Game Freak kinda not wanna make any mega evolutions for the newest generation of Pokemon? There is Diancie, but that's probably more like some weird exception and not a sign that we're gonna get an influx of Gen 6 megas.

Golbit

Last Champion
    Years
    I want to see Mega-Volcarona too. Other options (for me) are:

- Mega-Milotic (Water/Fairy; Water/Ice or Water/Psychic).
    - Mega-Ludicolo (Yes, guys, yes...)
    - Mega-Shiftry.
    - Mega-Breloom.
    - Mega-Slaking (Maybe, I don't know).
    - Mega-Snorlax.
    - Mega-Golem.
    - Mega-Electrode (>.>)
    - Mega-Sharpedo.
    - Mega-Wailord (Maybe...)
    - Mega-Grumpig.
    - Mega-Flygon.

And... I don't know. But, you know that Groudon and Kyogre have Primal forms. What about those forms for all Pokémon that appear from a fossil. Well, for me, it can be an interesting idea.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Volcarona is already quite powerful on its own (after one Quiver Dance, it literally becomes impossible to take down, sadly), so if they do decide to give it a mega-evolution for in future, they would like have to reduce some of its defensive stats so that it becomes easier to hurt, and perhaps also Speed. Personally, I'd really like to see a mega-form for it; I'm a pretty big fan of this Pokémon in general.

Mega-Flygon also sounds good! It's native to Hoenn, so it sort of does make sense for them to introduce it in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. They'd already given Salamence a mega-evolution, so giving it to another dragon is unlikely, in some way, but one could only hope.

If you ask me, Mega-Breloom is also a good idea. It's powerful, but not that much, as its defenses are quite low. If it wound up getting some mega-form, it'd be a lot beneficial.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Volcarona is already quite powerful on its own (after one Quiver Dance, it literally becomes impossible to take down, sadly), so if they do decide to give it a mega-evolution for in future, they would like have to reduce some of its defensive stats so that it becomes easier to hurt, and perhaps also Speed. Personally, I'd really like to see a mega-form for it; I'm a pretty big fan of this Pokémon in general.

Mega-Flygon also sounds good! It's native to Hoenn, so it sort of does make sense for them to introduce it in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. They'd already given Salamence a mega-evolution, so giving it to another dragon is unlikely, in some way, but one could only hope.

If you ask me, Mega-Breloom is also a good idea. It's powerful, but not that much, as its defenses are quite low. If it wound up getting some mega-form, it'd be a lot beneficial.

Flygon is the only Hoenn non-legendary dragon to not get a mega confirmation. *sob*

Anyway, as to which Gen V pokemon I would like to see, I am hoping for klinklang to get one. It's a very unique pokemon and I actually like it quite a lot.

It is obvius i will choose Treeko for Dragon sceptile! Dragons rule!

BTW can someone tell me how to do a signiture
    and were is the dragon fan club!

Posted on your profile page.

Zolt

Pokemon Hacker and Master
    Years
    It is obvius i will choose Treeko for Dragon sceptile! Dragons rule!

BTW can someone tell me how to do a signiture
    and were is the dragon fan club!
    Dragons are the best! lol
    You can change your signature, by going to your profile. and then at the top middle section, click cuostomize profile. then on the left side, 3 links down it says ' edit signature ' There you go dude!
    and here's the best club ever! https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=313186

Years

I kind of want it to get a normal evolution, but if it does get a Mega (well even if it got a normal evo next gen) I'll like it to get an increase in speed and attack. Though a Gale Wing Pokemon could easily take it down even with a Mega :(.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I wonder if we will get another dual Mega Pokemon
    Mega Salamence or Milotic seem most likely imo as they are fan favorites...I think
    Tho Mega Metagross could too. But also Sceptile or Swampert...but I'd stop the list there

So, we could still be getting quite a few more Megas I guess.

Eh, while I see Milotic getting a Mega, due to its counterpart Gyarados having one, I doubt it'll get two. Again, mostly because Gyarados has one.

Same thing with Salamence. The other pseudo-legendaries that have Megas, Tyranitar, Metagross, and Garchomp only have one each. It would throw off the balance, IMO. If any Pokémon is gonna get two Megas, it would probably be another legendary or another fan-favorite starter. I see them possibly introducing Mega Mew in two forms or maybe Blaziken will get another Mega form. However, I'd prefer it if they gave dual Megas to one of the Johto starters. Although, I don't really see that happening either. None of the other starters really has the same fan-following as Charizard.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back