• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I like megas and all but I don't like how GF adds megas to some pokemon. Like Sableye or Mawile. Those Pokemon were underpowered Pokemon without an evolution, they should have got a normal evolution instead of a mega imo. Like Misdreavus or Murkrow. Slapping mega's on all those underpowered one-stage Pokemon seems a little too exaggerated to me.
    That said, I'd really love to see a Flygon mega, a Milotic mega would be cool too, since Gyarados got one and they are kind of opposites to each other.

I see where you're coming from, but Game Freak's using Mega evolution as a way to make those one-stage Pokemon more useful, like a true evolution would have. Sure, it's a lot less practical, because then the Pokemon can't use held items, and it can be the only Mega on a team, but these draw backs allow for bigger gains in terms of stat boosts/ability changes. Not sure how it's exaggerated, as you said, but if that makes them under-powered, then wouldn't giving 3 stage Pokemon like Flygon a Mega over-powered? Point being, Megas have lots of different purposes. All Mega-evolved Pokemon are powerful and dangerous, doesn't matter how large their evolution line is.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I see where you're coming from, but Game Freak's using Mega evolution as a way to make those one-stage Pokemon more useful, like a true evolution would have. Sure, it's a lot less practical, because then the Pokemon can't use held items, and it can be the only Mega on a team, but these draw backs allow for bigger gains in terms of stat boosts/ability changes. Not sure how it's exaggerated, as you said, but if that makes them under-powered, then wouldn't giving 3 stage Pokemon like Flygon a Mega over-powered? Point being, Megas have lots of different purposes. All Mega-evolved Pokemon are powerful and dangerous, doesn't matter how large their evolution line is.

The issue is that those one stage Pokemon will eventually end up having their Megas overshadowed by Megas given to even stronger Pokemon down the line, because as you said giving a 3 stage Pokemon like Flygon will make that pokemon potentially over powered. Sure you can say may they won't give 3 stage Pokemon Megas, but Masuda did mention how he'll like to see more Megas in the future, potentially in every Pokemon (family). Also the 100 stat gain may not be enough for some of the them. I fear that may be the case for Sableye when it comes out... Really, it's more about stats than the length of the evolution line, it just so happens that 3 stage Pokemon have higher stats than one stage Pokemon. I don't like how it seems Megas seem to be supplanting normal evolutions...

Though I would like to see Minun and Plusle to get Megas seeing how GF is unlikely to go back and do anything to them in another generation like a normal evolution :( Plus their stats aren't as low as Sableye's and Mawile's.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    The issue is that those one stage Pokemon will eventually end up having their Megas overshadowed by Megas given to even stronger Pokemon down the line, because as you said giving a 3 stage Pokemon like Flygon will make that pokemon potentially over powered. Sure you can say may they won't give 3 stage Pokemon Megas, but Masuda did mention how he'll like to see more Megas in the future, potentially in every Pokemon (family). Also the 100 stat gain may not be enough for some of the them. I fear that may be the case for Sableye when it comes out... Really, it's more about stats than the length of the evolution line, it just so happens that 3 stage Pokemon have higher stats than one stage Pokemon. I don't like how it seems Megas seem to be supplanting normal evolutions...

Though I would like to see Minun and Plusle to get Megas seeing how GF is unlikely to go back and do anything to them in another generation like a normal evolution :( Plus their stats aren't as low as Sableye's and Mawile's.

Upon the release of Mega Sableye, I was kind of disappointed. Its design was cool, but that should've been an actual evolution, rather than a Mega. Same goes for Mawile, oddly enough. I really hope that if they do keep trying to give 1 stage Pokèmon, a buff, that it'd be a regular evolution(dunsparce anyone) And not to ignore other Pokemon when making a evolution for one Pokémon, and not do it with another, when it would've made perfect sense.

No Gallade mega?

Years
    Upon the release of Mega Sableye, I was kind of disappointed. Its design was cool, but that should've been an actual evolution, rather than a Mega. Same goes for Mawile, oddly enough. I really hope that if they do keep trying to give 1 stage Pokèmon, a buff, that it'd be a regular evolution(dunsparce anyone) And not to ignore other Pokemon when making a evolution for one Pokémon, and not do it with another, when it would've made perfect sense.

No Gallade mega?

Yeah, Mega Banette should've really been Banette's evolution to serve as a counterpart to Dusknoir...then give those two Megas...

Yeah, I hated how Gallade was ignored...I hope that it get's one. Maybe Wally could get a Gallade instead of Gardevoir and Mega evolve it :3

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I could see Gallade having to wait until either the 7th gen games or even longer until the 4th gen remakes.

Main reason I'm just not sure if we'll see any non Hoenn megas in ORAS. (outside of legendaries like Diancie)

DJTiki

Years
    Yeah, Mega Banette should've really been Banette's evolution to serve as a counterpart to Dusknoir...then give those two Megas...

Yeah, I hated how Gallade was ignored...I hope that it get's one. Maybe Wally could get a Gallade instead of Gardevoir and Mega evolve it :3

That's all I want out of Wally, a shiny Mega Gallade. :3 Idc, if you only see him once. But I think GF should give some Megas to Gen 5 and 6, I mean, who doesn't want to see Chandelure mega, and have orange fiery crystallites hanging from its body, with WAY more candles. And a Talonflame mega, oh my god, a hawk colored in black and red and spewing blue flames everywhere.:3

Last edited:

Years
    That's all I want out of Wally, a shiny Mega Gallade. :3 Idc, if you only see him once. But I think GF should give some Megas to Gen 5 and 6, I mean, who doesn't want to see Chandelure mega, and have orange fiery crystallites hanging from its body, with WAY more candles. And a Talonflame mega, oh my god, a hawk colored in black and red :3

I think (and to some extent hoping) that they'll save Gen VI megas for 'Z', leaving Diancie as the only one to get a Mega for these games. Well maybe Hoopa can too...
    I also think they'll keep the number of Gen V Megas low, if they get any. I'll like to see Mega Haxorus Dragon/Steel, Mega Serperior Grass/Dragon (though I think we'll most likely get Johto Megas if we get any other regions, but maybe we'll get three regional Mega starters (Hoenns of course, Johto, and Unova)), Mega Chandelure, and Mega Ferrothorn.

DJTiki

Years
    I think (and to some extent hoping) that they'll save Gen VI megas for 'Z', leaving Diancie as the only one to get a Mega for these games. Well maybe Hoopa can too...
    I also think they'll keep the number of Gen V Megas low, if they get any. I'll like to see Mega Haxorus Dragon/Steel, Mega Serperior Grass/Dragon (though I think we'll most likely get Johto Megas if we get any other regions, but maybe we'll get three regional Mega starters (Hoenns of course, Johto, and Unova)), Mega Chandelure, and Mega Ferrothorn.

Yeah, Z is inevitable(since we had X&Y, then the remakes, and soon the sister-game). I was always thought Haxorus to be Dragon/Bug, since Hydregion was orginally, gonna be a Steel/Dragon with designs remsembling a tank or of that like.(I'll have to find the quote and edit later. Its why you see faint tire marks on its body. But idk.

EDIT:"Originally, according to interviews with Ken Sugimori in Nintendo Dream, Hydreigon and its pre-evolutions were intended to be cybernetic dragons incorporating aspects of tanks within their bodies before being redesigned around the theme of Yamata no Orochi. The tank track-like markings on Hydreigon's body are a remnant of this design."

Last edited:

Years
    Yeah, Z is inevitable(since we had X&Y, then the remakes, and soon the sister-game). I was always thought Haxorus to be Dragon/Bug, since Hydregion was orginally, gonna be a Steel/Dragon with designs remsembling a tank or of that like.(I'll have to find the quote and edit later. Its why you see faint tire marks on its body. But idk.

Yeah, Hydreigon was going to be Dragon/Steel originally.
    I do think though that Haxorus will fit that type combo, seeing how it's armor is said to be tough as steel irc. Yet it has paper towel defenses...so a Mega could fix that up :)

DJTiki

Years
    Yeah, Hydreigon was going to be Dragon/Steel originally.
    I do think though that Haxorus will fit that type combo, seeing how it's armor is said to be tough as steel irc. Yet it has paper towel defenses...so a Mega could fix that up :)

Yeah that is true, or you could just keep the typing and buff its defenses? It doesn't have to be steel to be bulky. *cough*Mega*cough*Venusuar*

Years
    Yeah that is true, or you could just keep the typing and buff its defenses? It doesn't have to be steel to be bulky. *cough*Mega*cough*Venusuar*

I just think that it'll be cool if it did have steel. It'll give it a boost in the number of resistances it has. But then again it will replace it's Fairy and Ice weaknesses for Fighting and Ground...which are quite common in upper tiers...but in a way that'll even it out.

I read in bulbapedia that Hydreigon is based on the Orochi but according to Masuda they limited it's heads to only 3 as they thought 8 would be confusing. Maybe they could give it a Mega will all eight. Like the hands can become three heads and the main head can split into two heads. Also they could make it more snake like...

DJTiki

Years
    I just think that it'll be cool if it did have steel. It'll give it a boost in the number of resistances it has. But then again it will replace it's Fairy and Ice weaknesses for Fighting and Ground...which are quite common in upper tiers...but in a way that'll even it out.

I read in bulbapedia that Hydreigon is based on the Orochi but according to Masuda they limited it's heads to only 3 as they thought 8 would be confusing. Maybe they could give it a Mega will all eight. Like the hands can become three heads and the main head can split into two heads. Also they could make it more snake like...

It could lose its Levitate ability, in turn for either Hyper Cutter, Moxie, or Infiltrator, and would obviously get an Attack boost, and get a Sp. Defense boost too. That would awesome 8 heads, it makes a three-headed Houndoom look stupid.

Years
    I would love Dragon/Steel Mega Hydreigon! It's my fave pseudo-legendary, and I was really sad that it gained a 4x weakness to fairies. Making it Dragon/Steel would allow it to take neutral damage from Fairy attacks AND deal super effective STAB damage to Fairy mons. Hydreigon also learns three Steel moves, and while that may not sound like much, GF has adjusted what moves Pokemon can learn (via level up, breeding, Move Tutor, etc.), so they could make those adjustments for Hydreigon, too. Plus, if they plan on bringing in aspects of Emerald to ORAS, that would likely include Move Tutors, so they may be able to teach Steel type moves that Hydreigon could learn.

Years
    I would love Dragon/Steel Mega Hydreigon! It's my fave pseudo-legendary, and I was really sad that it gained a 4x weakness to fairies. Making it Dragon/Steel would allow it to take neutral damage from Fairy attacks AND deal super effective STAB damage to Fairy mons. Hydreigon also learns three Steel moves, and while that may not sound like much, GF has adjusted what moves Pokemon can learn (via level up, breeding, Move Tutor, etc.), so they could make those adjustments for Hydreigon, too. Plus, if they plan on bringing in aspects of Emerald to ORAS, that would likely include Move Tutors, so they may be able to teach Steel type moves that Hydreigon could learn.

Or allow it to learn them by Tutor Machine. After all one of the best Special steel moves is a Tm and I imagine it'll be a special attacker like normal Hydreigon is.

DJTiki

Years

Making it a Dragon/Steel with an attack boost would be so great, but a Sp.Def boost would prevent from being too overpowered if it keeps Levitate, as no brainer, Fighting moves, are mostly physical. If it was to get a boost in Defense, and keep
    Levitate, inatant ubers. Since, itll have a base total of 700.

Years
    Or allow it to learn them by Tutor Machine. After all one of the best Special steel moves is a Tm and I imagine it'll be a special attacker like normal Hydreigon is.

It can already learn Flash Cannon and Steel Wing via TM (Iron Tail is a BW2 Move Tutor move); the only one it can't learn is Gyro Ball, but I can't really see it learning that. They could always replace TMs with other Steel moves, though. That being said, there aren't many Special Steel moves it could learn as of right now. One is Jirachi's signature move, one is Flash Cannon, and the third is Mirror Shot, which is a lesser Flash Cannon.

DJTiki

Years
    It can already learn Flash Cannon and Steel Wing via TM (Iron Tail is a BW2 Move Tutor move); the only one it can't learn is Gyro Ball, but I can't really see it learning that. They could always replace TMs with other Steel moves, though. That being said, there aren't many Special Steel moves it could learn as of right now. One is Jirachi's signature move, one is Flash Cannon, and the third is Mirror Shot, which is a lesser Flash Cannon.

Hah. Imagine Hydergion learning Doom Desire via Level. You know what? That doesn't sound TOO off. Does Hydergion learn Iron Head? If so, it could be perfect candidate for Steel retyping. We already know they had a design for one(just didnt keep it) also it can learn various Steel moves.

Years

So me thinking it learned Flash Cannon was right...should've trusted my memory more...
    Well in that case there's not much more steel moves that could benefit it, unless they introduce even more new moves.

DJTiki

Years
    So me thinking it learned Flash Cannon was right...should've trusted my memory more...
    Well in that case there's not much more steel moves that could benefit it, unless they introduce even more new moves.

I have a move for you. Since its already annoying, protect stallers. Maybe a Steel-move that doubles in power, of the person uses a protecting move. King's Shield included. And call it Shield Crash.

masterxy

Pokémon Breeder
    Years

Exaggerated as in terms: Will every Pokemon without an evolution and low stats (which means is basically not doing too well in battle) now receive a Mega-Evolution instead of a possible normal evolution - like they did several times before (Murkrow for example)? It just feels wrong. Buffing weak Pokemon is fine but they shouldn't forget that there's still the default evolution from which many Pokemon would benefit even more.

Also I DO think certain Mega-Evolutions were unneccessary, making an already powerful Pokemon-Family slightly overpowered. I wish they'd just use the ME more "carefully" and not just throw them around like that.

That said, I still think Mega Evolution is great, I just think it's in danger of getting too much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back