• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There doesn't seem to be much changes in terms of aesthetics (well, I suppose this the main point of mega-evolutions--to have these Pokémon forms to resemble their original as closely as possible, while still keeping it slightly different), but its No Guard ability sounds quite interesting! I can't think of any move right now which it could use to take advantage of this ability, but I'm sure it will be of great help.

Only thing I'm personally not too intrigued with is its typing, which is still normal-flying. Would've been nice to see how things would be had that changed. Not too big of a deal, though!

As for Mega-Beedrill, that also looks pretty good. Seems to be very intimidating, which I'm definitely fond of! Just wondering about how its stats are going to be.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • There doesn't seem to be much changes in terms of aesthetics (well, I suppose this the main point of mega-evolutions--to have these Pokémon forms to resemble their original as closely as possible, while still keeping it slightly different), but its No Guard ability sounds quite interesting! I can't think of any move right now which it could use to take advantage of this ability, but I'm sure it will be of great help.

Only thing I'm personally not too intrigued with is its typing, which is still normal-flying. Would've been nice to see how things would be had that changed. Not too big of a deal, though!

As for Mega-Beedrill, that also looks pretty good. Seems to be very intimidating, which I'm definitely fond of! Just wondering about how its stats are going to be.
    It has Hurricane, and it apperantly could learn Heat Wave through move tutor. They may give it new moves to fit it's ability, like how they gave more 'Pulse' moves in XY to Blastoise to make use of Mega Launcher.

Perhaps they'll give it Thunder, and Fire Blast through Tm. Normal types can usually learn a diverse number of elemental moves so why not? Maybe Blizzard too.

Since Pidgeot got a Mega other early route mons may get Megas too. Hopefully Nocowl will get one, where it'll be Psychic/Flying and get a new ability that functions like Pixelate. Or maybe even Normal/Psychic with the ability Levitate. It also raises my hopes that Linoone and Swellow will get them.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I would expect to see Mega Butterfree revealed in the coming weeks. As Butterfree is a counterpart to Beedrill, it's definitely looking likely. I can't see them buffing up one of the two and leaving the other to fall behind for no particular reason.

mega beedrill =/= mega butterfree

remember, we got mega mawile, gardevoir and blaziken in X and Y, and Sableye, gallade, sceptile and swampert in ORAS
    banette in X and Y, yet nothing about dusknoir
    We've got mega slowbro in ORAS, but nothing about mega slowking (as of yet)

all pokemon listed have counterparts, and neither received megas in the same game (slowking/slowbro could change that, but I doubt it), so basically i'm saying that just because one pokemon gets a mega, doesn't automatically confirm that it's counterpart will receive a mega, too

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I'll hold my opinion of Mega Pidgeot until we know its stats. If he gets a Sp.Atk. boost, he should be much more useful than regular Pidgeot because, with full accuracy, Hurricane and Heat Wave are better moves than Brave Bird. He may also get better Speed. Mega Charizard Y also has bigger wings and a Speed beef. Pidgeot doesn't need much more Speed though because X and Y boosted his base Speed to 101, which is quite good. I'm expecting him to be like Mega Charizard X, who received a generous boost to a lesser stat (Attack). And, with high Sp.Atk., he'll be the only early route bird with decent Sp.Atk. and Speed stats, which carves him quite a good niche.

If I were GF, I'd lower Pidgeot's Attack to 70, boost his Sp.Atk to 135, his Speed to 121, and both his Defenses to 85.

It's not unknown for certain Pokémon to get movepool updates mid-gen, too. I'm still hopeful for a Dark-type move stronger than Bite on Gyarados, and the Tutors could help these Pokémon even further.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Yeah Mega Pidgeot can be a great partner in doubles.

It's sad how Mega Pidgeot has like only 2 good moves that can be abused by No Guard; Hurricane and Heat Wave. Mega Pidgeot will always be hit by Stone Edge, Thunder and Focus Blast. Horrible.

Mega Beedrill is going to be a powerhouse. STAB X-Scissor and Poison Jab now have a BP of 160 thanks to Adaptability, and if they're super effective hits then their BP is a whopping 320.

Aside from these 2 megas, I am now 100% sure that Shiftry gets a Mega. Since he was first used as promo for Sidney's team, he appeared in almost every battle scene screenshots and trailers. It is just so obvious. He even appears in a screenshot battling Mega Pidgeot.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • It's sad how Mega Pidgeot has like only 2 good moves that can be abused by No Guard; Hurricane and Heat Wave. Mega Pidgeot will always be hit by Stone Edge, Thunder and Focus Blast. Horrible.

Only danger is Stone Edge. Nobody uses Thunder, and Focus Blast is neutral on him.

No Guard is still better than all of his three regular abilities.

Years
  • Only danger is Stone Edge. Nobody uses Thunder, and Focus Blast is neutral on him.

No Guard is still better than all of his three regular abilities.
    I've seen plenty of Thunder users, so it's at least underused, if not Overused.
    Maybe they'll give Pidgeot Earthquake to take care of the types most likely to have those two moves.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I really like the looks of these new megas, especially pidgeot. I wish it got a new type to replace normal, though. Beedrill's mega also looks a bit too much like escavalier to me.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • I really like the looks of these new megas, especially pidgeot. I wish it got a new type to replace normal, though. Beedrill's mega also looks a bit too much like escavalier to me.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Maybe Mega Flygon will the Demo's Mega. Flygon took the place of the Latis in Emerald's opening so it's almost like a non legendary Suicune that can evolve to those two xD. And they both got Megas. Of course Gallade didn't get a Mega in XY either...so maybe in Z where it'll be overshadowed by Mega/Primal Zygarde as the best Ground/Dragon type :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Are any more mega-evolutions set to be reveled in future, or is Pidgeot and Beedrill the last? If there's more, then Mega-Flygon still has some chance of being introduced, I feel, considering how popular it is among fans and whatnot. Definitely think it deserves one, personally; even if they had given these forms to several other dragon-types already, it wouldn't hurt to gift it to one more.

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • Can we talk about why Mega Latios/Latias is in the code of X/Y? We now know that Mega Latio/as will let you fly in the overworld, so it may be possible that the Eon Flute will be obtainable in X and Y.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Part of me hopes that some of that is right (character customization, move tutors, expanded post-game), but I have to be skeptical because....why would someone leak all that on Reddit?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back