• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    Now my opinions of all the new megas.. since the release of the game's coming soon..

Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, Mega Camerupt, Mega Gallade... I like those the best
    Mega Diancie is going to the wedding..
    Mega Beedrill is similar vespiqueen
    Mega Slowbro.. Worst design..ever.. would've looked way better if there's slots for the legs.. and standing on four legs..
    Mega Pidgeot good.. if only the feather right top of his head that looks like a hair doesn't exist.. the design would look better..
    Mega Glalie not bad..and good maybe in between
    Mega Salamence for what ever reason it turned into somekind of a kite..
    Mega Lopunny better than the original one..
    Mega Audino, Mega Metagross good
    Mega Altaria it's cloudy hair .. doesn't fit..
    Mega Steelix, Mega Sableye, Mega Sharpedo.. would've been better if they look more natural..
    Mega Rayquaza.. design is overrated... should have looked more natural and ancient/sacred..

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Ha, one of the more outrageous things I've read here.

I think Mega Evolution is a much bigger improvement to a Pokémon, and also works on three-stage Pokémon, unlike regular evolution which tends to just beef their stats while keeping abilities.

Anything with a BST higher than 400 probably shouldn't get an evolution. Mawile got a Mega despite lower BST and was vastly improved.

Years
  • Although the picture seems to be real, that doesn't necessarily mean that all the Pokemon featured in the poster are gonna get Megas. Sure, all the other ones in there got megas, but Milotic, Slaking, Seviper, and Zangoose are all prominent Hoenn pokes, so it'd make sense for them to be on a poster of the remakes of the Hoenn games.

The only issue is, is that the picture seems to be based off Megas, not prominent Hoenn Pokemon.

If they wanted to do Hoenn Pokemon, that would be a picture. It's awfully strange for them to put Pokemon in a picture that is mostly made up of Mega Evolutions if they aren't getting one.

Plus Pikachu isn't prominent to Hoenn, sure it's the mascot and all but still....

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The only issue is, is that the picture seems to be based off Megas, not prominent Hoenn Pokemon.

If they wanted to do Hoenn Pokemon, that would be a picture. It's awfully strange for them to put Pokemon in a picture that is mostly made up of Mega Evolutions if they aren't getting one.

Plus Pikachu isn't prominent to Hoenn, sure it's the mascot and all but still....
    They're all still related to ORAS though. Most of the Pokemon on the poster either got Mega Evolutions in ORAS, or in Pikachu's case, got new forms in ORAS. The only ones on the poster that do not currently have a Mega or new form are Slaking, Feebas (Milotic), and Zangoose; all Pokemon that are notable Hoenn pokes, and are also ones that people have been seriously wanting to get megas since the day ORAS was announced.

My point was that people need to calm down and stop thinking that every leaked photo or reddit post confirms something. Could I be wrong and are all the Pokemon featured in the poster gonna get a Mega Evolution? Certainly. But there is nothing that currently points to that being the case, and I think it's better to not be like "zomg Zangoose is on dat poster Mega Zangoose CONFIRMED gaiz!!!!!!" until there's a little more evidence.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Honestly , Mega Glalie could had better design ! Such as this--

Spoiler:

Glalie's real megevolution sound painful . Its jaws blow up therefore it can't close its mouth.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Honestly , Mega Glalie could had better design ! Such as this--

Spoiler:

Glalie's real megevolution sound painful . Its jaws blow up therefore it can't close its mouth.
    I'll admit I like that one better, also it looks like a design that would fit with Refrigerate due to the cold air streaming out of it.

Tbh I think that if they make a Mega Electrode it'll end up similar to Mega Glalie...with it's mouth open showing off it's core. Interestingly normal Glalie shares it's bst with Electrode...

Dandelien

Tobacco is my favorite vegetable!
    Years
  • I think Ninetales needs a mega evolution because it's sh*t but it's so puuuurdy and they could make it a fire/dark

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Want to know an interesting fact about Mega Evolutions? Game Freak decides which Pokémon will get a Mega based on their popularity. Given the fact that there aren't many people here who like Beedrill or Audino, I presume that most of these Pokémon are fan favourites in Japan.

That being said, I got some ideas on which Pokémon will be getting Mega Evolutions. They may appear in ORAS, or even in the next games. Who knows. :P

Mega Flygon: This one is the one I want the most. First off, this Pokémon has okay stats. While they can often do the job well done, they do feel like it needs a boost. Secondly, there's a NPC in ORAS called Aarune, who is also the Secret Base Expert. His signature Pokémon is a Flygon. And finally, it is a popular Pokémon here in the West. I'm not sure about Japan, but I assume they'll also like this anthropomorphic bug.
    Mega Ninetales: This one is similar to my opinion on Mega Flygon. Ninetales has below average stats, so because of that, it's a Pokémon that really needs a Mega. Given that this is also one of the oldest Pokémon as well as the amount of people who like this cutesy thing, both in the West and Japan, I could really see Ninetales getting a Mega Evolution in the distant future.
    Mega Mienshao: I'm pretty confident to say that Mienshao is a fan favourite in both the West and in Japan, and I got proof for both. In the West, Pokemon.com hold a little poll called the Fighting-type Face off. Mienshao made it into the Top 4 of this competition, only to be beaten by two Megas and a Legendary. In Japan, there was once a magazine where you could vote for your favourite Unova Pokémon. Mienshao made it into 28th place. Might I also mention that Audino, a Pokémon with a Mega, has made it into this popularity contest? Audino won 26th place. Popularity aside, I could also see this anthropomorphic weasel getting a boost in Special Attack, similar to how Lucario got a boost in Attack when it Mega Evolves. I can't say that this Mega will appear, however. Given that we only have one Unova Pokémon with a Mega Evolution, as well as how Mienshao is kind of new, we'll probably never see a Mega for this thing. I'm still hoping for one, though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I might be a little biased here due to it being one of my all-time favorite Pokémon, but Mega-Ninetales sounds good, I believe. If they wind up giving it a new ability, this could make Ninetales more easy to utilize when it comes to competitive battling and whatnot, I believe; it'd have chance to set up sunny-day as soon as it's sent out, evolve into its mega-form, gain another ability (causing it to get an upper-hand), and wreak some major havoc.

Though, if they're giving Ninetales a mega-evolution, they'd likely have to do the same for Politoed, as they have been treated as some pair of sorts by majority of fans ever since generation five, thanks to them getting respectively acquainted with Drought and Drizzle.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Yeah, when Mega's were first announced, I wanted Megas for my personal Gen I Fire-trio Ninetales, Arcanine and Rapidash.

Ninetales: Fire/Ghost
    Arcanine: Fire
    Rapidash: Fire/Flying or Fire/Fairy

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • For whatever reason in the Gen2 special split, GF decided Ninetails was defensive. Fire/Fairy would be the better defensive typing - adding only one weakness. ALSO Fairy is super-effective against Dragons who resist Fire, so it is the best choice offensively too.

A resistance Dark and Fighting, double Resist to Bug. Really good coverage with it's stab moves. Makes for a great pokemon.

----Edit----
    What about a Mega Ability that Forces a switch like Roar does? Possibly for Arcanine or Mightyena. You Mega-Evolve first, the Roar switches out the enemy, and then your attack lands on the new opponent. If you can predict the switch, easier latter in the match, you can score a powerful hit.

I thought about an Ability that did a Noble Roar, lower attack and S.Attack as an ability, combined with Intimidate that's -2 Attack. That would just force you opponent to switch out. So, then I thought "Why not just Roar Them out in the first Place?"

I think it would makes sense and be useful on certain Pokemon.

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Want to know an interesting fact about Mega Evolutions? Game Freak decides which Pokémon will get a Mega based on their popularity. Given the fact that there aren't many people here who like Beedrill or Audino, I presume that most of these Pokémon are fan favourites in Japan.

Nope, it has been revealed that some of the Megas were created for balance.

Mega Ninetales: This one is similar to my opinion on Mega Flygon. Ninetales has below average stats, so because of that, it's a Pokémon that really needs a Mega. Given that this is also one of the oldest Pokémon as well as the amount of people who like this cutesy thing, both in the West and Japan, I could really see Ninetales getting a Mega Evolution in the distant future.

Nintetales' BST is quite high, higher than Houndoom in fact. Her only problem is her stat distribution.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Game Freak has a weird ass idea of balance then, seeing as how Mewtwo got 2 megas and stuff like Tyranitar got megas too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015

Hmm, after reading the interview again and a few new ones I haven't read yet, you are actually right. Most of them have been created for balance. xP

The reason I presumed it's also based on popularity is because of this interview.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Hmm, after reading the interview again and a few new ones I haven't read yet, you are actually right. Most of them have been created for balance. xP

The reason I presumed it's also based on popularity is because of this interview.
    Well, it's actually both popularity and balance, since they also said in the article that Cerberus linked that they partly based the decisions for what got megas based on "what they thought the fans would like to see", ie. popularity.

As for the balance part of it, they said that many of the (new) megas are meant to balance each other out. To me that doesn't sound like true balance, that just sounds like making the metagame more Mega Evolution-centric. But that is a discussion for another place and time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back